Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

I messaged Shelbi's BF to ask who he was talking about when he said that Caila wasn't the only party girl.... 

He said Kelsey Lowrance. I kind of knew that already since I see her out a lot in uptown, but at least she's not a minor! Plus her body looks great.

I hope Kelsey hadn't screwed her chances before they've begun!

9 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

That's nice what she wrote and she looks very pretty in that picture.  I still am annoyed with her though if she truly was partying and let her weight get out of hand.  She is such a talented dancer and was working so hard...! I know it's a lot of pressure though when you are that young and there is so much temptation for fun.  She's only 20, right? Maybe she will be like Jenna Brooks and come back in a couple of years when she's got the nonsense out of her system and is ready to buckle down.  

8 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

How awkward.

I wonder if either of them brought a giant snake?

Shelbi probably thought she had the advantage of going first. But the Amy got chosen for training camp. That had to hurt.

Slave 4U.jpg

hahahahaha omg  There is enough difference to them but I still think EVERYONE had to notice!! I can see both of them being super pissed about it and hopefully they did different songs. I canNOT see Shelbi being able to pull off Slave 4 U.  Both of their figures look amazing though.  

5 hours ago, Silverleaf said:

Question. In some, not all, photos/ videos of the girls doing solos you see rows of empty seats. What's going on there? Is it simply the next lots of solos are stretching and warming up?

I wondered that too!! I think that they are waiting to perform and practicing right before...I saw a video where you could see some girls on the side going through the motions.  

6 minutes ago, BritFan said:

I hope Kelsey hadn't screwed her chances before they've begun!

Seriously!! I will be so annoyed!! But that also doesn't surprise me too much since I know she and Caila were super tight this past year and isn't Kelsey's BF a little bit older? Crossing my fingers she gets it together and cuts the crap.  I am team kelsey but I have no respect for people who say they want something SO bad and throw it away on temporary 'fun.' 

• Love 1

There are some girls who can go out, drink, and not get sloppy drunk. Shelbi's boyfriend was saying the other girl was a DCC, which Kelsey is not so she has nothing to worry about unless she does it if she makes the team. In that case, she's currently a TCC and she knows better than to try and do that now. If she does continue to be a party girl then I will be disappointed. Right now, I can only take what he's saying with a grain of salt.

Calia was just to young to handle her local fame.  

I am so excited about Amy!!!!!!! Go Amy!   Make Illinois proud!!!! We need you, nothing else in this terrible state to be proud of ! Lol!!  I think Amy has incredible focus!  She has improved every year and come back stronger to auditions!  I'm so excited to watch her!

im happy to have girls I care about this year for the tv show!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Luvdallas said:

Calia was just to young to handle her local fame.  

I am so excited about Amy!!!!!!! Go Amy!   Make Illinois proud!!!! We need you, nothing else in this terrible state to be proud of ! Lol!!  I think Amy has incredible focus!  She has improved every year and come back stronger to auditions!  I'm so excited to watch her!

im happy to have girls I care about this year for the tv show!

Same!! it helps so much to follow them during the year so you can root for them over the summer! I am hoping Amy does well- really impressed by her improving her kicks and dancing this year. fingers crossed!! 

• Love 1

I can't see why you'd go to Michelle over one of them? Mia, Jen, Danielle, Loren and I'm sure there are others. They know what's expected from a solo NOW, not years ago. Not hating on Michelle for one minute because I think she's amazing but still? Michelle was singing Yukos praises not long ago, maybe she did her solo too? I'd hope Michelle got at least couple into TCC lol!

Dancing is a talent. Choreographing dances is a talent. Teaching dance is a talent. Just because you can do one of those things brilliantly, doesn't mean you are great at all three. I've been completely underwhelmed by what little I've seen of Mia's choreography. Her audition routines are a series of rehashed DCC moves cobbled together with a kick and a turn. Now maybe that's what Judy asked for, but it isn't great stuff. I also question her musicality. I'm not a huge fan of Michelle's style, but her dancers are interesting and fresh. She's been active in the dance scene since she left the team and seems to be very creative.

I messaged Shelbi's BF to ask who he was talking about when he said that Caila wasn't the only party girl....He said Kelsey Lowrance.

I don't give much credit in the truthfulness of comments made by a guy who is lashing out due to sour grapes. He is trying to hurt people and stir things up. The fact that he responded to a PM from a total stranger by trying to take down someone else on the team speaks volumes. (I assume you don't know him, since you did mention being acquaintances.) Considering the source, I hope nobody here dignifies the rumor by repeating it into fact.

• Love 9

It's incredibly rude to post comments like that on someone's instagram, especially the person whom your girlfriend was trying to be employed by. 

Staying on topic, I must say I saw that Amy photo and did think her kicks seem better. Good for her if that's true, it's possible she could have low kicks but got that one up here for the photo LOL

I think it's bad that shebli's boyfriend is trying to throw other girls under the bus and making comments about a current Dcc or Kelsey for partying.. I haven't seen Kelsey post anything bad on social media or even her friends social media. It's always dance, AAIA or boyfriend stuff. She seems as if this audition process is making her grow up from what we have seen on the show in the past two years. I agree, taking whatever shebli's butt hurt boyfriend says, with a grain of salt. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Silverleaf said:

Wasn't it season 3 where they had 2 vets with very similar solo outfits? Red dresses with white dots I think.

Yeah, S3. Stefani Peterson and another girl with blonde hair both wore nautical red and white outfits. Stefani made the squad.

Edited by Kaedee

First picture, is that megan c second from left?

Second picture, girl on right end atrocious kicks. Girl on left end looks like Ashley P...but I think that's Melissa?

Oh Raylee that was not an attractive face lmao

I'm big into ballet (can't dance it, but still . . . ) so I love the fact that someone used that skill in a solo, with pointe shoes no less.  Does anyone know who it is?  I wonder what her technique is like since the angle is kind of weird.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

There are tons of photos on DFW.com

Look at those flexed feet. What is with these girls? You know Judy was cringing.

LOIim.St.117.jpegtI1zY.St.117.jpegnDYdx.St.117.jpeg

Best faces!

eDf8x.St.117.jpeg

n7qhm.St.117.jpeg

Allie G! omg!! hahaha! poor girl, just at the wrong moment! Stephanie looks pretty there though and her body doesn't look body-builder-ish either. 

Oh Kyndall - point your toe!! she got yelled at for that last year! I know she said she doesn't dance in tennis shoes so it's weird but girl, you should have been practicing that then!! 

So many of the costumes this year were black or red! Just interesting how the trends go from year to year...and lots using the little half skirt in the back. 

Kelsey's costume looks soo pretty! 

Also gotta add that Danielle looks fierce in her photos! Really great height on her lips, nice extensions...love seeing her rock it!! I'm going to miss her next year :(  

Honestly most of the vets look pretty great. 

Edited by LaurenBrook

This is a silly but pretty photo of Kelsey. She's definitely got the photogenic thing down. I'm curious as to what they will want to do with her hair, maybe make her a lighter brown?

nu2Ai.St.117.jpeg

LOIim.St.117.jpeg

First picture, is that megan c second from left?

DeJanae, Megan, Tess(?), Kyndall, and Miranda

frtDu.St.117.jpeg

I'm big into ballet (can't dance it, but still . . . ) so I love the fact that someone used that skill in a solo, with pointe shoes no less.  Does anyone know who it is?  I wonder what her technique is like since the angle is kind of weird.

Khalyn, I think

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Kelsey's hair is too long, they need to shorten it and they need to add some layers.

Agree. I think some layer would look awesome. I kind of like the dark color though with her eyes. Reminds me of Ashley Paige who I think was so beautiful, especially on the HD screen. 

Is this Madeline? Sweet picture!! 

ETA: shoot, can't get it to link to actual pic. It's 145. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Is this Madeline? Sweet picture!! 

ETA: shoot, can't get it to link to actual pic. It's 145. 

LOL this?

1nlzyh.St.117.jpeg

I think Kelsey is great the way she is. I hope they don't screw her up. Maybe some long layers for better movement, but leave the rest alone!

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

LOL this?

1nlzyh.St.117.jpeg

I think Kelsey is great the way she is. I hope they don't screw her up. Maybe some long layers for better movement, but leave the rest alone!

YES! that's the one! GO Madeline!! Love her.  I didn't realize Kashara also tumbled! I hope she makes SG this year. 

And agree - Kelsey is stunning. I would say only give her hair some more movement. Otherwise I think she looks perfect the way she is. I even like how she does her make up.  

Shelbi was feelin' it! Is that Emily next to her? All of a sudden she seems blonde-er. I thought her hair was light brown.

13Yj5t.St.117.jpeg

Is this Jenna? I don't see any photos of her in either gallery. And only 1 or 2 of Caila. Which says a lot. All the other vets have tons of photos. Especially Danielle.

3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Shelbi was feelin' it! Is that Emily next to her? All of a sudden she seems blonde-er. I thought her hair was light brown.

13Yj5t.St.117.jpeg

Is this Jenna? I don't see any photos of her in either gallery. And only 1 or 2 of Caila. Which says a lot. All the other vets have tons of photos. Especially Danielle.

Yeah that's Emily next to her and she does look blonder there...

I think Jenna is really pretty, much prettier than when she was on squad before. That costume though is barf. 

6 minutes ago, NFLSweethearts said:

Looks like these three went to Sarah Gourley Idziak for their solo choreography. 

the sisters!! (or so they call themselves) that's kind of funny all three went to her.  

6 hours ago, JC123 said:

shelbi was definitely aware. I tagged her in it lol. And today she's just written an IG post saying he's her rock, who believes in her. Smart thing would have been to play dumb. Other people from other teams will hear about this too. Way to kill your dream girl. They obviously thought posting on his business account would cover their tracks. 

Wow, so she basically defended him. Well, that secures her fate. Bye shelbi!! 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Did any of the girls who went to Michelle Keys for choreo make training camp???

Kelsey L and I forgot who else

28 minutes ago, NFLSweethearts said:

Looks like these three went to Sarah Gourley Idziak for their solo choreography. 

That's who I would've hired.... Sarah knows her stuff and she has 3 girls going to TC.

• Love 1

Wow, so she basically defended him. Well, that secures her fate. Bye shelbi!! 

I wonder what her Texas Stars director thinks of this. Or if she said anything to Shelbi about it. Or if Shelbi will be welcome as a Texas Star girl after this. (Do they even have to audition to be on that team?)

Shelbi's boyfriend didn't react like this when she got cut last year, did he? The strength of the reaction seems disproportionate to the cause. He's taking it personally, like he thinks she's been disrespected or something. My best guess is she felt entitled to make TC since she did last year, and when she she wasn't chosen, BOOM.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I wonder what her Texas Stars director thinks of this. Or if she said anything to Shelbi about it. Or if Shelbi will be welcome as a Texas Star girl after this. (Do they even have to audition to be on that team?)

Shelbi's boyfriend didn't react like this when she got cut last year, did he? The strength of the reaction seems disproportionate to the cause. He's taking it personally, like he thinks she's been disrespected or something. My best guess is she felt entitled to make TC since she did last year, and when she she wasn't chosen, BOOM.

Well, I mean I ASSUME that Shelbi was super upset this year, more so than last year.  She got to TC last year and this year didn't even get to that point and she seems to believe that she really improved since last time.  I'm sure that sucks and is probably worse to see a bunch of people who didn't even get to camp last time make it (Kelsey, Amy, etc.) 

One thing I think is just kind of funny is on her FB page she has a recent glam shot and one of the girls who commented like "this is your year! knock 'em dead! leave it all out there!" is Paige.  And then Shelbi's BF goes off on how the quality of the girls on the team sucks anymore and Paige was released due to her player bf.  

I will take my boring little life LOL 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Silverleaf said:

I think Sydney must have asked Jenna to look out for Hunter. There's photos of Jenna doing Hunters hair and makeup.

Hunter posted a cute tweet to Jenna yesterday that Jenna retweeted, I forgot what it said but I think she was thanking her for her help.

I would think it would be very difficult for Shelbi to make any other big team, like DMD or Stars, after this drama caused by her boyfriend. It just looks REALLY bad. 

In regards to the party girl comments about some of the girls.... some of the best DCC from the years of the really great squads were big party girls. The difference between then and now was very limited social media and no camera phones. The camera phone changed everything. There is always someone watching. So glad I'm 36 and lived my hey day before social media and iPhones!

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow, hard to believe Caila is the SHORTEST girl in the line! 

Picture 44 of the field photos on dfw.com - isn't that her in the center? 

Ugh, I feel so bad. I think she is so pretty but she just looks puffy. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

In regards to the party girl comments about some of the girls.... some of the best DCC from the years of the really great squads were big party girls. The difference between then and now was very limited social media and no camera phones. The camera phone changed everything. There is always someone watching. So glad I'm 36 and lived my hey day before social media and iPhones!

Ain't that the truth!! 

• Love 4

Only looked at the dfw.com photos from the field auditions so far, but .. I know a lot of people don't think Madeline is DCC in style, but she looks so full of joy in all her photos! I love that about her ?

• Love 3

I feel bad for Shelbi, and wonder if she regrets her bf's "defense" of her not getting into TC. In the heat of the moment passions are raging high. But I'm sure she doesn't want to get blackballed for all Dallas/Ft Worth pro cheerleading teams. :(

BritFan - I LOVE Madeline and hope she makes the squad this year. She's a cutie!  I think Kelli and Judy bringing her into TC is a vote of confidence, because they put more consideration into who they bring back now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

This is a silly but pretty photo of Kelsey. She's definitely got the photogenic thing down. I'm curious as to what they will want to do with her hair, maybe make her a lighter brown?

nu2Ai.St.117.jpeg

I really hope they keep her hair the same.

If they make her a redhead, I'd die.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

I really hope they keep her hair the same.

If they make her a redhead, I'd die.

She would not be a pretty redhead lol

(edited)

Pointe shoes for a DCC tryout?   Seriously?   I don't even need to see it to know it was bad.   I assume the girl that did the solo in pointe shoes above did not make TC?

Thats one sickled foot there in that one girls leap - so bad.

Edited by MyFavShows

Looking at the kickline pics. Robin needs to be careful, her supporting foot is so badly turned in on the pic on this thread! Hope it was a one off, she could really hurt herself ☹️

2 hours ago, Kaedee said:

Yeah, S3. Stefani Peterson and another girl with blonde hair both wore nautical red and white outfits. Stefani made the squad.

Is that Amy in the 3rd picture? If so, her kick looks nice! I must say, some of the kick technique is soooooo bad. Sickling, bent knees, bad posture. In drill team, we had to point toes, keep non kicking leg straight, don't arch your back, don't pull down your partners. Before I had my stroke, I could still kick fairly well. There's only 3 or 4 in all those pictures who have really good kicks. In their defense, I'm sure their stamina was zero by then!!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Pointe shoes for a DCC tryout?   Seriously?   I don't even need to see it to know it was bad.   I assume the girl that did the solo in pointe shoes above did not make TC?

Thats one sickled foot there in that one girls leap - so bad.

I thought that someone said it was Khalyn who did pointe...if so, she did make TC :) There are some really cool pointe routines I have seen in competitions - you can make them really interesting and fun to watch! 

1 hour ago, Kaedee said:

BritFan - I LOVE Madeline and hope she makes the squad this year. She's a cutie!  I think Kelli and Judy bringing her into TC is a vote of confidence, because they put more consideration into who they bring back now.

Same!! Her smile looks beautiful and I thought she looked great next to Chantel. 

Madeline and Holly P have been working out together so I'm hoping Holly is also giving her some pointers on DCC style.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

She would not be a pretty redhead lol

Omg...LOL  that would be so terrible!! 

• Love 2