Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Key Move

Whatever chemistry there was with Nick-Adalind, which I never really experienced anyway, sure isn't there now.  Like not even a spark.  That was one boring sexcapade.   And then to have him be remembering the bad old days, and be all like, water under the bridge.  I kind of could not believe what I was watching.  Nick now seems almost as wooden as Juliette. 

Speaking of someone else who is thinking with his little brain, why the hell is Renard acting like a fool over this mayoral campaign?  Leaking the dirt on the opposition, not a worry in the world about it being traceable to him. 

• Love 6

Nick is acting like an idiot.  Y'know what?  Maybe he IS an idiot.  Nobody ever said Grimms were particularly smart.  Idiots have to have jobs, too...his is being a cop. And idiots seem to be in style now, given our current political situation.  (And that's all I'm saying about that.)  I just wish Adalind were back to her nasty self.  She's way more fun that way.

• Love 6

Whatever chemistry there was with Nick-Adalind, which I never really experienced anyway, sure isn't there now.  Like not even a spark.  That was one boring sexcapade.   And then to have him be remembering the bad old days, and be all like, water under the bridge.  I kind of could not believe what I was watching.  Nick now seems almost as wooden as Juliette. 

Speaking of someone else who is thinking with his little brain, why the hell is Renard acting like a fool over this mayoral campaign?  Leaking the dirt on the opposition, not a worry in the world about it being traceable to him. 

Renard was only helping out a friend which was nice to see, but now things have turned ugly because of the political nonsense and he's thinking with his shorts.  However, I liked when Renard realized that Hank and Wu being at the park meant there was an undercurrent of crime about to take place and he switched over to cop mode.  Dixon being shot will more than likely be the catalyst that the PR woman who ordered the hit (IMO) will use to get Renard to run for Mayor.  Renard has horrible taste in women!

• Love 2

Nick looked like he had buyers remorse after a night with Adalind.

Please please please don't get pregnant again.

What were those German wesen henchmen doing? Just driving around and hoping they would stumble across Nick and Monroe. Oh. Here they are. Wasn't that lucky we found them. 

(edited)

Yep, Germans drive on the left.

No, Germans have the steering wheel on the left and drive on the right side of the road. That's how it is in pretty much all the world except in Britain and her former colonies.

I had to roll my eyes at Monroe using his recently-deceased, and targetted-by-Black-Claw uncle's name on his passport. NOT SMART. And how convenient that the Mouse Wesen could hear after all, and Nick & Monroe thought nothing of Nick being tagged as a Grimm, and the priest & cronies immediately found the rental car. But I don't care - they're going to attract attention anyway before getting anything done, because, can't have the plot advance without some sort of threat. So, fine. Things are moving along, and I'm a happy Grimmster.

Edited by fallaway
  • Love 1

Earlier, the PR lady said Renard should be running for office. (Red light.) Then she asked Renard to stay up on the stage after his intro. (FLASHING RED LIGHT.) Third, she stepped off stage to "take a call". (OH SHIT.)

Clearly the sniper was waiting until Renard finished speaking to take the shot. He was still loading and such while Renard talked and wasn't in any hurry. Since Renard was in the photo shown to the sniper earlier, I assumed -- we were meant to assume -- Renard was the target. When the sniper took his time, my guess was he'd hit Renard in a shot "meant for" the candidate. Guess I was wrong on that? Clearly we don't have all the info yet. Now my bet is on her wanting Renard to step in to the race, as others have guessed. But why would he need to be on stage for that? 

Super disgusted they put Nick and Adalind together. As a character I like her ok and she has changed, but that's just too much history to overlook. I kept saying NOOOO at my screen, hoping for a fantasy sequence.

• Love 1

Did anyone catch this?  When Nick and Monroe walked in the church, they spoke to the guy and the guy was deaf.  So why was he having a conversation with the priest 5 minutes later and he obviously wasn't deaf.

Also, one more comment.  Did they have to visit the forest at night?  Really?  At night?  In the forest?

Who writes this stuff?

I could not deal with Monroe and Nick's conversation about how much Adalind has changed and now she's the mother of his child. I was tempted to poke something sharp and pointy in my ears.

When Hank called Renard to warn him that something might happen at the rally, I thought dude, maybe try sending him a text? I know that sometimes if I am in a loud place or somewhere I know that I won't be able to have a conversation on my phone, I don't bother to answer. And if I know that I am calling someone who is in a similar situation, I text them so they can just read my message.

I suspected Rachel was shady before this episode, but I KNEW she was up to something when she told Renard to stay on the platform after introducing Dixon. She wanted Renard to dramatically cradle a bleeding Dixon in his arms so that he will look like a hero and then she can have him run in Dixon's place.

When the mouse guy woged and saw that Nick was a Grimm, why did Monroe and Nick just stand there doing nothing? If one of them had just said, "Yes, he's a grimm and we know you're wesen but he is not here to hurt you," we would have avoided the stupid plot contrivance of the local wesen mounting a posse to kill Nick.

Monroe really needs to learn to read a room. Telling stories about slaughtered peasants and their blood soaking the ground is not what most people want to hear when they're tromping through the woods in the dark. Don't get me wrong - I love Monroe's Cliff Clavin-esque facts, but choose your moments to share them!

What was up with Meisner sending Eve to deal with the assassin by herself and immediately packing Trubel off to Santiago as soon as she wanted to help? He told her that she was leaving in 30 minutes so it seems like maybe he could have told her a little sooner. I'm mostly saying that as someone who needs at least an hour to pack and I'm sure Trubel is fine getting on a plane as is without packing a thing.

• Love 4

No, Germans have the steering wheel on the left and drive on the right side of the road. That's how it is in pretty much all the world except in Britain and her former colonies.

I had to roll my eyes at Monroe using his recently-deceased, and targetted-by-Black-Claw uncle's name on his passport. NOT SMART. And how convenient that the Mouse Wesen could hear after all, and Nick & Monroe thought nothing of Nick being tagged as a Grimm, and the priest & cronies immediately found the rental car. But I don't care - they're going to attract attention anyway before getting anything done, because, can't have the plot advance without some sort of threat. So, fine. Things are moving along, and I'm a happy Grimmster.

Brain fart. I meant to say the steering wheel was on the left, but got too quippy. My bad.

Yes traveling under Uncle Felix's name would raise some red flags and it would most certainly alert Black Claw. If Rosalee's friend (who appears to make decent forgeries  was smart, IMO, then Monroe should've been under something totally different. 

• Love 1

Now that I've had a chance to cool down over the whole Nick and Adalind thing, it occurs to me that maybe Renard is a member of Black Claw - or is even running the whole thing. It would go a long way towards explaining this whole mayoral campaign which thus far has seemed so superfluous to everything else going on in the show right now. 

Yes, it seems likely the campaign will now want Renard to run since Dixon is dead. And maybe that was his plan from the start. Which is why he "leaked" the info about the other candidate's drug buy. Which is also why he ordered the cops to only tail the hit man rather than engage. 

Renard himself has been so superfluous of late - this would be a good way of moving him back into the main part of the story. His agenda has been vague since Day 1 but we've always seen little hints that he ultimately craves some kind of power. Maybe mayor of Portland is a stepping stone to the Governorship, and from there, the presidency. Wouldn't that be kind of awesome if HE was the head of Black Claw?

I kind of hope so, anyway. It's hard to know what exactly the writers have in mind but Renard needs a more important role on this show.

I'm going with Monroe is still grieving for his uncle and not thinking straight.   Using his passport is Monroe's way to honor his Uncle.

Plus it has a valid entry stamp for the US that is recent.   

(edited)

Nick and Adalind actually becoming a thing is the final,nail in the coffin for me (I not even know if liking Monroe, Hank, Rosalee and Wu can save it). Juliette is the evil beyond evil, but the person who has been and done nothing but evil and was the cause of Juliette becoming evil is just aces. If Nick is that stupid, he truly deserves whatever happens to him. Speaking of stupid, has he ever gotten a paternity test -- of course not, because a Saint Adalind said the baby is his. If Juliette had a kid and said it was his, stupid would be rolling around on the floor of the Maury set screaming that it isn't his kid. Let Adalind be playing him, let the baby turn out not to be his, and let his stupid be known to all so he can feel the humiliation of averted eyes and stopped conversation. Dear show, your hero should never be a chump, you have made Nick the chump of chumps.

I got so caught up in Nick and his Adalind stupidity, I forget to mention he is equally stupid in his police work. So you travel all that way, some random person tells you, what you thought is wrong and you simply walk away with no further investigation? Because you know Nick, people would never lie, and certainly anyone with connections to a religious organization would tell a lie.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 4

Maybe they're only paying attention to the fans on Twitter. I mentioned this a little before, but I tweeted about how stupid it is that they're putting Nick & Adalind together & I got attacked. Apparently some people love the idea & see Adalind as the victim because Nick & co. took Diana. I was called names & told that I don't have a brain. I actually had to block someone because they wouldn't leave it alone!

Nick let Eve have it for what Juliette did. Juliette never would've done those things if she wasn't a Hexenbiest. She wouldn't have been a Hexenbiest if Adalind wouldn't have taken Nicks Grimmness. Then there's Aunt Marie, Hank, Wu, & Juliette's little coma situation (where she then forgot Nick & got dangerously obsessed with Renard). But like you said- they have chemistry!

I don't think it's just because they have chemistry. I think it's because Adalind is no longer a hexenbiest and seems to be showing remorse for the things she's done. She has in fact changed.

Now, if she turns again, and goes back to her old ways, I would think all bets would be off.

• Love 1

I don't think it's just because they have chemistry. I think it's because Adalind is no longer a hexenbiest and seems to be showing remorse for the things she's done. She has in fact changed.

Now, if she turns again, and goes back to her old ways, I would think all bets would be off.

'Seems' is the key word.  Adalind may be remorseful or not, who knows.  Nick certainly doesn't, he has no reason to trust her after all she has done.  The potion she drank was only to suppress the biestiness (and geez how irresponsible was she to drink that while pregnant?).   If she is in fact pulling a con and is slowly re-hexening, then his sleeping with her is a mega-stupid move, he can be de-grimmed all over again.  I really don't like him being this stupid. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Good God.  The only thing Nick and Adalind had going for them was chemistry and that scene managed to lack even that.  It's as if DG and CC themselves couldn't buy that BS.  As has been said, their history makes the couple ridiculous and pretty gross and nothing could have made me happy about it, but that scene was terrible on the page and as performed without taking that into consideration. 

I can accept almost everything else, except possibly the idea that Monroe would confuse Gothic and Romanesque periods.  The church they went to was built in the mid 16th century, Monroe said they were 400 years off.  If they were looking for a church which was standing in 12th century Germany, it would be far more likely a Romanesque church, the style from the 10th through 12th centuries.  The development into the Gothic style began in the mid 12th century in France. It would be unlikely any Gothic churches in Germany would date from prior to the 13th century for start of construction and the 14th for completion.  

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5

I don't think Renard is head of BC in Portland.  The Mayoral plot is a way to get a Renard in a top position outside of the police force and eventually as it was mentioned up the political food chain.

TIIC should have never written in CC's pregnancy and giving Adalind baby #2 was just stupid.  

Nick could have just lived in his fortress as a bachelor pad without all of the baby drama and could have had random hookups instead of sleeping with Adalind.

Yes, the special snowflake will eventually end up with Nick once Adalind gets her powers back.

Nick is acting like an idiot.  Y'know what?  Maybe he IS an idiot.  Nobody ever said Grimms were particularly smart.  Idiots have to have jobs, too...his is being a cop. And idiots seem to be in style now, given our current political situation.  (And that's all I'm saying about that.)  I just wish Adalind were back to her nasty self.  She's way more fun that way.

I wish Adalind would get back to her nasty self too. And then someone (maybe Eve) kills her bloody. She'd be way more fun that way. Dead.

• Love 1

1. I have no idea why anyone fears a Grimm in the modern world. The only "powers" Nick seems to have is being able to see a wesen woge and, sometimes, knowledge and appropriate weapons. All this, "Eek, a Grimm!" stuff is working my last nerve.

2. What is the point of being part of the "royals" when it doesn't seem to grant you any status or abilities? Renard has been shot more times than Carllllllll on TWD. I wish we had some sense that Renard has a unique, royal-like power.

Hey, Adalind is hot and 100 times more enjoyable than Juliette (or "Eve," who seems to be becoming more like Juliette and less like a brainwashed assassin with every episode). If we can buy hidden wesen who represent 1,000 animals, then why not Nick saying well, she is on meds and a different person now, so ....?

• Love 1

Dixon was shot in this episode and not Renard.

Renard's royal family would have preferred that he had never been born.

Eh.  Wesen's have feared Grimm's for centuries, so it would make sense that actually seeing one alive would send folks running or out comes the pitch forks!

(edited)

I'm not sure Grimms are supposed to have many super powers beyond the fighting ability. (Is the hearing one? Or is that just a side effect from the zombie thing?)

What they are supposed to be is ruthless killers and expert fighters / hunters. I'd be afraid of that, especially surrounded by the legend. Our Nick seemingly chooses not to hone and use his skills.

Edited by snarktini
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's always seemed to me as though Nick and Truble, since she's come on the show, have elevated strength and seem pretty physically resilient to go along with their fighting skills.  I don't mean super human strength, but more so than their respective body frames would indicate. And both heal pretty quickly to the extent that they get injured.  Granted, I'm not certain about this since television and movies like to pretend ordinary people crash through a wall and get up and keep fighting.  But it does seem that Nick has been more resilient than other characters on the show. 

Edited by RachelKM

99% if people hate the Adalin/Nick Hook up, I'm on the 1% and saw it coming a mile away (since she got pregnant). I like the couple, Bitsie, not so much, has to watch her BF pretend-bang another actress (at least the kisses and half naked are true)

Yeah, I'm also scratching my head of why they took down Dixon instead of Renard, so there was another sniper or the Wessen changed his mind or was the plan all along?

• Love 2

She can have all the remorse in the world, that still doesn't erase what she's done. Multiple attempts at murder and mayhem and no jail time for it. It's one thing to forgive a person who's done you wrong, it's quite another to fall into bed with them. 

I don't buy this "she's changed" excuse - it's typical soap opera cliche to take a popular villain and try to "humanize" them somehow so they are viable as long-term characters because the audience likes the performer. 

The fact is that Adalind has always turned to whoever will help her. She was working with Renard in the beginning then working with the other Royals afterward. She only turned to Nick because nobody else would protect her and she knew the Royals would take Kelly away from her just like they did Diana. If Kelly weren't Nick's kid Nick would be fine with that and Adalind would be looking elsewhere for protection. 

Now, I sort of get why she might be developing feelings for Nick. But him developing feelings for her, after everything she's done? Just makes him look like an idiot.

I don't think Renard is head of BC in Portland.  The Mayoral plot is a way to get a Renard in a top position outside of the police force and eventually as it was mentioned up the political food chain.

For what purpose though? He's already chief of police and in the perfect position to be in Nick's orbit. I don't see how becoming Mayor makes him any more useful to Nick or the show in general. There's been nothing about this Mayoral race that seems even remotely related to anything going on elsewhere in the show. 

I'd really, really like to give the writers enough credit to tie this whole thing into the main story somehow, rather than assume it's a lame subplot that exists solely to give Renard something to do because he's such a third wheel lately they don't know what to do with him anymore. I'm not sure the writers deserve that kind of credit - I'm just hopeful.

I also can't think of any other reason why Black Claw would want to assassinate Dixon, since we've had zero indication he's Wesen. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think it is practical to guess what percentage of the fanbase wants Nadalind and what percentage is opposed. On this board, there is a lot of anti-Nadalind sentiment, but Fanfiction.net and YouTube appear to be full of Nadalind-love. I think the reasons against the pairing have been made perfectly clear by many other posters, and I agree with them, so I'm not going to rehash that here. But I do want to address the "chemistry" issue. Whether this supposed chemistry is the only reason for pairing the two, or whether (as jewel21 states) there are other reasons, I think "the powers that be" are convinced that the two do have chemistry. Honestly, I don't see it. Back when Adalind had a more forceful personality, she and Nick had a fun enemy vibe, but with her blandification that went away. The big declaration-of-love-followed-by-sex scene had to be as chemistry-free as any romantic scene on this show so far -- including those with the much-maligned Juliette. It's like they eviscerated Adalind's personality and made Nick's emotional reactions indecipherable, yet still expect the actors to portray some kind of deep emotional connection.

The writers could respond by having Adalind's hexenbiest nature reassert itself, or by at least giving Adalind back some of her old spark. But I think they've painted themselves into a corner in this regard. Nick has made it clear that he finds hexenbiests utterly repulsive; for him to consider accepting one for who she is rather than trying to "fix" her would undermine everything we saw of his personality last year. And having Adalind's snarky and manipulative attitude come back a bit without her hexenbiest nature re-emerging, even if it were balanced by good qualities (i.e., she is scheming to get information about BC or HW), that would destroy Nick's "she's not the same person" narrative.

Edited by tpel
  • Love 1
(edited)

I figured if Ottermommy watched this episode, she'll be posting from an institution, as this episode would have sent her sailing over the edge.

Bwaa haa haa!

No, I didn't watch and the show is off my DVR (thanks to the previews for this ep).  I even blogged about how I've DNF'd (book term) this show.  

I actually logged on this site to check the forums for other shows, but I forgot to take this one off my list.  I thought, what he heck...let's see what is going on and...

...I do not regret my decision to give up on this show one bit.  They did it....they toyed with doing what, in my eyes, is an unforgivable sin for this whole season and then they did it.  Adios, Grimm...I'll miss you once you are canceled because, despite everything else, the cast was good to Oregon.  Other than that, this show just needs to go.  And others need to learn that there are just some things a show should not do.

I'll catch up on posts here, but I don't know if I'll continue following the forum.  I've enjoyed chatting with you all, but I just can't stomach what my once favorite show has become.  It's like a romantic break up--you might no longer have feelings for the other person, but you sure as hell don't want to see them every day.

(But I will stick around on this site for the few other shows I watch....)

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

99% if people hate the Adalin/Nick Hook up, I'm on the 1% and saw it coming a mile away (since she got pregnant). I like the couple, Bitsie, not so much, has to watch her BF pretend-bang another actress (at least the kisses and half naked are true)

Yeah, I'm also scratching my head of why they took down Dixon instead of Renard, so there was another sniper or the Wessen changed his mind or was the plan all along?

To be fair, DG had to watch Juliette pretend bang Renard first and then Kenneth (Ewwww!). Anyway, all these "sex" scenes on network television are laughably tame compared to stuff like HBO's Game of Thrones sex scenes.

The only thing Nick and Adalind had going for them was chemistry and that scene managed to lack even that.  It's as if DG and CC themselves couldn't buy that BS.  

There were interviews in the summer, when they just started filming the season (maybe even earlier) were both CC and DG basically talked around the fact that NEITHER of them wanted a Nick/Adalind romantic relationship.  DG even said at one point that "the ONLY way he would do it is if they did it slowly"--which makes me think the morons in charge of this show wanted the two in the sack from the beginning (which, technically, I guess they did do...but you know what I mean).

HEA?

Happily Ever After.

It comes from the romance novel genre.  To be a true romance novel, the story must have a HEA (or, in more recent books, a HFN--happily for now--will do, especially if it is in YA or "New Adult").  Otherwise it is just a "love story."

Hi, OtterMommy!

Will you be sticking around for the snark?

I really shouldn't...but I might.  I follow a number of shows on this site and, frankly, this forum is the most fun.  Too bad the show doesn't live up to that anymore!  

• Love 3

She can have all the remorse in the world, that still doesn't erase what she's done. Multiple attempts at murder and mayhem and no jail time for it. It's one thing to forgive a person who's done you wrong, it's quite another to fall into bed with them. 

I don't buy this "she's changed" excuse - it's typical soap opera cliche to take a popular villain and try to "humanize" them somehow so they are viable as long-term characters because the audience likes the performer. 

The fact is that Adalind has always turned to whoever will help her. She was working with Renard in the beginning then working with the other Royals afterward. She only turned to Nick because nobody else would protect her and she knew the Royals would take Kelly away from her just like they did Diana. If Kelly weren't Nick's kid Nick would be fine with that and Adalind would be looking elsewhere for protection. 

Now, I sort of get why she might be developing feelings for Nick. But him developing feelings for her, after everything she's done? Just makes him look like an idiot.

For what purpose though? He's already chief of police and in the perfect position to be in Nick's orbit. I don't see how becoming Mayor makes him any more useful to Nick or the show in general. There's been nothing about this Mayoral race that seems even remotely related to anything going on elsewhere in the show. 

I'd really, really like to give the writers enough credit to tie this whole thing into the main story somehow, rather than assume it's a lame subplot that exists solely to give Renard something to do because he's such a third wheel lately they don't know what to do with him anymore. I'm not sure the writers deserve that kind of credit - I'm just hopeful.

I also can't think of any other reason why Black Claw would want to assassinate Dixon, since we've had zero indication he's Wesen. 

Renard is a Police Captain. not Chief of Police.

Nadalind sex is just a precursor to Nick getting back with the special snowflake, once Adalind goes back to being a hexenbiest and she tries to run off with Kelly Jr.

Nadalind sex is just a precursor to Nick getting back with the special snowflake, once Adalind goes back to being a hexenbiest and she tries to run off with Kelly Jr.

Maybe sex with a Grimm is another way a hexenbiest can get back her powers and all this time Adalind was just playing one long con with Nick? IMO, it would fit the character of the old Adalind to a T.

• Love 2
99% if people hate the Adalin/Nick Hook up, I'm on the 1% and saw it coming a mile away (since she got pregnant).

I really don't have a problem with Nick and Adalind being together either, but maybe that's because I've always liked Adalind. IMO, she is one of the more complex and interesting characters in the show; I was always surprised that the writers didn't use her character more or have her interact with Nick more, because their scenes were always the best (especially when they were enemies). As for the Nick/Adalind pairing, I sensed it coming from back in season 1; it's possible that it was delayed for so long because the writers wanted to keep Bitsie Tulloch's character around. 

I may be in the minority again, but I'm also really enjoying this season. After 3-4 seasons, the episodes had started to become somewhat redundant and stale, with very little major plot progression and that changed with this new season ( and last season).  Until Juliette became a Hexenbiest, very little had changed in Nick's life. The writers had the opportunity with the Zombie Nick story to really make Nick's powers evolve and they wasted the opportunity. Then there was the story of the keys which was dropped until now. The Juliette-in-a coma story also had the potential to change his life dramatically, but that story was also neatly solved, with no real long-term consequences. It served as a good plot device for Nick to discover that Renard was Wesen and for Juliette to discover that Nick was a Grimm. Even the core cast has stayed somewhat the same, which was why the introduction of characters like Trubel and Josh was so welcome. I think the show was getting stale and I was glad that the writers finally decide to take some risks. I'm not crazy about this new domesticated Adalind, but I suspect that at some point, she will regain her Hexenbiest powers and it will be interesting to see what that does to her or how Nick reacts. 

• Love 1

Yeah, the Nick/Adalind pairing is wrong.  But I'm guessing that Nick will again fall in love with Juliette, his tru luv.  That pairing is equally as heinous.

And Nick has turned a blind eye to wesen who commit murder too.  Overall, he's an idiot.

1. I have no idea why anyone fears a Grimm in the modern world. The only "powers" Nick seems to have is being able to see a wesen woge and, sometimes, knowledge and appropriate weapons. All this, "Eek, a Grimm!" stuff is working my last nerve.

I don't get it.  A Grimm is supposed to be a Big Bad in the wesen world.  I don't see it in Nick.  Maybe Mama Grimm.

It's just hard to see Nick as intimidating when there are many intimidating wesen.  Those wesen fairy tales to keep the wesen children in check seem to make legends out of Grimms.

Yup, it's coming.  I wouldn't be surprised if Adalind doesn't get her powers back, but Juliette will exercise her alpha female status on her.  And she's coming back stronger than ever.

As for the Nick/Adalind pairing, I sensed it coming from back in season 1; it's possible that it was delayed for so long because the writers wanted to keep Bitsie Tulloch's character around.

Same here.  They had chemistry in S1.  They could have made the relationship into a Batman/Catwoman scenario, but Juliette was already established as the girlfriend. 

At this late stage, the Nick/Adalind pairing seems like a Hail Mary to shake up the show. 

No, I didn't watch and the show is off my DVR (thanks to the previews for this ep).  I even blogged about how I've DNF'd (book term) this show.

I thought I read DNR and laughed.  Do Not Resuscitate this show.  

I was surprised to see an online ad about the 100th episode of Grimm.  Maybe the network is finally rallying around show instead of letting it crawl away to die somewhere.

At least stick around for the 100th episode.  Even I'll watch it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, I hope you do. I am one of those people who can give up on the show but hang around to find out what's going on and contribute to the discussion. 

Does anyone else think that MAYBE the writers actually have a nefarious reason why every time Theresa wants to help out the local folk, Meisner sends her in the other direction? It's happened twice now, and she looked pissed about it both times, so I'm thinking either Meisner is doing it on purpose, Theresa is going to get tired of him dictating her life and do something rash, or both.

I thought Trubel should have died after she spilled to Nick all of the happenings after she and Josh left Portland.  I don't see the need for another Grimm (okay, Momma Grimm is always welcomed a sight, because I like MM), and get really annoyed when Nick has to include her behind in things that he has handled in the past.  Trubel has been built up to be a Grimm that can run all over the world to fight evil wesens and she has a room filled with weapons and other crap, but Nick has been written dumber than a rock for way too long on a show in which he IS supposed to the lead.

Edited by Darklazr

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with Meisner repeatedly restraining Trubel from helping her friends. He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to throw his weight around for no reason, so I'm guessing he gets orders (or at least input) from above. Yet why would HW think that engendering resentment in their Grimm is a good idea? 

Speaking of Meisner, maybe we could keep the Meisner thread a Nadalind-free zone, so OtterMommy can enjoy it. I think most of us over there believe Adalind could do better anyway ;-)

• Love 2

Maybe sex with a Grimm is another way a hexenbiest can get back her powers and all this time Adalind was just playing one long con with Nick? IMO, it would fit the character of the old Adalind to a T.

Wow! That's a good idea. I didn't think of it that way. And with all the speculation of Adalind getting her powers back - possibly soon- that idea may not be that far off the mark.

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with Meisner repeatedly restraining Trubel from helping her friends. He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to throw his weight around for no reason, so I'm guessing he gets orders (or at least input) from above. Yet why would HW think that engendering resentment in their Grimm is a good idea?

Yet another clue that perhaps Renard is the head of Black Claw. He's got his agenda all laid out, knew Nick would be out of town, and didn't want Trubel around spoiling the planned assassination of Dixon.

Hey - maybe I'm just fan wanking all of this, but . . . this could be a really good story.

And aside from the monstrosity they've created by having Nick and Adalind play house, this season has the best potential of finally firming up a story that has languished in vagueness for four years. Four years of Renard sitting around in the background making mysterious phone calls, not really establishing him as Good or Evil. Pick a side and give him a lead role, I say! The overall element of "bad guys" has been ill defined since Season 1. Royals, Verrat, Reapers - all faceless, nameless references. Eric, Viktor, the King - all came and went without actually doing much of anything. Renard should be the Big Bad. Heaven knows he's been sitting on the back burner long enough.

(edited)

Yet another clue that perhaps Renard is the head of Black Claw. He's got his agenda all laid out, knew Nick would be out of town, and didn't want Trubel around spoiling the planned assassination of Dixon.

Hey - maybe I'm just fan wanking all of this, but . . . this could be a really good story.

And aside from the monstrosity they've created by having Nick and Adalind play house, this season has the best potential of finally firming up a story that has languished in vagueness for four years. Four years of Renard sitting around in the background making mysterious phone calls, not really establishing him as Good or Evil. Pick a side and give him a lead role, I say! The overall element of "bad guys" has been ill defined since Season 1. Royals, Verrat, Reapers - all faceless, nameless references. Eric, Viktor, the King - all came and went without actually doing much of anything. Renard should be the Big Bad. Heaven knows he's been sitting on the back burner long enough.

That would help to explain/connect some things that happened back in Season 1 (hey do they even remember how Renard was portrayed back in Season 1 where he had that lion Wesen assassinate/execute the people that he wanted dead. What ever happened to that plot?). Also, yeah it would give Renard a side but I do kind of like his character being more of a grey character and I can see him not being the leader of Black Claw but more of a sympathizer towards their cause. 

Edited by TVSpectator

Yeah, the same thought occurred to me, too, since it seems she only has to have sex once with someone to get pregnant by that particular partner, though I guess she avoided it with Hank?  Maybe it could become a running joke in the series where she just keeps producing another baby every few months.

That would be hysterical!  They could include the added twist that with each new baby she loses all memory of the previous one.  Diana who?

• Love 1

I think it's funny how much the show has given up on itself. They have a map that requires 7 keys but suddenly 5 is enough.

And there ended up being 9 keys (they do really need to do something to explain that one!)

I can see how they could put a map together with 5 out of 7 keys though, providing they have the right 5 keys.  If they superimpose the map pieces off the keys over a real map, they should be able to figure out what is missing--again, providing that they don't have 5 of the 7 keys that are right next to each other in the map.

My sexy pants Renard is not in charge of BC, he's clearly being set up by the sleazy PR woman and other unknown villains!

I thought it would have been funny as hell if Hank was indeed Diana's father when Adalind gave birth, just to see the look of shock on her face and realize that Stefania's royal blood test was a load of crock!  Meisner frowned,"Adalind, uh, what the hell?!  I thought Sean was the father?"  Adalind passes out but not before replying,"Shit.  I forgot about raping Hank!"

• Love 3

My eyes!  My eyes!!!!!!

Other than that scene (thank goodness I had taped Grimm so that I could fastforward past that horror), it was a really good episode.  Loved the bit with the Scooby gang and the map at the beginning, and Nick and Monroe in the woods was pure comedy gold.

• Love 1

I had to roll my eyes at Monroe using his recently-deceased, and targetted-by-Black-Claw uncle's name on his passport.

Maybe he just used his uncle's first name?  I don't remember what the uncle's last name was.