Type keyword(s) to search

Superstore In the Media

On 12/22/2020 at 2:12 PM, Irlandesa said:

I'm guessing if they focus on the Bo and Cheyenne family, they'll end up with a smaller cast and fewer extras. It'll be cheaper and easier to film than moving the action to another store.

Especially when it gets cancelled after three episodes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/17/2020 at 8:44 PM, Irlandesa said:

A Cheyenne and Bo spinoff is being considered.

I've loved most of Beau's appearances ("Why you gotta be such a bitch, Kathy?" is a favorite of the entire series), but this sounds like a younger, poorer, druggier version of the original Roseanne, and the post-episode conversation would be if we would've called child services IRL.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Kip Hackman said:

I am ok with everything they have planned (except that weird Cheyenne & Bo spin off). I think bringing Kelly back is a red herring and the romance hinted to in the article will be the main love story. They have a lot of stuff to get through in the remaining episodes.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Guess they're done.

image.thumb.png.1925c55782b8f37c06b3a90e6a6c2c7d.png

Makes me wonder: How much is filmed face-to-face? I saw a clip from The Goldbergs where a one-time, minor character filmed his portion by himself at home (green screen) and they digitally put him into a scene with Beverly. Ben wrote here that after the table read he clicked and they were gone...almost as if he’d never see them again. I haven’t had the feeling they’re filming separately, but it’d help explain the inconsistencies with masks and distancing.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

Makes me wonder: How much is filmed face-to-face? 

Good question. If you read between the lines of Ben's IG post,  it seems like filming during Covid may have been much more of a strain than they had let on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, memememe76 said:

Ben’s post is really so sad. I am accustomed to networks allowing long standing series that one extra season to end things. I think Superstore deserved that same consideration. 

It almost seemed like NBC was in a hurry to cancel it after America left. They could have given it a couple more seasons. Who knows whether their reasons were due to ratings (which seemed decent), Covid, or something else

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Superstore: America Ferrera to Return for One-Hour Series Finale

Happy to see Amy back for the finale! Like her or not, she's an integral part of this show. And it's not like she's missed much, only like 12 episodes when all is said and done. 

So happy to hear this. I've been a big America Ferrera fan ever since "Real Women Have Curves." She appears to be such a smart, authentic person. I believe she has an incredible future ahead of her either behind the camera or maybe even in politics.

• Love 3

I was starting to wonder if America would be back, and I'm glad she will be.  It would've been weird to end it without her.

A little surprised that NBC let the cat out of the bag.  Maybe they're hoping for a ratings bump. 

• Love 2

I could’ve done without Amy coming back, but at least it makes sense to the story if her brother is getting married. I hope she and Jonah don’t pick-up from when she broke his heart. Put on your big boy pants, Jonah! You deserve better than someone’s 3rd place (behind children and job.)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kiddvideo said:

I could’ve done without Amy coming back, but at least it makes sense to the story if her brother is getting married. I hope she and Jonah don’t pick-up from when she broke his heart. Put on your big boy pants, Jonah! You deserve better than someone’s 3rd place (behind children and job.)

They will probably go for the happy ending trope, which whatever. The show  is over so they’ll give the shippers the ending they want and those who aren’t fans of the coupling, no consequence. I am glad she’s coming back to at least have more closure. They had an argument and then exchanged an awkward glance in the parking lot and that was it. I’d prefer Jonah to put his big boy pants too, but I’m not optimistic because sitcom series finales  tend to let me down with couples who shouldn’t get back together but get together anyway (Ross/Rachel, Ted/Robin, etc.)

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 2
On 3/24/2021 at 9:31 AM, vibeology said:

Honestly, I'm okay with that. I love Cheyenne but Bo works best in very small doses.

Agreed.  Even though I loved most of the characters in THIS show, there are zero of them that I'd watch if they devoted a whole show to them.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, VartanFan said:

Agreed.  Even though I loved most of the characters in THIS show, there are zero of them that I'd watch if they devoted a whole show to them.  

I also agree. Spin-offs are hard to do. Frasier was by far the most successful, but they took a minor character and completely removed him from the original show and really had little connection to Cheers, save for some cameos, which are always my least favorite episodes. A Syid spinoff would have more possibilities to open a whole different world.

Jesus Zavala, Sofia Espinosa to Lead NBCU’s Spanish-Language ‘Superstore’ Adaptation ‘Supertitlán’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Supert.jpeg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Jesús Zavala (“Club de Cuervos”) and Sofía Espinosa (“Gloria”) have been tapped to lead the Spanish-language adaptation of NBCU’s hit series “Superstore” called “Supertitlán”. Other cast members in the Spanish-language version include Luz Aldán (“La Casadelas Flores”), Ricardo Peralta (“Sobreviví”), Carlos Orozco (“Plan Sexenalen”), Aldo Escalante (“El Señor de los Cielos”), Erika Franco (“Margarita”), Azalia Ortíz (“Dodo”), Martín Barba (“Cuatro Lunas”), Roberta Burns (“Dibujando el Cielo”), Francisco de la Reguera (“Sr. Ávila”), Viviana Serna (“Señor de los Cielos”), Amanda Farah (“La Casa de las Flores”), Harold Azuara (“Rosario Tijeras”), Laura de Ita (“Efectos Secundarioss”), Nuria Blanco (“El Vato”) and Eugenio Rubio (“Sobreamor”). 

The first season of the comedy, Supertitlán, will have 48 one-hour episodes.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2