Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E13: Live Finale

I'm sure glad they left last week on that totally unpredictable who-will-be-the-third-finalist cliffhanger. This week sure justified the cliffhanger, did it not? 

Damn, Erin, damn, Vicky! Hi fives!  And, damn, Erin sang again. 

Hahaha, Richard revealing that there is no mental health care process on the show yet. Bet the producers weren't fond of that. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 4

Sarah looked great. I couldn't stand her on the show, but she really looks good now. I think Richard went on the show just to get himself kickstarted. 45 lbs is not a lot to have lost since the show began, whether or not he got kicked off early. But he is obviously finding what works for him, and doing it at his own pace, and that is a good thing. I don't think he has much more to lose anyhow. 

I keep muting the TV because listening to Bob's phoniness is too much.

I'm surprised that solved of the totals seem so low. Not that they're not impressive, but I thought most of the folks end up losing 50+ pounds.

Usually the finale is in May so the contestants have an extra two months. They doubled up on most of the episodes, burning them off early.

I did not recognize Sarah at all when she first came out! That was ridiculous!

I can't wait for Richard to start talking about his "life" on ranch.

Oh boy, me too! I'm sure the execs are already sorry they signed him up, lol. I am super-impressed with the people in the audience who lost all that weight.

I really hope there are no twins leaving with prizes tonight.

Luis did lose a crapton of weight, though, he is thinny thin thin. Both Felicia and her BFF look good, although I think her friend looks better. Wow, Jacky!

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 1

I feel kind of bad judging these people. So many of them still look like before pictures as opposed to the after they are.

Same. The only one that's made me gasp was Sarah. All the girls still look like they are in the 160's-170's. Erin's been the only one with decent looking arms so far.

• Love 1

I am super-impressed with the people in the audience who lost all that weight.

The guy in last couple was a cutie, although Jen put her foot in it by asking if they were a real-life couple. No, sweetie, I don't think he plays for that team.

I'm very happy for Hope. But I think a lot of these players ran up against Life when they went home and weren't able to stay on track, or just aren't as money-motivated. 

and LOL @ Bob almost forgetting about Luis, who looked a bit pissed at that. :D

What's the deal between Felicia and Dolvett? Bob's acting like a catty high school cheerleader, Dolvett's sounded like he was about to rip off his mike and start boxing Bob, and Felicia's acting like she got dumped.

• Love 3

The guy in last couple was a cutie, although Jen put her foot in it by asking if they were a real-life couple. No, sweetie, I don't think he plays for that team.

Well, there was a guy on Twitter who suspected that Bob and Jen have a secret love relationship. LOL.

Luis looked like he starved himself so severely that he gave himself brain damage. His animalistic screaming when he realized he won was very strange and, of course, highly annoying.

Edited by gardendiva
  • Love 7

UGHHHHHHHHH. You know, I think what is going to happen to the twins in a year is what happened to the Poueu brothers from a few seasons ago. But good for Jackie, she did very, very well. I hope Stephen takes the big prize.

Luis looked like he starved himself so severely that he gave himself brain damage. His animalistic screaming when he realized he won was very strange and, of course, highly annoying.

And entirely in character for him and his idiot brother.

How the hell Jen could cry at that idiot's ranting on the scale..well, she cries at anything. 

• Love 2

Everyone, including Sarah and Erin, who lost a lot of weight was coherent and looked good. And the twins were super flabby and had that Rachel-esque glassy eyed state. Enjoy having less arm muscles than Hope, Luis. 

• Love 4

Colby would have to be about 170 to hit 50%. He still looks like he's in the 210 range. The biggest problem is that Roberto started heavier then Stephen but looks roughly the same size. I don't think Stephen got down to the 150's, but I do think Roberto got to the 170's.

Ughhh.

Stephen looked a lot better in the suit. I think he might have lost too much.

noooo my stream is screwing up!

Somehow I am not surprised at who took the 50G. I think he knew he wasn't going to win anyway. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 2

I have a feeling twin #2 is going to win. He only has to break 200 (198). There's a layer of fat around the belly still, but I don't think it's enough for Stephen to win. Hopefully Bob's stumbling has eaten up enough time that Roberto doesn't talk.

Well done Stephen! Ughh, not sure if I can handle another ranting scale speech from TweedleDum. Fingers crossed that I won't have to.

At least Castle is also on tonight, so the night in TV  isn't a total bust if I hate the outcome here, lol.

That was quite unsatisfying.

I missed what Richard said about the mental health. Can someone clue me in?

Bob asked Richard if he figured out why he was fat. Richard replied that he got a good start, but that the show doesn't provide mental health counselors so he's still working on it. Basically throwing shade at Bob's, Jen's and Dolvett's "counseling".

• Love 5

When Richard was onstage waiting to be weighed, he said flat out that there isn't a mental health care process in place on the ranch yet. I can't remember exactly what he said but that was the gist, pretty close to what he said.

I  think it wasn't so much aimed at the trainers but more like, "Hey show, why DON'T you have an actual professional on site?"

BC all the trainers really do is dispense some common sense advice, listen and support.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 1

Oh, too bad for Stephen. He looked upset, or maybe he was about to pass out. I think he lost too much weight for his frame -- he looked frail.

The thing that bothers me about these shows is that the contestants lose so much muscle, in addition to fat, so they're all so flabby at the end.

• Love 2

Didn't even know who Sarah was until they showed the flashbacks. Her dye job was phenomenal. Maybe the show should start using her salon instead of Paves for makeovers.

As usual, most of the women had inappropriately fitted dresses. Hope was cute, but she came stomping out in her heels like a Teamster.

I can't help it, I'm happy for the twins. That's what PE/Health teachers should look like.

• Love 3

Luis and 'Berto, as Jen called him, really need to start lifting some weights and get their upper body muscles back.

Colby did the smart thing taking the money.

I hope somebody puts on Wikipedia the contestants' weights when they went home vs what they weighed in tonight. I don't think anyone did that well at home except for Erin, Sarah, and whichever twin that was, and wonder if some gained. But good job, everyone, even the lowest loss was still in the 13 percent range.

Finally, I won't be a bit surprised if this isn't the show's grand finale. Such a meh season, and if I never see Bob Harper and his "prison tats" (yeah, Bob, you are thug personified) on my screen again it will be too soon.

• Love 3

I only caught the last hour. I always thought Sarah would be a beauty but I did NOT expect her to be blonde!

Stephen and At-Home-Winner Twin both looked really drawn. Not enough hydration, too much weight loss.

Colby was smart to take the $50K. I thought it was a fun twist. I hope he continues to lose. Colby was by far my favorite this seaon.

Stephen looked a lot like Peter Coyote to me at the end.

• Love 2