Type keyword(s) to search

Superstore In the Media

I've read the episode titles and synopses and it seems that they are doing all the kooky tradition episodes before Halloween -the crazy Mateo creativity, the games in the store, the A&J competitive episode. Which makes me think we have a dark twist/ major switch up coming from November sweeps. Maybe HQ give Jonah a new job... 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Is there a reason for this? Is there some show or sports event that needed the slot? I just thinks it hurts the show. Seems like networks are caring less and less about sitcoms these days. 

The reason is that NBC has decided to fix their ratings problems with their favorite trick of putting on a mindless reality competition (Titan Games) and then trying to run all of their sitcoms without breaks in the 9pm hour. And Superstore gets pushed back since it doesn't get the hype or awards attention of The Good Place or Brooklyn Nine-Nine and has demonstrated that it's ratings are not really dependent on its lead in. Plus networks have learned that Fox style random scheduling shuffling shows around and airing a couple episodes here, a couple their and then a month of reruns is the quickest way to kill a show so they would rather take a chance on breaking up the season into 2 short seasons, cable style.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Is there a reason for this? Is there some show or sports event that needed the slot? I just thinks it hurts the show. Seems like networks are caring less and less about sitcoms these days. 

Titan Games was supposed to air on Wednesdays but NBC decided they would rather delay one of the comedies than break up the Chicago shows. With Titan Games airing on Thursday there is only room for 2 sitcoms and they went with Brooklyn 99 and Will & Grace. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Dani said:

Titan Games was supposed to air on Wednesdays but NBC decided they would rather delay one of the comedies than break up the Chicago shows. With Titan Games airing on Thursday there is only room for 2 sitcoms and they went with Brooklyn 99 and Will & Grace. 

B99 and Superstore would have been the better pair.  But then I wasn't feeling the W&G reboot and bowed out.  And shows like Titan Games are just not my thing. 

I was looking forward to the return of Superstore after The Good Place season finale; I miss it!

• Love 5

I just saw an interview that Ben did a few days ago and he said the final episode this season will be hardcore dark? Any ideas of what he meant? The interview is on youtube with Busy Phillips. I do not know what is considered hardcore dark, I would guess someone maybe dying? How many episodes are left?

4 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I just saw an interview that Ben did a few days ago and he said the final episode this season will be hardcore dark? Any ideas of what he meant? The interview is on youtube with Busy Phillips. I do not know what is considered hardcore dark, I would guess someone maybe dying? How many episodes are left?

Maybe they find another foot in the parking lot?

I have no idea what hardcore dark could mean for this show!

6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I do not know what is considered hardcore dark, I would guess someone maybe dying? How many episodes are left?

I think there are 5 episodes left.

If I was writing a hardcore dark scenario, it would be a store robbery/hostage situation episode final cliffhanger, with the next season opener finding out it is Cheyenne's stupid husband Bo and he is sent to prison. Of course Cheyenne is the one to recognize him first and totally rats him out to the rest of the store.

More likely it is some dark drama involving Carol, Sandra and Jerry.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Oh no. That sounds like "a very special Superstore." Shark-jumping special.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:08 AM, silverspoons said:

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Jaded said:

‘Superstore’ Season 5 Scores Four More Episodes at NBC

“Superstore” fans will be doing a little dance in the aisles.

NBC has ordered four more episodes of the hit comedy, lengthening its fifth season to a full 22 episodes.

NBC must be really desperate if they're actually ordering more episodes of one of their strongest comedies instead of following their usual strategy of making sure every series has a long hiatus to kill any chance of momentum or lineup continuity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2019 at 7:52 PM, wknt3 said:

NBC must be really desperate if they're actually ordering more episodes of one of their strongest comedies instead of following their usual strategy of making sure every series has a long hiatus to kill any chance of momentum or lineup continuity.

How do the writers create cohesive storylines if they have no idea how many eps they can write?

7 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

How do the writers create cohesive storylines if they have no idea how many eps they can write?

They are not encouraged to do that. Networks prefer when sitcoms make one-off self-contained episodes because that way a casual watcher just switching channels can also join in and enjoy the show.

• Love 1
On 12/14/2019 at 5:16 AM, Kiddvideo said:

They figure it out as they go. That's why TV writers get paid the big bucks because they can figure out a way to stretch things out if they get more episodes or wrap everything up if they get cancelled. 🙂 . And most shows don't really have everything planned out episode by episode anways. They have a starting point and an end point for the season and ideally a general idea of where they want to be at midseason and for sweeps. The rest you are making up as you go along and all sorts of unexpected outside factors come into play (ideas don't work out, ideas work out better than anyone could have expected, execs meddle, actors playing recurring characters get hired away, etc.) even under normal circumstances and a big part of the job is figuring out how to make it all more or less fit together. And since they are getting paid by the episode they are usually more than happy to figure it out.

• Love 1

Laura Ash(Dina) was a judge on the "Miss America" pageant last night, she looked so pretty & she asked good questions of the contestants.  NBC must like her a lot to ask her to be on a Prime time show of this durable pageant. 

On 1/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, Kiddvideo said:

America Ferrera is pregnant. No mention of her due date, but she posted a family photo on Instagram and is visibly pregnant.

Maybe this one will be Jonah’s?

I'm happy for America and her family, but I really don't want another pregnancy storyline on this show (or any show, for that matter). There have already been three. Plus, Amy has said she doesn't want any more children. Just once I'd like to see a woman on TV refuse to have (more) children and stick to it. 

• Love 4