Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: All Aboard!

• Start Topic

I have made my fair share of milkshakes at my local restaurant!  Into a stainless steel cup, add whole milk, 2 heaping scoops of ice cream and a squirt of chocolate/vanilla/strawberry fountain syrup and secure onto the mixer.  We didn't add whipped cream or cherries on our milkshakes like the ones served to Zoey.  

I'll take one of those please, Fog. Just toss in a shot glass or two of cold Italian roast espresso for flavoring instead of vanilla or chocolate. And you're right - no whipped cream or anything else on top either. No need to gild the lily...

• Love 2

Glad to hear it - that's great. Unfortunately, that hasn't been my experience with milkshakes. The few times I didn't finish one, it morphed into something VERY thick and gluey in the fridge. Quite nasty and undrinkable. Of course I haven't had one for probably 35 years now - maybe the tech has changed? LOL. 

I bet you're right about that. My shakes were likely full of ingredients - none of which were milk or ice cream :>)

I guess I normally try to get malts and not shakes so maybe that makes a difference.  And similarly I add a lot of stuff to mine, mainly hot fudge, caramel and marshmallow ;)   Maybe it's the marshmallow that leaves mine smoothie-like!

Edited by gunderda

I like the kitchen table being customized so they can get in and out without step stools or having to sit on boosters.  Zoey sucked her fingers the whole time she was talking to Jen about the spicy meal without one correction.  Her hand and fingers must get washed a lot, yuck!  I noticed Jen looking over at the camera or producer during that "scene."  I also noticed Will looking at someone when Jen left with Zoey to take her back into her bedroom. 

From my experience with small kids as well as my own, what Zoey was doing was not sucking her fingers. She was trying to soothe the interior of her mouth because of the spicy food just as us older folks will drink water or eat a piece of bread to soothe the feeling after eating hot or spicy foods. I once saw a child who did not have arms, put one of their feet into their mouth to soothe the burning sensation after having eaten something that was too spicy.

I saw will sitting on a booster seat as they ate the spicy dinner.

• Love 2

Zoey's fingers are in her mouth all the time, Will sucks his thumb and Zoey sucks her fingers.  I did notice she put more fingers in her mouth than normal so I agree it was because of the spicy food.  I guess the booster seat matches the chairs as I didn't notice the difference.  Jen being almost the same height as Will likely means she had one too.

• Love 1
On 2/16/2016 at 7:25 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Bill's narrating is great.

I could watch Bill and the kids go bowling and play the claw game for a solid hour.

Bill has a great, soothing voice.

I found my stress level going up while watching the kids bowl. It just transported me back to my kids bowling and my nerves being shot as I barked at them to quit 'lofting' the balls. I also take my class bowling 3 times a year and it's the same constant vigilance against 'ball lofting'. What makes all kids think it's okay to toss 4 lbs balls onto onto nicely waxed lanes? And Bill has GOT to control his nervous/embarrassed laugh when his kids behave inappropriately. It just sets them up to misbehave, but then the kids are going to be confused when he sternly chastises/disciplines them because the cameras are off. (Meanwhile, I am barking at the kids through the TV - "STOP IT!!")

On 2/16/2016 at 10:09 PM, minx said:

I'm obsessed with Zoey's adorable clothes. Love her bowling outfit, the pink sweater with the longer blouse.

Plus it helps that she is so darn CUTE!!! Jen must love buying her outfits as Zoey never appears to mind wearing all the accessories.

On 2/17/2016 at 4:52 AM, Vandy10 said:

My mom was the queen of semi-homemade a decade before Sandra Lee and her tablescapes came along; believe me, I already know Manwich.

Meanwhile, my Mom raised me on Sara-Lee and Manwich sloppy joes. (Did anyone else notice Bill was the only one wanting buns with his 'manwich' concoction?)

On 2/17/2016 at 10:47 AM, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Will's screams seemed more than usual this episode, even the caption reference was "screaming."   He is a happy boy.  It seemed over the top yet no one said please don't scream.  

I find that every couple of years I will teach a 'screamer' (always a boy) and it always involves excitement re: upcoming food. One boy was very much a "Will screamer" when it got close to lunch time on class party days. His diet was always monitored strictly as he would steal/sneak food he wasn't allowed to have, so he would be overcome with excitement at the prospect of being allowed all that carb-laden party food. He would literally scream out the item as each plate was unwrapped. "Ginger cookies!!!" "Candy sushis!!" His poor mom was always so embarrassed, but she had to stay otherwise he would not stop eating (even when told the minimum per item - he'd always try to manhandle extras, hoping he'd get them because he touched them.) In hindsight, it's kind of annoying because every time these kids had no impulse control, yet they couldn't help who they were. But it is still hard to explain to regular kids. (BTW - what I often thought was 'thoughtful sharing' was the boys' way of controlling and monitoring who received what portion. If there was even one odd numbered item - it was going in their mouths before another person spied the discrepancy.

On 2/19/2016 at 10:55 AM, ButterQueen said:

Will and Zoey have come so far, having loving parents, and share their lives with us.....why does there have to be criticism of their development, instead of praise? No two children ever develop at exactly the same rate.

For the most part, I think viewers are fairly positive regarding most reality shows. That being said, reality shows make us compare and contrast what we see with our own lives. That's the allure.  I have been guilty of jumping onto a forum in a flash when something annoys me, as opposed to my slower response when something is really cute or fun. I swear I have to stop myself from logging onto the forums to rant every time Alex from 7 Little Johnstons whines about being 'so hungry' (Grrr). Some things just 'set us off' and I really don't think it's only limited to little people and their children. LOL, it's ALL the reality shows (that I appear addicted to). I also feel a lot less guilty (and appreciative) when someone other than me rants, and I am equally pleased when someone beats me to like-minded praise.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2016 at 2:02 AM, xldb2004 said:

I noticed there were a LOT of inflatable decorations in the yard this year.  I also remember Jen thinking last year the decorations were tacky and next year would be different and Bill saying...yeah ...right....

Lol

On 11/5/2018 at 11:40 AM, Chalby said:

For the most part, I think viewers are fairly positive regarding most reality shows. That being said, reality shows make us compare and contrast what we see with our own lives. That's the allure.  I have been guilty of jumping onto a forum in a flash when something annoys me, as opposed to my slower response when something is really cute or fun. I swear I have to stop myself from logging onto the forums to rant every time Alex from 7 Little Johnstons whines about being 'so hungry' (Grrr). Some things just 'set us off' and I really don't think it's only limited to little people and their children. LOL, it's ALL the reality shows (that I appear addicted to). I also feel a lot less guilty (and appreciative) when someone other than me rants, and I am equally pleased when someone beats me to like-minded praise.

Yes it seems we are addicts, doesn't it though?😊

• Love 1