Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Life Of The Party / S02.E07: Monsters

When Peggy realizes she cannot save Wilkes on her own, she turns to her most unexpected adversary for help while Whitney makes a move to control the deadly Zero Matter.

While Peggy plans a rescue mission, Whitney searches for more dark power; Jarvis learns not to make promises he can't keep.

Promo:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Whitney Frost ascendant! Damn, I know she's the villain, but I thoroughly enjoyed her owning that council. That said, Dottie scared scares me.

Sporting of Jack to give Peggy the heads up.

ETA for second ep:
OK, I'll forgive the love triangle (See ya, Violet) for the scene with Jarvis describing the positive attributes of Wilkes and Souza.

Whitney really upped the ante these two episodes. To quote Smithers, she crossed the line from everyday villain to cartoonish supervillain.

You just made one mistake, Whitney: You messed with one Edwin Jarvis.

I hate to say it, but Peggy kind of screwed the pooch on this one. Interesting to see her fail pretty completely.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Love 2

I love Peggy, but there are not words to express how little I care about her romantic triangle drama bullshit. It's the albatross dragging the show down right now. Remember when Peggy's storylines didn't revolve around what man she was gonna date?

Whitney Frost is a great villain. She was legitimately scary pacing around Dr. Wilkes' cage.

Dottie and Peggy have SERIOUS chemistry. Dottie's a worthy nemesis. But it was stooooooopid to bust her out.

I feel so bad for Anna, but also...how dumb are you, to walk out there unarmed? Did she think they were gonna give Wilkes back if she just said please, or wagged her finger at them? ffs. The writers just made her look as dumb as a rock.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 8

Holy crap, Team Carter got beat down this episode.  Sousa gets attacked and loses his job as Chief, Wilkes was abducted, Thompson agrees to work against them, Dottie escaped, and Mrs Jarvis was shot.  This was a downer episode.

I think it's time for Peggy to call Howard, and Howard can begin work on putting together SHIELD.  Speaking of SHIELD, the rant about the enemies growing in the SSR was nice foreshadowing to HYDRA growing in SHIELD.

Dottie and Peggy have an insane amount of chemistry, and it's obvious how much fun Bridget Regan is having.

But with what Whitney did with shooting Mrs Jarvis, death would be too nice for her.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 5

I liked this pair of episodes, though watching two at once makes it hard to recall the fine details for discussion.

Dottie was great as always.  I mean, yeah, bringing her out from prison was tantamount to releasing her, but she actually did (surprisingly) accomplish the objective -- and anyway, it was fun to watch.  I would also say that seeing Dottie scared of Whitney made Whitney that much scarier.  Speaking of Whitney, I've enjoyed that her natural curiosity -- basically, her being a scientist -- never leaves her, as we saw in the scene with Wilkes.  She has to know how it works, to test and see results.

I don't think Anna's going to die (at least, I hope not!), but I appreciated that Peggy doesn't bother with telling Jarvis things will turn out fine -- they both know it's meaningless to say so, and simply being there for someone is the best you can do.

• Love 3

I loved these two episodes, but I will admit that a lot of it is simply because I fucking love Dottie, and her return was perfection.  Dottie's obsession with Peggy is so, so entertaining.  At times, I think she wants to be Peggy.  But most of the time?  I think she just loves her.  Oh, Dottie!  I get Peggy is amazing, but you have to know that is never going to happen.  Besides the awesome Peggy/Dottie moments, I equally loved her showdown with Vernon, her scenes with Whitney (especially when you could tell she was terrified of her, which really fucking sells how scary Whitney has become), eyeing Wilkens, and especially her banter with Jarvis.  In short, I love Dottie.  And Bridget Regan.  Especially in that dress that made her look even more beautiful. 

I did like that Peggy's injury from last week made her have to remain on the sidelines for the party (no doubt giving Hayley Atwell a bit of a break), but I found it amusing that she suddenly didn't see to have any pain in the second episode.  Incredible healing powers!

Jack is back and I'm still not sure what to make of him.  He still is working with Vernon and his ilk, but seems to see where this is heading and is trying to help Peggy on some levels?  I don't know.  Well, I guess it is nice that he automatically said no when he thought Vernon wanted to kill her.  At least that's one line he won't cross.

Whitney taking out Calvin and half the Council was awesome.  I loved how quickly Ray Wise's character got onboard and began sucking up to her.  He strikes me as someone who would totally be able to adapt like that.  And with Calvin gone, we now get more of Mobster Ken Marino, who continues to amuse me.

Oh, Ana.  I figured something bad was going to happen to her.  I don't think she will die (certainly hope they will avoid that cliche), but I can see this hurting her badly, and will no doubt send Jarvis over the end.  Angry Jarvis might actually be kind of scary.

I guess if I have to keep putting up with this goofy love triangle with Wilkes, Daniel, and Peggy, you might as well bring some entertainment value to it, with Jarvis trying to give out advice.  Not enough to save it, but hey, I still laugh.  Then again, Peggy/Jarvis never fail at doing that.

• Love 8

You know things are bad in Hollywood when the unstable mobster is the comic relief.

OK, I'll forgive the love triangle (See ya, Violet) for the scene with Jarvis describing the positive attributes of Wilkes and Souza.

That was golden.

I never would have thought that the Peggy of Season 1 could get so completely out of her depth. Neither did she, I'd imagine.

Hayley Atwell has chemistry with almost the whole cast, including Jarvis and Dottie. I never think of Peggy's love life as bs; it's legitimately part of who she is, but it's not the whole of her identity. It's not the major driver of the story. I am somewhat surprised that Sarah Bolger wasn't used more.
  • Love 6

Man... It went down at the end of the 2nd episode, didn't it? Between Wilkes getting kidnapped, Sousa beat up and Vernon taking over, Dottie escaping after shooting the guard and Ana being shot(Poor Jarvis!) it was one thing after another!

Can I just say D'Arcy was the MVP of the episode? Between him requesting a sword and the animated (muted from the hairdryer) argument with Peggy over it, the conversation with Peggy about Sousa and Wilkes in the car and just how downtrodden he looked waiting in the hospital, he owned this episode.

• Love 6

Well. I feel that Whitney Frost would make a fine recurring villain. But with Agent Carter hanging over the edge, I'm fine with Jarvis shooting her in the head. Repeatedly. The bitch shot Anna. Who does that? The writers suck for bringing back Anna just to have her life endangered.

Man, Peggy cannot catch a break. The only real upside is that Dottie isn't teaming up with Whitney like I feared. Of course she'd escape. Peggy would have been better off telling the cop to sit on the trunk and not move. And how did Dottie get the poison necklace off?

Anybody else expecting Ken Marino's mobster to remark about actually being in Brazil?

• Love 2

That was an intense two hours! Between Ana getting shot, Wilkes getting taken by Whitney, Daniel getting attacked and having his office taken over, Peggy and Jarvis' rescue mission, plus Dottie now on the loose, everyone's had a pretty bad day. To put it mildly.

Dottie is one crazy, evil villain, but I admire her sarcasm game. "This is my surprised face." Jarvis and Dottie at the party were hilarious. Maybe they should've let Dottie take out Thompson after all. He's such a slimy little weasel. I was admittedly cheering when Whitney destroyed most of the counsel, aka, "those other pasty buffoons." Trying to capture her after you just watched what she did to that rat? Really?

While I appreciate that it isn't the sole focus of her character, I unabashedly ship Peggy and Daniel and I loved the scene in the surveillance van. I was holding my breath the whole time and I may have had a few choice words when the near-kiss was interrupted. Dammit Dottie. You couldn't have waited like 30 more seconds before knocking that dude out the window? Jarvis and his unintentional eavesdropping was funny.

The scene between Whitney and Dottie was perfect. "Well, I've moved on from that part of my life. It's taken too much from me for far too long. My childhood. My innocence. You know what that's like. I can see it in your eyes." Props to the writers for making them both so much more than one-dimensional villains. I love that a couple episodes ago, we got the Peggy/Whitney parallel and now a Whitney/Dottie parallel. And Dottie was trying to hide her fear. She's definitely not used to being the one that's afraid. Nice echo of that later when Dottie tells Peggy she's never seen her scared before. 

• Love 7
Oh, Ana.  I figured something bad was going to happen to her.  I don't think she will die (certainly hope they will avoid that cliche), but I can see this hurting her badly, and will no doubt send Jarvis over the end.  Angry Jarvis might actually be kind of scary.

I thought Angry Jarvis was scary in this episode! When he grabbed the gun, pointed it at Dottie, and snarled "LET'S GO"? He was legit terrifying. And you'll notice Dottie didn't give them any attitude after that!

I never think of Peggy's love life as bs; it's legitimately part of who she is, but it's not the whole of her identity. It's not the major driver of the story.

I think an argument can be made that her love life is at least a major driver of the season's overall storyline (plot), as they're pushing Peggy's romantic feelings for Wilkes as a major reason she's so intent on solving the whole shebang. Beyond that, I agree that her love life is part of who Peggy is, of course, but at the same time I'm deeply disappointed that right now, her love life is pretty much the only driver of Peggy's personal storyline, separate from the show's. Peggy as a character doesn't have much else character-based stuff going on right now beyond the love triangle (which is imo pretty manufactured--ymmv on that, I know, but the contrived nature of the love triangle is half the problem, since it seems so clearly to be manufactured just to be Peggy's storyline). And obviously mileage varies on this, but I'm disappointed that a show that wants to tout itself as so feminist has made its female lead's main personal storyline revolve around dudes and her romantic life. Because we don't see that on every other television show ever.

Oh, one other thing I really hated tonight--Dottie, who took out Thompson in 0.5 seconds while handcuffed to a table like three episodes ago, now gets punked by him like a beginner? Come on, show. I know that people always have plot-convenient levels of fighting ability (see Peggy's mysterious healing powers between tonight's episodes!) but that was so unbelievable.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 2

For a minute there, I thought the show was going to completely ignore the fact that Wilkes was black -- Jarvis' conversion about Peggy having two equal suitors -- but then Whitney acknowledged that he's 'colored'. ...Interesting swerve there, show.

• Love 1

Mr. Stark has a dirigible.  In the pool-house.

I thought the Peggy/Sousa near-kiss was off-pitch.  I can possibly see Sousa trying to kiss Peggy, but I can't see her going along, esp. with the relationship she's built with Wilkes.  Something not right with that moment.

Ana was shot in the exact spot Peggy was rebarred, so the writers that had the rebar miss everything vital last week, had better not have that bullet find anything vital to hit this week!

Excellent performances all around, I think.

• Love 3

I flove Dottie.  Her smack talkin' to Vernon was beyond balls to me (because he's Red Freakin' Forman and Red was just like one of my friend's Dad when I was a kid), her futile attempt to sway Whitney with common ground followed by selling me on genuine fear when Whitney got close and personal.  I was quite distressed thinking we saw the end of Dottie last night.

But shooting Ana?  Whitney, I have enjoyed your villainy, but you need to die.  Painfully.  And soon.

• Love 6

I didn't realize until this was pointed out (and probably because I only saw the movie for the first time recently) but having Ray Wise and Kurtwood Smith together in a scene is a Robocop reunion.

LOL about how Peggy miraculously healed literally the next day in the next episode.

Angry Jarvis is indeed intense and impressive.

Oh, one other thing I really hated tonight--Dottie, who took out Thompson in 0.5 seconds while handcuffed to a table like three episodes ago, now gets punked by him like a beginner? Come on, show. I know that people always have plot-convenient levels of fighting ability (see Peggy's mysterious healing powers between tonight's episodes!) but that was so unbelievable.

Last time Thompson was underestimating her in an attempt to one-up Peggy. This time he got her from behind and he was certainly not underestimating her, so I can buy it.

Edited by Diapason Untuned
  • Love 2

Rule number one when you know someone's trying to lure you into a trap - think about whether they're doing that so they can attack your base. Come on Peggy, I would expect you to be too smart to fall for this.

Though I only figured this is what Whitney was trying to do because I've seen this before on another TV show. I was like "Oh no, don't go out, stay put! This is just like what happened that one time on Buffy!" Hee.

Damn, I didn't even realize Bridget Regan is Dottie this whole time I've been watching the show. (Of course the last time I saw her was on Legend of the Seeker. Very different character.)

Yeah, I was so disappointed that Dottie didn't kick Thompson's ass. I guess she did take him by surprise last time with the table. This time he knows not to underestimate her.

Violet certainly made the right call. Sousa didn't even wait 24 hours after his engagement broke up before he tried to kiss Carter. As Chandler said about Ross "Bullets have left guns slower". 

Rule number one when you know someone's trying to lure you into a trap - think about whether they're doing that so they can attack your base. Come on Peggy, I would expect you to be too smart to fall for this.

They were dropping anvils all over the place that Anna was going to get injured (with everybody worrying about Jarvis). I'm going to go with Peggy being so recently injured that she wasn't thinking clearly. Plus, she was feeling guilty about letting Dottie on the loose.  I loved that Peggy told Dottie to turn right when she got out of the prison, but was waiting on the left to capture her. Those two totally get each other.

I loved that Jarvis was the first to escape his ropes. 

I expected to see Violet at the hospital.

I still think Thompson is working the long con. Going directly against Vernon like Sousa and Peggy have done just gets you put on the outside. If they all trusted each other, they could make it work (some people on the inside and some on the outside), but they don't. Yet.

• Love 3

Unpopular opinion: I'm totally fine with the love triangle. There are a great many love triangles out there that have been handled far, far worse than this one.

Peggy flubbed up. Poor Jarvis. Poor Ana. Poor Sousa.

Does evil FBI Red Forman really think taking over the ssr branch is going to stop Peggy, Sousa and co. from messing with things? It might cut off some of their resources, but Peggy managed to complete the mission without much of the SSR's help last season. She also has more allies this season to help.

Good to see Dottie back.

I want Jarvis to really kick butt next week. He deserves a moment in the sun.

Still want Agent CMM to die in a fire. I don't care if he might be slightly conflicted or whatever. Just go away forever.

I also like the continual comparison's between Agent CMM and Sousa we keep getting. Red used the "hero/glory" angle on Sousa like he used on Thompson and Sousa wants nothing to do with it.

Still loving Whitney.

Jarvis/James looked even more amazing in those glasses.

• Love 7

I'd be annoyed with the love triangle only if I hadn't shipped Peggy/Daniel since Season 1, and also thinking all three involved have fantastic chemistry. To each their own, of course, but that's why I have no problem with it. It's entertaining, and I watch TV to be entertained.

Poor Jarvis. The ending nearly broke me -- we so rarely see him uncomposed and frazzled to this degree. Ana is everything to him, and if he loses her -- I don't want to think about that. I don't think he will; that would be pretty dark.

• Love 6

Jarvis: This does create a bit of a sticky-wicket in regards to Chief Sousa.

Peggy: A sticky what?!

But Peggy would have known exactly what a sticky wicket was...

I took Peggy's reaction to be outrage, not confusion. "A sticky wicket" isn't just an awkward situation; the expression can carry the implication that a situation has become awkward because of either a screw-up or cheating. I think Peggy believed Jarvis was implying that she messed up.

Unpopular opinion: I'm totally fine with the love triangle. There are a great many love triangles out there that have been handled far, far worse than this one.

Peggy flubbed up. Poor Jarvis. Poor Ana. Poor Sousa.

Does evil FBI Red Forman really think taking over the ssr branch is going to stop Peggy, Sousa and co. from messing with things? It might cut off some of their resources, but Peggy managed to complete the mission without much of the SSR's help last season. She also has more allies this season to help.

Good to see Dottie back.

I want Jarvis to really kick butt next week. He deserves a moment in the sun.

Still want Agent CMM to die in a fire. I don't care if he might be slightly conflicted or whatever. Just go away forever.

I also like the continual comparison's between Agent CMM and Sousa we keep getting. Red used the "hero/glory" angle on Sousa like he used on Thompson and Sousa wants nothing to do with it.

Still loving Whitney.

Jarvis/James looked even more amazing in those glasses.

I'll join you in having no problem with the triangle, although I agree with the comment that Daniel seems to have got over Violet with a quickness.

I want Whitney and Evil Red Forman to torture each other to an ugly, lingering end. Maybe Evil Red Forman could fall into a containment vessel filled with zero matter and slowly and painfully dissolve, heh. Not that I want to watch it happening; I just need to know that they suffer. Thompson doesn't need to die, as far as I'm concerned; public shaming and career ruin would answer my needs for this character.

I love how aware Jarvis is of the effect of his glasses; his concern with his own esthetic is consistent, but somehow never obnoxious. (Of course, the delivery of lines like "And I'm talking to my eyeglasses like a madman" helps. D'Arcy continues to be a gem.

The whole cast looks to be enjoying the hell out of their parts; I think they're all having the time of their lives.

• Love 2

The SSR. Soldiers. Mobsters. Torture. None of that even makes Dottie Underwood blink. Peggy Carter? Amusing, but no. She wants to be her, or be with her, but even Peggy does not scare Dottie. What does? Whitney Frost. Legit scares the previously scariest person on the show. When a villain makes your best villain tremble you know they're for real. I like the fact Dottie got away though, so she can come back once the frost has thawed. I wonder though, did she manage to get out and kill the cop or did the cop stupidly ignore Peggy and open the trunk?

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 5

He totally opened that trunk.

Dottie Underwood for president. Seriously, this character is unbelievable. She can be anything you want on the show - the villain of the week, the overall antagonist, a foil for Peggy, the comic relief, the person who delivers the action,...

Edited by tanita
  • Love 5

I madly adore James D'Arcy because he gave me/us Jarvis.  Such a great character!  The scene where Peggy and Jarvis are acting out the scene with the noisy hair dryer in the background was a hoot and Dottie being tied up under the hairdryer while watching made me LOL.  I do feel that the casting director for this show was either brilliant or struck gold with all the actors.  I already knew that Hayley Atwell was great but I can't believe how great Wynn Everette and Bridget Regan are as villains.  I definitely need more Dottie Underwood.  She is one of the most deliciously chilling villains I've seen in such a long time and that says a lot to me since TV and movies are loaded with super heroes and super villains these days.

I do worry about the ratings and I hope that ABC gives us a 3rd Season because we need some kind of closure with Agent Carter and how SHIELD was started as well as HYDRA.  If ABC keeps backing AGENTS OF SHIELD then the least they can do is give the fans/audience more background.  Tuesday nights are ridiculously jammed with shows and that's unfortunate for CARTER because I can see this show becoming a cult classic.  Here's hoping that if ABC passes then NETFLIX is waiting around the corner.  I am not ready to let go of this series and its cast.

I don't mind the love triangle as long as Sousa ends up being the man...... so watch it be a totally new guy.  It always happens.  Sigh.

• Love 4

I was just starting to get worried that Jarvis was becoming nothing more than the comic relief so I 'm really glad we got to see him back in Ana's orbit. We got to be reminded that he's a husband utterly in love with his wife and brave, fierce hero in his own right.

I'm enjoying both Whitney and Dottie so much. Both actresses do amazing things with crazy eyes. Grimm could take a lesson in what makes for compelling female characters.

I wonder though, did she manage to get out and kill the cop or did the cop stupidly ignore Peggy and open the trunk?

I have no doubt that the cop opened the trunk. Remember Peggy's a woman and no cop is going to take orders from some English dame. And certainly not one who claims to be a government agent. 

I have no doubt that the cop opened the trunk. Remember Peggy's a woman and no cop is going to take orders from some English dame. And certainly not one who claims to be a government agent.

In his defense, why should he have taken her at her word? Some couple arrives at a hospital with a woman suffering from a gun shot wound (something that already makes them looks suspicious). They say something about an intruder (something easy to lie about) and that there is a woman locked in the trunk. Peggy didn't badge the guy and she's not famous. If Peggy and Jarvis were some kidnapping ring and he just let them get away with it, wouldn't he look bad?

So, the nice woman in the trunk starts telling him that she is a kidnap victim and  begging him to help her. He doesn't realize that she's a highly trained killing machine and figures he can take care of himself since he is a trained cop with a gun. Peggy really shouldn't have left Dottie in the car.  She knows how manipulative and deadly she is. The medical staff and Jarvis could have taken care of Anna (all Peggy supplied was a name which hardly matters).

We know Peggy is telling the truth and Dottie cannot be trusted, but the cop doesn't have that 20/20 point of view. He has to work with what is before him.. It's not normal behavior for a law enforcement person to put an arrestee in the trunk of an expensive car, so again, they are giving every sign that they are not who they say they are.

Peggy was really not firing on all cylinders this episode which is okay because she was ill.

• Love 2

Great evening of television! 

Several had mentioned in the thread that it was good to see Peggy lose; I guess I feel like we've seen Peggy lose a bunch, but only in a singular fashion- she was on her own last year when she was knocked down and drug around by the power structure within her office and everyone's willingness to paint Howard with the bad guy brush. Now, she's not alone anymore but rebounding the lost ball is par for the course (Ha! So many mixed metaphors!). Whether alone or with her team, she responds to adversity with grace and perseverance. Cool!

I'm leaning away from my previous belief that the council was made up of Hydra. These guys, though juiced, are acting like lightweights in the epic battle for world domination.

I wonder if Vernon really answers to the council or if he's under orders to do keep the council in the fold and placated. If there's a bigger shadow pulling his strings. Probably not or else we'd have actual foreshadowing. My fan wank knows no bounds.

I love the direction they've taken chief Thompson. He's a nasty piece of work, but he's doing his damndest to stay within the lines of his honor even though those lines don't necessarily fall within standard notions of right and wrong. I would imagine he's had very little input from anyone, other than his co-workers, that uphold sincere values as opposed to allowing the self-profiting ends to justify the means.

Wilkes & Peggy's kiss and Peggy and Daniel's almost kiss resulting in flustered Peggy was awesome. 

I figured this was a Joss plot of "you fall for it EVERY! TIME!" as soon as Peggy and Sousa identified the new found necklace signal as a (just not a ) trap (for them). Poor Ana. That's a Jarvis "I'll never forgive myself" sorta moment.

Whitney be craaazzeee. It was good to have her megalomania reduced by steps through her interaction with Wilkes. A villain should never be all powerful for very long.

Really great use of Dottie. Glad she's in the wind to turn up at an inopportune time. 

• Love 1

WOWZERS! What a pair of episodes!

Whitney Frost is now under Kilgrave/Purple Man as one of the top MCU villains IMO. She is scary as hell and even Dottie was terrified of her. At the same time I couldn't help but root for her taking over the council and killing her traitor husband.

Robocop reunion with Clarence Boddicker and Leon!

"I quite like my bacon." and "I'm not some chippie!" God I'm going to miss this show.

The Peggy and Jarvis friendship continues to be awesome.

Anna better make it.

• Love 1

Peggy didn't badge the guy and she's not famous. If Peggy and Jarvis were some kidnapping ring and he just let them get away with it, wouldn't he look bad?

If by "badge" the guy you mean show him her badge, she actually did. It was quick, but she identified herself as "Peggy Carter, SSR agent" and flashed her badge.
  • Love 1

If by "badge" the guy you mean show him her badge, she actually did. It was quick, but she identified herself as "Peggy Carter, SSR agent" and flashed her badge.

Yes, she did badge him.  But this is television OF COURSE the cop was going to do it anyway.  I remember during the 8th season of 24, a police SWAT team are ordered by the Feds not to storm a hotel where a suspect is holding out until they arrive.  So naturally, they ignore orders and get themselves killed.  That's television for you...

Though yeah, I suspect in this case it was because the cop wasn't going to take orders from a woman.

Releasing Dottie was a bad idea on Carter's part, I can't deny that.

• Love 2

Loved the use of Dottie. The scene between her and Vernon where she called his bluff. Priceless.  Hopefully she turns up to help Peggy against Whitney.  I can't see someone like Dottie not want to get revenge on someone who one upped her.  Plus I think even though she and Peggy are on opposite ends, she respects her.  I'm hoping she might grudgingly switch sides ala Black Widow.

I cannot believe how stupid Sousa was. Instead of stalling Vernon and telling him "yeah we can look into your stolen stuff. I got my best men on it, yada yada..", he basically told him to go screw off. Not a way to deal with the bad dude who is also a superior. 

the mob boss kissing up to Whitney. Priceless. 

Can someone just beat the crap out of Thompson already?  If he isn't playing the long con re: his relationship with Vernon, then he is dumber than a post and greedy for fame. 

Still on Team Sousa.  Love me some Enver Gjokaj.

• Love 2

There's a tablet kids' app game called Dumb Ways to Die in which you have to do certain tasks in order not to die. One of the tasks is "Don't push the button." Of course my 9-year old niece pushes the button and an animation appears showing she destroyed the world. I asked her, "Why did you push the button, that's the easiest task in the game?" She replied, "The game telling me not to do it made me want to do it." As soon as Peggy said, "Whatever you do, don't open the trunk." I knew it was a metaphysical certainty that he would open the trunk.

• Love 8

I loved these two episodes, but I will admit that a lot of it is simply because I fucking love Dottie, and her return was perfection.  Dottie's obsession with Peggy is so, so entertaining.  At times, I think she wants to be Peggy.  But most of the time?  I think she just loves her.  Oh, Dottie!  I get Peggy is amazing, but you have to know that is never going to happen. 

Or maybe it already has. Who knows what an impact being resoundingly pwned - twice - would have on a woman who only feels safe after she handcuffs herself to the bed at night.

Fun pair of episodes.  So happy that Whitney antimattered Chadwick... he was annoying and smug.  If only she could take out Jack Thompson next.  I'm still not exactly sure what's going on with him, he's obviously working with Vernon but I would assume has no idea what Vernon's master plan is?  

I've been calling Vernon "E.T." because of his big bald head, his wrinkles, and hisextremely thin neck.  The thinness of his neck is exemplified by the fact that his shirt doesn't fit.  Would it have killed the show to get him shirts with the proper size collar, or are they doing it on purpose?

I truly couldn't care less about Jason Wilkes, and wow, did I find him irritating.  Of course he is singularly obsessed with building his little frame contraption.  Meanwhile, Peggy is trying to rescue Dottie.

When Whitney was fretting about her face and not being able to appear before the board, her husband goes into her closet.  I was very convinced that he was going to pull out a gold Masque!

• Love 2

Nothing to really add except that last nights episodes were both hilarious and sad, and I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if this show gets cancelled...

And that Chief Sousa is so much more awesome than last season's subordinate Sousa. Here's hoping that suspended/ fired/ whatever Sousa is equally great.

• Love 2
I truly couldn't care less about Jason Wilkes, and wow, did I find him irritating.  Of course he is singularly obsessed with building his little frame contraption.  Meanwhile, Peggy is trying to rescue Dottie.

He's about to disappear into an alternative dimension and knows how to build a machine to do it. Wilkes can't do a thing to rescue Dottie (who would have rescued herself within a few seconds of Jarvis doing it). Wilkes's device work and made him corporal. His priorities were correct, IMO.

Meanwhile, Anna was doing an admirable job of helping Wilkes, so I don't fault Peggy working on her rescue/recover project.

I cannot believe how stupid Sousa was. Instead of stalling Vernon and telling him "yeah we can look into your stolen stuff. I got my best men on it, yada yada..", he basically told him to go screw off. Not a way to deal with the bad dude who is also a superior.

Sousa has no organization awareness at all. He can't figure out how to work within the system - he thinks the system should just do the right thing so he hits a brick wall when it does not.  Peggy wasn't too smart when dealing with Red either (thinking that she can convince him to do the right thing). That's why I'm hoping Thompson is playing a long con because I hate it when everybody is stupid about the same thing.  Capers are fun when everybody brings something to the table.

Who beat up Sousa? Was it some FBI agents directed by Red or some of Mafia-guy's mooks? It really sounds like Red was behind it, but those henchmen sounded like mafia enforcers sent over from central casting. Did Red direct the mafia goons? Is he getting on-board with Whitney's plans. At least Cal was horrified and wanted her controlled (even if he was an idiot about how to do it).  Ray Wise earned his zaaping from last week this week when he fully jumped onto her plan.

Can Wilkes zero-matter-sludge people too? He looked like he was going to try before he got bopped on the head. I'd like to see Mafia guy get zero-mattered.

• Love 2

Dark Red, Whitney, and Dottie are all such fun villains, but at the end of the day I hope Peggy kicks all of their asses.

Not much to add, except that the peggysous almost kissed was fantastic.

And, I wonder what Wilkes is hiding that he almost revealed when he lost his temper with Peggy. I was a bit surprised they didnt have Peggy & Jarvis talk it that on the carride to Mobster!Marino's house.

• Love 1
I find it kind of funny that Vernon, fighter of Communism, is being played by a guy who`s most famous role is playing a character named...Red.

I don't remember Clarence Boddicker going by that nickname.

On a related note. I've often wondered if his role in Robocop is why I've found Kurtwood Smith intimidating in other roles. (On some level I spent the first season of That 70's Show waiting for him to ask Bob if he could fly). Are there any non Robocop viewers here? If so, do you find Vernon intimidating?