Type keyword(s) to search

Person of Interest In The Media: The Machine Reads It All Before We Do

Not gonna lie, that article lost me at "CBS's schedule is actually pretty strong and that means there's no room on the schedule." Outside of NCIS, CBS' drama schedule has been a disaster this year. CBS has eight--EIGHT--dramas at a 1.27 or below. Cyber and Elementary are under a 1.0, and The Good Wife and 5-O are barely above the line at 1.05 and 1.08. Supergirl, the network's big gamble, fell from a 3.15 to a 1.52 in six episodes. And Limitless is doing worse through ten episodes than PoI did last year (1.54 to PoI's 1.60), despite Bradley Cooper, being a new show, and much more promo than CBS ever gave PoI. CBS' schedule is in no way "pretty strong."

What kills me is that CBS ordered five additional episodes of Code Black to take Wednesday at 10 through February until the CM spinoff takes over on March 2. That was the natural place to either slot PoI in, since we all know CB is dead after this season, OR to premiere the CM spinoff in January, run through it, and let PoI take over the slot in March/April.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 3

But CBS doesn't own PoI, right?  And that's what matters in the streaming landscape.  The irony is that I would even subscribe to their stupid All Access service (like I probably will for the new Star Trek) for PoI. 

I buy from Amazon (at least I own the video and it usually is only a day late) or wait a week to view on CBS app before paying for CBS service. It irks me CBS was given free access to the airwaves for years and now wants to squeeze out more. So hopefully will never have to pay CBS

I just read that it was only going to be a 13 episode run... like the Mentalist. Tie up the loose ends and then cancel it. I wish another network or Netflix, etc would pick it up. It's such a well written, smart show...one of the very few that I actually pay attention to the entire time because I have to and because I want to.

• Love 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/poifusco

Kevin Chapman
Dec 17
Kevin Chapman ‏@POIFUSCO
You want to see a season 6. Let @netflix know how much you LOVE @PersonInterest

Kevin Chapman
Dec 16
Kevin Chapman ‏@POIFUSCO
Tomorrow will be my last day @PersonInterest. I will MISS ALL OF IT #best crew #5 years flew #LUCKY BOY#BEST FANS#WE KICKED ASS # THE FUSCO

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 3

So this totally means that Finch either dies or sails off into an Italian happily-ever-after with Grace, right? It's hard to imagine them bringing her back AGAIN--especially after late S3 strongly implied he was alive to her--and not having her see Finch. And it's hard to imagine they could walk away from each other. I suppose they could have Finch keep doing the numbers, just with Grace by his side, but I'm not sure Finch would go for that.

• Love 1

I thought it would be bad form to ask for spoilers; but I do have a friend in common with Michael Emerson and I mentioned that. And he said, oh we're seeing them soon. And, another friend of mine shot a Good Wife episode last week and said Carrie Preston was in it.

They were getting ready to leave (hat and coats on) so we felt like it would be okay to say "hi" before they headed out the door. Their friend took the picture. This was at a Korean fried chicken place/bar.

• Love 1

This is almost on target:

And Then There Were Four......

NYTimes:

A work crew pulled up to the northwest corner of West End Avenue and 101st Street on Wednesday morning and approached an oblong glass box that looked so anachronistic that a passer-by might have wondered if it simply had dropped out of the sky.

It was a walk-in phone booth, of the sort that Clark Kent might have dashed into, only to come out dressed as Superman.

Even with its graffitied glass, rusted metal panels, and a missing door long ago ripped off its hinges, the booth’s pay phone still functioned.

“A lot of people still use it,” said Igor Gakh, the longtime daytime doorman at a building that stands steps away.

{We know at least two who do!!!}

The crew removed the pay phone and unbolted the booth from the sidewalk, then lifted a replacement booth from a truck, a gleaming silver unit, slightly larger and sleeker in design.

“I love it,” declared Lisa Lieberman, a college professor who lives nearby. “All my friends, when they visit me, tell me, ‘Do you know you have an actual phone booth on your corner?’”

Edited by Syme
  • Love 2

I would have ranked it higher, although it seems like the reviewer didn't watch past season one, if that (no mention of Root and Shaw and nothing about artificial superintelligence).

Every time someone posts in this thread, I think that maybe POI season 5 got a release date. When are we going to get our release date!?

• Love 3

I don't know how to link the post, if I even can, but Michael Emerson posted this on his Facebook tonight. If Finch doesn't know, no one does *sigh* I copied it and put it in the Quotes box.

Michael Emerson
1 hr ·

Sorry I’ve been so long absent from this page but I appreciate your continued interest in my work and my comings and goings. Season 5 of PERSON OF INTEREST was some very intense shooting and the schedule was rough. By Christmas I was fairly well worn out and needed some time to attend to family matters and recharge my battery. I have a bit more leisure time now and hope to be a better social correspondent. (Ha!) I’m sorry that I don’t know when the 13 episodes of Season 5 will air but CBS has made some vague noises about it being on in late spring or early summer. Whatever the schedule I feel confident in saying that it will be worth the wait— surprising, shocking and always so smart. Michael E.

Edited by Gigi43

Oh yeah, I think it's abundantly clear CBS is canceling PoI after they (finally) air it. The writing has been on the wall since the 13-episode order. But I think they've probably managed to tank the show's chances for going anywhere else by holding onto it for so long, too, if the Shahi news is any indication.

Trini, yes, the episodes are all filmed. They finished filming before Christmas.

• Love 1