Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Babylon

I thought the episode was pure rubbish. I'm surprised at how poor the show currently is, I don't remember it being like this.

I had to look up the writers on IMDB to see who has been response for these episodes so far, and I believe some of these guys are the original writers.

It just goes to show, maybe some things should be left alone

Hated it.  I don't mind a filler episode if it's good (M&S Meet the Were-Monster), but this was bad. 

It didn't seem like there was a COTW.  Seemed like a chance for Carter to ramble about whatever he was thinking.

I assume that the Lone Gunman and Dancing Mulder was fan service.  Disappointed that the Lone Gunmen didn't get much screen time or even talk. 

I hope that the X-Files doesn't get a reboot with Miller and Einstein.  I like Miller as NotMulder. who was amicable but flat.  He doesn't have that je ne said quoi quality that DD has. 

Einstein was horrible, and I hope that she DIAF at the season finale.  Mean-spirited asshole.  She comes the basement and insults them because she thinks that their careers amounted to nothing.  M&S saved a lot of people and put their lives on the line many, many times.  She shouldn't talk shit about what has happened to their careers. 

Einstein as NotScully is terrible and unlikable.  GA did a much better parody of NotScully in Bad Blood when Mulder was telling his side of the story,

Hated the ending with Miller and Einstein.  I don't care about them because I'm not invested in them.  So I don't care if they made up and learned a valuable lesson like it's some After School Special.  Plus, they have no chemistry together (although Miller is likable).

Compare Miller and Einsten's ending with M&S's ending.  Lots of chemistry even after all these years together and separate.  When they looked at each other, it did seem like they were the only two people on earth.  They absolutely adore each other.

• Love 2
No, they died (supposedly) in a S9 episode of XF.  And then their ghosts appeared to Mulder in the last episode of that season.

Yeah, CSM came back and he was a burnt out skull. There's still hope for The Lone Gunmen.

• Love 2

Learning that this was a Chris Carter episode, I think it actually fits as one of only 6 episodes. They're trying to hit all the classic episode types; this was "Chris Carter rambles on about religion."

Lazy and stupid.  This episode annoyed me from start to finish.

Mulder tells Einstein to "sit down and shut up" and calls her a "mugwump" (like he's a Potter-leve wizard or something, and she's mean?  Mulder asks idf words have weight (meaning) mass, and when Einstein says "duh, no" Mulder moves the goals so weight now means power.  Jerk.

I've always found GA extremely plain and could not GAF if she and Mukder  had any relationship at all.

One episode left and this show is consigned to the3 "Wayward Pines" file.

David Duchovny was in a movie called The Rapture a long long time ago.  As soon as I heard the trumpets I immediately thought of that movie.  It's weird, but I actually really like it.

• Love 1

David Duchovny was in a movie called The Rapture a long long time ago.  As soon as I heard the trumpets I immediately thought of that movie.  It's weird, but I actually really like it.

That was a really weird and unsettling movie (and also undoubtedly brought Mimi Rogers to the X-Files.)  I remember seeing it back in the day (I think for some reason I actually saw it in the theaters; Ebert really liked it.)  But I don't remember a whole lot about it other than Mimi Roger's gradual descent into Rapture-like thinking and David getting shot at the end.   Did the movie feature the trumpets?  I wonder if I should re-visit that movie someday. 

• Love 1

I rewatched the dance scene and is Skinner sitting at the table with The Lone Gunmen and Mulder?  From the left, it looks like Byers, Skinner, Mulder, Frohike, and Langley, but I'm not sure.  

I rewatched the dance scene and is Skinner sitting at the table with The Lone Gunmen and Mulder?  From the left, it looks like Byers, Skinner, Mulder, Frohike, and Langley, but I'm not sure.

I think that's the order. 

I had a hard time with the dance scene too.  I re-watched it to see who was at the table. 

I felt that I had to push people out of the way to get a glimpse of the table.  The lights and the crowd were distracting.  And I saw more ass than Lone Gunmen.

• Love 1

I watched this episode again last night and actually found it better on second viewing. The tone still off, the first part of the episode, Mulder's trip and the end felt like three different episodes sit he'd together rather than one harmonious hour of television. The potrayl of both Muslims and the White Texan population was problematic and the episode felt like it was lacking any true X-file but I enjoyed it a lot more. I can't quite put my finger on why.

The official account tweeted a photo and a gif of that scene, you can see Skinner clearly, which should help!

Man, Mitch Pileggi was criminally underused in this series.

Disagree with Fox about their photo. Scully should have been there. Dammit. :P

Agreed about Mitch being underused though.

I think that's the order. 

I had a hard time with the dance scene too.  I re-watched it to see who was at the table. 

I felt that I had to push people out of the way to get a glimpse of the table.  The lights and the crowd were distracting.  And I saw more ass than Lone Gunmen.

Yep that's how I felt too. Just way too crowded.

Same here. Didn't need to be in an ass showing video. That was just  O_o.

Disagree with Fox about their photo. Scully should have been there. Dammit. :P

I know!  There was no excuse why Scully wasn't there.  She's friends with Skinner and the Lone Gunmen too.  And I bet that she can throw back a few.

Yep that's how I felt too. Just way too crowded.

Same here. Didn't need to be in an ass showing video. That was just  O_o.

I would have been more forgiving if the Lone Gunmen got more than a cameo.  I can't believe that the money went to all those people instead of speaking roles for Byers, Langly, and Frohike.  Heck, throw in Frank Black.  I liked how creepy Millennium was.

the episode felt like it was lacking any true X-file but I enjoyed it a lot more. I can't quite put my finger on why.

Maybe because it wasn't an XFile.  It wasn't a zebra.  There was no twist or creepy factor.  No monster or alien abduction. 

Edited by spaulding