Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

Guiding Light

Recommended Posts

I've been watching some episodes from 1984. These are new to me as I never watched this show live. Not the best year, I gather it was in transition. Annabelle and Tony are cute. 

Josh and Reva are just awful. I know this is supposed to be true love or something but I find them an awful couple. I'm at the story where he's paralyzed and all he does is yell and she shrieks. I ff through most of it. Even without the yelling, I just don't see this great couple.

I also think Kim Zimmer isn't that great of an actress, or maybe it's how they were directing her. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/20/2019 at 3:22 PM, cleo said:

Josh and Reva are just awful. I know this is supposed to be true love or something but I find them an awful couple. I'm at the story where he's paralyzed and all he does is yell and she shrieks. I ff through most of it. Even without the yelling, I just don't see this great couple.

I always hated them. I never watched regularly, but I came in right around when Josh and Annie's relationship began. I liked them together and I hate how it was ruined just so Josh and Reva could do their usual "on again, off again" crap for the millionth time.

I know how soaps are (and even real life sometimes) but I can't abide by couples that come out of someone else being hurt and neither of them having any remorse over it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I never saw that, I saw bits and pieces when Reva died and Harley was there. I enjoyed that, I like Harley. 

Still on the tail end of 1984, been slow watching. I skip a lot. Beth and Lujack boring, the Brandon Spaulding story is boring. I've mostly been watching India's storyline.

I loathe Phillip. 

I dont know why Vincent I. never ended up as a long term main lead on any soap. He seemed to just do short term stints. He was attractive enough and a good actor. I like Lujack, it's Beth I find tedious. I just dont like the perfect, nice, bland characters. Prefer Mindy or India.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I've mostly been watching India's storyline.

India and Alex were gold together.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So it's really whiplash with the change in actors playing Phillip. It wouldn't be so bad without the complete personality change. GA goes from loathing and hating India and being obsessed with Beth to the new guy who just forgets about Beth and falls in love with India. 

Is the fact that Claire slept with Ed ever a storyline? Like the issue that she is pregnant with Michelle? Maybe I'm not there yet, but it's like they mentioned they slept together and then dropped it?

Not really into Kyle and Reva but Kyle is interesting at least.

So far I really think it was much much better in the 70s, with Alan, Roger, Holly, Amanda, original bitchy Vanessa. Wish I could see more from then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I missed Guiding Light, it one of the greatest soap opera era ever. But I have to admit in the last 5 years before cancellation. It was horrible. Ellen Wheelers destroy Guiding Light single handling. It sad. I was hoping reboot but now I know that it been 10 years gone, ain't going to happening. My favorite part of Guiding Light was back in the early 80's where there were double murder going on, and turn out Ross's girlfriend Carrie who responsible of murder of Diane Ballard and Joe Bradley. That was great storylines. The other ones the Lewis family, full of conflict and so on. There is so much to tell, but I can't remember all them. lol  I just want to say one last time about the Guiding Light.  I will missed Guiding Light forever. 

Edited by BigMonkey2019
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think the consensus among most GL fans is that it was a good show from the 70s up until the early 90s. The it began a slow decline (maybe not even that slow for some) up until cancellation. And while there might have been some good stories here and there after the early 90s, it's glory days were definitely behind it at that point.

Share this post


Link to post

So on the current season (6) of Crystal Chappell's web series Venice, there was a mini reunion of GL actors: Kim Zimmer, Beth Chamberlain, Orlagh Cassidy, Jerry VerDorn, Michael O' Leary, Ricky Paul Goldin and Michelle Rae Smith were all featured. Along with regulars on the series Jessica Leccia, Robert Newman and Tina Sloane.

It was pretty cool seeing them all together and filming in New Jersey. Though I think this web series still looks 1000 times better than GL looked at the end and I'm sure the budget is much smaller!

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

So on the current season (6) of Crystal Chappell's web series Venice, there was a mini reunion of GL actors: Kim Zimmer, Beth Chamberlain, Orlagh Cassidy, Jerry VerDorn, Michael O' Leary, Ricky Paul Goldin and Michelle Rae Smith were all featured. Along with regulars on the series Jessica Leccia, Robert Newman and Tina Sloane.

It was pretty cool seeing them all together and filming in New Jersey. Though I think this web series still looks 1000 times better than GL looked at the end and I'm sure the budget is much smaller!

Wow! I've got to watch the new season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2019 at 12:49 AM, Hiyo said:

I think the consensus among most GL fans is that it was a good show from the 70s up until the early 90s. The it began a slow decline (maybe not even that slow for some) up until cancellation. And while there might have been some good stories here and there after the early 90s, it's glory days were definitely behind it at that point.

Jill Pharren Phelps killed the show with her managing style and the show never recovered. She killed off Maureen  Bauer for a cheap ratings grab. It was under her watch, the show lost Alexandra, Blake and Mindy who were played by awesome actresses. The recasts left alot to be desired..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So I jumped ahead to 1987 bc I wanted to see when Harley first came. Except I dont think I can find her early scenes.

But Alexandra and HB in a relationship? That seems  really really unnatural. 

Nice to see Alan again and Josh. Especially Josh lol.

Edited by cleo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, cleo said:

I never saw that, I saw bits and pieces when Reva died and Harley was there. I enjoyed that, I like Harley. 

Still on the tail end of 1984, been slow watching. I skip a lot. Beth and Lujack boring, the Brandon Spaulding story is boring. I've mostly been watching India's storyline.

I loathe Phillip. 

I dont know why Vincent I. never ended up as a long term main lead on any soap. He seemed to just do short term stints. He was attractive enough and a good actor. I like Lujack, it's Beth I find tedious. I just dont like the perfect, nice, bland characters. Prefer Mindy or India.

Vincent I. was on All My Children for a long time from 1998-2013. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

https://people.com/movies/frank-grillo-wendy-moniz-divorce-19-years-marriage/

 

Frank Grillo and Actress Wendy Moniz Divorce After 19 Years of Marriage

The couple tied the knot in October 2000

 

Frank Grillo and Wendy Moniz are calling it quits after nearly two decades of marriage, PEOPLE confirms.

 

Court documents obtained by PEOPLE list their date of separation as February 21.

 

Moniz is asking for joint legal and physical custody of their two minor children — Rio Joseph, 10 and Liam, 15. The two also shared Remy, 23, who is from Grillo’s previous marriage to Kathy Grillo.

 

The couple, who met on the set of the soap opera Guiding Light in the late 1990s, were married on October 28, 2000.

 

A rep for Grillo has not commented.

 

According to the LA Times, the pair recently bought a four-bedroom home together in California’s Pacific Palisades in 2017.

 

Moniz is best known for her work on The Guardian, where she appeared from 2001 to 2004, and on Guiding Light from 1995 to 1999.

 

 

She later earned acting credits on Nash Bridges and Damages.

 

Grillo, best known for his work in the Captain America and Purge franchises, along with the TV series Kingdom and Fight World, will next be seen in Showtime’s Billions and the films Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard and Boss Level.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Tom Pelphrey who played Jonathan is now in Season 3 of Ozark on Netflix. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/8/2020 at 1:19 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Given how they were married to other people when they first got together...yeah, I'm not surprised. It took longer than one would expect, I guess, but still.

Hunt Block (Ben Warren) once told SOD that he would overhear them having sex in the dressing room next to his when he was on the show (I don't think outright named them, but he made it pretty obvious). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

32 minutes ago, UYI said:

Ooh!  I almost stopped reading when I saw it was Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman (I kind of think I'd like her, but I hated Reva and Josh and the way they ate the show SO MUCH I have a visceral reaction), but then I spotted Maureen Garrett's name and squealed.  Add in Liz Keifer and Jerry verDorn, and I am there!  Thanks for letting us know.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, UYI said:

Given how they were married to other people when they first got together...yeah, I'm not surprised. It took longer than one would expect, I guess, but still.

Hunt Block (Ben Warren) once told SOD that he would overhear them having sex in the dressing room next to his when he was on the show (I don't think outright named them, but he made it pretty obvious). 

Now, that's a name I haven't heard in a really long time...…..Hunt Block. He was great as Ben and as Craig on ATWT.

I was going to report the latest GL reunion but it's been posted. It will be the following cast members:

Scheduled for Apr 8, 2020

Kim Zimmer, Robert Newman, Maureen Garrett, Jerry ver Dorn and Liz Keifer will be on hand to say hello and answer some of your questions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, rcc said:

That was great fun seeing them again and hearing what they were doing now. Thanks for the link.

They all looked great especially Robert Newman. Lots of fun stories and memories. I have watched every soap on every network but GL & ATWT were my jam. I started watching around 1978. They were heads above all of the other soaps. The New York soaps were almost like theatre and CBS did them the best. IMO!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't had a chance to watch yet, just downloaded it to my computer so I can do so at my leisure and tested to make sure that worked, but just glimpsing everyone - even "Reva" and "Josh" - made me happy. 

I was never a soaps fan in general; GL I recorded daily for about ten years during the '80s and '90s (after sporadically seeing it when home prior to becoming hooked), ATWT I occasionally tuned in to when bored, and the rest I only knew anything of via skimming the Soap Opera Digest subscription I had for many years to further my GL obsession.

So while I was never a soap person, this show was not only an exception to that overall preference, but a significant part of my life for a time.  I even made a friend because of GL, back on the Prodigy message boards before the internet at large was a thing; we lived about an hour apart, started "talking" via private message after being so in tune with each other on the boards, and wound up getting together in person at first to exchange tapes and watch favorite scenes, ultimately connecting on several other levels and becoming friends who got together just to visit.  She died about five years later, and I still think of her when I'm reminded of this show.

So it has a place in my heart, and I'm glad someone pulled this online reunion together so I can revisit it and catch up with some of those I so enjoyed spending every day with for a time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

There was another live stream yesterday, this time just with Kim and her son, actor Jake Weary (star of the show Animal Kingdom), and there are at least two other live stream reunions that might interest y'all coming up: one this April 15th at 3 PM Eastern, which based on the thumbnail looks like it will include Grant Aleksander (Phillip), Michael O'Leary (Rick), Tina Sloan (Lillian), and Beth Chamberlin (Beth 2.0), though I'm not sure if it means all of them or just a few of them, or if anyone else is expected to show up, either--I would certainly hope Krista Tesreau (Mindy) is there, for example! 

The second is on April 22nd at 3 PM Eastern, and will include some dual stars of both GL and General Hospital. 

The YouTube channel for the host, Alan Locher (who worked in the PR department for ATWT and GL for 13 years) is linked here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNPcdsYALLUzTH1Hf8EoPwQ

Edited by UYI
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Another great GL Reunion. It was great seeing Tina, Yvonne, Michael, Beth & Grant. They all looked great which isn’t to believe since it’s only been 11 years but you never know. LOL!!! Alan Locher said Krista Tesrau would be on in a few weeks. There’s another GL Reunion with a lot of the current GH stars with Laura Wright, Cynthia Wattros, Emme Rylan. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The original adult Blake, Elizabeth Dennehy, announced the passing of her father, the legendary character actor Brian Dennehy.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Great reunion. Maeve Kinkead is amazingly beautiful. Kurt McKinney looks ruggedly handsome and should be in soaps now. Bryan Buffinton is now 40 and Gina Tognoni is of course a beauty. They were so happy so to see each other and just got along like long last friends. Gina made a good point which I always knew was that there something about the East Coast soaps. They were closer because they worked in small studios and had to walk everywhere. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Great reunion. Maeve Kinkead is amazingly beautiful. Kurt McKinney looks ruggedly handsome and should be in soaps now. Bryan Buffinton is now 40 and Gina Tognoni is of course a beauty. They were so happy so to see each other and just got along like long last friends. Gina made a good point which I always knew was that there something about the East Coast soaps. They were closer because they worked in small studios and had to walk everywhere. 

Looking forward to tomorrow's with Cynthia Watros, Laura Wright, Brian  Daniel Cosgrove - totally missed this one, though. Will definitely have to catch up with the archive. 

(Thank you, UYI!)

Edited by harrie

Share this post


Link to post

These reunions are a joy. I keep thinking how much my mom would love seeing these people who were in her home every afternoon for decades! Thanks to Alan Locher for making all this happen.
Another thing I'd be there for in a big way: what if CBS would show a few major episodes with members of the cast watching and commenting in real time? I think that would be so fun!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, harrie said:

Looking forward to tomorrow's with Cynthia Watros, Laura Wright, Brian Cosgrove - totally missed this one, though. Will definitely have to catch up with the archive. 

Daniel Cosgrove, actually. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post

38 minutes ago, UYI said:

Daniel Cosgrove, actually. 🙂 

You are correct, of course (and I should be ashamed, he's from around here).  Maybe I had Brian Buffinton on the brain. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Daniel Cosgrove should join GH and be paired with Emme Rylan. These two had so much chemistry during this reunion. You could tell they enjoyed working together and even though they hadn’t seen each other in years they picked up right where they left off. Also, he looks amazing so it’s a win-win.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Since it's been awhile since this thread has been active and there have been other online GL reunions recently, I am going to start a list here of all of the videos there currently are available, along with the ones that are upcoming. (I'd post the videos themselves, but they ARE able to embed now and I don't want to clog up bandwidth. I'll post the link to the GL-specific playlist at the bottom instead.)

The reunions that have already taken place, in order:

1. April 8th, 2020--Kim Zimmer (Reva), Robert Newman (Josh), Maureen Garrett (Holly), Jerry verDorn (Ross), and Liz Keifer (Blake 3.0).

2. April 10th, 2020--Kim Zimmer (Reva) and her son, actor Jake Weary (star of the TNT series Animal Kingdom).

3. April 15th, 2020--Grant Aleksander (Phillip), Beth Chamberlin (Beth 2.0), Yvonna Kopacz Wright (Mel), Michael O'Leary (Rick), and Tina Sloan (Lillian).

4. April 21st, 2020--Maeve Kinkead (Vanessa), Kurt McKinney (Matt), Gina Tognoni (Dinah 4.0), and Bryan Buffington (Bill 1.0). NOTE: Jordan Clarke (Billy) was supposed to participate in this, but wound up being unable to do so.

5. April 22nd, 2020--Daniel Cosgrove (Bill 3.0), Wes Ramsey (Sam), Emme Rylan (Lizzie 5.0), Cynthia Watros (Annie), and Laura Wright (Cassie 1.0). NOTE: With the exception of DC, every participant is a former GL cast member AND a current GH cast member. 

6. April 29th, 2020--Crystal Chappell (Olivia), Jessica Leccia (Natalia), Michelle Ray Smith (Ava), Frank Dicopoulos (Frank), and E.J. Bonilla (Rafe). 

7. May 6th, 2020--George Alvarez (Ray), Bethany Joy Lenz (Michelle 3.0), Saundra Santiago (Carmen), Paul Anthony Stewart (Danny), and Jordi Vilasuso (Tony). 

8. May 12th, 2020--Denise Pence (Katie), Elvera Roussel (Hope), Michael Tylo (Quint) and Jerry verDorn (Ross). NOTE: Alan mentions here that he asked Lisa Brown (Nola) to participate, but she was unable to do so.

9. May 13th, 2020--Kim Brockington (Felicia), Peter Francis James (Clayton), Lawrence Saint-Victor (Remy), Yvonna Kopacz Wright (Mel), and Karla Mosley (Christina).

NOTE: For some reason, the last four appear in the wrong order on the playlist.

10. May 20th, 2020--Murray Bartlett (Cyrus), Orlagh Cassidy (Doris), Bonnie Dennison (Susan/Daisy 2.0), Jessica Leccia (Natalia), and Caitlin Van Zandt (Ashlee). NOTE: This has yet to be added to the playlist below. Hopefully it will be soon.

11. May 27th, 2020--Kim Zimmer (Reva), Kristi Ferrell (Roxie), Terrell Anthony (Rusty), Krista Tesreau (Mindy 1.0), and Michael O'Leary (Rick). NOTE: There a quite a few technical difficulties in this one, but it's definitely still worth watching.

Hope this helps! Here's the playlist. My next post will be for the upcoming online GL reunions. :)

 

 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

And now for the upcoming GL reunions (as of now):

12. June 3rd, 2020--Justin Deas (Buzz), Frank Dicopoulos (Frank), John Driscoll (Coop), Beth Ehlers (Harley), and Fiona Hutchison (Jenna).

13. June 10th, 2020--Mark Derwin (Mallet 1.0), Morgan Englund (Dylan), Melissa Hayden (Bridget), Kimberley Simms (Mindy 2.0), and Jocelyn Seagrave Fundoukos (Julie).

This will be updated as more come along, of course! :) 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think I've seen most of these and loved them all, but I'm really looking forward to this Wednesday with the Coopers.  Thanks for sharing the schedule!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The Cooper reunion was wonderful. You could feel the love even if the actors haven’t really been in touch. 
I was a big Harley and Mallet fan in the 90’s and stopped watching when they left so my connection stops there but I enjoyed John Driscoll in this interview even though I never saw his character.

Frank and Harley were the best sibling duo and I know they were really close offscreen as were Frank and Mark. Loved Beth saying they were so much trouble together. It’s been nearly 30 years but I can remember soap magazines from that time and remembering them being a lot of fun. I’m glad Franks son reunited them and I bet we have Jaden Dicopolous to thank for Beth being there in a weird way.  I could have watched another hour and a half of this group and not be bored.


Good for Beth for finding a new passion in life. I would have loved to hear more stories from the Harley and Mallet days but understand why we didn’t get any.

Looking forward to hearing what Mark has to say.

Edited by justduckey
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

Good for Beth for finding a new passion in life.

What is she doing now?

Share this post


Link to post

A new reunion alert!

14. June 17th, 2020--Laura Wright (Cassie 1.0), Paul Anthony Stewart (Danny), and Nancy St. Alban (Michelle 4.0). NOTE: Since LW and PAS also played popular couple Casey and Ally on Loving, this kind of serves as a Loving reunion within a GL reunion, too. :)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wish the reunion PAS did with Bethany  Joy Lenz had been that small.  Instead, it involved all the members of the Santos clan.  That was nice in some respects but I wanted a little more discussion about original recipe Manny.  Less about Tony and Father Alvarez.  I did love hearing about the dynamic between Danny and Carmen Santos, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the Mallet, Bridgett, Mindy, Julie & Dylan reunion. It was a good. Unfortunately, Morgan Englund had horrible microphone issues and Kimberly Simms had some early WiFi issues but overall it was a fun reunion. Mark Derwin totally bald but still looks amazing. You gotta have a great head for baldness and he has it. LOL!!! He talked about Beth Ehlers & joked that they had dated and the whole cast feigned shock. Pretty funny. The best part was when Allan asked Kimberly about the Nick & Mindy storyline and she gave a one word answer and didn’t want to mention Vincent Irrizary which was funny because Mark was like that was over 15 years ago (with his eyes) and was laughing. I had forgotten they had dated. I guess she has bad memories of it. He also dated Barbara Crampton, too. I think Krista Tesrau was able to escape his clutches. LOL!!!,

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Mark Derwin totally bald but still looks amazing. You gotta have a great head for baldness and he has it.

He still had some hair, but not much, when he popped up in an episode of Major Crimes about five years ago.  It took me a few minutes of thinking, "Where do I know him from?" when that voice finally penetrated my brain and I said aloud, "Mallet!"

Judi Evans (original Beth) has been hospitalized for over three weeks now, first due to a horse-riding accident, but then she contracted COVID-19 and almost lost her legs due to the resulting blood clots.  She is recovering, and will hopefully soon be able to continue that at home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I watched the Mallet, Bridgett, Mindy, Julie & Dylan reunion. It was a good. Unfortunately, Morgan Englund had horrible microphone issues and Kimberly Simms had some early WiFi issues but overall it was a fun reunion. Mark Derwin totally bald but still looks amazing. You gotta have a great head for baldness and he has it. LOL!!! He talked about Beth Ehlers & joked that they had dated and the whole cast feigned shock. Pretty funny. The best part was when Allan asked Kimberly about the Nick & Mindy storyline and she gave a one word answer and didn’t want to mention Vincent Irrizary which was funny because Mark was like that was over 15 years ago (with his eyes) and was laughing. I had forgotten they had dated. I guess she has bad memories of it. He also dated Barbara Crampton, too. I think Krista Tesrau was able to escape his clutches. LOL!!!,

More like almost 30 years ago lol.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, justduckey said:

More like almost 30 years ago lol.

Point well taken. I was off by a few. LOL!!!

Share this post


Link to post

I've still been watching old clips on YT. Just starting 1987. A lot is missing. I wish Inhad scene more of the story with Cain, and with Claire suddenly being evil and then normal again.

Also Alex and Alan together are the best, I wish all their scenes were available.

Reva ended up growing on me, but in small doses. I can see she ate the show.

They introduced Dinah, she is a long term character....? I'm on the fence.

India adopting Dori seems OOC. I feel like the suits just decided they needed a kid and stuck her in.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, cleo said:

I've still been watching old clips on YT. Just starting 1987. A lot is missing. I wish Inhad scene more of the story with Cain, and with Claire suddenly being evil and then normal again.

Also Alex and Alan together are the best, I wish all their scenes were available.

Reva ended up growing on me, but in small doses. I can see she ate the show.

They introduced Dinah, she is a long term character....? I'm on the fence.

India adopting Dori seems OOC. I feel like the suits just decided they needed a kid and stuck her in.

 

I'm currently in the midst of watching old ATWT episodes on YT (due to all of these recent cast reunions).  So far, I've watched 87, 88 and 1/2 through 90.  It's amazing how much I remember. When (and if) I finish, I'll be moving on to GL.   Soaps were so much better then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, sas616 said:

I'm currently in the midst of watching old ATWT episodes on YT (due to all of these recent cast reunions).  So far, I've watched 87, 88 and 1/2 through 90.  It's amazing how much I remember. When (and if) I finish, I'll be moving on to GL.   Soaps were so much better then.

Isn’t the difference between soaps back then and now drastic?

Im watching early 90’s GL and man it’s so good. The scenes are long. Characters talk and have normal, everyday conversations. They eat meals, they even have scenes in bathrooms.   It’s grounded. Child character were incorporated nearly daily. Little Billy or Michelle are on so frequently, thus making it more real.

There is character development and a slow build.

There are so many love scenes.
 

At least on GL, there is always pop music or some kind of music in the background.

I mean budgets back then must have been amazing.


The amount of background actors is also astonishing.  So many people at Towers restaurant in the background eating or in hospital scenes. I was watching an episode yesterday where no less than 9 characters were in one scenes just to mundanely help Harley move out of Mallet’s apartment. On GH now you barely get 9 characters at the Nurses Ball. 

And the background noises. When Harley and Mallet are staying at the Happy Homes Bungalow, you can hear cats driving by in the background as you would at a motel. Crickets chirping at Cross Creek. The diner always has music in the juke box. I don’t know just random noises that I know I never hear on GH in modern times.

I was a teenager in the early 90’s so I’m watching these episodes with different eyes but, man, am I enjoying rewatching these episodes (ok mostly I’m only watching Harley and Mallet).

It was written and acted in a way that made you really care about the characters. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, justduckey said:

At least on GL, there is always pop music or some kind of music in the background.

Watching eps from the 80s, they have had some great songs in the background. Someone at GL loved music, bc even 70s and 80s GH didn't have as much music. There was a joke that GH paid for one Blondie song and it played over and over again at the disco. 

I'll never understand why the companies owning these shows don't try to profit off the old eps. There is clearly an appetite for it. It can't require that much overhead to burn DVDs given people are doing it in their spare time. I guess some eps may be permanently lost but I bet a lot are still around 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not only were soaps different back then but the period you're watching (or I assume you're watching--early 90s) was amazing for GL. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Not only were soaps different back then but the period you're watching (or I assume you're watching--early 90s) was amazing for GL. 

 

It definitely was. I am enjoying rewatching so much!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size