Type keyword(s) to search

Justice League (2017)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

Sure, everyone suddenly appreciates Superman now that he's dead. Ungrateful turds.

The Wonder Woman stuff was awesome. Also loved the nod to the Nolan movies with the League -- sans Flash -- disappearing when Gordon turns his back.

• Love 6

That trailer was much, much better than the one that ran before Wonder Woman. It does feel like the WB is trying desperately to show their course correction in that trailer though. "Wonder Woman was by far the best-received DCEU movie so far? Here's lots of Wonder Woman! Fans complained that BvS was too humorless and gritty gritty grimdark and dour? Here's lots and lots of humor!" But hey, it kinda works--like I said, that trailer is much better than the previous, and given the generous dose of Diana+the sighting of some Amazons, I find myself suddenly much more interested in going to see it!

• Love 5

The second trailer was definitely better than the first. It had more of what works (Wonder Woman, Alfred), more humor & more heart, plus Amazons.

And helllooo,Aquaman! Forget milk-in your case, it's water that does a body good!

• Love 5

Re: new trailer: Yay! more of the plot is revealed; love that Flash is kind of the 'kid brother'. They've obviously refined the effects for Cyborg by now, but I still hate the look. Audio was muddy is some places; there are a few lines I can't catch.

------

7 hours ago, BetterButter said:

jlp.jpg

Evocative of Alex Ross; I like it! Although, they should also just cough up the cash for him to do an illustration for this too.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Trini said:

Re: new trailer: Yay! more of the plot is revealed; love that Flash is kind of the 'kid brother'. They've obviously refined the effects for Cyborg by now, but I still hate the look. Audio was muddy is some places; there are a few lines I can't catch.

------

Evocative of Alex Ross; I like it! Although, they should also just cough up the cash for him to do an illustration for this too.

They did :) . Per Clay Enos (the set photographer for many of these films), that's his work.

• Love 1

And I ??at the trailer-because Flash comes off more as Peter Parker/Spidey, and that revisionist statement in the voiceover about how much Supes was looked up to. Not what I saw in both movies-he was treated like shit, and with suspicion, fear and skepticism. Now that he's "dead," he's their hero? The one they loved? Yeah, right.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, starri said:

"People loved Wonder Woman.  Let's make sure to show her as much as possible."

I wouldn't be surprised if they went and embiggened  her role during all the reshoots.

A+ for the perfectly cromulent Simpsons reference. :)

And yeah, there is definitely more focused on WW this time around, as opposed to the more Batman/Bruce Wayne featured stuff we've gotten until now(i.e. Bruce recruiting Flash and Aquaman.). I'm fine with that though. I find Batman a bit overrated sometimes(as opposed to seeing him as the most awesomest awesome to ever awesome like many people do) and did not like him in BvsS AT ALL(Trying to murder Superman when he saved the world?  What IS that? Should he have just not fought Zod?). 

• Love 5
(edited)

This certainly looks like an improvement on the DC movies so far(except WW, which was awesome), they've definitely listened to fan and critical complaints (boring angsty characters, constant grim and depressing vibe, no humor) and have tried to course correct, but who knows? Will it be more Wonder Woman, or more Suicide Squad? 

It's weird seeing this Barry Allen, who's clearly got the TV shows personality and backstory, but isn't played by the same actor. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Superman’s Mustache To Be Digitally Erased For JUSTICE LEAGUE Reshoots

“Justice League’s Man of Steel had expected to be able to finish shooting the sixth Mission: Impossible film before needing to don Superman’s spandex again. That has not been the case, however, as the new scenes that are being shot have required him to jump back and forth from each production. Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the Mission: Impossible sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the Mission: Impossible sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place."

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sad how little I care about this movie. Am I jaded?

Nope.  I think they earned it with the first couple of movies.  I want to look forward this one--especially after they finally did so well with Wonder Woman, but I refuse to get excited for it.  I won't run out and see it until I've heard word of mouth reviews over the first week or so. 

• Love 4

I'm mainly interested in seeing more of Wonder Woman, Flash, and Aquaman. Flash especially, because who knows when his solo movie will get out of development hell....

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Nope.  I think they earned it with the first couple of movies.  I want to look forward this one--especially after they finally did so well with Wonder Woman, but I refuse to get excited for it.  I won't run out and see it until I've heard word of mouth reviews over the first week or so. 

Yeah, my willingness to go see this movie will be directly proportional to how much and how well Diana and the Amazons are featured.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to use a fake moustache in MI6? Or am I missing something here? Positive to the news is that it confirms that Superman is obviously in the movie more than just a 'surprise' appearance at the end.

Yes, but Pramount won't let him shave. I think it's petty, but it isn't my decision.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I'm actually excited for it, but I really liked the others and happen to enjoy Zack Snyder's style.

• Love 1

I am not. The trailer made me groan. Aquaman looked like a swaggering jerk, which is probably what they wanted.

The Parademons did nothing for me. I can only imagine how Darkseid will look. All these fussy designs and CGI and ....oy. Not excited.

I think the best this film can do is hope to capture 1/250th of the best the animated series has to offer. I think that's all we'll get. Tired Affleck Who Wants Out doesn't help matters.

I have to see proof that Affleck actually wants out. I know the media seem to think he wants to but he made it clear at Comic Con that he's going to be around for a while. 

I'm not going to pretend the DCEU is perfect but neither can I deny that I'm looking forward to Justice League either.

Are they going to be able to cobble together an entire movie at this point?

Look, I'm hoping the change in leadership means good things, especially since they seem to have figured out that this time people aren't going to be coming for Batman, they're going to be coming for Wonder Woman.  But they don't have an enormous amount of time to finish up, especially given how extensive the reshoots seem to have been.

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 8:58 AM, coppersin said:

There's something about DC's costumes that look "fake" to me compared to Marvel's. I can't decide if it's how they're filmed or the fabric of the costumes, or whatever, but the Justice League look more like they're dressed up like life-size action figures than costumes the characters would purposely choose. They'll probably look better on film than in pics, it's just distracting me more than I would expect.

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 11:17 AM, kdm07 said:

Sigh...this poster and the trailer are not giving me anything to feel excited about with this movie.

I hate Afleck's fake muscles molded into that suit.  It almost looks like a gorilla costume.  I also do not need to see his fake bat "bulge".

• Love 2
On 9/24/2017 at 7:20 PM, Lantern7 said:

I got two blind box vinyl figures from Funko. Wound up with Cyborg (1 in 24) and Wonder Woman (1/12). Here are the characters from the official website. I haven't been following the movie closely, but I think I know who's the guy holding the staff.

I'll see this movie, but I not anticipating the DCEU going upward after Wonder Woman.

DSC02689.thumb.JPG.a20143453723ad7eb931e781262aed26.JPG

It's already out there that the guy with the staff is Vulko. :)

On 7/22/2017 at 7:18 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Sure, everyone suddenly appreciates Superman now that he's dead. Ungrateful turds.

I never get sick of seeing this at the top of the page and laughing and fist pumping in agreement. Hee.

Character posters!

They skipped the Superman symbol so obviously his will be revealed later. I want two versions -one with and without the Superstache :)

It is kind of funny but also smart how WB is holding back on pretty much all the merchandise that includes Superman. Get everyone pumped up with the First Five and then a second wave of publicity (and money grab) with Superman and the Full Justice League.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 3
On 7/22/2017 at 10:31 PM, MadyGirl1987 said:

And yeah, there is definitely more focused on WW this time around, as opposed to the more Batman/Bruce Wayne featured stuff we've gotten until now(i.e. Bruce recruiting Flash and Aquaman.). I'm fine with that though. I find Batman a bit overrated sometimes(as opposed to seeing him as the most awesomest awesome to ever awesome like many people do) and did not like him in BvsS AT ALL(Trying to murder Superman when he saved the world? What IS that? Should he have just not fought Zod?). 

BvS is such a mess that it even ruins this trailer. "Superman was a beacon of hope to everyone." When? When was he a beacon of hope to everyone? He barely got to save anyone for the first half of Man of Steel. He was really only Superman as he and Zod battle it out killing millions. BvS makes a huge point that we hate Superman because of those millions of deaths. We also hate him because he didn't save Congress enough or should have or whatever. All of this belove fest must have been posthumous because everyone seemed to be pretty ungrateful while the man was alive. After Superman died, much like Batman, the rest of the planet seems to have remembered that Zod was planning on terraforming Earth and killing 7 billion people. Yeah in hindsight, that Superman guy wasn't so bad.

The strangest part of Snyder's universe is that it's made Batman the most important person in the Justice League. He's the one who brought them together. They purposely made Bruce older in the DCEU. Will the team continue to stay together if Batman can't hero anymore as he ages?

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5

This particular video was produced by Benz, trumpeting their contribution to the movie (and considering they built a one-off concept car for Bruce Wayne, I don't blame them). I don't think this will be a MB commercial any more than BvS or SS were Dodge/ Jeep commercials. I will admit that the video is more fun if you're a car lover :) .

I'm just thinking, a shiny car isn't going to make a good movie. So, even if I were a car lover, that wouldn't get me to buy a ticket. I think what I'm trying to say is: I wonder why this particular car commercial is supposed to get people to forget abut the abysmal track record of the DC movies. I guess I just don't get this kind of in-your-face product placement.

17 hours ago, supposebly said:

I watched this without sound, it makes it seem like the movie is going to be a long Mercedes Benz commercial. This is not helping in getting me into the movie theater.

This video and the cars are designed to do the only thing Mercedes-Benz cares about, which is is sell cars. If putting their cars in this movie helps them sell cars, they'll put them in Justice League. If Mercedes-Benz cars helps with the production design, scene setting, and world building of Justice League, then Snyder, Warner Brothers, and DC will happily accept some Mercedes-Benz cars. The movie needs to have the characters drive and needs background cars. Maybe knowledge that there is a cool concept car in the film might tip a person who is right on the edge of seeing the film to see the film, but I don't think either party cares about the other's goals or bottom line.

23 hours ago, supposebly said:

I watched this without sound, it makes it seem like the movie is going to be a long Mercedes Benz commercial. This is not helping in getting me into the movie theater.

Watching with the sound on wouldn't have changed your impression. I hope they got it out of their system with this trailer, I don't need to hear Diana waxing rhapsodic about her car in the actual movie.

5 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I loved the last bit with Barry excited to see the Batsignal. It might be to early to say but I'm guessing that's one of the Joss Whedon directed scenes.

That's a sucker bet.  There's no way something with that kind of light tone came from Snyder.

I'm still pretty meh, although I like that we saw Barry, Arthur, and Diana in full daylight for a change.

• Love 1

That new trailer's opening on Lois and field of dreams Clark (taking after his dad Kevin Costner, obviously), had my heart.  I'm probably the only person who watches the films in this series solely for Lois Lane/ Clark Kent love story (which is about the only thing that has worked for me in these films).

Otherwise, I actually thought that the new trailer was solid, but it still looks like the film as a whole could go either way: a fun team adventure to get back Superman or a loud, explosion-laden mess that crams too much nonsensical plot into too little movie like every other DCU movie has done so far (save Wonder Woman). 

• Love 2

Not really "feeling" Aquaman as a water-breathing biker dude. I mean, I get how the "normal" version might not resonate, but it feels like too much effort is being expended. Also, I feel bad that Ezra Miller might not get love because Grant Gustin has done "Barry Allen: Putz/Hero" so well.

• Love 1