Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Charlie Catches a Leprechaun

• Start Topic

Loved that Dennis' idea turned into just robbing people and leaving them at the side of the road.  I'm surprised we didn't get a better reaction from Dennis when the two guys thought that the Paddy Wagon was going to turn out to be a 'bang bus' situation.

Of course Mac's storyline ended with him just bolting to the gay bar and coming back sweaty and covered in green glitter...and of course nobody seemed shocked that's where he had been at nor that he needed some towels for some unspecified reason.  

• Love 1

Shit went sideways fast. Dennis' model seemed sound, but he didn't account for Frank's driving. Or Dee's characters. Or his own lack of patience. Of course the Gang kept the wallets stolen in the Paddy's Wagon rides. For this show, it counts as a happy ending.

I'm amazed the show didn't use a certain word to describe the little person trapped in the basement. And why was he in the basement to begin with? It's like the writers were chugging paint with Charlie . . . sweet, delicious paint. After all, you don't put food coloring in beer because beer isn't a food. That's Charlie Logic.

Mac went to the gay bar. Of course. Why not? Gotta love how Charlie just went for it.

• Love 1

Of course Mac's storyline ended with him just bolting to the gay bar and coming back sweaty and covered in green glitter...and of course nobody seemed shocked that's where he had been at nor that he needed some towels for some unspecified reason.  

I loved that Mac is finally, maybe, just starting to realize he's gay.   At least with his whole "I'm going there.  Alone.  Everyone else stay here." bit.

I'm amazed the show didn't use a certain word to describe the little person trapped in the basement.

I've always found it funny that for all the ways the Gang is crass, there are still some times when they are at least somewhat tactful.   Like how cool they thought Country Mac was for being openly gay.

Another solid episode.

I thought they were just making stuff up and getting confused again with the Leprechauns and 3 wishes, but turns out per Wikipedia, if you catch a Leprechaun they can give you three wishes to release them.

Actually is not a bad idea Dennis has with the bus, they just completely miss on pulling it off, as always of course. Heck he even tries to get them downloading apps and liking them on Facebook.

They funny thing Dee and her mockingly bad Irish costume and impression is I was watching Two Broke Girls for the one minute of it I can stand and they have an Irish character on their as well just as bad, except they are not doing it mockingly, they actually think it's genuinely funny.

Loved the gang always mixing up their history about St Patrick and Leprechauns.

• Love 1

Sometimes I fear the show only gives Dee a "kooky characters" plot when there's nothing else for her to do. And this kind of seemed like that. But letting her do 3 of them while amping up Dennis' insanity did work.

It's also interesting to see Charlie's insanity take a more violent turn, because while he does have an innocent (and sometimes inspired) side, we don't want to mistake that for being the good guy. Especially when he's drinking paint.

• Love 2

I can't this is the first time they've actually done a St Paddys episode.  And its also been a while since they launched a scheme that actually involve business for the bar.

Loved the return of "Crazy Paddy" and other Dee characters.  Loved everyone mistaking Paddy Wagon for a car service and of course Frank leaving both kids on the side of the road.  This coupled with Charlie eating paint and Mac's "Irish Honor System" made for a satisfying episode.

On 2/24/2016 at 9:01 PM, Lantern7 said:

Shit went sideways fast. Dennis' model seemed sound, but he didn't account for Frank's driving. Or Dee's characters. Or his own lack of patience. Of course the Gang kept the wallets stolen in the Paddy's Wagon rides. For this show, it counts as a happy ending.

I'm amazed the show didn't use a certain word to describe the little person trapped in the basement. And why was he in the basement to begin with? It's like the writers were chugging paint with Charlie . . . sweet, delicious paint. After all, you don't put food coloring in beer because beer isn't a food. That's Charlie Logic.

Mac went to the gay bar. Of course. Why not? Gotta love how Charlie just went for it.

Dennis model didn't seem sound, it's classic Dennis: he tries to mimic/imitate success through only the most superficial methods, then (as a sociopath) becomes increasingly angry that other people aren't doing exactly what he expects.  He's an amazing, terrifying character; you could slap him in a horror film and do the same line readings as in this show, and it would be legitimately unnerving.  That sequence where he insists the two women smile for the pictures (while Kaitlin Olsen is looking like a battered captive woman on the edge of the photos) was hilarious in context and awful without.  So, basically every episode of IASIP...

They did explain why the dwarf (that is the correct term?) was there; he'd actually been stealing wallets from Paddy's for years and hiding out in the bar to not get caught... and they happened to catch him thanks to Charlie's paint-drinking insanity and glue traps.

• Love 1