Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
MarkHB

Justice League (2017)

17 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Last month. I think it has gone from "just finish what you wanted to release 3 years ago" to  "we're desperate for content so just keep filming, whatever you need!" I won't be a bit surprised if HBO Max spreads it out over 4 months to keep people subscribing.

I’m not sure that I agree. From a business standpoint it’s a poor decision. Seems more like giving Snyder what he wants because it’s already been announced and their stuck. Adding new scenes isn’t really going to increase the audience that is interested in this. Every new announcement narrows the audience. Spreading this out would require really good word-of-mouth to be successful. 

• Like 3

They'd do better to earmark $4 million of their new budget to sweepstakes prizes that would go to four HBO Max subscribers, with one being announced after the airing of each installment.

• Laugh 4

Grace Randolph And Her Hair interview Zack Snyder... for all the fuss the new shooting is getting, apparently it's only going to amount to 4-5 minutes of screentime. I'd really love to know the budgeting breakdown for fixing up this film, between rendering, editing, scoring, cast, crew and COVID prep for the shooting, etc.

• Like 1

Is it wrong reading this news that I hope the 5 minutes ends up being similar to all those cameos in the Arrowverse crossover even Crisis on Infinite Earths. In the end a lot of talk about characters 'returning' etc for such little screen time and general purpose.

• Like 1

Apparently it's 4-5 minutes of new footage but the "new footage" to viewers will be immense because duh, this is now a mini series not a film and they're adding in pretty much everything Snyder ever shot. 

This might end up amazing and a big success for HBO Max but since I didn't like MOS or BvS very much I have a hard time getting excited for it or Synder's vision which has now taken on some mythical proportions to some fans I know. Everything you ever didn't like about Joss, MCU, studio interference, run times, jokes and anything bad anyone ever said about DC will be repudiated in this glorious 4 hours. Which, no to me. 

• Like 5

I think it's safe to say that, whatever else is in there, two things will NOT be: Flash will not fall onto Wonder Woman's boobs (which, apparently, Gal Gadot refused to film... that was her stuntwoman), and Martha Kent will not refer to Lois as "thirsty."

I've said since it came out that I thought that, by itself, Justice League is an entertaining movie.  But, thematically, tonally, stylistically... as the conclusion of the trilogy that started with MoS and BvS, it was wildly off the mark and (if you liked what the first two were doing) disappointing. It is very much a case of "one of these things is not like the others."

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BetterButter said:

I feel like I’m looking at one of those magic eye pictures. All the money to make a bad design blend into the background. 

6 hours ago, starri said:

If you told me this was a parody, I would believe you.

Yep. It’s like a bad fan video. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I think it's interesting that, if you watch the corners of the trailer, you can sometimes see the actual curved corners of the film frame.

As far as the aspect ratio goes, I watched a letterboxed movie last night; I don't think the pillarbox is going to bother me. It is how he originally shot and framed it.

Edited by MarkHB