Type keyword(s) to search

Viceland: Does Vice have enough content for a network?

• Start Topic

On 3/30/2017 at 10:32 PM, biakbiak said:

Did anyone watch Jungletown? I find nearly all of these people annoying but I find it oddly compelling.

I watched it.  I was trying to be positive but it didn't seem ecologically friendly to divert water and make this camp or whatever in the middle of Panama.  All of the interns blended together except for the one who proudly announced she was a narcissist.  Ugh, get off my lawn!!! 

I read that the guy who owns the land (who came off vaguely creepy) bought the land to sell but the market there dropped so he's doing this instead. 

I'll still watch.  I hope we get locals snarking on the group, LOL.

• Love 3

I wonder how Jimmy felt about the edit of him buying processed food and wine while the I terns were questioning the food supply and where their money was going.

I love that a handwashing station seemed to be lower on the list of priorities than a working still.

• Love 2

No kidding, even I could have edited that.  Here's Jimmy needing to rush out before the rain comes, stopping for coffee, buying chips and wine and talking about how he spends the money.  Here are the interns talking about needing protein, one of the supervisors or whatever saying they get 3 meals but no snacks, interns talking about bones showing.  It's not like these people look like they're used to eating 3,000 cals or whatever a day anyway; they're almost all variations of thin/in shape and they're doing physical work.

That one guy who's dedicated to farming; how much of a difference is he making?  I don't think that's what he really wants to make a difference, not that there's anything wrong with it.  I hope he doesn't mind that Jimmy is flying places and buying hundred dollar bottles of wine on his hard work.

• Love 2

Aheads up to anyone who doesn't get Viceland, probably fairly unlikely to anyone reading this thread, in some markets  Jungletown and a few other shows are On Demand under Lifetime.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2017 at 7:32 PM, biakbiak said:

Did anyone watch Jungletown? I find nearly all of these people annoying but I find it oddly compelling.

On 4/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, walnutqueen said:

Yes - and I'm eager to see more.  I'm wondering if it will be a situation where all the (paying) interns turn on the people running the facility.  Looks like things could go awry rather quickly with this bunch.  ;-)

On 4/2/2017 at 4:28 PM, raven said:

I watched it.  I was trying to be positive but it didn't seem ecologically friendly to divert water and make this camp or whatever in the middle of Panama.  All of the interns blended together except for the one who proudly announced she was a narcissist.  Ugh, get off my lawn!!! 

I read that the guy who owns the land (who came off vaguely creepy) bought the land to sell but the market there dropped so he's doing this instead. 

I'll still watch.  I hope we get locals snarking on the group, LOL.

I'm so ready to hate-watch this show. I hope it gets its own topic. I'm on episode one via the recommendation of Mt. Guilfoyle.

• Love 2

Viceland has become one of my to-go cable channels.  Special shout-out to the hilarious Nirvanna the Band the Show, which makes me laugh like no show has done in a long, long time.  From the TV Guide description: "Two guys go to great lengths to get their band a gig at a small Toronto music venue in this comedy."  (That "small Toronto music venue" is the Rivoli on Queen St. in Toronto. ) 

The "band" has nothing to do with Kurt Cobain or anything grunge-related.  I've found that detail confuses some folks when I try to describe the show.  

One of the creators described the show as Ali G meets Flight of the Conchords.  Others have brought up Jackass as a point of reference. 

• Love 2

I wonder how much longer this network will be around? It seemed like it started off strong. Now they seem to be airing blocks of their shows that aired in 16'/17', importing stuff from sister networks and etc... I know Vice as a whole has been having issues internally which is probably affecting things too. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

Yes, sadly, most of my favorite shows were a flash in the pan, and are now on endless rerun rotation.  I'm glad Hate Thy Neighbor has returned, but want to see more new episodes of shows like Vice Essentials, Balls Deep, Woman, Abandoned, and even Fuck That's Delicious or Huang's World.

• Love 1
On 3/25/2018 at 11:30 AM, walnutqueen said:

Yes, sadly, most of my favorite shows were a flash in the pan, and are now on endless rerun rotation.  I'm glad Hate Thy Neighbor has returned, but want to see more new episodes of shows like Vice Essentials, Balls Deep, Woman, Abandoned, and even Fuck That's Delicious or Huang's World.

FTD May come back since it seems his late night show didn’t take off like D&M. To be honest it was another mess so I’m not surprised.

• Love 1

This seems like they don't have any other ideas so they decided to try Vice Live which will probably end up being a hot mess.  The article says there are 11 new series set to launch this year and two are named but with no descriptions. They let the network languish for most of 2018 so it will be interesting to see how many viewers they can lure back. with Vice Live' and whatever else they have coming up. Vice Live also won't include content from Vice News since that is "handled by a different is handled by a different division inside the company" aka it's on HBO.  

Viceland Will Relaunch Primetime With Nightly Live Two-Hour Variety Show

• Love 1

Whenever I turn over to Viceland (or is it just Vice now?) reruns of Intervention and It's Always Sunny are on.  I saw they have news content now when I was watching Intervention last night, probably because HBO cancelled Vice News.

Yep, I just checked, their news show is called Vice News Reports.  News, current issues and political coverage seems to be the only original content they produce now.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Whenever I turn over to Viceland (or is it just Vice now?) reruns of Intervention and It's Always Sunny are on.  I saw they have news content now when I was watching Intervention last night, probably because HBO cancelled Vice News.

Yep, I just checked, their news show is called Vice News Reports.  News, current issues and political coverage seems to be the only original content they produce now.

All the behind the scenes stuff with Vice in general really took it's toll on some of their divisions. I'm surprised there hasn't been any news of what might become of this channel or some attempt to maybe revive it.

• Love 3