Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: The Next World

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I could have sworn I heard Rick say that he tied Jesus loosely enough that he could free himself without too much trouble but still give them time enough to leave him in the dust. Little did he know about Jesus's ninja skills, eh.

As it happens, I transcribed the dialogue (which is perfectly rational and not at all obsessive):

Rick: Eh, the knots aren’t that tight. You should be able to get free...after we’re long gone.

Never thought about it, but now that I do, Rick doesn't look overly goofy running

I've often thought about it, and I agree.

The Cable Live +3 Ratings are in for "The Next World":

“The Walking Dead” was once again the week’s biggest gainer, growing by 2.6 points in adults 18-49 (6.6 to 9.2) and 4.94 million viewers (13.48 million to 18.42 million).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/02/28/cable-live-3-ratings-feb-15-21-2016/

• Love 1

That doesn't have the same negative connotation as does "slut" or "whore," IMO.

Personally, I consider both "slut" and "whore" to be pretty gender-neutral in this day and age - but hey, maybe that's just me.

How about:

• Dirty old man?
  • Fuckmonkey?
  • Perv/pervert?
  • Uncle Rico?
Once you get rolling, the possibilities are endless....
  • Love 1

Personally, I consider both "slut" and "whore" to be pretty gender-neutral in this day and age - but hey, maybe that's just me.

Not just you. I call men sluts and whores all of the time, too. None of this "man whore" stuff, either. No need to qualify it.

• Love 2

Observation: Shane was the one who tried to force himself on Lori. I would think that 'would-be rapist' would have the most negative of all connotations.

Sad thing is I think Lori got the most blame for Shane's action because according to some she was leading him on.

I never liked Lori and was happy when she was killed off but the way the fandom reacted towards her compare to Shane was interesting and sad to watch.

• Love 4

I do too, and I usually don't use them because I don't like shaming anyone for they chose to handle their sexually life. But I would use these terms for both genders even though I think most people use these terms in reference to women.

• Love 2

I'm always surprised to not see a cloud of dirt around him wherever he goes.

Oh god, I almost wet myself reading that line. Thank you!

Re: Rick's belt

I rewatched and Rick was creating a new hole more interior to the belt than previous holes (any existing holes must have been obscured by his hand with the knife because none can be seen the other direction for a few inches at least).

So evidence for the belt-tightening theory.

So silly how a little thing stays with me but tonight

when they said that they are having food shortage issues

I thought, 'so that's why he added the hole to the belt!"

• Love 2

Is Jesus supposed to be a good guy? To me he looks too much like the wolf that Morgan saved so I wanted Daryl and Rick to kill him. I don't see anything remotely likeable about the character so I am surprised they even let him live and brought him back to Alexandria. I would've left him to be eaten by walkers.

• Love 1

I would have shot him the moment the truck hit the water. I would not have taken that well at all. I'm in the undecided camp right now but he has a long way to go before I see him as anything other than the guy who cost Alexandria a truck full of goodies.

• Love 1

A little late to the party, but... nope, I don't see Michonne and Rick together at all.  No chemistry whatsoever.  I think it must be Rick, because there's no chemistry with Michonne, there wasn't any with Jessie, and I don't recall him having any with Lori either (but then again, who would??)  I hope this ends quickly.

Loved this episode, but I sure hope they find a way to get that truck out of the water or at least find some scuba gear to go and get Michonne's toothpaste :)

I loved the beginning with Judith playing with the cup and her binky, she is just so adorable!!!  Michonne looked so pretty in that slinky robe, but, but...

Rick and Daryl, those goofy guys!!!  Well hello there Jesus!!

Then the end of the episode with STUFF & THANGS but dang does Jesus have bad timing, LOL!!!

• Love 2

Not a bad episode overall. Michonne figured out what she wanted in life way back in S4 when she followed the human footprints not knowing who they belonged to. She wanted to be amongst people again, and having that support system.

The set up of their love making could've been a little better - but, it the end the relationship will work. They are both strong individuals and hopefully the writers won't have the relationship punk them out. People should've known Richonne was coming when the writers didn't have her sleep her way through all the black men on the show like the comics.

The family set up was evident in Clear - which Gimple wrote.

I also liked her scenes with Carl and Spencer.

(edited)

Late to this forum (binge watching on Amazon). Just have to say - Hell yeah! That's how you do it. The Walking Dead has the balls to go where scared (racist) Sleepy Hollow writers were afraid to go. I LOVE Walking Dead and Richonne!!

Edited by mndpacer04
  • Love 3
On February 22, 2016 at 10:12 AM, RustbeltWriter said:

•     Michonne is... using Rick's toothpaste...

Was just reading back through the thread and noticed this comment. I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as well. Was Michonne the one that had been borrowing Rick's toothpaste for the past couple of weeks? I was under the impression it was Carl that had been borrowing it to the point that what was left resided with him. Hence Michonne calling for him, then asking about toothpaste after instructing him to change his bandage. But I could've read that scene completely wrong. 

Regarding the questions about who is residing with whom, I think Darryl was still living with Rick, Michonne and the kids, which is why Michonne asked Rick where Darryl was when he got home. I think the rest of CDB moved out and are living in the houses that were once occupied by the Alexandrians who've died. 

On 5/31/2016 at 8:52 PM, Enero said:

Was just reading back through the thread and noticed this comment. I've seen this mentioned elsewhere as well. Was Michonne the one that had been borrowing Rick's toothpaste for the past couple of weeks? I was under the impression it was Carl that had been borrowing it to the point that what was left resided with him. Hence Michonne calling for him, then asking about toothpaste after instructing him to change his bandage. But I could've read that scene completely wrong. 

Regarding the questions about who is residing with whom, I think Darryl was still living with Rick, Michonne and the kids, which is why Michonne asked Rick where Darryl was when he got home. I think the rest of CDB moved out and are living in the houses that were once occupied by the Alexandrians who've died. 

I was pretty sure that Rick was indicating that Michonne was the one who was borrowing his toothpaste. She is the one with the dental hygiene obsession. She couldn't stop brushing when they first arrived at Alexandria and she discovered there was water, toothpaste, and toothbrushes.

I think that Rick, Carl, Judith, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, and Morgan were all living that house. Rick talked about making room when he said that Morgan could stay with them.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I was pretty sure that Rick was indicating that Michonne was the one who was borrowing his toothpaste. She is the one with the dental hygiene obsession. She couldn't stop brushing when they first arrived at Alexandria and she discovered there was water, toothpaste, and toothbrushes.

Ok. This makes sense. Thank you! :) 

I think that Rick, Carl, Judith, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, and Morgan were all living that house. Rick talked about making room when he said that Morgan could stay with them.

True. I think at the beginning of the season everyone i.e. Michonne, Rick, Carl, Judith, Carol and Darryl were staying in the same house, but by mid-season things had changed. 

We never saw Morgan accept Rick's invitation and even if he did accept, did he even get a chance to get his stuff and move in? How soon after this discussion were they forced to deal with the quarry situation? Then the Wolves? Then AZ being overrun/His fight with Carol? I kind of get the impression that he chose to stay in the house where he was staying or he never got an opportunity to move in due to all that was going on. Carol, I think, was staying with Tobin by this point, due to the fact that in East he knew she was gone not only because of her note, but because of the things she took. Also in Knots Untie, she and Morgan weren't apart of the group that discovered Jesus in Rick's house or when the discussion about Hilltop happened. It was before dawn when Jesus was discovered. I'd think both Carol and Morgan would've been home when this happened, unless both were doing predawn lookout duties. Though both are capable, I don't get the impression that either would be working the wall or doing perimeter checks before sunrise. I think by that point neither were living with Rick. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Enero said:

We never saw Morgan accept Rick's invitation and even if he did accept, did he even get a chance to get his stuff and move in? 

Well... IIRC Morgan arrived at the ASZ about a week and a half after CDB, during which time four ASZ inhabitants died (Aiden, Noah, Reg, and Pete).  So its not like  they were strapped for available housing.  ;)

• Love 1
On 2/21/2016 at 11:29 PM, AndySmith said:

Ugh. Michonne. You can do much, much better. And deserve much, much better.

Exactly.  Sorry, I need brain bleach.  Just let disgusting Rick bang disgusting Carol & then they can go away and be disgusting together.

Edited by ByTor