Type keyword(s) to search

Person of Interest In The Media: The Machine Reads It All Before We Do

A couple of the same kind of interviews from the Nolan and Plageman about how Reese and Finch have never really been normal or rather, led normal lives, but always have been heroes.  I call bullshit and bullshit, because Reese did have a normal life before he joined the Army and then the CIA and then started working for Finch; as did Finch before he created the fucking machine. I really hate Nolan and Plageman. A couple of arrogant jackasses. In my opinion of course.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but last night I was watching the Tony Awards and they showed a commercial for NCIS: New Orleans, and it said it was going to be on Tuesdays. Does this mean that Person of Interest is moving to a new night and time again?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, but last night I was watching the Tony Awards and they showed a commercial for NCIS: New Orleans, and it said it was going to be on Tuesdays. Does this mean that Person of Interest is moving to a new night and time again?

No. NCIS: Los Angeles will be moving to a new night and time. So this show will still air at 10 on Tuesdays. Which sucks, because I really liked the 9 p.m. slot from two seasons ago.

Well, we got the first bit of news about Season 4 so I thought I'd make my first post here.

The title of the first episode of Season 4 will be 'Panopticon'.

Which further confirns that Person of Interest is literally made for me. I remember writing a paper that heavily featured the Panopticon back when I was in law school, for a Criminology class (the paper was about crime and punishment in fictional dystopias). Man, no wonder I love this show. So, Samaritan sees all. Like we're all living in a huge prison (a use for the Panopticon Jeremy Bentham suggested and something Michel Foucault wrote about extensively; it's all coming back to me about a decade later) and it can see us all but we can't see it and we never know if/when we're being watched. Chilling stuff.

Also of note, this only applies to Samaritan because one of the main purposes of the Panopticon is to normalise, to eradicate deviant behaviour. Indeed, like we've already seen, Samaritan doesn't simply detect threats like our Machine, it looks for "deviants". And, while the notion of a "threat" is objective (especially regarding mass casualty events, i.e. the relevant numbers), deviance is in the eye of the beholder. Chilling again.

I love this show.

• Love 6

With the accent and the err... connections she has, I'm guessing Cara Buono might be playing someone's daughter, no? Either way, now there are two of them.

Nolan and Plageman have said she is not connected to Decima.

Aw, poor Fred Weller.

(edited)

Nolan and Plageman have said she is not connected to Decima.

Aw, poor Fred Weller.

I know, actually they specifically said she doesn't work for Decima, and not that there's no connection at all. I'm having fun with semantics here. I'm thinking that she's not working for Decima at all. She's working directly for Samaritan, just like Root doesn't work for Finch, she works for the machine. Hence the similarity. The daughter thing was just because the bad guys are all British, and I guess that could be how she and Samaritan were introduced. 'Darling, have you met my new Evil Overlord?'

Edited by Lebanna

Oh, it's not just you. I'm pretty sure Root checks Shaw out twice in the promo--there's the really obvious one when they're walking down the street, but let's just say her eyes wander a little south during their department store conversation too. (I mean, I guess theoretically she's looking at what Shaw has in her hand in the first shot, but let's be real here about where her eyes are....)

Can't blame her, both of them look smoking hot in those dresses.

Also, hi! *waves* I'm new to this board--I really just picked up Person of Interest right at the end of this season, because my parents kept telling me "no, this show is SO GOOD, you have to watch it." So I watched the last three episodes of S3 online and was hooked--have been plowing through S3 with the weekly re-runs ever since, and damn but this past season was some excellent TV. I can't wait for the upcoming season!

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes, and both Amy and Sarah were so cute at Comic Con from the clips i saw. They are totally for it. And the ship is pretty popular with the fans and media. 

sarah-shahi-person-of-interest-press-lin

Here's a video of Sarah and Amy being asked about it.

http://www.zap2it.com/videos/person-of-interest-season-4-amy-acker-sarah-shahi-debate-root-and-shaw-romance-210991

Btg9Gv6CIAA3U9l.jpg

Bth1irmIAAE_w9B.jpg

BtfuMLmCEAA-TMl.jpg

Here with Kevin

Btb922bCUAAVnjR.jpg

Lucky fan!!!

BtcNnVGCIAE4cwE.jpg

Edited by IndependentMind

The S3 gag reel has been released. I think my favorites are Amy Acker trying to put the motorcycle helmet on backward and Jim Caviezel trying and totally failing to get out of the taxi trunk. The way Acker just cracks up (and Sarah Shahi looks to make sure she's not doing it too but otherwise carries on)! And the way Caviezel just disappears and the THUD and the entire car rocks! Both were laugh out loud moments for me.

Honorable mention goes to Michael Emerson being hit on the head with a falling book, Bear peeing,  and TPH right at the very beginning. Hee.

tumblr_nbadzqNqFT1rstprxo5_500.gif

This is my favorite.

Will someone please get JC in a rom-com before he hits age 50? Or at the very least a role where he smiles? I'm tired of watching him play the tortured soul or the bad guy.

ETA: oh dear heavens, the things I will do as a fan. I am watching Madison on Amazon Prime right now. I never knew there was such a thing as hydroplane racing, much less that there was a cheesy, boring movie made about it in 2004. But JC is gorgeous, he smiles a lot, and even wears a suit a couple of times.

Edited by Abstract
  • Love 3

Not sure where this one might fit in but now I want to see Elon on PoI.  :-)

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/10/elon-musk-says-artificial-intelligence-is-akin-to-summoning-a-demon/ 

The SpaceX and Tesla Motors CEO spoke Friday at MIT’s Aeronautics and Astronautics department’s Centennial Symposium, and during his hour-and-a-half interview he called artificial intelligence our biggest existential threat. He, for one, does not welcome our robot overlords.

Finally, we get some Person of Interest talk in the media about "If-Then-Else." It bugs the shit outta me when I watch NFL games and ever other ad on CBS is for CSI's and NCIS shows. I saw one - one - for POI last Sunday and I lost count on how many I saw for the lettered shows. Anyhow, here's some interviews. The TV Line has a featurette that's pretty cool but, IMO, spoilery for the next ep.

TV Line - Person of Interest Boss: Time-Shifting Episode Will 'Blow People's Minds'  http://tvline.com/2015/01/05/person-of-interest-season-4-trilogy-preview-video/

IGN - PERSON OF INTEREST: Will Root Choose The Machine or Shaw? http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/06/person-of-interest-will-root-choose-the-machine-or-shaw

Things Get Interesting for Amy Acker as Person of Interest Season Four Continues http://news.directv.com/2015/01/05/things-get-interesting-for-amy-acker-as-person-of-interest-season-four-continues/

• Love 2

[quote name="stealinghome" post="700158" timestamp="1420576032

Please, please, PLEASE let Root's faith in The Machine be shaken in that way!

I have to agree. Personally, one of the things I find implausible about Root is that she has such extreme faith in the Machine but is not tempted to switch to team Samaritan. Shaking up her faith could be interesting.

Sarah Shahi was doing radio interviews today and while I could not hear all the details she did say that this episode was going to be so amazing that you cannot divert your eyes at any time. She was very gracious and polite and even dropped her husbands name. Steve needs work, maybe? 

I will not be spoiled.

EW interview with Nolan and Plageman and EW interview with Shahi about 4x11. Spoilers for the "Is Shaw dead?" cliffhanger; also, Shahi has finally confirmed that she's pregnant (with twins, no less)--major official congratulations to her!

So, it basically sounds like they're leaving Shaw's fate up in the air and while everyone wants Shaw/Shahi back eventually, it's unclear when that would be and in what capacity she'll be back? Ouch--that's depressing. I'm guessing if we see her at all the rest of this season, it'll be a 3-minute cameo in the finale.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 2

Damn it Sarah, stop getting pregnant in the middle of starring in kickass roles on awesome TV shows! You couldn't have waited until a Fairly Legal or something?!

It's all Steve Howey's fault, I think.

Edited by Mars477
  • Love 3