Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: All I Want Is You

• Start Topic

As the hospital deals with Meredith's trauma, Callie and Maggie perform a risky, experimental surgery on Alex's 15-year-old patient against his professional opinion. Meanwhile, Owen and Nathan are still at odds with each other, and Maggie and Andrew's relationship continues to develop.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Just about 30 minutes in and so far it's pretty enjoyable. Therapy scenes are good, the main case with Alex is interesting (he's getting probably the most screen time aside from Meredith.) Penny has an incredibly annoying scene that will make people groan. Not sure why it was even in there. So far no Arizona or Ben tonight. 

Edit: WOW! A scene at Arizona & DeLuca's house. 

Edit #2: A Jo / Stef / Penny / Ben hangout scene....... 

Edited by BaseOps

Meredith looks remarkably put-together and healed a month after her attack. 

It annoyed me that we had to hear about the aftermath of Alex's proposal from Meredith's therapy sessions.

And I don't understand why they insist on continuing the carpool scenes when every adult is in the car and there's no sign or mention of Meredith's children or even a car-seat or two in the backseat.

• Like 1

Ugh, Meredith was even more insufferable than she was last week. How generous of her to teach Penny after Penny killed Mer's husband. *insert eyeroll here*

The most interesting scene was with Jo, Stephanie, Penny and Ben. I could have sat in on that little party a bit longer.

I'm liking Maggie and DeLuca more and more. Not sure if it's because every other character is on my last nerve or not. Loved Richard's face when he realized that it was Maggie that DeLuca has been seeing.

• Love 6

Really good episode, I thought. Of course, any episode with Alex front and center already has the advantage in my eyes. He is just so great with the patients. Liked his scenes with the precocious patient a lot. And I'm happy that he and Jo are headed in the right direction.

The therapist was great. I wish they would make him a regular and jettison 3 or 4 annoying cast members. But I liked that Mer's situation was left open-ended, that she wasn't good as new (or bright and shiny) after one episode. I'm interested to see where they take her storyline in next few weeks.

But, Lord help us, Penny ended the episode making out with Callie. We'll never get rid of her now! And with Owen and Amelia getting friendly again, we're two-for-two on couples with one cool partner and one obnoxious irritant who needs to go hang out with Erika Hahn in the parking lot for all eternity.

• Love 4

Overall, I thought it was pretty entertaining. I loved Alex with his patient, no shock there. I'm always thankful for Alex screen time and even moreso when its something other than the sisters' sex talks.

I was really disappointed (as I have been since S11) with the way the Jolex story is being told. Once again, we miss all the emotions of actually seeing Jo tell Alex he can move back in. We miss the tension of them being in the loft together and not speaking. We hear Jo telling her friends about Alex, Alex telling the gals he & Jo aren't having sex and Meredith yammering about them to her therapist. I guess its resolved for now since Jo saw Alex hold a patient's hand and then that was it. 

I liked Amelia explaining why she's even bothering wanting any kind of relationship with Meredith at this point and thought the scene with Owen and her talking about dinner was one of their better scenes. Maybe its because they actually had a few sentences to speak to each other about what they are feeling (unlike others, see paragraph above).

The therapy scenes were alright but it was the same pattern as last the other times Meredith went to therapy - saying she's fine, getting annoyed at the therapist, etc.

Loved Richard's face when he realized that it was Maggie that DeLuca has been seeing.

His face was great. I wish they'd give Richard more to do. 

So - Meredith's face at the end when she was looking back at Alex & Jo, was it that she decided she wants a relationship again or was it that she suddenly now has feelings for Alex?  Once the therapist said "you love Alex?" I was waiting for something so it could have been that for me.  I hope so and it was just the turning point of her pairing up with Riggs. 

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 6

So - Meredith's face at the end when she was looking back at Alex & Jo, was it that she decided she wants a relationship again or was it that she suddenly now has feelings for Alex? Once the therapist said "you love Alex?" I was waiting for something so it could have been that for me. I hope so and it was just the turning point of her pairing up with Riggs.

After this episode, I have my money on Riggs and April. I hope so, because I really am not a Japril fan.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode.  I liked that we actually had a lot of medical stories in the hospital interwoven with the personal stories ,sort of like the old days.  While I think we are still missing A LOT of the Jolex story, I liked the way in which some of what happened with them was revealed throughout the episode and that its still not over/resolved, but we also got a solid explanation.  I also appreciated that Maggie/Callie didn't really scheme or go around Alex to come up with the procedure and that there was no side choosing.  

I felt like it was very meta with Alex's patients talking about Grey Sloan doctors performing miracles, the therapist asking Meredith if she was in love with Alex, the therapist basically being confused with how many friends (ie cast members) Meredith has.  

I really liked the therapy sessions and felt like they left the ending really open.  Of course the obvious conclusion to draw is that Meredith is ready to date again, but I felt like it was more ambiguous, which seems to be truthful to the situation.  It wasn't like she said "I am ready to find love again'.

I don't like what they've been doing with the non-linear story telling, like with the therapy session interspersed between the hospital drama.  Meredith was wearing a few different outfits plus scrubs, so I am assuming it was over multiple days of therapy, yet the hospital stuff was mostly one day.  It is similar to what they have been doing with the anatomy class openings and its strange.   

Still there is so much missing...Steph and Jo are cool now?  What exactly happened between Callie and Penny?(actually i don't really care about that).  Everything Penny related was super awkward.   

Loved Richard making the connection of DeLuca and Maggie.  And Arizona and DeLuca's house!  We finally see it.  Oh and Alex's patient totally reminded me of Lexie for some reason.  

And I guess it's confirmed that Owen's sister is definitely dead, yes?  this EW article confirms it, but you never know http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/18/greys-anatomy-owen-sister-death-riggs

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

"So done with carpool." Me too, Meredith. Me too. 

Did Callie and Penny's zero chemistry actually get into the negative? What even is that mismatched relationship? 

I didn't like that there wasn't a voice over. That's one of the few things left in the series that's sacred. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 5

"So done with carpool." Me too, Meredith. Me too. 

forgot to add this to my list of meta references!  

I didn't like that there wasn't a voice over. That's one of the few things left in the series that's sacred. 

I didn't even remember there wasn't a voiceover.  Second time this season though.  I agree its weird not having one!

Edited by Greysaddict

So - Meredith's face at the end when she was looking back at Alex & Jo, was it that she decided she wants a relationship again or was it that she suddenly now has feelings for Alex?  Once the therapist said "you love Alex?" I was waiting for something so it could have been that for me.  I hope so and it was just the turning point of her pairing up with Riggs. 

I saw it more of her thinking/seeing what she could have again and still deciding if that is what she wants, not that she wants to be with Alex.  I personally thought the reference of "do you love Alex" in therapy was to squash the MerLex talk, but I could be seeing it wrong since I am hardcore anti MerLex.  

• Love 2

The therapy kind of took the place of the voice over, I didn't even notice it was missing until it was mentioned here.

Meredith asking if the therapist had read her file after he asked about bad things happening to her was exactly what I had been thinking. I was like, "This guy didn't do his homework."

• Love 3

I enjoyed it overall with a few caveats.

Show, stop giving Jolex cliffhangers and then tell us an abbreviated version of what happened, ignoring the emotional fallout.

Penny's never going away, is she?

Less than impressed with the fallout from Merediths attack. The therapy scenes were okay but kind of been there, done that and a setup for Meredith to consider moving on.

I always love Alex in Dr. mode.

I like that they gave Jo and company their own group scenes. Keep it up but with less Penny and more Ben.

• Love 4
And Arizona and DeLuca's house!  We finally see it.

I laughed when Arizona skipped down the stairs in a rush to go out with Richard.  I would not have expected she'd choose a house with stairs, considering her prosthetic leg.  I think the writers forgot about it.

I really liked the 3D printed ribs patient, and the storyline with Alex.  I was also glad to see some progress with Owen and Riggs, tiny thought it might be.  I also thought Owen and Amelia had a good talk, too. 

Overall, I liked it.  It was well done.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4

Meredith asking if the therapist had read her file after he asked about bad things happening to her was exactly what I had been thinking. I was like, "This guy didn't do his homework."

When she asked that and followed up with a list I thought the writers were trolling us.

I liked Alex and the kid.

Hoped Owen and Riggs would take each other out.

• Love 1

I saw it more of her thinking/seeing what she could have again and still deciding if that is what she wants, not that she wants to be with Alex. I personally thought the reference of "do you love Alex" in therapy was to squash the MerLex talk, but I could be seeing it wrong since I am hardcore anti MerLex.

I saw it the same way. I also thought the Alex question in therapy and Meredith's reaction pretty much squashed MerLex as an option.
  • Love 1

I, too, was impressed with the Owen/Riggs operating machine. They barely talked to each other and they finished each other's sentences. But Owen's unprofessional behavior towards Riggs when he's supposed to be doctoring is tiresome and childish.

I'd like to see the show framed more with Meredith's therapy sessions. I mean, I'd like for once that someone continues with therapy because they're getting something out of it. I liked her doctor (Bill Smitrovich).

Every time I see Meredith smile broadly, it almost looks phony because she doesn't seem to do that much at all.

I think I need therapy. When asked what she wanted to do, I was still hoping that Meredith would would declare that it was dance party time.

Love Richard and Arizona as pals. 

Edited by mojito
  • Love 5

I could go either way on MerLex. I never really thought about it before this season (for obvious reasons), but if the writers went there, I wouldn't have a problem with it (since I am not a JoLex fan). But I am also not a MerLex shipper, so I don't care if they never go there. I could see this going either way from the therapy session. If MerLex never happened, I think that Mer's answer to the therapist's question was to quash all ideas of that. But I could also see that Mer's response was a "she doth protest too much" thing and was weirded out by being confronted with such a straightforward question, but the thought had crossed her mind. 

Overall, I really liked this episode. I did like the story with Alex's patient. Some of the patients are hit or miss, but I really liked her, and was glad they didn't kill her off during surgery. I liked Richard's shocked face when he realized Maggie was screwing DeLuca and he likely remembered all that weird stuff he told DeLuca about wildcats. :) 

• Love 1

I, too, was impressed with the Owen/Riggs operating machine. They barely talked to each other and they finished each other's sentences. But Owen's unprofessional behavior towards Riggs when he's supposed to be doctoring is tiresome and childish.

I'd like to see the show framed more with Meredith's therapy sessions. I mean, I'd like for once that someone continues with therapy because they're getting something out of it. I liked her doctor (Bill Smitrovich).

Every time I see Meredith smile broadly, it almost looks phony because she doesn't seem to do that much at all.

I think I need therapy. When asked what she wanted to do, I was still hoping that Meredith would would declare that it was dance party time.

Love Richard and Arizona as pals. 

Owen is boorish, but the operation with Riggs was great. Just like synchronized surgery.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

When she asked that and followed up with a list I thought the writers were trolling us.

I was think the same thing... and she didn't even include hand on a bomb or drowning... or that she also was in that plane crash that killed her sister.

I never disliked Owen as much as other here.  It probably helped that  I was taking a break from Grey's when he was first introduced and missed much of the crap with Christina that apparently pissed everyone off. I don't like him a lot, but I've never been all that bothered by him either.  But HOLY SHIT is the crap with Riggs getting on my last nerve.  It's exactly what I figured it was and it doesn't at all make him sympathetic.  I get why he'd have some misplaced anger (based on Owen's mother's reaction to Riggs, it seems apparent he was not actually directly responsible for the sister's death), but he is soooooo beyond.  Meredith wasn't this awful to Penny and she was actually directly involved in Derek's death.  I could deal with him not ever liking Riggs again, but his inability to deal is fucking ridiculous.

I know a lot of people are bothered by the fact that all the beats of Jolex are taking place off screen, but I would like even less of them. I just cannot care about Jolex. I actually liked them initially; then somehow they just started getting on my nerves.  I think part of it is the pacing.  They seem to be having issues that should be dealt with by now.  This inability to communicate bullshit would be annoying after a year or so of dating, but they've been together for over 2 and a half years (not counting their dancing around each other for a year before) based on the time line of the show.   I know everyone on this show is emotionally r*******, but I'm just over them.

As for MerLex.... not really interested in them going there either.  I like Meredith and Alex as family, but I'm not particularly interested in seeming them romantic.  And truly platonic friendships between heterosexual men and women are rarely depicted on TV, even less so as a main central and major relationship of the show.

I don't care either way about Penny generally.  She doesn't bother me on her own.  I find her character completely inert... just a Penny shaped void....until she's around Calling. She has actual anti-chemistry with Callie.... CALLIE. Callie makes Owen seem warm.  It's actually fascinating in it's own way... she's the human interaction equivalent of a heatsink. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

When Alex's new teenage patient said that Seattle Grace Sloan Grey Hospital is the place that makes miracles happen, I thought no, honey, this is where people are shot, have bombs in their chests, have icicles impale them, and every other kind of terrible thing you can imagine so GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. And then two minutes later, there an ambulance blew up. I felt so vindicated. When the burrito patient said, "I should have gone somewhere else," I couldn't really disagree with him.

Poor Warren getting ambushed by all the female interns about men want. Why does he have to be the voice of an entire gender when Jo, by her own admission, can't even figure out what she wants when she has her boyfriend knocking on her door asking to get back together with her? I also hated that what changed her mind was seeing Alex with his patient. Don't get me wrong - he was great with Maia, but so what? There are lots of people who are good at their jobs and are great working with their patients/clients. If you need to see that to convince you to be with someone, just go away.

As per usual, Amelia can STFU. Hunt says they can go to dinner another night and she goes into this whole spiel about what will hypothetically happen which includes the part where he manages to make her feel like crap without saying anything. Gawd.

I also hate that Amelia's little pity speech somehow motivated him to tell her about his sister. Seriously, STFU, Amelia. Riggs is not your boyfriend. He doesn't owe her any explanation about Riggs or his feelings or anything.

I am so tired of the carpool scenes. They are all adults. Not just adults - DOCTORS who can afford their own cars. If they insist on continuing to carpool, please have them do it off screen. By the way, one of my carpool rules is NO MAKING OUT IN MY CAR.

I don't understand what Callie sees in Penny. Plus hadn't they only gone on a few dates or known each other a very short time before the Derek bomb got dropped at dinner? I really wish that Penny would fade into the background and only be seen occasionally (like once every five episodes to run by with a chart or something).

From a practical point of view, I hope Meredith chooses to continue her therapy with this guy. She did finally take a baby step forward in her self awareness. She has lived so long believing that she is alone that she hasn't realized how many people she has in her life. Heh, I totally get that feeling she described when she told the therapist that she wants them around but when they are actually around, she wants them to go away. Girl, that is one of the definitions of family!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I was hoping that they would bring the good-looking policeman back, but I guess he was the one that Callie said was dull? I know the actor was filming The Returned, as well, but that was cancelled. 

I wasn't giving this my full attention, and I accidentally deleted it at the end, so I'll have to look for it on-demand. 

But HOLY SHIT is the crap with Riggs getting on my last nerve.  It's exactly what I figured it was and it doesn't at all make him sympathetic.  I get why he'd have some misplaced anger (based on Owen's mother's reaction to Riggs, it seems apparent he was not actually directly responsible for the sister's death), but he is soooooo beyond.  Meredith wasn't this awful to Penny and she was actually directly involved in Derek's death.  I cold deal with him not ever liking Riggs again, but his inability to deal is fucking ridiculous.

That's exactly it, it makes Owen look like a complete moron. This isn't Derek and Mark 2.0 here. You understood why they had the falling out and over more legit reasons. Here it makes Owen come off as: "I have to hate someone for her death, so I will blame you, even if it wasn't your fault and we just magically end up working together." Something else about how everyone said that Grey Sloan isn't a place where miracles happen, but of death and destruction. I want to add its also the place where people who screwed you in life or you haven't talked to in years will magically show up at your door step because they need "healing". 

• Love 2

The carpool scenes make no sense. Ignoring the "where are the kids" part, these are surgeons. That's not a 9-5 job. Maggie and Meredith don't make sense for that reason. Adding Alex and Jo who live in another neighborhood makes even less.

• Love 8

didn't even remember there wasn't a voiceover.  Second time this season though.  I agree its weird not having one!

That;s because the whole therapy thing was basically a voice-over...a more ironic, slightly less anvilly voiceover

The carpool scenes make no sense. Ignoring the "where are the kids" part, these are surgeons. That's not a 9-5 job. Maggie and Meredith don't make sense for that reason. Adding Alex and Jo who live in another neighborhood makes even less.

And Jo is a resident, don't residents basically live at the hospital? Why is no one pulling overnight shifts? At least make it a LITTLE realistic.

HOLY SHIT is the crap with Riggs getting on my last nerve.  It's exactly what I figured it was and it doesn't at all make him sympathetic.  I get why he'd have some misplaced anger (based on Owen's mother's reaction to Riggs, it seems apparent he was not actually directly responsible for the sister's death), but he is soooooo beyond.  Meredith wasn't this awful to Penny and she was actually directly involved in Derek's death.  I cold deal with him not ever liking Riggs again, but his inability to deal is fucking ridiculous.

That whole reveal to Amelia about his sister seriously annoyed me. You don't talk about it? Clearly, that's not working for you. Screw Meredith needing therapy, Bailey needs to get Owen in there because his pathological inability to work with Riggs without screaming over patients' heads should be completely unacceptable behavior.

• Love 9

I haven't seen enough of Callie and Penny together to decide if they have chemistry or not. Underdogs intrigue me, so I'm OK with Penny being onscreen more often, and doing more than blending into the background or being emotionally pummeled by Meredith and her gang of knee-jerk yes-men.

• Love 1

Bailey needs to get Owen in there because his pathological inability to work with Riggs without screaming over patients' heads should be completely unacceptable behavior.

I think the "expecting doctors to behave professionally in the presence of patients" ship sailed long ago. Owen and Riggs were a bit over-the-top, but some variation of that happens a lot, going back to the very first season.

It would've been nice to get a little more detail from Owen about the what happened with the sister. And I can't decide how I feel about Riggs. I think he's basically OK, but still not very developed as a character.

• Love 1

I thought this episode was pretty good and I actually really liked the therapist and the therapy scenes.  It was nice to see Meredith less bitchy and actually smile and give thought to other people.  I think she was mostly doing it to deflect from herself, but still.  I also loved Cross.  The things in the episode I liked I really liked, but things I didn't like, I kind of hated.

So - Meredith's face at the end when she was looking back at Alex & Jo, was it that she decided she wants a relationship again or was it that she suddenly now has feelings for Alex?  Once the therapist said "you love Alex?" I was waiting for something so it could have been that for me.  I hope so and it was just the turning point of her pairing up with Riggs.

I think that the scene in the car was her wanting that feeling again in general, not with Alex.  But I also know that whenever a Grey's character says something vehemently, it usually means the opposite, so I am a bit concerned that they might go there.  The "Are you in love with Alex?" kind of came out of nowhere I think.  It wouldn't suprise me if they were keeping Alex vague with Jo in case Meredith and Riggs don't work out.  

While I think we are still missing A LOT of the Jolex story, I liked the way in which some of what happened with them was revealed throughout the episode and that its still not over/resolved, but we also got a solid explanation.

See, I think it is resolved.  They are back together and that was their "storyline."  The many, many questions that still linger just aren't going to get answered. Including "is everything completely fine with Jo and Meredith now?"   I guess so, especially since Meredith "offered Alex up on a silver platter for Jo," which, um, ew and grrrr.

Poor Warren getting ambushed by all the female interns about men want. Why does he have to be the voice of an entire gender when Jo, by her own admission, can't even figure out what she wants when she has her boyfriend knocking on her door asking to get back together with her? I also hated that what changed her mind was seeing Alex with his patient. Don't get me wrong - he was great with Maia, but so what? There are lots of people who are good at their jobs and are great working with their patients/clients. If you need to see that to convince you to be with someone, just go away.

I think my biggest disappointment was with Jo tonight.  I was thrilled that she kind of blew Alex off to be with other people and hang out with her friends, but then she spent every second of a very rare scene away from Alex talking about Alex.  I want more for her and I was hoping this episode would be the start of something professional with her and Callie.  But I guess we will just have to assume that she isn't a professional pariah anymore because....it got resolved somehow and is not referred to anymore.  I was also disappointed that she took Alex back so easily, especially when he wasn't listening to her again that morning, he is always good with kids and that had absolutely nothing to do with why she broke up/didn't break up/refused his proposal or didn't, etc., in the first place.  Literally nothing has changed.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 3

I saw it the same way. I also thought the Alex question in therapy and Meredith's reaction pretty much squashed MerLex as an option.

Thank you all! I really hope so. It doubt it will do much to improve the storytelling for Alex and Jolex but Meredith moving on should free him up *fingers crossed*.

Poor Warren getting ambushed by all the female interns about men want. Why does he have to be the voice of an entire gender when Jo, by her own admission, can't even figure out what she wants when she has her boyfriend knocking on her door asking to get back together with her?

In Grey's world apparently every gal pal group needs the token guy to sit there embarrassed or irked while they all chat about their boys, vaginas and sex lives. Meredith's group has Alex and this one had Ben. At least Ben got up and bailed after a short time. I would love to see Ben and Alex at a bar instead of seeing either of them with the gals. I don't know which has been more overdone this season, the car pool scenes or the gal pal groups. I would be happy to see both gone for the rest of the series.

I just cannot care about Jolex. I actually liked them initially; then somehow they just started getting on my nerves.  I think part of it is the pacing.  They seem to be having issues that should be dealt with by now.  This inability to communication bullshit would be annoying a year or so of dating, but they've been together for over 2 and a half years (not counting their dancing around each other for a year before) based on the time line of the show.

I still root for them but I agree with what you've said. Its the Grey's way to drag out couples (Meredith and Derek moved in together in season 5 didn't they?). The year long time jump combined with be shoved aside for Dempsey's exit really hurt their story IMO.  Not only were they in limbo for a year but it was proceeded/followed by barely a scene together. Alex went from "I'm gonna marry that girl" to these snippets of scenes, dropped story and big moments revealed by other people, losing all the impact. I was hoping for an actual breakup so there could be some scenes building towards a reunion but that's over now.

• Love 1

Penny trying to push Callie up against the wall and make out with her was so uncomfortable to watch.  Maybe it was the directing?  Maybe she shouldn't have so far to go?  It was like she was at football practice trying to movie tackle dummies.  I will say I was immediately offended by this happening in the stairwell which I believe was the spot of one of the early Callie/Arizona kisses which certainly displayed more chemistry in it's brief 10 second scene.  I just wish Shonda would stop trying to shove this relationship down our throats.  I agree with the poster above, chemistry levels went below zero last night as I rocked in the fetal position.  Callie deserves so much better.  No, screw Callie, WE deserve so much better. 

• Love 9

Callie deserves so much better.  No, screw Callie, WE deserve so much better. 

Callie is apparently completely fine with it all, so I don't feel bad for her. However, that stairwell scene was SO uncomfortable to watch. They looked like a couple of teenagers going at it for the first time. Was that supposed to be sweet and endearing? It wasn't. 

I have a horrible feeling they're setting up Alex and Meredith. The "Are you in love with Alex?" thing came out of nowhere and Meredith's facial expression as Alex and Jo were making out was weird as hell. I'm not liking it. 

Overall, I found the episode kinda meh. The therapy bits saved it. I couldn't care less about any of the medical stuff. The prodigy kid thinks she knows better than the doctors shtick got really old. 

"Arizona considering dating again" amounted to 5 seconds of her preparing to go out. LOL.

Edited by Joana

That whole reveal to Amelia about his sister seriously annoyed me. You don't talk about it? Clearly, that's not working for you. Screw Meredith needing therapy, Bailey needs to get Owen in there because his pathological inability to work with Riggs without screaming over patients' heads should be completely unacceptable behavior.

Which has been Owen's philosophy on everything since the character first showed up. "What happened in Afganistan?" Owen: "We don't talk about it." "Why do you want kids so bad?" Owen: "We don't talk about it." "What happened with your sister?" Owen: "We don't talk about it! Wash, rinse, repeat, I would fire his sorry ass! Of course I could see him at a new hospital: "What happened at Grey Sloan?" Owen: "We don't talk about it." 

• Love 6

I was hoping that they would bring the good-looking policeman back, but I guess he was the one that Callie said was dull? I know the actor was filming The Returned, as well, but that was cancelled. 

it's so hilarious that Callie said that policeman was dull but yet she is so in love with Penny.  

I think that the scene in the car was her wanting that feeling again in general, not with Alex.  But I also know that whenever a Grey's character says something vehemently, it usually means the opposite, so I am a bit concerned that they might go there.  The "Are you in love with Alex?" kind of came out of nowhere I think.  It wouldn't suprise me if they were keeping Alex vague with Jo in case Meredith and Riggs don't work out.  

I completely agree you about with vagueness to sort of keep the option open.  But, in the therapy sessions, at first I was worried she was going to go on and on talking about Alex the entire time and thus the "are you in love with Alex" question.  But as the sessions went on, it seems clear to me that she was just babbling on about everyone (not specifically Alex) to keep from having to talk about herself and her own issues.  I do think the MerLex thing has been shut down for now.  Who knows later on if things don't go as planned with Meredith and any new guys (including Riggs).  We know Shonda & co like to make things up as they go along.  

See, I think it is resolved.  They are back together and that was their "storyline."  The many, many questions that still linger just aren't going to get answered. Including "is everything completely fine with Jo and Meredith now?"   I guess so, especially since Meredith "offered Alex up on a silver platter for Jo," which, um, ew and grrrr.

Maybe it's just hopeful thinking on my part, but I think we are going to see more of them talking and facing their issues.  We know Alex wants to marry Jo but she still hasn't said yes.  If the writers intend on keeping them together we are going to need to see an eventual engagement and wedding.  So I am hopeful there is more discussion to come as to why she said no (did she even say no?), etc.

Ugh- a lot of major media outlets (EW, TVLine) are pushing the MerLex thing.  Please god no.  I have loved this show faithfully for 12 years but I am 100% gone if they go there. 

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 3

Ugh- a lot of major media outlets (EW, TVLine) are pushing the MerLex thing.  Please god no.  I have loved this show faithfully for 12 years but I am 100% gone if they go there. 

Ditto. It's a complete dealbreaker for me. 

I've always though that pairing would be as possible as, say, Richard-April. And about as welcome, as far as I'm concerned. But a lot of people are on that bandwagon and for the first time I'm actually seeing some signs in the show itself (though hopefully it's just me being paranoid) so I don't feel good about it. 

• Love 4

The surgery scene with Riggs and Hunt in the OR was ASTONISHING.

A huge part why I continue to watch the show is the thrill of saving somebody´s life under difficult circumstances, how doctors manage to reverse the fate of somebody´s destiny, how they master their craft, especially how they collaborate to literally take the human body away from death. 

Both actors were so great in the scene. Absolutely fabulous.

Really interested in Megan and the story there.

Meredith´s therapist is such a nice guy.

I loved Richard´s facial expression in the elevator. Priceless.

Edited by Meredithfan
  • Love 8

it's so hilarious that Callie said that policeman was dull but yet she is so in love with Penny.  

Exactly! Shonda will push whatever agenda necessary to tell the story she wants to tell, no matter how bad it is. And since Penny is the new 'it girl' of the season/series, she will be thrust upon viewers until she's tolerated or loved, no matter what characters are taken down in the process.

ETA: I really enjoyed Cross working with Alex. More of him, less of Penny.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 1

The episode was nice. I was expecting something awful after reading spoilers, but I liked it.

I found that girl really annoying, though. I didn't feel sorry for her or her mom at all and I was expecting something really bad to happen to her, but she was okay in the end. Anyway, Alex is such a good doctor. I wish I had a doctor like him when I was younger. Such a great man.

I loved how Meredith was gossiping about everyone to her therapist. I used to do the same thing with my therapist. I would totally avoid my issues and just talk about my friends and family lol not the healthiest thing to do but it was very nice haha

I find it so funny how so many people are against Merlex. I don't ship them but I'm not against this ship either. I've watched so many stories of best friends/almost siblings falling in love and I shipped it most of the times so I guess I'd be okay with Merlex if it were to happen, which I doubt.

Callie and Penny kissing was the most disturbing scene of the night. So awkward. I wish I could unsee that.

The scene with Nathan and Owen doing that surgery together was really well done, I loved it. I even liked Nathan this episode.

I wish I didn't have to see Jo, Steph, Penny and Ben hanging out because I really don't care about their friendship. It seems so forced.

Arizona needs more screen time! 

Maggie and DeLuca were kinda cute, but I'm not interested.

Overall it was a good episode. Nothing great, but a good one.

• Love 2

Alex and Meredith are so going to happen the writing is pretty much on the wall. I think the therapy thing was meant the illustrate that Meredith doesn't realize her feelings for him yet. Alex is become a HUGE part of her life and I think she depends on him more than she realizes and talks about him more she realizes. I only wonder how exactly it will play out. If she will start seeing someone else first or what. I am also glad Alex is fully committing to Jo because I think that it will be good for him to see whether things work out or don't solely based on how they work as couple and not because of outside people getting involved. I think that he and Jo will give it a go and it won't work out.

Maggie is like my new favorite and I am into her/Andrew.

Amelia sigh...LOL I was actually telling my mom about the last episode and Amelia and we both couldn't stop laughing.

Owen and Riggs-does anyone care about this? I always feel so badly for Kevin Mckidd...he is better than every plot he seems to get.

Callie and Penny is another don't care. Callie annoys me in all her relationships. She is the girl that alone is awesome and in a relationship seems to change to another person.

• Love 1
Penny trying to push Callie up against the wall and make out with her was so uncomfortable to watch.  Maybe it was the directing?  Maybe she shouldn't have so far to go?  It was like she was at football practice trying to movie tackle dummies.

This scene was so awkward, and actively made me care LESS about Penny and Callie because their chemistry was so non-existent. I'm sure the woman who plays Penny is a lovely human in real life, but her character is just not working for me.

Maggie and the cute resident, though? I'm here for them. 

• Love 3