Type keyword(s) to search

Justice League (2017)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Yeah, it makes me wonder why they just didn't go with Wally West.  The little I've seen of Barry Allen in the animated films indicate that he's an adult, definitely a contemporary, and married to boot.  

So they could add in Wally and Bart in later movies, like a Teen Titans movie.

The promo worked for me. Batman recruiting both Aquaman and the Flash in two very contrasting scenes but equally as good as each other though.

We could've had more Wonder Woman and Cyborg and I hope they don't leave it til the last minute for Superman to re enter the fray but overall, I'm excited though.

A few things that came from Zack Snyder's Twitter over the last month or so.  Easter eggs for those who care to look for them...

These next two came on Batman Day (Sept. 17):

Yet another beautiful shot by Clay Enos (and our first look at J.K Simmons)

Finally this bit of fun...

Regarding that last one, if you look closely

Spoiler

it looks like he's got Deathstroke in that storyboard

Finally, Jason Momoa Tweeted about the wrap party for London production; now they're off to Iceland.

• Love 1

A little more... this page has a few pics of the Icelandic village where they're filming, and of their trailers; it also has a bunch of Icelandic text if that helps you any.  But they also embedded this Instagram:

I'm sorry, but here we're seeing the release of "Return of the Caped Crusaders", and Zack Snyder is literally shooting in an abandoned herring factory?  Is Burgess Meredith in the movie?????  :D

Seeing Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Flash together is getting my fanboy side excited.

I've always thought Zach Snyder's visual style was farbetter than the Marvel movies we've seen so far, even though I found the latter more entertaining. If they can finally combine Snyder's cinematic scope with engagiing characters and a story that actually works, Justice League will be incredible.

Edited by VCRTracking
On 10/6/2016 at 6:55 AM, MarkHB said:

A few things that came from Zack Snyder's Twitter over the last month or so.  Easter eggs for those who care to look for them...

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that a supposedly "reformed" Snyder is still making a version of Batman who requires a "Tactical Batsuit"?

Kind of misses the point about what people were really asking for. Not that people want a fat gut stuffed into gray, yellow and blue fabrics anymore either, but all that thing needs is Batnipples pasted on and it's back to another mode of Bat people are finished with. I mean good lord. The moment a costume designer makes an outfit with armor with a fake six-pack of abs? They should be fired. 

It's fantasy. It might not be totally realistic to have LESS armor either (because the bad guys are going to have lots of guns, I'm sure), but if you can have the non-powered Green Arrow on TV not wearing Armor with fake abs, then you can have a Batman doing it. 

He's giving a present on the anniversary of the BvS release as well: the first regular trailer for JL.

Tease from this morning's Today show; rumor has it there will be five of these, one for each of the 5 heroes who aren't currently dead, between now and Saturday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eJ7NGllyw0

There's also a new site, https://www.unitetheleague.com/ , where you will be able to make hero-themed avatars of yourself, etc.

• Love 2

I think that shot of the Amazons may be something Chris Terrio mentioned:

Spoiler

The (from actual mythology) war between the Amazons and Atlanteans.

Aside: does anyone else wonder if Chris Terrio is related to Denny Terrio?

The Flash could look better, but Cyborg looks terrrrible. Especially compared to other CG robot/cyborg characters that have appeared in films in the last 20 years. Aquaman is amazing and can take me to Atlantis any day. ;)

• Love 6

My feeling is that with that trailer, we just saw about 80% of what's actually good in that film.

I did like that Aquaman was a wise-ass... that said that's not very true to the character. He's either very silly, or in his later reboots, Grim N' Gritty. Of course Grim N' Gritty is what we all hate about the DC Movies of the past 15 years... so of course they couldn't go that way.

It would be impossible to do in a real film, but the Aquaman I've loved most outside of the pages of a comic book?  This guy:

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I did like that Aquaman was a wise-ass... that said that's not very true to the character. He's either very silly, or in his later reboots, Grim N' Gritty. Of course Grim N' Gritty is what we all hate about the DC Movies of the past 15 years... so of course they couldn't go that way.

If they were going to make him so EXTREME, they should have just gone full 90s and given him the hook.

Trailer looked good.

I think Aquaman is going to be the breakout character from this movie but it's encouraging that Cyborg will have a substantial role as there's been so little buzz surrounding the character and I don't see him getting his own solo movie to be honest.

Good stuff with Batman, Flash and Wonder Woman in the trailer too.

• Love 2
On 3/26/2017 at 1:01 AM, Trini said:

The Flash could look better, but Cyborg looks terrrrible. Especially compared to other CG robot/cyborg characters that have appeared in films in the last 20 years. 

I'm reminded of Peter Weller's version of Robocop, which was 30 freaking years ago, and how that character managed to look less awkward than this version of Cyborg. Probably would have been better off with John Stewart to keep their diversity quota.  Maybe comic writers really care about the character, but DC/WB can't seem to find a fuck to give about this live action version. 

Random side note: Joe Morton! Didn't know he would be playing Cyborg's dad. He always classes up a joint, although the trailer gives the impression he'll be quickly dispatched. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 1

So I got around to watching the trailer for Guardians of the Suicide League and what I got out of it was that those were probably all the shots where the post work was complete. And even then, maybe the Cyborg stuff will get another pass before the film is released. It's better than I expected but that was true for every one of the DC comic movies so far so who knows what that will mean. At some point I would just like some proof that the sun can shine in DC land. Forks, Washington isn't quite so dreary.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, vibeology said:

So I got around to watching the trailer for Guardians of the Suicide League and what I got out of it was that those were probably all the shots where the post work was complete. And even then, maybe the Cyborg stuff will get another pass before the film is released. ...

Sure, probably; but it's not just lighting/textures, it's the design. He looks like a Terminator skeleton with a human head attached, mixed with Iron Man. I think something more streamlined might have worked better.

In contrast, the wealth of detail on Aquaman's costume is really working for me. Flash's look should be the simplest.

• Love 1

I don't know, not feeling it. There's nothing I disliked in the trailer but its just a "meh." The Wonder Woman trailers look so epic to me and this was just there. Hopefully the next trailers will be better. 

• Love 4

I thought the character interaction looked fun but the movie looks CGI'd as hell.  I have no confidence in DC/Warner Brothers to pull this off.

Agreed that Cyborg looks terrible.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald of The Ringer panned the trailer.

They think it doesn't bode well for the movie.

Hard to get a gauge of how popular the Zack Snyder movies are.  Batman vs. Robin didn't get good reviews but I just happened to see the first hour of it on a flight and it was okay enough that I saw it again from HBO.

Not a big comic book fan, though I did buy some comics and did watch the JL cartoons back in the day.

Budget for these things are crazy.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, scrb said:

Hard to get a gauge of how popular the Zack Snyder movies are.  Batman vs. Robin didn't get good reviews but I just happened to see the first hour of it on a flight and it was okay enough that I saw it again from HBO.

For a minute I thought you had mentioned Batman AND Robin (the one with George Clooney as Batman)... glad I reread that!  :)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do you know who the villain for the film is? I'm guessing it's probably a build up to a Darkseid reveal but I'm not sure if there's been anything officially stated yet...

Nothing has been officially stated, but

Spoiler

a Deleted Scene from Batman v Superman, which was included in the Ultimate Cut, showed someone widely believed to be Steppenwolf,

and there is widespread speculation that Darkseid himself will appear.

(edited)

There's something about DC's costumes that look "fake" to me compared to Marvel's. I can't decide if it's how they're filmed or the fabric of the costumes, or whatever, but the Justice League look more like they're dressed up like life-size action figures than costumes the characters would purposely choose. They'll probably look better on film than in pics, it's just distracting me more than I would expect.

Edited by coppersin
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Trini said:

New photo:

000259233hr.jpg

I like the shape of Flash's cowl at this angle; but I'm still 'eehhhhhhh' on the suit overall.

Sigh...this poster and the trailer are not giving me anything to feel excited about with this movie.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, coppersin said:

There's something about DC's costumes that look "fake" to me compared to Marvel's. I can't decide if it's how they're filmed or the fabric of the costumes, or whatever, but the Justice League look more like they're dressed up like life-size action figures than costumes the characters would purposely choose. They'll probably look better on film than in pics, it's just distracting me more than I would expect.

It's funny I was just talking about how for some reason this photo looks so bad compared to the Black Panther ones and I think you hit the nail on the head.  No idea why these look so bad but they do not photograph well.

• Love 1
(edited)

"People loved Wonder Woman.  Let's make sure to show her as much as possible."

I wouldn't be surprised if they went and embiggened  her role during all the reshoots.

ETA:  Steppenwolf looks pretty much exactly like Ares, right?  I'm not crazy?

Edited by starri
  • Love 6