Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: We've All Got Baggage

As romantic relationships move forward, the Liars investigate a new suspect in the murder case. With Ezra back in Rosewood, Aria must tell him the truth about her involvement with his book. Spencer and Caleb deal with a media leak that affects the campaign. Hanna takes a look at her life after an incident at work. Emily gets harassed by the stalker while she continues the search for Sara. Meanwhile, two lovers finally tie the knot with the help of a special officiant.

Promo:

So Sara is also a mason.  A hands-free mason.  Okay then.

Veronica:  Thanks for reminding me why I did this

Spencer:  [something I can't remember]

Veronica:  No, I meant why I had kids.

Me:  What hack writing!

I did "oh, shit!" when Ezra spilled about Ezria.  Of course Liam took her back.

Alison's hair looked really good in the first scene. 

Everything with Emily's adventure at the abandoned restaurant confused the hell out of me.  How did she get there, why did she go alone, why did she think the car was gone after it'd only been out of sight for 5 seconds, why did she keep repeating that same mistake, and what the hell was the engine on that truck?  It sounded like a jet engine.

Hanna's conversation with Ella was really ham handed. 

• Love 9

I'm now about three feet tall from the anvil that fell during that scene with Hanna and Aria's mom about first loves finding their way back to each other. Bless Aria's mom for saying that Byron wasn't her first love, thus blowing Hanna's pipe dream.

• Love 3

Everything with Emily's adventure at the abandoned restaurant confused the hell out of me.  How did she get there, why did she go alone, why did she think the car was gone after it'd only been out of sight for 5 seconds, why did she keep repeating that same mistake, and what the hell was the engine on that truck?  It sounded like a jet engine.

Okay, I'm glad someone else was confused. I remember her going to dinner with that reporter guy, than the next time we see her she's by herself in the middle of nowhere?

Why do people on TV never ask who is knocking on their door or look out their window? Especially when it is late at night and someone is pounding on the door creeping them out? Seriously, I can't believe Aria just opened the door like that.

• Love 6

Spencer and Caleb are still disgusting to me. I know that I'm supposed to be rooting for them, but that whole relationship makes me hate both of them since they clearly don't care about Hanna at all. 

I think the Hanna/Ella scene today was to set up Hanna wanting to get back together with Caleb, and Caleb rejecting her, which is just unnecessary. 

• Love 6

Ezra sounded so casual when he was talking about how he used to bang his underage student. Have some shame, dude.

Emily's diner investigation trip was like a lesson in what not to do. She basically rubbed her prints all over the murder weapon before giving it the potential killer.

Most interesting thing about Aria's parents' wedding was Hanna's full leather outfit, complete with crop top.

Byron explaining why Mike won't be at the wedding: He can't come. He's a werewolf now.

The timing of Rollins' proposal to Alison was shady AF. He sounded like such a creep and she was clearly upset and feeling guilty, and when he said he loved her she acted like she never heard someone tell her they love her, which may be the case and is probably why she's so eager to go through with it.

Aria doesn't want to marry them because she ships emison.

I guess Ali and Aria are back on good terms then? When did Ali stop thinking her friends might have been involved in her sister's murder?

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 5

I don't really understand how Spencer and Caleb are uncaring in regards to Hanna? They didn't do anything until they received Hannah's blessing, and she's engaged, she had the chance to say something and instead, gave them the go ahead.

So the girls went back to investigate evidence and it was gone? What a plot twist! That has never happened on  this show before.

Also, the cops in this town are amazing, they can pinpoint the exact time someone died without witnesses and they can now tell the exact shape of an object that has been broken off a medal rod without even seeing said object.

• Love 6

I don't really understand how Spencer and Caleb are uncaring in regards to Hanna? They didn't do anything until they received Hannah's blessing, and she's engaged, she had the chance to say something and instead, gave them the go ahead.

So the girls went back to investigate evidence and it was gone? What a plot twist! That has never happened on  this show before.

Also, the cops in this town are amazing, they can pinpoint the exact time someone died without witnesses and they can now tell the exact shape of an object that has been broken off a medal rod without even seeing said object.

I don't think its ok to date someone your best friend was in love with. That's just me though. I don't think that Spencer or Caleb really cared what Hanna thought to begin with. Getting her blessing was just something to make themselves feel better. Having Hanna being engaged, just seems like the writers way to keep Hanna busy while they shove Spencer and Caleb down our throats.

Tonight showed that Hanna isn't ok with them being together, but even if she had told Spencer that, I don't think that would have stopped Spencer from being with Caleb. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 3
The timing of Rollins' proposal to Alison was shady AF. He sounded like such a creep and she was clearly upset and feeling guilty, and when he said he loved her she acted like she never heard someone tell her they love her, which may be the case and is probably why she's so eager to go through with it.

I wasn't paying enough attention to their conversation.  What was it Ali allegedly said to Charlotte That Night (no, not That Night.  Not that one either.  The  third That Night) that got allegedly got her upset?  Did she admit that she was banging Charlotte's doctor?

Also, when they showed up at Aria's doorstep for their impromptu wedding, they both looked a little hammered.  I kind of got a Ross & Rachel in Las Vegas vibe, and they'll wake up with hangovers and regret the next morning.  Maybe that's what the flashforward is about -- "he's already here!" and "he" turns out to be a process server delivering the divorce papers.

Okay, I'm glad someone else was confused. I remember her going to dinner with that reporter guy, than the next time we see her she's by herself in the middle of nowhere?

Not only was it confusing, it was just plain stupid.  It was a diner, it should have had parking right outside the building -- so why did Emily park so far away that you couldn't even see her car ?  Was she trying to sneak up on 'B' or whomever -- until she proceeded to knock on the door ? And then she conveniently falls down while running away and loses her phone.  And manages to escape from the truck on to the top of that container only to find what could possibly be the murder weapon used to kill Charlotte   Was that the plan all along -- to herd Emily to the top of the container to get her to handle the murder weapon ?   FFS that is stupid.

That Hanna flashback to London with Melissa went on WAAAAAY too long.

So they've known about this diner and the call that was made from there for a couple of episodes -- and are only NOW getting around to investigating it.

• Love 4

I wasn't paying enough attention to their conversation.  What was it Ali allegedly said to Charlotte That Night (no, not That Night.  Not that one either.  The  third That Night) that got allegedly got her upset?  Did she admit that she was banging Charlotte's doctor?

Also, when they showed up at Aria's doorstep for their impromptu wedding, they both looked a little hammered.  I kind of got a Ross & Rachel in Las Vegas vibe, and they'll wake up with hangovers and regret the next morning.  Maybe that's what the flashforward is about -- "he's already here!" and "he" turns out to be a process server delivering the divorce papers.

Yeah. Alison said she and Charlotte stayed up talking that night and Alison told Charlotte about her relationship with Rollins and Charlotte got upset and felt betrayed. Rollins thought Charlotte might have felt betrayed by him but Ali said she was upset with her. Which just goes to show... Charlotte wasn't ready to be released after all if she still wanted Alison all to herself. 

Did they say they had been drinking when they showed up at Aria's? I just thought they were acting crazy but I've seen people on tumblr and twitter saying they were drunk. 

• Love 1

So I guess Mike is gone from the show again?

Hanna’s makeup is way too dark, she looks like she's trying out blackface.

I kept wondering why they would have such a stupid plot as Aria marrying her parents until the end when I realized it was just so she could marry Ali. Also a stupid plot.

How many times have they done one of the liars running around in the woods with a car chasing them? I feel like I've seen that same scene over & over.

• Love 6

I don't think they were drunk not know what they were doing drunk, they were sober when he proposed. 

Liam's a goner, Aria was keeping Ezra a secret and lying to Liam about their relationship. Ezra assumes that Aria told Liam the truth about their past and ooops Liam's clueless. Also both Aria and Ezra claim the story isn't about their relationship but it obviously is. 

I just can't like Spencer and Caleb, permission from Hannah or not. Spencer's the worst friend. Nice they showed Aria and Emily both awkward about the whole situation of Spencer hooking up with Hannah's long term love.

• Love 5

I'm just really bored with this season, actually. Also yeah I highly doubt that Haleb won't be together come this season's finale. It's why I have yet to put muc stock into Spencer and Caleb scenes. But her just me and I'm no a psychic, just a girl who knows where the ship is probably going.

Also the emison shippers are probably sad tonight but I hated that romance so I don't care and let's be honest, the producers are going to throw emison breadcrumbs still.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Ha, I KNEW that Spencer and Aria should have been taking pictures of the closet and the tunnel and everything under the hotel so they would have proof that it existed!

I loved that Hanna brought so many dresses for Ella to try for her wedding gown, and I loved Ella talking about her first wedding and how she wants this one to be different. My mom got married pretty young too so I wonder if there are things she would change if she could have another wedding. Sometimes there is a world of difference between what you like when you're 20 versus when you're 40. It was also so cute when Hanna asked Ella if she could do the tables too.

This is PLL so I am suspicious of all new characters, but Damian is definitely on my list of potentially shady people. Who goes to the registrar without a pen and then asks to borrow one from someone and then is nosy enough to look at that someone's schedule? Rude!

Ali's wardrobe has been better in 6B but tonight she was wearing a floral print blazer from 1986. Is she raiding her mom's closet again?

Why would Elliott assume that Charlotte felt more betrayed by her doctor than by her sister? Ali and Elliott blaming themselves makes them perfect for each other. They can just spend the rest of their lives together feeling guilty about a terrible person being murdered.

Sigh. Why does this show ever write anything about technology? As if Byron would know more about being ordained online than Aria would. Come on - she knows how to find Website Pages.

Why is Caleb's new wardrobe mostly short sleeved button down shirts? Are they trying to make him look like one of those Mormon missionaries?

And speaking of wardrobe, Aria's pizza t-shirt was exactly what I have missed this season!

How did Emily get Damian to tell her that Melissa was back from London before Charlotte was killed. Did she just say, "Hey, I know you're a reporter. Got any good gossip?"

Major nitpick: Elliott and Alison can't just get married. You have to apply for a marriage license and in the state of Pennsylvania, there is a three day waiting period between submitting the application and the license being issued.

Thanks, Emily, for re-enacting every horror movie ever filmed. Girl alone? Check. Wearing shoes ill suited for running? Check. In an isolated location? Check. Runs away but then comes back out after two second? Check. Why the hell did she pick up that metal rod? Did she really think she could fend off a car with that? And why was she dumb enough to put her fingerprints all over it? It's like these girls never lived through A framing them for holding a shovel before.

• Love 5

Spencer and Caleb continue to be obnoxious together--they are both so self-involved when they're together in scenes, it's extremely off putting.  And Caleb is going to sacrifice himself to save Spencer and then Spencer's overwrought reaction to his choosing to leave?  I was rolling my eyes so much, I was making myself dizzy.  It would have made more sense for Veronica to give Spencer the benefit of the doubt and to let Caleb investigate how the story leaked from her ip address.

The Hanna/Melissa scene was also revealing in that Hanna and Caleb were still together (I loved Caleb's asking Hanna why she didn't tell him)  and that Melissa is a sloppy drunk and massive raging bitch when angered.  So it's Charlotte's fault that Wren now knows all of the criminal activities Melissa ever pulled? I guess it never occurred to Melissa that she needs to be held accountable for all of her actions regarding trying to protect Spencer.

I love Emily but she was doing everything wrong in going to investigate the diner by herself.  Now they lost the potential murder weapon.  Not good.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

Haven't posted in awhile since this season is SO SO awful, but re: the strange noise the pickup truck at the diner was making: one of my neighbors some years ago had a similar big truck like that with a similar strange and annoying (to me) noise. I was told it was a diesel engine, maybe the truck at the diner has one too?

Aria's pizza shirt was everything.

• Love 1
Ali's wardrobe has been better in 6B but tonight she was wearing a floral print blazer from 1986. Is she raiding her mom's closet again?

I liked her look when they were investigating Sara's hotel room.  It was the first time she looked like a 20-something rather than a teen wearing her mom's clothes.

Why would Elliott assume that Charlotte felt more betrayed by her doctor than by her sister? Ali and Elliott blaming themselves makes them perfect for each other. They can just spend the rest of their lives together feeling guilty about a terrible person being murdered.

I find Elliot one of the more repulsive characters on this show, which is saying something.  Ali's unburdening herself about That Night (3), and he starts talking to her like a psychologist instead of a supportive boyfriend.  Then when he insinuated his proposal I wanted to punch him in the throat.

Ali:  What are you asking?

Elliot:  I think you know what I'm asking you

Ali:  (should have said) Then ask me outright instead of playing some weird mind game you quack!

Why is Caleb's new wardrobe mostly short sleeved button down shirts? Are they trying to make him look like one of those Mormon missionaries?

The shirts are also one size too small.  In one scene the sleeves were riding really high to the point that it looked like they were trying to show off Tyler Blackburn's bulging biceps.  Unfortunately Tyler Blackburn doesn't have bulging biceps, like at all.  Don't get me wrong, he's a good looking guy, but he isn't built like Andrew or Mikey or even Toby.

• Love 4

I just 100% assumed that Elliott was banging and/or romancing Charlotte as well, and that this is all some long con to either get his mitts on the sweet Carissimi foundation dollars, or revenge on the girls for... something? Maybe he's Handless Harvey's brother? Maybe he was dating Shauna or Fake Cousin Whatsisname? 

I'm also assuming that when Charlotte got upset about the relationship, she called Doctor Chinless, they had a late night churchyard meeting, and he brained her with a hollow piece of metal with a rectangular opening, or a golf club, or whatever the murder weapon is this week. 

• Love 8

Was Elliot Charlotte's doctor all this time? Meaning was he already a doctor when Ali was still in high school? Did Ali ever say when they started dating? It must have been going on for a while if he's proposing? I don't know why I ever try to act like there's an actual timeline on this show. I like your theory that he was already banging Charlotte (some kind of reverse Man on the Moon thing?) and/or trying to get to the Carissimi money (we must never forget that Charlotte was a financial whiz who could afford all of A's surveillance equipment!).

The other problem with Caleb's new shirts are the rolled up sleeves (which are already too small/tight). Is he a greaser from the 50s who puts his smokes in there? Luke Perry circa early 90210? And it looks even dumber because they're short sleeved button down shirts, not t-shirts.

• Love 3
I just 100% assumed that Elliott was banging and/or romancing Charlotte as well, and that this is all some long con to either get his mitts on the sweet Carissimi foundation dollars, or revenge on the girls for... something? Maybe he's Handless Harvey's brother? Maybe he was dating Shauna or Fake Cousin Whatsisname?

I can buy that Elliott was sleeping with Charlotte too, since he's quite the creep.  And, he's a man in Rosewood.

We're not going to get any resolution to this mystery this season are we?  There aren't many episodes left, and the flashforward shows Ali writing "Mrs Rollins" on the chalkboard.  If Elliot turns out to be the killer, or the "it's too late, he's here" guy it just seems weird that she wouldn't be back to Ms DiLaurentis.

Another thing -- the election is in two weeks.  What's the over/under on how many episodes they'll cram into those two weeks?  Bearing in mind that this is the show that had a 2-season long November.

• Love 1

I agree. Caleb and Hannah were long over and Hannah clearly moved on in the eyes of the rest of them. Obviously the viewers know that Hannah has doubts but that's annoying me about Hannah too. I feel like she only wants Caleb back because someone else wants him. It's almost creepy the way she watches him happy w/Spencer and then contemplates that maybe he's her true first love.  

• Love 8

Again with the Scooby Doo masks. Oh well, I suppose they are more believable than the obviously fake Ali masks that fooled the girls in the first 4 seasons. 

The Emily scene was just ridiculous. Was that diner A's diner with the "pretty eyes" waitress?

LOL at Caleb telling Spencer, It can't be Mona because I yelled at her in an elevator and then she made me uncomfortable.

I thought Ezra spilled the beans to Liam in an attempt to break them up. His reaction to Aria writing his chapters "out of love" to "protect" him was creepy. 

Speaking of creeps, I think Dr. Rollins is trying to out-creep Mr. Fitz. Maybe they have a bet going or something. How old is this guy? He barely looks old enough to be a doctor, much less the criminally insane Charlotte's doctor.

Speaking of more creeps, Dr. Wren is still a wild card. He did know his way around Radley, so if someone is messing around in the walled off section (which somehow was unnoticed/ignored in the hotel renovation) it could be him. I do like the idea of Rollins and Wren being the same person, because on this dumb show, why not? 

• Love 3

Are the Liars going to find a new "murder weapon" every episode now?

LOL at Caleb telling Spencer, It can't be Mona because I yelled at her in an elevator and then she made me uncomfortable.

Yes, seriously, just how stupid is Caleb? Even he was actually scary which he most certainly is not, Mona is a little unhinged (or at least can be from time to time), hence not entirely rational. He also asked Melissa outright how she broke her suitcase, as if he expected to hear "While I was trying to strangle that bitch, duh!"

So new A is once again a genius hacker? How new and original. Or maybe Mona is retaliating but why would she care so much about that stupid campaign, one wonders.

Are they going to "shock" us every episodes with flashbacks of characters saying Charlotte is scum and they wouldn't mind her kicking the bucket? Because it's not shocking at all.

Mike is pissed at Byron at Ella? Just like in season one, once again, only Mike is invisible this time.

Also, when they showed up at Aria's doorstep for their impromptu wedding, they both looked a little hammered.  I kind of got a Ross & Rachel in Las Vegas vibe, and they'll wake up with hangovers and regret the next morning.

Ross and Rachel in Vegas was funny, though. This, not so much. Same with Joey the officiant as opposed to Aria marrying her mom and dad. Well, that was kind of funny too, just not intentionally so.

And Caleb is going to sacrifice himself to save Spencer and then Spencer's overwrought reaction to his choosing to leave?  I was rolling my eyes so much, I was making myself dizzy.  It would have made more sense for Veronica to give Spencer the benefit of the doubt and to let Caleb investigate how the story leaked from her ip address.

How would Yvonne's mom investigators even know Spencer's IP address in the first place? Did they tell some IP address to Veronica and she went "Oh, wait, that's Spencer's IP address" or just found what it was using illegal means? And yes, considering that her rival had Veronica's medical records maybe she shouldn't automatically believe what her camp has to say. This whole campaign is ridiculous.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 3

HAHAHAHA that was terrible! I felt like I missed an entire episode between this one and last week's!

Where do I start?

The Terrible Part 1: I get Hanna felt awkward over Spencer and Caleb and that's perfectly fine but when did she go from rolling around in red sheets with Jordan to ignoring him for a full day? And her talk about going back to your first love? God bless Ella for seeing right through her and smacking that bullshit down. I really don't think Hanna is ready to get married and she's just trying to find an excuse not to.

The Terrible Part 2: now that's out of the way, let's talk about the completely nonsensical thing that is Alison/Rollins: what to heck?111 Did we seriously go from Alison convincing Rollins to give their relationship a go to her being the one having doubts to them deciding to get married RIGHT FUCKING NOW in the spam of a couple of episodes??? The only thing was worst than the writing was the acting: I just feel like I'm watching Sasha Pieterse at this point. Where did Alison go??

So bad it was almost good: Emily being literally chased down by the most insistent car ever. I swear I felt like I was watching a cartoon at some point. And how the hell did the driver get the murder weapon without Emily seeing it?

Iconic Bad: Ezra revealing Aria and him used to go out when she was his student!! I wanna personally thank the writers for this scene because it was exactly the trainwreck it deserved to be.

The Good:

- Aria being her parents' minister. I'll confess I went WTF right along with Aria when Byron came up with the idea but the actual wedding was damn adorable as were Aria's jokes leading up to it.

- Liam and Aria.

- Spaleb. Oh Caleb! 

- The moment Dr. Rollins' shadow cast over Alison followed by dramatic music. Can he be revealed as A yet?

- The Hanna/Melissa flashback.

- A's piece of cake looked delicious.

As bad as the show is this season, I keep seeing glimses of potential like the Hanna/Melissa flashback . More and more I think we should have had a ten year jump so we could have a complete reboot with the present show alluding to shenanigans the characters got up to in that hiatus. It's just not that interesting watching a show about characters that haven't changed much at all where the most interesting stuff they do being make references to stuff we watched happen. The present mystery is simply a complete fail.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 6

lol at the scene were Emily fights The Car - that was terribly staged. I'm hoping The Car is the new A though.  That would be a good twist.

MK was probably watching Stephen King's Christine when she wrote that scene ;-) She loves to rip off, I mean pay homage, to horror films. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

I think the Hanna/Ella scene today was to set up Hanna wanting to get back together with Caleb, and Caleb rejecting her, which is just unnecessary.

Huh, I read that scene the exact opposite way - that Ella's comments punctured Hanna's fantasy that she and Caleb are destined to be together, and she decided to move forward with Jordan as a result.

• Love 6

Ezra has just gotten weirder and weirder. Why is this guy so thrilled about telling people he slept with his teenage student? What was with that bizarre "act of love" speech? Why have his eyes gotten crazier and crazier as the season progresses? Its gone beyond his usual weirdness, which I think is unintentional, and into possible Red Hearing territory. 

So, why the hell was Emily meeting that guy at the World Most Random Diner in the middle of the night, during the wedding, in the middle of nowhere, to meet a guy she knows is using her? Couldn't hit up the Arbys downtown? And where did reporter guy end up? And why did that diner look like an even crappier version of the diner from True Blood? I am so confused by that whole sequence. 

• Love 4

So, why the hell was Emily meeting that guy at the World Most Random Diner in the middle of the night, during the wedding, in the middle of nowhere, to meet a guy she knows is using her? Couldn't hit up the Arbys downtown? And where did reporter guy end up? And why did that diner look like an even crappier version of the diner from True Blood? I am so confused by that whole sequence. 

It was two different scenes. After Hanna texted Emily to let her know that the guy who invited her to the professor's lecture was actually a reporter, Emily suggested they go across the street for dinner (instead of coffee as he had suggested). Emily tried to get him drunk so she could get information out of him, but all she learned from him was that Melissa was back in Pennsylvania sooner than she had told Spencer and Caleb she was (no details about when she actually got back into town or where she was).

Afterward, Emily went to a different diner. This is where someone called Ali's house (and talked to someone at Ali's house for several minutes) the night that Charlotte came home. Ali didn't hear the phone ring so Emily went to see if she could find any useful information (although did she think she could just ask all the waitresses if they had seen anyone use the phone lately?).

Emily wasn't at Ella and Byron's wedding because Aria didn't invite any of her friends, supposedly to avoid any awkwardness that may have occurred from Hanna having to watch Caleb and Spencer be all lovey dovey at a wedding. Hanna only ended up at the wedding because she was helping Ella pick out a dress and then she asked if she could help with the decorations. She apparently got paid to help because she told someone that she was employed for the day.

Side note: I thought it was hilarious when Aria said she didn't invite any of her friends to her parents' wedding. If I were 40 and getting remarried and having a small wedding (and we saw from the ceremony that it was a pretty small wedding), I wouldn't be inviting my kids' friends.

• Love 3

The present mystery is simply a complete fail.

The real mystery for me is how season 6B can be even more boring than 6A.

Side note: I thought it was hilarious when Aria said she didn't invite any of her friends to her parents' wedding. If I were 40 and getting remarried and having a small wedding (and we saw from the ceremony that it was a pretty small wedding), I wouldn't be inviting my kids' friends.

Ella didn't even invite her wine-drinking buddy Ashley.

• Love 3

It was two different scenes. After Hanna texted Emily to let her know that the guy who invited her to the professor's lecture was actually a reporter, Emily suggested they go across the street for dinner (instead of coffee as he had suggested). Emily tried to get him drunk so she could get information out of him, but all she learned from him was that Melissa was back in Pennsylvania sooner than she had told Spencer and Caleb she was (no details about when she actually got back into town or where she was).

Ah, ok. That actually does make a bit more sense. The creepy random diner in the woods was still pretty bizarre. 

I still can't get over how boring this season is. I used o think being in high school was a problem for this show but I think they needed that frame of high school. If that makes sense. The time jump has just kind of dulled the scenes of the show in a bad way. I can't explain it.

I still can't get over how boring this season is. I used o think being in high school was a problem for this show but I think they needed that frame of high school. If that makes sense. The time jump has just kind of dulled the scenes of the show in a bad way. I can't explain it.

I know exactly what you mean by dull but I don't think not being set in highschool is the problem. The writing IS duller and less inspired than ever before but, IMHO, there's just so much potential being wasted! Once upon a time this show excelled in dark humour (especially with the A tags) and glorious soapy storylines like Jenna/Toby or Alison knowing how to fly a plane and the endless night of a thousand yellow tops and it was just so ridiculous and full of life and spark and so snappy.

With the time jump we could have had S1!Desperate Housewives meets Twin Peaks but what we got is honest to God bad pretty little liars fan fiction instead.

I wish the show was basically that flashback between Melissa and Hanna randomly meeting in a bathroom in London and the conversations were always like "remember the person you killed because you thought she was Ali" and "your crazy stalker is still out there and she made my boyfriend break up with me, wonder what she has on you, let's call her to find out". Hell, that should have been scene I of 6-B!

I wanna watch a show where all the characters are main characters in their own storylines and they're all victims and guilty parties at the same time like this show used to be, and not just random one-off, one-dimensional characters who the girls suspect might be texting them.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 6

Afterward, Emily went to a different diner. This is where someone called Ali's house (and talked to someone at Ali's house for several minutes) the night that Charlotte came home. Ali didn't hear the phone ring so Emily went to see if she could find any useful information (although did she think she could just ask all the waitresses if they had seen anyone use the phone lately?).

In Rosewood, if you have Pretty Eyes, you can charm quite a few diner waitresses

They could have upped Ashley and Ella's roles in this, made them bona fide Liar circle. Made Hanna and Mona (or Spencer) conquer the world together. A didn't need to follow them to Rosewood even but why not readjust the lense? Ezra, all the men, ARE only into high school girls. Ali could be a teacher and messing in the lives of her students a la prime of miss Jean brodie.

• Love 2

Huh, I read that scene the exact opposite way - that Ella's comments punctured Hanna's fantasy that she and Caleb are destined to be together, and she decided to move forward with Jordan as a result.

Either way, its pretty clear that this show has decided that Spencer and Caleb are the root for couple here, and that Hanna and Caleb fans should just give up. Which is weird considering that Marlene likes to do whatever she can to keep the couple fans happy, but I guess Spencer and Caleb are more important then the 5 years she built Hanna and Caleb, or more importantly, they are more important then the friendship between Hanna and Spencer.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 1

I feel like after all the years of evidence tampering these girls have put in, they'd know how to do it right by now. And by right, I mean do the evidence tampering in a way stupider and more awesome way. This season's evidence tampering has been really bland.

So after Byron, we haven't gotten another flashback to the Night of a Thousand Blunt Objects yet, right? Because we need more of that. NOT more random new/crappy characters whose names I can't even remember let alone bring myself to care about. 

Also, Drunk Melissa is EVERYTHING.

Oh, hey -- is Toby still going to be on this show? Because we haven't seen him since like episode two, and Caleb said something weird about "he moved on to other things" that seemed to be more than just a reference to "he moved on to other bitches." I mean, I'm fine with him not being on the show. But if that was the case, couldn't we get an awesome Toby murder scene? He couldn't have been murdered by an angry family of blonde sextuplets with identical yellow tank tops shoving weed gummies down his throat or anything? Or gone crazy after "not getting his promotion (lol)" and hung himself from the rafters in Spencer's barn with a do rag? COME ON PEOPLE, BRING THE FUCKNUTS BACK TO THIS SHOW. 

Also, Spencer + Caleb is the worst. It makes both characters look unsympathetic, and that's even before you get to the shipper/Hanna dilemma -- they just act like self-centered douchebags who apparently can't do anything other than jump on each other the second they see each other. The Spencer/Caleb dream crimefighting partnership so many people wanted before this is not what's happening, what's happening is Spencer/Caleb NOT crimefighting because they're too distracted by fucking like bunnies. I believe it from Hanna and her plank of wood because he can't act and they have no chemistry and let's be real, they're totally breaking it off before the season ends. Spencer and Caleb are capable of more than sex scenes, and this show is really doing a disservice to the characters by dumbing them down this way. 

Also, more Mona please. I would much rather have seen her working WITH the Liars, but clearly the show had to have some kind of new manufactured antagonism so of course, let's have her working for whoever Spencer's mom's opponent is (don't know or care) because OF COURSE. Either way, quit sidelining her, she's one of the few compelling characters this show has left.

I LOLed when Mike's reason for not coming to the wedding was WEREWOLF RAGE. Did they even need to bring him up, though? He hasn't been on the show for like 20 seasons. Wasn't it assumed he fell into the Unused Man Cave with Wren and Lucas and Noel and Karate Jake? Oh, and speaking of disappearing characters, what ever happened to Hanna's bitch stepsister? Was she tossed into the cave as a sacrifice to appease the Unused Men?

Edited by Lii
  • Love 3

Melissa is at her best when she's at her craziest, so I enjoyed that. Also liked the sweet Mama Hastings w/Spencer moment before she was betrayed.

We need so much more Mona (friend, enemy, frenemy, I don't care - Janel is one of the best parts of the show) & so much less Shower. 

I agree that they're styling Caleb weird, but Ali's makeup looked really good (yay! finally!) when she was sitting on the couch talking to her fiance(?!). 

Emily being terrorized by A car and getting her paws all over the Very Specific Weapon was so cringeworthy. 

Piper & Jesse, I mean Ella & Byron... I can't really invest in them, even though I like Ella. I missed Ashley. Aria's speech was kinda sweet, and her pizza shirt was perfect, but most of her SLs usually bug me.

• Love 1

Note to PLL:  Any episode that is supposed to include Aria coming clean about her past with Ezra isn't worth anything if she omits the part of their past where he was stalking her in order to write a true crime novel about his former underage hookup.

Hanna and Ella's dress-fitting talk about reconnecting with first loves was very anvilicious but also rang false because everyone has apparently forgotten that if Hanna's going to be reminded of her "first love", she would be reminded of Sean Ackard - the boy she would obsess and talk about nothing else for years before she got together with him.

• Love 3

I feel like after all the years of evidence tampering these girls have put in, they'd know how to do it right by now. And by right, I mean do the evidence tampering in a way stupider and more awesome way. This season's evidence tampering has been really bland.

So after Byron, we haven't gotten another flashback to the Night of a Thousand Blunt Objects yet, right? Because we need more of that. NOT more random new/crappy characters whose names I can't even remember let alone bring myself to care about.

Also, Drunk Melissa is EVERYTHING.

Oh, hey -- is Toby still going to be on this show? Because we haven't seen him since like episode two, and Caleb said something weird about "he moved on to other things" that seemed to be more than just a reference to "he moved on to other bitches." I mean, I'm fine with him not being on the show. But if that was the case, couldn't we get an awesome Toby murder scene? He couldn't have been murdered by an angry family of blonde sextuplets with identical yellow tank tops shoving weed gummies down his throat or anything? Or gone crazy after "not getting his promotion (lol)" and hung himself from the rafters in Spencer's barn with a do rag? COME ON PEOPLE, BRING THE FUCKNUTS BACK TO THIS SHOW.

Also, Spencer + Caleb is the worst. It makes both characters look unsympathetic, and that's even before you get to the shipper/Hanna dilemma -- they just act like self-centered douchebags who apparently can't do anything other than jump on each other the second they see each other. The Spencer/Caleb dream crimefighting partnership so many people wanted before this is not what's happening, what's happening is Spencer/Caleb NOT crimefighting because they're too distracted by fucking like bunnies. I believe it from Hanna and her plank of wood because he can't act and they have no chemistry and let's be real, they're totally breaking it off before the season ends. Spencer and Caleb are capable of more than sex scenes, and this show is really doing a disservice to the characters by dumbing them down this way.

Also, more Mona please. I would much rather have seen her working WITH the Liars, but clearly the show had to have some kind of new manufactured antagonism so of course, let's have her working for whoever Spencer's mom's opponent is (don't know or care) because OF COURSE. Either way, quit sidelining her, she's one of the few compelling characters this show has left.

I LOLed when Mike's reason for not coming to the wedding was WEREWOLF RAGE. Did they even need to bring him up, though? He hasn't been on the show for like 20 seasons. Wasn't it assumed he fell into the Unused Man Cave with Wren and Lucas and Noel and Karate Jake? Oh, and speaking of disappearing characters, what ever happened to Hanna's bitch stepsister? Was she tossed into the cave as a sacrifice to appease the Unused Men?

Lii, your comments are everything! I'm still not watching bur please keep them coming!

• Love 1