Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E08: Week 8

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I think the comments on this show are such a confirmation of the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" phrase. I rarely think any of the people cast are "ugly" (physically anyway) but I am always surprised by comments about which women are gorgeous and which ones not so much. Like Britt from last year, I truly did not get why almost everyone was so gaga over her looks. This time around I haven't thought Ben kept the prettiest of the women and it has even made me like him more. I don't think any of them are bad looking though. Not even close.

Yes, I always find it fascinating how much people's idea of beauty varies. I actually think Ben has good taste, because I find all the women in his top 6 really pretty. I think Lauren and Caila are the most striking, but I dislike Caila's personality, so Lauren would be my pick if I were a man. JoJo can be a bit homely at times, but she is pretty sexy. Becca has some strange radiance that makes her really pleasant to look at for me. I find Emily really cute as well, her eyes are gorgeous. Amanda is probably the least attractive to me, because her face just looks a bit pinched and I think she might've had a nose job, since there's something strange going on there. And her frozen forehead freaks me out. Jimmy Kimmel did an emoji recap of the last episode and used the mouse emoji for Amanda because of her voice. I thought she actually resembles that mouse. She's still pretty though, obviously. 

• Love 2

Not to me! I'm an aesthetic absolutist and freely judge based on taste. I lost (what was left of) my respect for Ben when he called Amanda "astonishingly beautiful."

I'm scratching my head over that one. IMO, Amanda looks like a Klingon mated with a rodent, maybe a Nutria rat. She's not ugly, but astonishingly beautiful? I sure cant see it.

• Love 1

my take on "astonishingly beautiful" is that he really couldn't think of anything else to say about her but wanted to be nice and/or try to justify why he was keeping her there. I just get the impression she wasn't kept this long because it was what he wanted. I'm sure production were egging him on in the hopes of getting the hometown date with the kiddies, which they got. He just doesn't seem nearly as interested in spending time with her as he does the other three.

With Lauren and JoJo he seems completely at ease and with Caila he seems to really be trying to get to know her but I can barely remember his times with Amanda.

As for beauty. I think Caila, Lace and sometimes Olivia (sometimes she looked like roadkill, but in the beginning she had moments where she was stunning) were the most beautiful. I think Lauren and Leah were cute. I thought the Twins were extremely manufactured. At times JoJo is cute, at times not but she is sexy/hot. And I never understood what so many see in Becca. My BFF thinks she's stunning and I try but I just don't see it. she's so bland to me.

None of them are "Hollywood" beautiful but I'm quite sure they all do quite well picking up guys, which is why I never believed any of them came on here to find a husband. They have a need to be chosen the hottest girl out of a room full of hot girls rather than a room full of "average" girls. They are all just looking for validation.

• Love 4

I think people mistake her vapidity for mysteriousness, which can be seen as sexy.

I've been drinking wine watching the kickass Oscars, but this really cracked me up.  I had too much Botox once and I found that my not being able to smile seemed to make me more attractive to men.  

• Love 3

Lauren's sister was hot!  I was yelling at Ben to "trade on up"!

And I thought she was actually flirtacious with Ben.

I am so glad to see Amanda off that show.  What an idiot.  I don't see beauty in her at all.  Just an annoying voice and very questionable morals being on a show like this with small kids.

Am I the only one who thought Caila's dad dipped a little too much into the world of botox and fillers?  His face looked like silly putty to me.

my take on "astonishingly beautiful" is that he really couldn't think of anything else to say about her but wanted to be nice and/or try to justify why he was keeping her there. I just get the impression she wasn't kept this long because it was what he wanted. I'm sure production were egging him on in the hopes of getting the hometown date with the kiddies, which they got. He just doesn't seem nearly as interested in spending time with her as he does the other three.

With Lauren and JoJo he seems completely at ease and with Caila he seems to really be trying to get to know her but I can barely remember his times with Amanda.

As for beauty. I think Caila, Lace and sometimes Olivia (sometimes she looked like roadkill, but in the beginning she had moments where she was stunning) were the most beautiful. I think Lauren and Leah were cute. I thought the Twins were extremely manufactured. At times JoJo is cute, at times not but she is sexy/hot. And I never understood what so many see in Becca. My BFF thinks she's stunning and I try but I just don't see it. she's so bland to me.

None of them are "Hollywood" beautiful but I'm quite sure they all do quite well picking up guys, which is why I never believed any of them came on here to find a husband. They have a need to be chosen the hottest girl out of a room full of hot girls rather than a room full of "average" girls. They are all just looking for validation.

I've never found most of the contestants to be that attractive, save for a few. It appears Carly, homely to cute at best, is making a living on Instagram hawking fit tea and beds. I'm sure they're there to cash in. I think past contestants may have actually been looking for a mate, with many being sincere. And fame whores of course.

Amanda went through the "Ben" door accidentally when her cattle call card actually said "lieutenant Worf".

Can toddlers really be so emotionally traumatized by playing on the beach for a few hours with mommy, grandma and mommy's new friend?  Even if there are a few camera people around to film it?  Aren't most kids these days surrounded by family members snapping, shooting, filming and posting every second of their children's lives?  Because according to my Facebook feed, there are damn sure a lot of them.  

Ben & Amanda weren't having sex in front of them, it didn't even look as if there was any physical contact while the girls were around.  It was a public beach in the middle of the day.  Playing in the sand, a few snacks, a juice box or two, then back to Grandma & Grandpa's house.  It had to be close to the beach, because it was still daylight when they got there.  The kids were whisked away almost instantly, so I really don't see how they were so damaged by that date. If they even remember it.  Because by now, I'm betting neither one remember anything about that guy.  

How about when they're older and they realized that mom went on a couple of one-on-one dates and then group dates in order to be the last one standing in line for a proposal from a guy she barely knows to be their stepdad?  

And then when they are old enough that their mother left them to participate in such a farce?  

I'm disgusted enough by the famewhores that are willing to degrade themselves by being on this show, but to leave your children to do so?  

• Love 2

Did any of you watch Saturday Night Live last night?  There was a sketch called "Bland Man."  They made fun of Ben, and the girls.   It's on Hulu, but you may need a subscription to watch. 

OMG, this is so hilarious!