Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E17: After Hours

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

The NCIS agents’ personal plans are interrupted when each of them catches errors in a seemingly cut-and-dried closed case. Also, McGee and Delilah argue over the importance of not discussing work during dinner, while DiNozzo bores his date with shop talk.

I enjoyed watching the DiNozzo date setup. I can completely believe Tony learned to play piano as a child.

I really loved the glimpses into their off work lives and how they tied it into the case. It was a simple case, well done. I love these types of shows the best.

• Love 6

What an utter snoozefest.

But hey! Michael Weatherly ain't half bad at singing, even though it was obvious he had a cold!  And the synopsis was misleading. His twat of a date kept bringing up his gun and what he does for a living. Her own damned fault that he ended up talking about the case to her, which led her to leave. Good Riddance! I say!

And McGee annoyed me to no end, turning the corn on the cob and carrots into "cars" and turning the dinner to look like the crime scene.

Waa, Waa, Waa, that Bishop doesn't feel like going home. I wanted to headslap her for insisting on eating real food, so instead of Gibbs getting snarky with her, what does he do? He takes her to his regular diner. Boo! Gibbs! Hiss!

Oh, and the Navy dude was sooooo not lying! NOT. My head is too full of the shit kind of stories dealing with rape from two decades ago, to form a coherent sentence about what I thought about this episode's rape victim, doing what she did. Because there has been some progress over the years.

Bleagh.

This team is too good to make so many glaring errors in their initial investigation. I had a problem with the episode because of that.

Exactly. Even I wondered immediately how the expert marksman had to take three shots to kill the guy. I thought Tony's date was in on the murder somehow since she looked familiar.

• Love 2

Michael Weatherly is getting a bit old to continue playing the part he played last night.  Of course, some of DiNozzo's father's traits were obviously passed on to him when it comes to his dating life.  Still, at some point, if he had planned to remain on the show, he should insist (have insisted) that his character mature more in keeping with his age.  Weatherly was in his mid 30's when the show began, and now he's on the downside of his 40's.  His behavior many times is much like that of a much younger, less mature person.

Overall the episode did not impress me and it was obvious from the beginning that something about the shooting was wrong.  All you had to do was see the look Gibbs was giving the shooter to know that.     

• Love 1

Why go through the trouble to go to the diner and order food if you're just going to leave before eating it? Unless Tony got a new bed, he still has a twin. Not much room for what he was planning. 

• Love 1

Michael Weatherly is getting a bit old to continue playing the part he played last night.  Of course, some of DiNozzo's father's traits were obviously passed on to him when it comes to his dating life.  Still, at some point, if he had planned to remain on the show, he should insist (have insisted) that his character mature more in keeping with his age.  Weatherly was in his mid 30's when the show began, and now he's on the downside of his 40's.  His behavior many times is much like that of a much younger, less mature person.

I excuse that for now because he just got out of a serious relationship and then got blindsided with Jean, so maybe he's falling back onto bad habits. But yeah, I thought he'd grown beyond such childishness.

Unless Tony got a new bed, he still has a twin. Not much room for what he was planning. 

Just enough room for what they were planning, not enough room for her to stay the night comfortably.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not going to get too bothered about how Tony is too old to be acting this way, when this show actually DE-AGED Abby! Turning back the clock and making her a 25 year-old in the show's sixth season, when she popped in on NCIS:LA, which was ridonkulous, considering how long she'd been with NCIS. She would have had to gone to school and got her experience when she was a tween. Abby and Tony should be around the same age, but suddenly Abby is now roughly 10 years younger than Tony.

And I have to vent about how Falls Church was portrayed last night. FIRST, no WAY does calling 911 in that area answered as "Falls Church 911" or however the dispatch operator answered the call.  Second, Falls Church is not a podunk small town. It's a city, which is 100% urban; 0% rural, so the conversation between Delilah and McGee had me rolling my eyes. HARD.  Why this show continues to get the DC/MD/VA area so WRONG, after all these years, is well beyond my understanding.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
His twat of a date kept bringing up his gun and what he does for a living. Her own damned fault that he ended up talking about the case to her, which led her to leave. Good Riddance! I say!

I thought it was pretty obvious his date was using gun as a euphemism.

Waa, Waa, Waa, that Bishop doesn't feel like going home. I wanted to headslap her for insisting on eating real food, so instead of Gibbs getting snarky with her, what does he do? He takes her to his regular diner. Boo! Gibbs! Hiss!

I thought it was a very real moment that a person who had recently divorced was still getting used to going to an empty house/apartment so she avoided it by working late.  She didn't go to Gibbs' to avoid going home.  She went to his place because of the new evidence in the case.  As for wanting to eat real food I can't fault her for that either.  TV dinners are gross.  

As for the episode I enjoyed it.  Sure they should have caught on to the inconsistencies immediately but I give them a pass as it was close to the end of the day.  It wasn't like they closed the case that night.  They were going to come back the next morning and go over it again. Frankly most law enforcement investigators don't work 24/7 on each case.  

• Love 3

Poor Delilah finally gets to enjoy the meal after slaving over it for 2 hours, then she immediately has to go to the bathroom long enough for Tim to build 3 cars out of corn, carrots, and toothpicks. Must have been one huge shit she took.

That was what we were supposed to infer from all that time that passed, right?

• Love 1

I couldn't stop thinking of DiNozzo's date and where I'd seen her before--she played the widowed stepmom in "Fairly Legal".  I love the actress and I'd actually love to see them bring her back (despite "when can I see you again?" "Never") and shape DiNozza back into a man before the season ends and he exits Stage Left.

• Love 2
(edited)

And the synopsis was misleading. His twat of a date kept bringing up his gun and what he does for a living.

My take (given the tone and responses he made) was that she wasn't talking about his gun, but his "gun" <wink, wink>

Why go through the trouble to go to the diner and order food if you're just going to leave before eating it? Unless Tony got a new bed, he still has a twin. Not much room for what he was planning.

As he was doing his pre-date walk through, I noticed the bed (the bedroom doors were open and inviting) - it looked like a queen sized bed.

I thought it was pretty obvious his date was using gun as a euphemism.

I thought it was a very real moment that a person who had recently divorced was still getting used to going to an empty house/apartment so she avoided it by working late.  She didn't go to Gibbs' to avoid going home.  She went to his place because of the new evidence in the case.  As for wanting to eat real food I can't fault her for that either.  TV dinners are gross.

Yes, about the gun. I also agree that the Bishop not wanting to go home to an empty apartment moment was pretty real. Though these days, with the chaos of family life, the occasionally empty house is nirvana.

The only food fault I found was leaving before it was prepared. I wonder, does Gibbs have a running tab at the place - so he can leave in a hurry before his orders arrive?

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 1

Yes, I realize that she was actually NOT talking about his gun..but before he sat her down to "play" the mystery game, she did want to talk about what he did for a living. Maybe. All right! Let's just say I didn't have a problem with how he acted because he did play the piano and sing. There!

• Love 1

Poor Delilah finally gets to enjoy the meal after slaving over it for 2 hours, then she immediately has to go to the bathroom long enough for Tim to build 3 cars out of corn, carrots, and toothpicks. Must have been one huge shit she took.

That was what we were supposed to infer from all that time that passed, right?

As forumfish pointed out about my post on the dinner itself, going to the bathroom is a little more complicated for Delilah.

Even I picked up on the "three shots" thing, and that was before we knew he was an expert marksman.

I don't love Abby, so I liked she was minimal this ep, and what she was in was tolerable (I fully admit I snickered at "I uber-pooled with McGee and Delilah...")

I heart Delilah. Is it wrong to say in a cop procedural thread that I hope I get to see this wedding one day...? <<ducks>>

I didn't understand all of Gibbs' brooding/pensiveness. Was he waiting for the team to pick up on the inconsistencies as a teaching lesson??

I wondered about Gibbs too. Either it was a test for the team or he's finally realizing that his full-time dedication to the job is no way of living and he was trying to give his team a chance to have a normal life. Which makes that quite a depressing episode - they're all already treading in his footsteps. (I doubt that was the writers intentions though).

I couldn't stop thinking of DiNozzo's date and where I'd seen her before--she played the widowed stepmom in "Fairly Legal". I love the actress and I'd actually love to see them bring her back (despite "when can I see you again?" "Never") and shape DiNozza back into a man before the season ends and he exits Stage Left.

Thank you! I was wondering where I had seen her in.

I'm not going to get too bothered about how Tony is too old to be acting this way, when this show actually DE-AGED Abby! Turning back the clock and making her a 25 year-old in the show's sixth season, when she popped in on NCIS:LA, which was ridonkulous, considering how long she'd been with NCIS. She would have had to gone to school and got her experience when she was a tween. Abby and Tony should be around the same age, but suddenly Abby is now roughly 10 years younger than Tony.

And I have to vent about how Falls Church was portrayed last night. FIRST, no WAY does calling 911 in that area answered as "Falls Church 911" or however the dispatch operator answered the call.  Second, Falls Church is not a podunk small town. It's a city, which is 100% urban; 0% rural, so the conversation between Delilah and McGee had me rolling my eyes. HARD.  Why this show continues to get the DC/MD/VA area so WRONG, after all these years, is well beyond my understanding.

Since Falls Church is actually the City of Falls Church, with county-level status, and positioned between Arlington & Fairfax Counties, and according to the US Census has the lowest level of poverty of any independent city or county in the United States, the idea that there is that much rural, infrequently traveled road is ludicrous.

But this is the show that has these people respond to cases in Norfolk!!

• Love 1

But this is the show that has these people respond to cases in Norfolk!!

Agreed. But at least they schooled them on how to say it. There were a few "Nor-folks" the first season. You have to swallow the 'fuck.'  lol

• Love 1

Agreed. But at least they schooled them on how to say it. There were a few "Nor-folks" the first season. You have to swallow the 'fuck.'  lol

People in Norfolk, Nebraska call it "Nor fork" (no offense to Huskers; Mrs. Torqy is a Husker)

• Love 1