Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Wedding Day

Tara Ariano

I loved Marnie's line about her heritage.  I think she realizes she's making a mistake with Desi, but it's at the point where she doesn't want to back out, so she's just committing to it, regardless of what happens. 

This sounds way too close to home with my best friend's first wedding. The night before the wedding, her and her fiance were fighting really bad. She was crying in her basement while her fiance left the house. They pulled it together to get married. She knew it was a huge mistake then. Like Hannah, I supported her through her epic mistake. She felt that she couldn't back out of the wedding because of the money spent. It was a rocky marriage that ended with his repeated cheating and verbal abuse. She's getting remarried soon to someone we really like. I can totally see Girls going this way with Marnie's marriage to Desi.

• Love 6

Yes. I thnk Marnie wanted the whole eternity perfume commercial. And the image of herself as a young bride. It doesn't look like its a huge wedding so it has to be that more than the hassle.

In fairness I can understand going through with something and annulling it ASAP... I still haven't forgive Strallen for leaving edith at the altar. He should have married her and let her down after, and give n her a chance to save face.

This marriage will not last even as long as jessa's did.

• Love 4

Oh I think Marnie totally knows this is a mistake. She asked Hannah if it was one, whch I think speaks volumes. But yeah shs at the wedding and I also think Marnie has always been the girl with the plans. Granted she's had to rearrange her plans to where she is in life, but.. This is a part of a plan and I think she enjoys the idea of being the first of the girls married and I know jessa was briefly but I don't think any o the girls consider that real because it was such Jessa thing to do. But I think Marnie thinks this is part of a plan and it's the right thing to do even though she is well aware it's a mistake.

• Love 3

They always have good ending songs on this show. I'll miss that when it's gone.

Adam Driver was hotter than usual. I can't put my finger on it, he hit some magical age? The confidence associated with being Kylo Ren? I'm not sure.

Whoever said it up there,I think they are right-- the longer hair really suits his face.

I also suspect he's had a short trip to a tanning bed.

Edited by bunnywithanaxe
  • Love 3

I loved the ending song as well. I shàzamed it and downloaded it. The music is always on point with this show, I agree. Also I've watched this episode like a 100 times since last Sunday and I still found it amazing.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

I loved the ending song as well. I shàzamed it and downloaded it. The music is always on point with this show, I agree. Also I've watched this episode like a 100 times since last Sunday and I still found it amazing.

I also love the music within the episode, composed by Michael Penn. He does an excellent job on every episode. If you get a chance,  listen to his album March. It's very early 90's folky-rocky, but it still holds up.

Lena manages, obviously being an average girl herself, to create a series consisting of average people. It is so refreshing to watch an american series featuring people you can relate with. I love to hate all people in the show but I admire Lena for her courage.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really loved Fran and Adam's nonversation.

I had to replay that three times in a row, it was that hilarious!

Adam Driver was insanely hot this episode...maybe, it was the suit?  Perhaps, because it seems like he is really matured beyond the reclusive weirdo we met in the first season?

I've always found him very attractive, in an unconventionally leonine way, but he looked extra good this episode.  I love the longer hair on him.

Edited by Kat From Jersey
  • Love 4

I love that scene with Hanna having sex in the car.  It's a great example of how Hanna has lots of sex, but never really seems to enjoy it in an orgasmic sexual way.  Which I suspect is the case for more women out there than want to admit. 

• Love 5

Lena manages, obviously being an average girl herself, to create a series consisting of average people. It is so refreshing to watch an american series featuring people you can relate with. I love to hate all people in the show but I admire Lena for her courage.

That is the advantage of HBO. Julia Louis Dreyfuss plays a nightmare on Veep. The guys on Silicon Valley are idiots too. Some are asses. I wouldn't call her courageous. She writes a show about modern New Yorkers in an environment removed from financial concerns and has some protection from Judd Aptow. It is work of course.

Edited by jeansheridan
  • Love 1

God! That makeup "artist" was such a bitch! There's nothing worse than people who do hair and makeup but fail to listen to what the client wants and they just go ahead and create their own monstrosities, not giving a shit what it looks like or how badly it upsets people. You're better off doing your own, people!

• Love 1