Type keyword(s) to search

Meisner: Some Things Are Best Left Shirtless

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Bazward said:

Any idea why he lost his German accent in the El Cuegle episode?

I think he's trying new things in his Afterlife: being snarky, suits, different accents, what have you. Don't neglect your shirtlessness.

I like the theory that Meisner is the Grimm version of a the hearing child of deaf parents or that he's the product of a mixed wesen human marriage in a highly wesen community. He's not uncomfortable around wesen and what we think is him seeing a woge is actually him reading the microexpressions that indicate a woge.

• Love 1

All of these theories are possible, but there is one other piece of information we have about him: back in season 3 he mentioned to Renard that his father was killed by the Royals. That suggests that his father might have been Resistance, which would explain why Meisner knows so much about the wesen world. I bet Resistance parents make sure that their kids see wesen woge while they are young enough that it is not psychologically damaging, thereby inoculating them against this risk as adults. So Meisner has seen "showing the world" type woges, and has been around wesen woging less visibly for decades; yeah, I bet he can read the body language signs enough to know that a woge is taking place.

• Love 1