Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Sealed With A Ke$ha

• Start Topic

That was painful.

To my ears.

That was the first time where two celebs at the end completely backfired. Jaime could not stop screaming, and not just that, screaming the completely wrong clues. Kristen Stewart on Broadway? When? "REALLY BEAUTIFUL" never helpful. 

I love Loretta normally but she is not meant for this game. 

• Love 3

That was painful.

To my ears.

That was the first time where two celebs at the end completely backfired. Jaime could not stop screaming, and not just that, screaming the completely wrong clues. Kristen Stewart on Broadway? When? "REALLY BEAUTIFUL" never helpful. 

I love Loretta normally but she is not meant for this game. 

OMG, you're not kidding!  I wanted Rachel to tell Jaime to just hush so she could give the clues.  So much flustering and physical attributes clues which weren't very helpful --although they did get Salma Hayek from something like "Big boobs, Latin actress".  

Edited by gameoff

Good lord, that last round was a hot mess, starting with their clues for Madonna.

And did Jaime Pressley actually say something about being a  Broadway actress for Kristen Stewart?  No! Just say she was in the Twilight movies! unless her and Rachel have no clue who she is. Grrrr...

But I am giving the worst clue of the whole game to Loretta Devine for "Bart" (Simpson.) She started out ok with "....Simpson".. but when Jamie or was it Mira didn't say Bart,(I think they responded with Homer)... Loretta totally went off the rails. instead of saying something like little boy or son of Homer... she said some shit that wasn't even remotely Simpson related. Was it something to do with drawing? OMG, that was so maddening.
Please talk about that in the podcast Tara!

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1

I actually got where Loretta was going with that. She said "older" which makes me think that she thought Bart was the father. Then she was trying to get her to say "art" in order to have the rhyming connection. It was a ridiculous clue, but I also don't know why Mira didn't just go through the family - Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa. She knew it was ONE of them. 

• Love 2

WTF was that Jamie Pressley?! And to think I would have picked her too because I don't trust Mira or Loretta, especially after the Bart disaster.

Would Taye have been a better clue-giver? Rachael wasn't too bad but I think she got railroaded by Jamie just not shutting up and saying everyone was amazing. That would have confused anyone I think.

Even Jane was totally flabbergasted standing at the side with the clues to Kristen Stewart and Salma Hayek. It's great the civilian got Salma Hayek from those clues since I would think Sofia Vergara would be first dibs with Big Boobs Latina. At least nowadays.

• Love 2

That was a rough ending. Definitely malpractice on the part of Jaime, not too much better by Rachel, although she was clearly distracted by Jaime's non-stop non-clue giving.

I thought the words on the Top Of My Head game were pretty unbalanced. The South Park ones were almost all pretty generic words, with no knowledge of the show required (even the one name, Kenny, they were easily able to get with a non-South Park clue), while the Simpsons round included "Bart" and "Springfield" among the few clues we saw, which are pretty hard to get if you don't know the show. Not that we got to find out, since the players on that round were pretty awful, especially Loretta.

Don't think there there was a single celebrity there I'd be unreservedly happy to see booked on the show again. Maybe Rachel Ray, until that last round. Maybe Taye Diggs, though he didn't impress much one way or the other, mostly just wasn't as awful as some of the others.

Don't think there there was a single celebrity there I'd be unreservedly happy to see booked on the show again. Maybe Rachel Ray, until that last round. Maybe Taye Diggs, though he didn't impress much one way or the other,

I'd be okay with Taye Diggs, during the celebrity block game he and his other teammates were constantly yelling out the right answers, while the dentists teammates were curiously silent.

Loretta Divine is a gorgeous, talented singer/actress who should never play HGN ever again. Ditto for Jamie Pressley save the talented singer part.

That was awful. I couldn't believe she picked both Rachel and Jamie, since they seemed... moronic? Should have gone with Kedollarha.

I got the impression from this episode that none of the celebs knew anything about pop culture at all, or even any of the other people they've ever worked with or met. Like... zero references to work they'd been in before, it was all physical characteristics and "great actress" -- super helpful clue there.

I was trying to figure out if "Bort" would have been a viable clue for Bart... or if it's too similar. but it's a different name!!!

I actually got where Loretta was going with that. She said "older" which makes me think that she thought Bart was the father. Then she was trying to get her to say "art" in order to have the rhyming connection. It was a ridiculous clue, but I also don't know why Mira didn't just go through the family - Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa. She knew it was ONE of them. 

Ahhh. Thanks for explaining her drawing clue for Bart. I could not figure that out. I completely understand Mira just standing there confused. It's so risky when the clue-giver completely changes tact.

I thought the words on the Top Of My Head game were pretty unbalanced. The South Park ones were almost all pretty generic words, with no knowledge of the show required (even the one name, Kenny, they were easily able to get with a non-South Park clue), while the Simpsons round included "Bart" and "Springfield" among the few clues we saw, which are pretty hard to get if you don't know the show. 

I didn't think about that, but maybe you're right. I've never seen South Park (though I know a few general things about it), but I've seen plenty of The Simpsons, so it flabbergasted me that the clues were so terrible. It's been around for so long you'd think everyone would the general stuff about it. Apparently Loretta didn't know the show is set in Springfield. 

What a terrible game all the way around. I did like that in Picture Purrfect they used an image from Weird Science which is not all that familiar. 

I hate Jane in the Box. I hate Block This Way.

I like Back to Back, and I think they generally did good with it, though it bugs me a little that some people start giving clues as they're making their way to the clue spot.

I really like Off the Top of My Head, but that was horrible.

Celebrity Name Game was painful. I would have picked Taye and Jamie, but obviously Jamie was just about the worst person you could pick. The only good clue she gave was Blue Steel. 

Rachel looked really upset when she and Jamie were consoling Sarah. Jamie had leaned into Sarah probably saying she was sorry. I wonder if Sarah teared up. Rachel looked like she was on the verge of tears.

I had high hopes for this ep. Yuck.

• Love 1

Loretta Divine is a gorgeous, talented singer/actress who should never play HGN ever again. Ditto for Jamie Pressley save the talented singer part.

Agreed, especially in regards to Loretta. I felt so badly for the dentist guy. His team was just a disaster. Usually Off The Top Of My Head is my favorite game; the winning team did really well, the losing team just tanked and it was painful to watch. But not as painful as the bonus round.

I agree that the Bart Simpson clues were bad, however I also agree that the guesser should have started rattling off other character names.  I have watched exactly 1 episode of the Simpsons (that is not an exaggeration), but it has been on so long, been referenced so many other places, is part of the greater pop culture landscape that there are things one just knows.  I don't know a lot but I would have rattled off Bart, Lisa, Marge.  I also know there is an Apu and Krusty (sp?), that it's set in Springfield and there's a nuclear power plant.  I might recognize more with context or clues.

• Love 3
Apparently Loretta didn't know the show is set in Springfield.

And apparently Jamie doesn't know spring follows winter.

I did like that in Picture Purrfect they used an image from Weird Science which is not all that familiar.

It is to men and lesbians of a certain age.

• Love 2

I think Mira would have mentioned the entire family had Loretta not confused her by saying "No, the older one...", after Mira answered "Homer". I would have been confused too, as who else is older then Homer? Grandpa Simpson?

Even Jane was "D'oh!" standing on the side.

• Love 1

If you know no one else is older, then you also know the clue giver is confused.  I'd still start rattling off everything I knew even if it didn't make sense.  In guessing games is best to keep talking, brain storming, babbling, you could help yourself, you could help the clue giver or you might just get the answer, too.

• Love 1

If you know no one else is older, then you also know the clue giver is confused.  I'd still start rattling off everything I knew even if it didn't make sense.  In guessing games is best to keep talking, brain storming, babbling, you could help yourself, you could help the clue giver or you might just get the answer, too.

That makes sense. I guess they just both didn't help each other well - Loretta was confused on the clue, Mira got confused on the clue she was given, and neither was able to recover.

After that description, I'm guessing Rene Zellwiger will not be inviting Jamie Presley over!

Is Rene really that hard? Maybe because she's not in the limelight anymore as she used to be, but still, she's Bridget Jones!

The complete refusal to say something like "she's a talk show host who's...somewhat plus-sized" for Rosie O'Donnell was hilarious. Sure, it makes sense to say "She was on the View" -- that narrows it down to seventeen people, after all. Even "She was on the View, and isn't anymore" still narrows it down to, like, a million people. Good job!

• Love 1

And did Jaime Pressley actually say something about being a  Broadway actress for Kristen Stewart?  No! Just say she was in the Twilight movies! unless her and Rachel have no clue who she is. Grrrr...

But I am giving the worst clue of the whole game to Loretta Devine for "Bart" (Simpson.) She started out ok with "....Simpson".. but when Jamie or was it Mira didn't say Bart,(I think they responded with Homer)...

It's quite possible that Loretta hasn't watched The Simpsons and doesn't hang with a group that does.  From her clues, she seemed totally ignorant of it.  And while there are several Kenny's (Rogers, Messina, etc), how many Bart's are there?

But, yeah, the clues in the final round were horrid.  How can you not do "Material Girl", "Like a Virgin" or :Like a Prayer" for Madonna?  "Zoolander" for Ben Stiller?  "Legally Blonde" for Reese Witherspoon

Edited by jhlipton
  • Love 1

It's quite possible that Loretta hasn't watched The Simpsons and doesn't hang with a group that does. From her clues, she seemed totally ignorant of it. And while there are several Kenny's (Rogers, Messina, etc), how many Bart's are there?

But, yeah, the clues in the final round were horrid. How can you not do "Material Girl", "Like a Virgin" or :Like a Prayer" for Madonna? "Zoolander" for Ben Stiller? "Legally Blonde" for Reese Witherspoon

In Loggins & Messina (which I'm pretty sure you were referencing), Messina's first name was Jim. Loggins was the Kenny in the group.

I know of at least 2 other Barts: Bart Starr, the legendary NFL player (& later car dealership owner in Alabama) & actor Bart Braverman, who co-starred in Vegas with the late Robert Urich back in the '70's. But, yeah, most others probably wouldn't know them if they didn't have a good knowledge of the things that made them famous.