Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Code Of Silence

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Did anyone notice right before the party when Felicity tells Oliver he has her vote and he leans down to kiss her, his lips are very pink from her lipstick? Before the kiss? I'd like to think they were doing a lot of kissing while getting dressed for the party. Small crumbs of Olicity, I know. But I have the feeling we won't be getting many sweet kisses for awhile. Is there a gif out there to get me through next week?

Edited by Sasha
  • Love 4

Maybe "in my bones" is code for "I have no idea who this person is".

Now that I have vented my spleen at Thea telling Oliver that he was right to keep William a secret from Felicity, I started to wonder who they should have given those lines to, assuming that MG was determined to have someone say them.  I think the only person who could have would have been Diggle.

Quentin Lance would have been as hypocritical as Thea in saying them since he froze out Laurel last season for not telling him about Sara.  And it couldn't have come from Laurel because that would mean erasing all the growth from realizing she shouldn't keep secrets.

It shouldn't come from Donna, especially after Felicity told her to trust her man and even more because of her bullshit detector. There is no way she should support Oliver lying even more than going against her own daughter.

So that leaves either Lyla or Diggle.  It would have been better if it were Lyla but since she wasn't in this episode, that leaves only Diggle.  He could have crossed his arms, called Oliver an idiot, and told him to get his act together and while now was not the time, to tell Felicity as soon as possible.  It would be supporting Oliver in his current situatin and yet not a blanket agreement as Thea was.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Did anyone notice right before the party when Felicity tells Oliver he has her vote and he leans down to kiss her, his lips are very pink from her lipstick? Before the kiss? I'd like to think they were doing a lot of kissing while getting dressed for the party. Small crumbs of Olicity, I know. But I have the feeling we won't be getting many sweet kisses for awhile. Is there a gif out there to get me through next week?

Kissy gifs from this episode (source):

tumblr_o2q6nfaAhF1rge6ixo1_500.gif

tumblr_o2q6nfaAhF1rge6ixo2_500.gif

• Love 4

Thank you lemotomato! I suppose to get me through this crisis I will have to rewatch all kisses. Ad space should sell for more dollars right before Olicity scenes since those are the ones I rewatch. As in I know to hit the play button when I see the Campbell's Soup ad. I have my fast forwarding down to an art.

Let's compare Quentin's lie to Oliver's lie (since the EPs have drawn that parallel in this episode)...

One reviewer pointed out that the primary impetus for Quentin's lie was not a lack of trust or even protecting Donna (though that was part of it), but shame: "Lance is still very much ashamed of the fact that he was working for Darhk and HIVE, and then with HIVE being responsible for Felicity’s injury, he didn’t want to have to admit his connect[ion] to HIVE to Donna."  In other words, he didn't want to lose Donna's respect or their relationship.  Quentin was protecting himself.

Using this rationale, the parallel to Oliver's lie might make sense.  Then the primary impetus for Oliver's deception of Felicity is not a lack of trust or even protecting William, but shame - shame that he used to be this shallow, womanizing rich boy who cheated on his girlfriend and got one of these other women pregnant.  He doesn't want to lose Felicity or her respect, so he is protecting himself. His motive is essentially selfish.  His thinking is still wrong, though.  Felicity knows who he used to be and believes that he isn't that person any more, so she would understand.

The problem - and where the show's logic fails - is that the EPs, using Oliver and now Thea as their mouthpieces, keep justifying Oliver's secret-keeping and lying to Felicity as based on the more noble motives of Oliver wanting a relationship with his son and protecting his son.  That is where the rationale makes no sense, because as many of us have pointed out in this forum, telling Felicity would not jeopardize either Oliver's ability to see his son or jeopardize his son's safety.  If anything, Felicity would be a great help in keeping William safe.  So by relying so heavily on this supposed noble rationale, there is no parallel with Quentin's lie to Donna.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

It all boils down to me to Quentin lying to Donna was backed up by the narrative we're watching. I understand why he lied. Oliver lying to Felicity is crazy bananapants insane troll logic bad writing that expects me to be stupid while watching tv. Nah, son.

• Love 16

For me, it all boils down to Marc Guggenheim being so insistent on this storyline that the characters, especially Oliver and now Thea, have to suffer for it. You can't honestly tell me that, under any other circumstances, Oliver would pull this shit NOW, in season four, with all the growth that he has accomplished. You can't tell me that Thea would be so gung-ho about a lie, and Oliver would THANK her for telling him that it's ok to lie. Nah, I don't buy it. This has gone far past a character problem now: it's a showrunner's problem and blindness over this storyline that if he can't see the problems, the characters can't see the problem. 

I know I asked this on another thread, but I'm going to mention it here too: where do we draw the line between characters and creators? Because there's a reason why most of the writers ignored the BMD until this past episode.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 2
I know I asked this on another thread, but I'm going to mention it here too: where do we draw the line between characters and creators? Because there's a reason why most of the writers ignored the BMD until this past episode.

In pretty much any other TV show, this storyline would have gone in a much more streamlined way. Oliver found out about kid in 408, the next episodes would go:

- Oliver trying to tell Felicity about the kid in the limo in 409 but getting interrupted

- Oliver struggling with the secret in 410 bc Felicity was in the hospital, but talking to someone about it [Diggle] who convinces him to tell her. Oliver telling Felicity at the end of the episode, but dun dun dun William is kidnapped.

- 411: kidnap dealt with. Then whatever outcome that pertains to the O/F relationship specifically would be dealt with right after the kidnapped was solved, either still in 411, or in 412.

But Arrow [Guggenheim?] likes dangling plot devices, and then pretending they don't exist for the characters, while the audience sits pretty waiting for the payoff. They think they can let the audience stew on a dangling storyline and that that's how serialized television works. [PS: it's not.] So the writers determined that the secret would come to life in episode 415 -- probably because that's the last episode of Sweeps, and it's followed by a 2 week hiatus -- so they let a bunch of episodes go without anyone touching the BMD storyline, because it wasn't the pre-determined time to do it yet.

• Love 9

The problem with dangling this plot over our heads and drawing out the moment it finally drops is that it's filling me with dread for the next episode rather than anticipation.

It's actually making me not want to watch which, I'm assuming, is not the response a show runner should want from their audience.

• Love 3

Dangling plots do add for more excitement sometime. The problem is that this dangling plot is illogical, because OQ would have tried somewhere in the last few weeks to probably say something, do something, or at least have it cross his mind once in the last few weeks. He definitely would have said something after MM mentioned his son, even if it was a phone call to BM to ask her again if he could tell others or at least give her a heads up. Which is why it was so dumb that they had MM talk about W to OQ & he did nothing, and then the next week TQ mentions W & again OQ does nothing. Not even Ollie was that dumb pre-island.

But then I remember that the point of storyline is PLOT. It is not for character development or even the progression of OQ's GA journey. It is simply extraneous PLOT for PLOT sake. I'm not even sure if it will affect how I see the characters because this storyline is more illogical & poorly designed with more holes everywhere than a House of Cards made of swiss cheese. So I've cocooned myself from the fallout of this story because there is nothing in this storyline that implies that I should be putting any effort or merit to the story being told. It will break-up O/F because that is its purpose, but as soon as the allotted time is up, O&F will get back together because there was no reason they broke up in the first place.

• Love 4

I would feel much more sympathy for Oliver if, instead of Thea telling him that he's absolutely right to lie to Felicity, Diggle or Lyla or even Donna would have said "I understand why you did it, but man, you need to tell her soon". And then Oliver wants to but Darhk makes his move before he has the chance to actually be able to (e.g. Felicity is too tired after the party and falls asleep on him)..

• Love 1

I'd have more sympathy for Oliver if we'd seen him struggle with the lie more than once and more than what happened in this episode. I actually would have liked a couple of moments where it looks like he's about to tell her the truth but he's interrupted or something. I'd feel much better about the whole thing but other than Malcolm mentioning William in 413 and the brief mention of visits to CC, it was like Oliver forgot William even existed. BADLY DONE, SHOW!

• Love 9

But then I remember that the point of storyline is PLOT. It is not for character development or even the progression of OQ's GA journey. It is simply extraneous PLOT for PLOT sake. I'm not even sure if it will affect how I see the characters because this storyline is more illogical & poorly designed with more holes everywhere than a House of Cards made of swiss cheese. So I've cocooned myself from the fallout of this story because there is nothing in this storyline that implies that I should be putting any effort or merit to the story being told. It will break-up O/F because that is its purpose, but as soon as the allotted time is up, O&F will get back together because there was no reason they broke up in the first place.

Exactly. Here we are, mid season 4, and once again we're sacrificing character for plot, something I thought we were done with after dealing with R'asshole and his not so merry men.

But no - the idiot plot is back, and this time it's worse than ever. I mean, at least last season we didn't have one of the characters being held at gunpoint to deliver a massively out of character speech in order to act as a mouthpiece for a deluded showrunner.

I usually ignore the creators completely, and I do that in every tv show or movie I watch. Basically, my favourite critical theory since university has been the Death of the author (warning: LINK TO TV TROPES PAGE!!) which, in short, says that the viewer's interpretation of the text is just as valid as the author's, sometimes even more so. So I use this in ignoring any authorial intent and just going with what I see on the screen. For example, all of Oliver's fucked up shit in Season 3, to me, was justified as a direct consequence of PTSD following his mother's violent death, which he witnessed.

However here, I can't do this anymore. Because none of this makes sense. It makes no sense to me that a man like Oliver would develop an insta-relationship with a child who he doesn't know, like at all, just because they share DNA. It makes no sense to me that Thea, eternal whiner about people lying to her, would say something like, "S'ok! No big!"

So basically, I'm just gonna hunker down; duck and cover, so to speak, and wait for the shitty storyline to go away. But I can't deny that I'm worried - because to have such a bad reaction to criticism that you treat a character like your fricking mouthpiece, and make her give such a terrible unnuanced speech, that doesn't speak well to the quality of the show going forward.

• Love 5

Personally I'm glad the writers jumped the shark of this storyline by giving TQ her speech. The moment the sacrificed the intensity of their plot last episode to give MM a chewy gotcha moment, I knew even the plot would tank. But once they put the show runners I know better than you do propaganda in TQs mouth, I finally able to accept the story for what it is bad plot. For me there is no character assassination because I'm just waiting for this year's annual arrow characters present dinner theater performance to be over.

• Love 1

414 (Code of Silence) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Arrow."

414 (Code of Silence) - Oliver meets Ruvé Adams and is showered with pink glitter:
Thea: "Merritt Davis will be moderating the debate. There will be a podium there, another one there, and according to tradition, the selection's made by some coin toss thingy."
Ruvé: "Mr. Queen. At last we meet."
Oliver: "Ms. Adams, I'm just curious. Is Adams your maiden name?"
Ruvé: "Oh, I'm not married, actually."
Oliver: "Really?"
Ruvé: "Mm-hmm."
Oliver: "Well, I'm sure you just haven't met the right person yet."
Ruvé: "Well, it is lovely to finally meet you. An unconventional candidate, to say the least."
Oliver: "Bit of a dark horse yourself. Just meaning that your candidacy seems to have come out of nowhere."
Ruvé: "Well, generally, I prefer to keep my philanthropic works quiet, but the city is in simply too much trouble for me to remain in the shadows." 
Oliver: "Yes, it is. The people destroying our homes need to be fought in the light of day."
Ruvé: "Well, I hope that we have a productive debate, Mr. Queen."
Oliver: "I look forward to it... (Ruvé leaves)... Ms. Adams."
Felicity: "More like Mrs. Deceitful-Darhk."
Oliver: "I feel like Adams probably polls better."
Diggle: "It's not like we can prove that Adams isn't her real last name."
Oliver: "How is our opposition research coming?"
Thea: "Uh, nothing yet. She's apparently clean, but the more we do digging into her and her background, the more likely she's gonna dig into ours."
Diggle: "I think that's our cue."
Felicity (to Oliver): "Wait, wait. I really need you to take a look at these engagement party invites. My mom's been hounding me."
Oliver: "The envelope is very pink." (Starts opening envelope)
Felicity: "I know - wait! Don't... (Envelope explodes and pink glitter flies all over Oliver)... open it."
Diggle: "Should have totally seen that one coming."
Felicity: "I'm so sorry. What do you think?"
Oliver: "Maybe less glitter."
Felicity: "You look good in glitter."
Thea: "Yeah. Let's move out."

414 (Code of Silence) - Oliver makes sure Felicity is okay before tailing Ruvé Adams:
Oliver: "Are you gonna be all right in here?" 
Felicity: "Oh, yeah. Great Wi-Fi. Overwatch on."

414 (Code of Silence) - Team Arrow's trailing Ruvé Adams is a bust:
Laurel: "Okay. So clearly, we're not gonna find Darhk by tailing his wife."
Diggle: "Yeah. Well, it's not like we have a lot of moves left to make. Darhk has gone, well, dark ever since Machin attacked his family."
Oliver: "But Darhk is not afraid of Machin. He's just - his plan's gone to a new phase."
Thea: "And how do you know that?"
Oliver: "Because H.I.V.E. spent months trying to cripple this city's leadership. They discouraged people from running for mayor. They even tried to co-opt my candidacy." 
Felicity: "Yeah. Then Mrs. Evil threw her hat in the ring."
Oliver: "There has to be a reason. Darhk did not try and destroy Star City so that his wife could be mayor. There's something that we're not seeing."

414 (Code of Silence) - Donna is going overboard with engagement party planning:
(Oliver and Felicity enter the loft to find tons of decorations.)
Oliver: "Oh, wow." 
Felicity: "Oh, I knew we should have had Slade Wilson do the party planning."
Donna: "Hey, guys. I, um - you know, I - I don't know how I'm gonna get everything done in time."
Felicity: "Maybe we should cancel." 
Donna: "What?" 
Oliver: "I think what Felicity is trying to say is that we - we just don't - we don't want you working too hard."
Donna: "I don't consider this work. I - I think of it as a dry run for your wedding." 
Oliver: "Um-hmm"
Donna: "So listen. We are gonna have party favors over in that corner. We're gonna have a champagne tower right here. Hoo hoo! And we're gonna play games over by the fireplace. Oh, oh, oh. I brought my favorite - Pin the Junk on the Hunk."
Felicity: "Oh!"
Thea (entering): "Sorry. Is this bad timing?" 
Felicity: "For who?" 
Oliver: "Is everything okay?"
Thea: "Yeah. We got to, uh. -"
Oliver: "Yeah. Felicity:" 
Felicity: "Uh, ha ha! Where you going?"
Oliver: "Duty calls. Sorry. Sorry. Ahem."

414 (Code of Silence) - After Quentin's ambush, Team Arrow divides up tasks:
(Diggle is patching up Quentin's wounds.)
Laurel: "Where are you going?"
Diggle: "Yeah. If Damien Darhk has you in is gunsights, it might not be a good idea to show yourself in the open."
Quentin: "Uh, I'm meeting with Donna." 
Felicity: "Oh, she's fine. She's probably just playing Pin the Junk on the Hunk or something."
Quentin: "What?" 
Felicity: "Do not ask. Do not ask."
Oliver: "Stay here for a minute and let us do what we do." 
Diggle: "Look. I'm gonna check with Andy, see if he's ever seen H.I.V.E. use these tactics before. Besides, I'm on daddy duty now that Lyla's the head of Argus."
Felicity: "I'm gonna try and backtrace the call that supposedly came from Dispatch."
Oliver: "I am -"
Thea: "Going to go work on your debate prep?"
Oliver: "Yeah. Debate prep. Just took the words right out of my mouth."
Thea: "Yep."

414 (Code of Silence) - Felicity tells Quentin and Oliver that she got a lead on who lured Quentin to the hotel:
Felicity: "What did you do?"
Quentin: "Why - why - why - why you think it was me that did something?"
Felicity: "Because you're a man."
Quentin: "I'm trying to put some distance between us in case Darhk is after me because I can't stand the idea of anything happening to her, Felicity."
Felicity: "Yeah? Well, she looked pretty upset. 
Quentin: "Yeah. Oliver's not here." 
Felicity: "I was looking for you. I found something."
(Cut from police station to Arrow Bunker, with Oliver joining them.)
Felicity: "The 602 didn't come from S.C.P.D. dispatch at all. Someone just made it look like it did."
Quentin: "That someone being H.I.V.E. you're thinking."
Felicity: "There's an encryption on it that uses the same cipher of a H.I.V.E. SAT phone that Merlyn gave us". 
Quentin: "One more time."
Oliver: "They lured you to the hotel. Do we know where the call came from?" 
Felicity: "Price and 14th. A bunch of other calls came from there as well. I'm guessing it's their base of operations." 
Oliver: "Okay. Contact the team and have them meet me there."

414 (Code of Silence) - A damaged laptop leads Felicity to reminisce about the first time she met Oliver and he asked for her help:
Felicity: "Please tell me that the nails are the clue and not what's on the laptop's hard drive because there are three nails running straight through this thing."
Thea: "Yeah. The bad guys went a little crazy with that nail gun."
Diggle: "Yeah. According to Andy, they're called the Demolition Team, former GRU, IRA, and Mossad. They're experts at precision demolition." 
Oliver: "Now they work for H.I.V.E."
Felicity: "I got a look at the laptop before it got shot up, and there were blueprints on the screen."
Oliver: "So they are gonna take down another building. Felicity?"
Felicity: "I know. The first time we met, the first thing you asked me to do was pull data off a damaged laptop. It's kind of romantic."
Laurel: "In case the laptop is a dead end, I am going to work up a list of potential targets." 
Diggle: "Yeah, and Andy's supposed to get some more Intel. I'll see if he's made any progress."
(Felicity's phone beeps.)
Felicity: "Huh. Mom. Wonder what took her so long."

414 (Code of Silence) - Felicity has a heart-to-heart conversation with her mother:
Donna: I, uh - I - ech! - I didn't want to bother you when you walked in on us at Oliver's campaign office, but I -"
Felicity: "It's okay."
Donna: "No, honey, no, no, it's not. It's actually not okay."
Felicity: "It's okay."
Donna: "After your father, after all these years, I thought I finally found the one man - (Crying) who wouldn't lie to me, okay?" 
Felicity: "Maybe he's got a good reason."
Donna: "Yeah. Right. Honey, I want you to know that I'm really sorry that I've been going all momzilla for this engagement party. Do you want to know why I push the tiaras and the 10-tiered cake?"
Felicity: "Well, that's because you've loved princesses since before you could walk." 
Donna: "Yes. That and, um - I've been living vicariously through you. You and Oliver are one of those couples that everyone believes in. You don't lie to each other… ever, and he's gonna be the best daddy in the whole world when that time comes."
Felicity: "(chuckles softly)"
Donna: "You know that, don't you?" 
Felicity: "In my bones." 
Donna: "And when I see something that beautiful and that rare and that romantic, it also reminds me that, you know, I'm never gonna find a love like that." 
Felicity: "Yes, you will. You have it now with Captain Lance."
Donna: "No, honey, no, not if he's hiding something from me."
Felicity: "Maybe he's doing it to protect you, because he loves you, and you need to return that love with a little bit of trust."
Donna: "I love you." 
Felicity: "I love you, too."

414 (Code of Silence) - Thea confronts Oliver about his secret son:
Thea: "Why didn't you tell me you went to college with Samantha Clayton?"
Oliver: "I was with Samantha Clayton while I was dating Laurel. And I'm not proud of that. So -"
Thea: "So why did Mom pay her a million dollars?"
Oliver: "I told you, Mom is -"
Thea: "Ollie, I am - I looked her up. But after you guys broke up, she moved to Central City. She's got a son named William, about as old as that check is."
Oliver: "Thea."
Thea: "When we were in Central City, I - I knew something was bothering you. I knew it just wasn't Vandal Savage. Now it makes sense. William's your son, isn't he?"
Oliver: "Yes, he is."
Thea: "Why haven't you told anyone?"
Oliver: "Because Samantha said that the only way I could see him is if I promised to not tell him or anyone else that I'm his father."
Thea: "God, that's - that is brutal. Are you okay?"
Oliver: "I thought I was doing okay. I spent a lot of time convincing myself that I was - that I was trying to do the right thing. But then, you know, you brought this - the thing with the check, and - it's not your fault, but bringing it up right when we're trying to plan an engagement party. So I'm left to think, how can I marry Felicity if there's this lie between us?"
Thea: "It's not a lie. Okay? It's a promise that you are keeping to the mother of your child."
Oliver: "Doesn't make it right, Thea."
Thea: "Look at it from Samantha's perspective. As far as she knows, you are a rich playboy who slept with a bunch of women and got her pregnant."
Oliver: "I'm not that person anymore."
Thea: "Now you're the Green Arrow. Anyone who comes into your life is automatically a target. What Samantha is asking you to do, as hard as it may be, is the right thing to do. I know you want to tell Felicity, and, trust me, I would love to be an aunt, but you have got to do the right thing for your son here. As hard as this may be for you, Ollie, keeping William a secret is keeping him safe."

414 (Code of Silence) - Felicity asks Curtis why her face is his screensaver and he tells her it’s an early wedding gift:
Felicity: "Hey! Uh, hope I'm not bothering you. I, um - uh, Curtis, why is my face your screensaver?"
Curtis: "At the risk of early termination, um, none of your business." 
Felicity: "Curtis!" 
Curtis: "Please don't ask. I'm, like, super bad with secrets. Okay. It's an early wedding gift, but it's really bad luck if you see it, so please stop trying to see it."
Felicity: "Okay. I think you're getting your wedding traditions confused, but fine, I will let it go. Lucky for you, I have more important concerns. I maxed out the computer power in the lair again, and I was hoping maybe your mainframe might have better luck."
Curtis: "I'll do my best."
Felicity: "Thank you."
Felicity: "Really? Me on a screensaver. Hmm. Whatever this surprise, it better be good." 
Curtis: "Oh, it will be."

414 (Code of Silence) - Just before the debate starts, Felicity finds out that H.I.V.E. plans to take down the building where the debate is scheduled:
Thea: "So Ruvé's probably gonna question you on your party boy past, but if she does, we just got to -"
Oliver: "Oh, if she does, just steer the conversation back towards the issues. I've got it. Alex's mom kind of picked the wrong week to go in for surgery, don't you think?"
Thea: "I couldn't agree more. We got about 20 minutes until we're live, so how are you feeling? Are - are you nervous at all or -"
Felicity: "You know, I don't think that nervous is in Oliver's vocabulary." 
Donna (powdering her nose): "Yes, but translucent matte powder should be. You don't want to shine under those big, bright lights." (Starts powdering Felicity's nose.)
Felicity: "Hey. Why do - no. Why do we even need makeup? We're not even gonna be onstage."
Donna: "Reaction shots, sweetie. Plus I just - I love makeup."
Felicity: "Okay, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom." (Her phone is beeping.)
Donna: "What?"
Felicity: "I got to take this."
Donna: "Oh, okay. You know what? I'm gonna be right back. I hate this. It's a horrible powder puff. It's just - it's awful." (Leaves)
Felicity (answering phone): "That was fast."
Curtis (on phone): "You sound surprised. I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted."
Felicity: "Okay, Curtis. What did you get?"
Curtis (on phone): "Not much. Just a set of blueprints. Pretty underwhelming considering. I'm uploading it to you now."
Felicity (looking at her phone): "Curtis, I got to call you back. Oliver, I need you."
Oliver: "What's wrong?"
Felicity: "I know what building H.I.V.E. is planning on taking down. It's this one."
Felicity: "Okay. I have a million questions, but first, why would H.I.V.E. try to attack the debate?"
Oliver: "To take me out, discourage anyone else from running."
Thea: "Okay, but Darhk's wife is here at ground zero, so it doesn't really make sense -"
Oliver: "Unless Darhk's Demolition Team is gonna wipe everyone out except Ruvé."
Felicity: "Leaving Mrs. Darhk a sympathetic survivor instead of the pot of evil stew that she actually is."
Oliver: "Can you identify the likely areas the bombs would be?"
Felicity: "Yeah. According to the schematics, it's these three points, but this building, it's huge."
Oliver: "Which means we split up and cover more ground."
Thea: "Okay. Good thing we brought a change of clothes."
Oliver: "Call Laurel and Diggle. Can you hack the fire alarm? We need to evacuate the building."
Felicity: "It's an old system. It might take me a minute."
(Thea pulls fire alarm and it starts ringing.)
Thea: "Yeah. I - I learned that in high school. So -"
(Cut to outside the theater.)
Donna: "Hey, I finally found it. Where's Oliver and Thea?"
Felicity: "Oh, they're probably just inside, making sure everyone gets out okay."
Donna: "You left them inside? Honey, come on. We need to go help them. Let's go. (Making their way through the crowd) Excuse us, excuse us." 
Felicity: "Captain Lance, you're supposed to be not here." 
Quentin: "What kind of cop sits on the sidelines when people's lives are at risk, huh? You stay here."

414 (Code of Silence) - After the building is saved, the mayoral debate proceeds as scheduled:
Donna: "I checked the cafeteria, the green room, everywhere."
Thea: "Everywhere except for the bathroom apparently."
Oliver: "Sorry. A - ahem - nervous bladder, I think." 
Thea: "Oh, that was something I never needed to hear ever. Um, are you ready to go?"
Oliver: "More than ever." 
(Felicity and Donna watch Quentin handcuff one of the goons.)
Felicity: "Captain Lance never lets his man get away. You shouldn't either." 
(Oliver and Ruvé come out on stage and shake hands, as audience applauds.)
Oliver (to Ruvé): "That's nice applause. It's enough to bring the house down. Almost. Good luck!"

414 (Code of Silence) - Oliver is considered the winner of the mayoral debate by most debate experts:
Woman News Anchor on TV: "Despite a bomb threat, tonight's mayoral debate then went on as scheduled, with Mr. Queen being declared by most pundits the clear winner." 
Donna: "Ha! Of course he's the clear winner. He's marrying my daughter."
Felicity: "I think you're a little biased." 
Oliver: "Did Alex call with the new poll numbers?" 
Felicity: "Well, Bethany Snow's right. He doesn't have to. Experts are saying that you already won."
Oliver: "Experts aren't the voters."
Felicity: "Okay. Well, you at least have one voter in your camp. (Oliver turns to look at her) Meeee!" 
Oliver: "Only one that matters." (Kisses her)

414 (Code of Silence) - Oliver and Felicity hold their engagement party, and Curtis delivers hope of Felicity walking again:
Oliver (to Diggle): "John, could I introduce you to Laura Hoffman?
Laura (picking up wine glass from waiter's tray). "Ooh. Don't mind if I do... (To Diggle) John, hi!"
Felicity: "Laura was our neighbor in Ivy Town. She drove all day to get here." 
Laura: "Please. The drive was nothing. I've been waiting five months for this moment to finally arrive. Oh, hey. Have you started your wedding register yet? Because I may very well have the perfect gift idea for you."
Felicity: "Oh, let me guess. Slow cooker." 
Laura: "How did you - how did you know that?"
Felicity: "I'm telepathic." 
Donna (coming up): "Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt, but I need you both. Photographer is here. (Sees Quentin arriving) Did you invite him?"
Felicity: "Who, me? Uh... Ppfff."
Quentin: "Sorry. Could I - could I talk to you for - for a minute?"
Felicity: "Yes. Absolutely."
Donna: "Felicity."
Felicity: "What? The photographer's right over there. We will make it there just fine by ourselves."
Oliver (shaking Quentin's hand): "Nice to see you." 
(Oliver and Felicity are getting their pictures taken.)
Felicity: "Ahh. Aah! Is it possible to go blind from too many flashes?"
Oliver (to photographer): "Take a little bit of a break just for a moment."
Felicity: "I literally can't see a thing right now."
Oliver: "I think the cure for that is champagne."
Felicity: "Ahh. Dr. Queen, I do believe you are right. Curtis! Paul! So glad you guys could make it. Quick! Grab a glass filled with champagne."
Curtis: "Careful. He might drink the entire bottle."
Paul: "I like my bubbly. What can I say? Ah-ah-ah. Mixing a downer with all the coffee you've had in the last 72 hours, your head might explode."
Curtis: "Yeah. I have been pulling a lot of crazy hours. After my surprise was blown on my gift, I wanted to finish it as soon as possible." (Hands Felicity as small gift-wrapped box.)
Felicity (opening box): "Thanks! We forgot to register for, uh, microchips."
Curtis: "Actually, it's neither a micro nor a chip. It's an implantable biostimulant."
Felicity: "And why would I need an implantable... biostimulant?" (Stunned realization dawns on her face)
Curtis: "For walking."
Oliver; "Es -Curtis?"
Curtis: "In a perfect world, it will work in time for you to walk down the aisle. I mean, but it's pretty cutting edge, so I can't promise anything."
Felicity: "You're telling me that this little piece of technology's gonna help me walk again?" 
Curtis: "After it's implanted in your spine, yes."
Paul: "He's been trying to crack it for a while, but he needed a power source, something that would last a lifetime."
Felicity: "Palmer Technologies' power cell."
Curtis: "Exactly. Once I solved that, I knew this might actually work."
Felicity: "Oh, my God. I don't know what to say."
Oliver: "I do. Curtis, you're terrific. (Shakes Curtis' hand) Thank you."
Curtis: "Well, don't thank me yet. Still has to work."
Felicity: "It will work. I know it will. You come with me. We're about to make my mother very happy."

414 (Code of Silence) - DELETED SCENE: During his engagement party, Oliver talks to Thea about keeping his son William a secret from Felicity:
Felicity: "... We're about to make my mother very happy." (Leaves by wheeling away in her wheelchair)
Thea (coming up): "Well, that's a smile I haven't seen in awhile."
Oliver: "Yeah... I guess I just decided to look forward, instead of looking back."
Thea: "So you're okay with not telling her?"
Oliver: "No. I want to tell her. I hope that one day I can tell her. But right now I have to do what's best for William. It's like you said, keeping him secret is keeping him safe."
(They're interrupted by a phone call from Diggle, who's found a possible location for the Demolition Team.)
Oliver: "Thea."
Thea: "For what?"
Oliver: "Just saying what I needed to hear."

Edited by tv echo

Youtube title is wrong - this deleted scene is for 414, not 415 (I think this scene was deleted because there's an earlier, aired scene in this episode where Thea confronts Oliver about his secret son and tells him that keeping William secret is the right thing to do)...

Arrow 4x15 Deleted Scene - "Look forward instead of looking back"

(Hermandat)

Edited by tv echo