Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Monday

One quirky judge is amusing.  All of them being nutcases is not.

Does Ruth know something Eli doesn't?  Or was her warning to Alicia just a general one?

Why do Alicia and Diane keep ending up at the same law firm expecting different results?

• Love 4

So basically Ruth is telling Alicia to ditch the husband - after six long years....finally!  Hopefully she does before she takes up with the greasy private detective right there in her new office.

So, they kept trying to pair up the two women of color associates - because they were women of color?  If that was what that was all about - they did it horribly as a joke or whatever it is they were going for with it.  

• Love 4
Does Ruth know something Eli doesn't?  Or was her warning to Alicia just a general one?

My assumption was that the Ruth/Alicia scene came after she went before the Grand Jury in response to her subpoena.  So she knows the questions she was asked there, and they must have indicated that the GJ was convened to investigate Peter, and that they had the goods to go forward.

So, they kept trying to pair up the two women of color associates - because they were women of color?

That definitely seemed to be the story they were telling. Which could absolutely work, in general, as a story about some people, somewhere. And the people in that hypothetical story could certainly be educated, self-styled liberal/progressive people.  But it really does not work for Diane Lockhart, at least not based on what I've seen of that character for the run of this show.  Anyone else remember back when she decided to join Alicia in her startup, so it could be the only firm in Chicago totally run by women and minorities?  Back then Diane had a whole bunch of culturally diverse partners in her firm, and they were people willing to walk from the old place to be with her in the new one. Presumably not because she kept introducing them to each other and telling them how much she just knew they were going to like each other. Maybe I just imagined that version of Diane, since it's pretty clear the writers do not...

Edited by Long Days Night
  • Love 13

I think Ruth just figured out from Eli's evasiveness that there's something big that they're hiding which is going to come out. When she was talking about "the one thing you didn't write down," she could tell he knew exactly what his "one thing" was, so she knows there's something there even if she doesn't know what it is. Presumably it's the voting machine fraud.

I really liked the judge. I laughed out loud a couple of times. The ex-partner guy was also a hoot. An annoying hoot, but hilarious anyway.

Scruffy McDetective was actually almost enjoyable. When he loosens up a bit he might actually have a personality under there.

Diane and Cary were definitely just pairing up the two black chicks. I don't think it was a joke, and I don't think it was malicious -- I think it was either 1) unintentional and subconscious, they sincerely thought they'd get along but they're not realizing it's only because they're both black, or, 2) it's an overcompensation based on the previous race stuff they just went through. So they're eager to show whassername "look! we just hired another black person! see? we're totally not racist. this proves it."

Is this ChumHum case over? The tech guy is free. But does he have the right to sell the tablet now? The previous 'clear effort to return to its owner' would presumably be nullified now that its owner has been demanding its return. And is the whole thing a marketing ploy? I'm assuming it is, because it was obvious that it was from the very first moment but nobody suggested the possibility until much much later. If it wasn't, they'd have considered it.

• Love 1

One quirky judge is amusing.  All of them being nutcases is not.

Why do Alicia and Diane keep ending up at the same law firm expecting different results?

The judge made a major impression on me from eons ago with his freaky performance on L&O: CI, so I was happy to see him, but the ant shenanigans were forced. I'm not totally buying the Diane/Alicia animus, it felt like a precedent sandwiched in so that Alicia could be the powerless one, which I don't find believable at this point for numerous reasons. They've had their ups and downs but this was Alicia-grimacing-at-Kalinda-with-a-patronizing-death-stare nonsense that she always reserves for someone 'below' her, and she and Diane are peers, even if things are tense on the first day.

So basically Ruth is telling Alicia to ditch the husband - after six long years....finally!  Hopefully she does before she takes up with the greasy private detective right there in her new office.

So, they kept trying to pair up the two women of color associates - because they were women of color?  If that was what that was all about - they did it horribly as a joke or whatever it is they were going for with it.

Feels like they're going for a shock/drama/turn! that Peter has actually been up to all kinds of things and now Alicia has to stop being his devoted (????), faithful (????) and loving (????) wife in order to save herself (the ever-underdog). It does seem probable that Peter will be heading back behind bars to tie a neat circle around the run of the show, or this is a fake out of sorts that it's really Alicia who's about to be pulled apart, but then Ruth's warning makes no sense...

I hated the too-lame-for-Cary (even as a partner) ridiculousness wherein he continually walked Lucca back to the room where Monica was working, as though Lucca was a house cat who kept slipping through an open door. It makes sense that it's written so as to offend, but they lose me when they make Cary or Diane the mastermind of such stupidity. 

It was certainly nice to see sets other than Alicia's apartment, almost excitingly so! And the dynamics of things popping up at work with various players: quite a breath of fresh air! The scene with Jason and "We kissed, now what..." had me recalling what went on in my third grade coatroom. Their plot thins by the week.

Enjoyed Marissa's story line and glad she almost got out from under Alicia for a little bit -- it was fun to hear Eli remark on finally understanding why people have children, their scenes are generally quite fun. The firm seems to have grown quite a bit less attractive; did anyone else pick up on a much less polished, well-lit and upscale feel? The office was dark, art-less (mostly), and suddenly looks like a call center --  I guess they're really driving home the 'back to working for the man' schtick. The final scene with the chair actually felt like the episode, and Alicia, ending on a welcome and genuinely funny note. Nothing like characters getting together to practice some law to remind me of the show's merits (but Cary and David Lee were criminally absent).

ETA: re the judges all being crazy... Since Antonin Scalia died this weekend, I've been reminded that truth is so much stranger than fiction. Not that every judge is Supreme Court-level eccentric, but if you've never heard any of Scalia's oral arguments, take a listen and prepare to be wowed.

Edited by meisje
  • Love 4

I kept expecting it to turn out that the girlfriend didn't "find" the device under the table, but that she stole it.

I don't know what the intention is for putting Lucca and Monica together, but it seems like they could actually have much to learn from each other. At least Monica can learn from Lucca how not to treat everyone as someone out to get her, and Lucca can learn from Monica how to extend her claws when appropriate.

Ruth is very experienced, very intuitive, so it's hard to say if she really knows something. When she says she's involved with some gubernatorial races, I wonder if one of them is Illinois -- Peter would be easier to oust if his wife left him, in addition to being under federal indictment.

• Love 2

I, too, am tired of the allegedly quirky judges. In this guy's defense, I hate ants and I would not want to sit at a desk that was crawling with ants. But I am also an adult so I would just send someone, ANYONE, like an intern, to take a cab to the closest Walgreens, 7/11, Target, whatever to buy some damn ant spray. I would not wait days for maintenance to get to it.

I feel like every plot on this show is a tennis match so I end up watching the same characters go back and forth between the same points. Alicia works at the big firm. Alicia works at the small firm. Alicia works at the big firm. Alicia works at the small firm. And now Alicia is back at the same big firm AGAIN. How fascinating.

I loved that Marissa quickly figured out that the guy at the juice place had ulterior motives and started recording their conversation. And I loved how Eli was beaming with pride, first when she told him that she convinced the guy to take a picture with her and again when she told him that she recorded their conversation.

But I also found it weird/annoying that Eli was acting like a juice bar is weird, especially after Jason made a similar remark when he was in "San Francisco." They live in Chicago, not some podunk town in the middle of nowhere. Jamba Juice has been around for over 20 years and there are organic juice bars everywhere these days. It's not some new weird thing that people over the age of 40 should be confounded by.

• Love 7
Feels like they're going for a shock/drama/turn! that Peter has actually been up to all kinds of things and now Alicia has to stop being his devoted (????), faithful (????) and loving (????) wife in order to save herself (the ever-underdog). It does seem probable that Peter will be heading back behind bars to tie a neat circle around the run of the show, or this is a fake out of sorts that it's really Alicia who's about to be pulled apart, but then Ruth's warning makes no sense...

Ugh. I hope not. I'd prefer if Alicia ended up in prison.

• Love 5

It really ticked me off that Diane met with Alicia to discuss Luca. Diane, if Luca is an associate of the firm, and not Alicia's associate, then you need to speak to her directly as her boss. Otherwise, it just makes it look like you DO believe Luca works for Alicia. Duh.

And the constant attempts to pair Luca with Monica just proves that Diane and Cary learned nothing about their racist tendencies after their little visit from the EEOC or whoever that was a few episodes ago. I need this show to stop making me mad at Diane. Soon I won't have anyone left to like.

• Love 6

I loved the orientation at the beginning; Diane flim-flamming her way through her speech.

"I started this law firm 14 years ago....."

Uh, you mean the one that self-destructed once Canning pushed you out.

"And you too can become a named partner in less than 6 years......"

Sure, if I quit said before mentioned law firm, start my own, and then (optionally) have you join up later on.

Obviously, the flim-flam is a better way to convince the new hires that there is a possibility for high advancement,

so they won't quit this law firm and go over to Canning or start their own,

but it was funny as heck listening to her revisionist history.

"Did I mention that I know Hillary Clinton??  I was actually instrumental in convincing Obama to make her Secretary of Stat-"

OK, Diane, Thank you, and now here's Greg to tell you about inappropriate behavior in the workplace.

• Love 4

It really ticked me off that Diane met with Alicia to discuss Luca. Diane, if Luca is an associate of the firm, and not Alicia's associate, then you need to speak to her directly as her boss. Otherwise, it just makes it look like you DO believe Luca works for Alicia. Duh.

Diane needed to remind Alicia that Luca didn't work for her anymore because Alicia was certainly acting like Luca still worked for her. Just talking to Luca wouldn't fix the issue of Alicia overstepping her role. That needed to be said to Alicia.

• Love 3

But Alicia and Luca were partners, not boss/employee. Diane having that conversation with Alicia was misplaced.

This episode was better than the last few, but that's damning with faint praise. I did laugh a couple of times. 

Alicia's giggling and flirting with McSmirky in the office was gross.  She is (supposedly) a mature, professional woman. Who is married to the Governor.  I mentioned it in last week's thread, but I'm still aghast that this teeny tiny small issue doesn't appear to give McSmirky the slightest bit of pause. 

Alicia in jail to end the series would almost redeem the last year for me. 

• Love 3

Lucca is horribly annoying.  She bugs the crap out of me.  

I miss Cary. 

Alicia is a wretched character.  I loved her from S1-S4/5, and she's now taken a nose dive into being the worlds most narcissistic asshole.  

I miss Diane & her husband.  I miss Peter, and I now hope that Alicia ends up in jail....not Peter.  I miss Cary & Kalinda.  I miss Kalinda.  It's all so sad.  

I will say that the firm is a character in and of itself, and having it back was nice.  
I hate Lucca and Alicia.  

This show has taken such a nose dive that I actually enjoyed this weeks Grey's Anatomy more than TGW.  ::yikes:::

• Love 3

Diane needed to remind Alicia that Luca didn't work for her anymore because Alicia was certainly acting like Luca still worked for her. Just talking to Luca wouldn't fix the issue of Alicia overstepping her role. That needed to be said to Alicia.

But this conversation also needed to happen with Luca, not just Alicia.

• Love 1

Of course they have Carey and Dianne pair up the two POC women. Because, as this season has shown us, they only recently discovered that black people exist, and occasionally go to law school. We never saw this in any previous seasons, but that is how things are now, I guess. 

Hi Carla from Scrubs! 

We all knew Alicia and Luca were going to end up back at the firm, so it was good to finally get there. At least maybe the show will get some focus again.

• Love 2

But this conversation also needed to happen with Luca, not just Alicia.

No, that's bad personnel management. Any kind of critical or corrective comments should be said to the person in private not in front of third parties, even if that third party is part of the issue. Diane needed to have two separate conversations, but it was not necessary to the story to show the conversation with Luca.

Alicia was more of a problem than Luca because Alicia was undercutting the partners by countermanding their instructions to Luca. Diane also said things to Alicia that Luca didn't need to hear.

• Love 5

The ridiculousness with Diane and Cary trying to pair up Monica and Luca was because the writers decided they wanted to do an arc about lack of minorities at elite institutions, something that's been in the news a ton lately. So that's why they did the affirmative action plot with Monica too. Only problem is, Diane and Cary are acting in ways that run COMPLETELY contrary to how they've been established. Diane has had black fellow partners. Cary has dated nonwhite women exclusively. Now the show wants us to buy them as the sort of stock clueless white guys we'd see in a bad SNL sketch? No one is buying it.

Speaking of Diane, can the show decide whether or not she likes Alicia and stick to that for more that one episode? Didn't the show try to retcon that Diane was Alicia's mentor earlier this year? And didn't Diane want Alicia as partner last year, only reluctantly giving up on her when Dippold insisted? And isn't the reason they asked Alicia back to the firm in the first damn place because Diane's favourite client ( the Cecile Richards character played by Kelly Bishop) wanted her there and therefore shouldn't Diane be happy Alicia is there? I have no idea what is going on with those two episode to episode. And neither does the show, but there just needs to be someone who hates Alicia for no reason so the audience will root for her.

Edited by Tetraneutron
  • Love 13

No one would want to work at this law firm, and no one would want to hire these attorneys.  They spend to much time breaking up and making up, and letting their personal issues take over everything.  Which is yet another reason the merry-go-round of law firms makes no sense.  Whatever else they are, Diane, Cary, Alicia, Will, David Lee, etc., were supposedly intelligent attorneys who got the job done.  If that were truly the case, they would not keep on shooting themselves in the foot playing musical chairs every six months.

Why do they keep having these scenes with Alicia and Jason that go nowhere?

Marisa is a smart girl.  I loved that she realized almost immediately what the FBI agent was up, and Eli was so proud of her for tape recording the conversation.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

I was racking my brain trying to figure out where I had seen actor playing the FBI agent before (ie. on another show). Then I realized that he looks like a dead ringer for the realtor Josh Flagg from Million Dollar Listing LA. They could be brothers, if not twins.

I loved Eli's line that he now realized why people have children - too funny.

• Love 1

One of the first lessons I was taught as a teenager about dealing with a drowning person in distress is that there may come a point in which they are simply too panicked, and despite all your desire to help, you have to be prepared to shake them off in order to keep them from taking you with them. While I fully appreciate that that's what the writers are setting up here, it feels like too little, WAY too late. At this point, I don't know that I care if Alicia lets go of Peter's hand to save herself. She's already rolled in the mud with him. After all this, it just looks like she's another political operative disavowing all knowledge of a weak link to keep her crap from coming to light instead of her just taking care of herself in order to preserve her dignity and her future.

While I don't have the scathing vitriol that some have for Alicia, I do not like her. She's too wishy-washy for my tastes. She rarely makes decisions for herself. She mostly just flails about until she's backed into a corner and then jumps to the closest not flaming platform. Then she gets mad at other people for the choices that she's made (and the way she's made them.) There's just no joy in watching her do anything anymore. If she at least owned her shit. Even if she decided that she was going to go full chaos mode and damn the torpedoes and just walked in that, I would like her more. But no; as much as she supposedly hates her "sainthood," she still lamely half chases after it for some reason. You'd think that after all this time, she'd have adjusted to being away from the comfort of that perception. 

Anyway, I thought the episode was mostly flat, though there were some great moments. I love Marisa. She's definitely another little Eli. The casting there was pretty great. 

The whole constant pushing of Monica and Luca together made me angry, on a lot of levels. So, the brown people in your firm can only learn from other brown people? Are you serious? Freakin' just give them work and get the hell out of the way! In this one thing, I liked Alicia's view; Luca was just a damn good lawyer, and she wanted to see Luca do damn good lawyering, and that didn't have anything to do with her skin. Ugh. Stop trying to make me hate people I like, show. 

...you guys, I hate the "word" Chumhum so much. So, so much. 

• Love 8

I want the actors playing Marissa and Eli in their own show highlighting quirky so bad--they don't even have to be Those characters. She is so good and even more so with him.

I was so happy to see Margo Martindale justifiedly letting loose her inner Ma Bennet on that namby pamby Ruth persona. Pouring a toast from that bottle of strong [-]Scotch[/-] tequila for Alicia and her, and then not taking even a tiny sip while Alcia chokes on it. Apple pie time! She will probably help take both Floricks down

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 6

The whole constant pushing of Monica and Luca together made me angry, on a lot of levels. So, the brown people in your firm can only learn from other brown people? Are you serious? Freakin' just give them work and get the hell out of the way! In this one thing, I liked Alicia's view; Luca was just a damn good lawyer, and she wanted to see Luca do damn good lawyering, and that didn't have anything to do with her skin. Ugh. Stop trying to make me hate people I like, show.

...you guys, I hate the "word" Chumhum so much. So, so much.

You do realize the show agreed with you right? Alicia was supposed to be seen as in the right and Diane and Cary as in the wrong. Just another way to make Alicua better than everyone.

So Alicia's broken chair is the new "Eli's too-big-for-his-office desk"? Oh fuck, writers, it's really not that funny if you do the same gag five times per episode. Same goes for the latest nutcase judge.

Freedom is so close...

• Love 10

So Alicia's broken chair is the new "Eli's too-big-for-his-office desk"? Oh fuck, writers, it's really not that funny if you do the same gag five times per episode. Same goes for the latest nutcase judge.

Freedom is so close...

yes it is thank goodness. My friend and I are going to party during the last episode. Almost free at last.
  • Love 2

Sarah Steele, who plays Marissa, is a terrific young actress who aces it every time she appears on TGW. Her scenes with Alan Cumming are often the best thing about a given episode.  Anyone wonder how Diane can mange to walk with that stick planted so far up her ass?  Geez have they turned her into an uptight corporate shyster.  It's a shame because Christine Baranski is so much better than the material that she's given.

• Love 3

I was really happy with Grey's Anatomy this week AND The Good Wife. 'Zooks!  (Plus The Walking Dead is back and knocked it out of the park, so my television alterna-life is in a good place.)

I don't get the griping about Alicia going back to the firm.  We've all been bitching for eons about the bifurcation and how Diane was being wasted on plot dregs.  Hey, we're getting the band back together again!  I think the best storyline they've come up with for ages is reuniting Alicia and Diane, but negotiating a different power dynamic.  I loved the scene where Diane dismisses Alicia and Alicia balks at being dismissed.  Ha.  As if Alicia would ever have a snowball's chance of destabilizing Diane when she's in full name-partner power mode.   Cary's never struck me as anything but vanilla, so he can scamper back and forth between the two power women, I don't care.

I thought the tablet case was interesting and the tech geek witness was nicely quirky/smart--no need to layer an additional quirky ant infestation on top.  And that chair, yeesh.  Did you notice JM had to hurl her poor little stick body to the right to make it cattywump?  Alicia, have a doughnut.

• Love 5

So, they kept trying to pair up the two women of color associates - because they were women of color?

That definitely seemed to be the story they were telling. Which could absolutely work, in general, as a story about some people, somewhere. And the people in that hypothetical story could certainly be educated, self-styled liberal/progressive people.  But it really does not work for Diane Lockhart, at least not based on what I've seen of that character for the run of this show.  Anyone else remember back when she decided to join Alicia in her startup, so it could be the only firm in Chicago totally run by women and minorities?  Back then Diane had a whole bunch of culturally diverse partners in her firm, and they were people willing to walk from the old place to be with her in the new one. Presumably not because she kept introducing them to each other and telling them how much she just knew they were going to like each other. Maybe I just imagined that version of Diane, since it's pretty clear the writers do not...

This has been so baffling to me, this whole "Cary and Diane have never worked with/met black professionals before" storyline. WHY is the storyline even happening?????   It goes against so much of the previous storylines and character histories that I can't imagine why they're doing it at all, and why they don't think anyone in the audience will notice.  And especially in the last season!   Can it be to PREVENT a spinoff? 

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3

You're overthinking it. The show loves to take plots from the headlines, especially about social issues and technology issues. The dearth of minorities at places like this is a headline. So they destroyed the characters of Diane and Cary to fit the plot, and it was really, really, dumb.

So. What do you guys think the FBI is investigating Alicia for? The vote machine rigging for the SA election? The ballot box stuffing for the governor's election? Something else entirely? Whatever it is I bet it makes Peter look so bad the audience has no choice but to support Alicia and Jason.

Also, they have, what, 7 episodes left? How are they going to tie up all the loose threads?

I don't see how the show can possibly make it so Peter leaked the emails. That was done by a big tech company as revenge. How would the Illinois governor even have access to the law firm servers?

Besides, they made Peter look like a cuckold. What male politician wants that?

Edited by Tetraneutron

I think it was designed to make him look understanding and forgiving. Why didn't the big tech company release the One Night Stand e-mail? That was the only current one that would truly make Peter look bad and that one was not leaked. Just the old, pathetic Will stuff was leaked.

The awkward Lucca and Monica storyline made me miss Michael Boatman's character.

Does anyone remember the days when he told the partners they should hire more minority associates and it was a serious request treated seriously by Diane? Because Diane was an intelligent adult who might not be perfect when it comes to racial issues but displayed much more sensitivity than the woman on the show last night who thought, "You two are both African Americans so you will naturally be besties!"

If the Kings wanted a completely inappropriate humorous storyline with Lucca, they should have had her parents name her after the Suzanne Vega song because they thought it was a catchy tune not a song about domestic violence.

Edited by Athena5217
  • Love 7

The wig ... I won't be satisfied until a Jason-Alicia love scene ends with him tearing that wig off her. Not sure if the reveal should be a huge scar, a la Melrose, or Julianna's curls a la Carol Hathaway. 

Seriously, she is looking like Eddie Munster.

I was cheering Diane on in that scene with Alicia. 

• Love 6

The Wig is just about ready for its own booking agent, methinks. It'll go to the same person that handles Trump's hair and that scarring merkin that Kim Catrall wore on that one episode of Sex and the City. More than a decade later and that thing still haunts my nightmares. 

I think the thing about The Wig, for me, isn't that it's particularly terrible in and of itself, it's that it is so obviously out of place that it makes poor JM's head look ready to tip her over. It also doesn't help that she's looked a bit gaunt and peaked as of late, or maybe that's just unfortunate makeup choices. Wig is just taking over. :/

The wig ... I won't be satisfied until a Jason-Alicia love scene ends with him tearing that wig off her. Not sure if the reveal should be a huge scar, a la Melrose, or Julianna's curls a la Carol Hathaway. 

Oh my God I would never, ever stop laughing. 

• Love 6

This has been so baffling to me, this whole "Cary and Diane have never worked with/met black professionals before" storyline. WHY is the storyline even happening?????   It goes against so much of the previous storylines and character histories that I can't imagine why they're doing it at all, and why they don't think anyone in the audience will notice.  And especially in the last season!   Can it be to PREVENT a spinoff? 

I'm trying to remember group scenes with the short-lived Florrick-Agos firm. My memory is that it was a pretty diverse group, but I could be wrong. But the thing that drives me crazy is what the heck happened to all those people who were a part of that firm?? 

I actually enjoyed this episode more than stuff earlier this season, I guess because we're back to the main storylines being in the law firm. Although that scene with Alicia and Jason was embarrassing.

Ten bucks says the chair gets repaired unbeknownst to Alicia and boom! she still overcompensates and falls anyway. Belly laughs all around.

It's really too bad there are no firms that would be interested in hiring a Governor's wife with clients and tons of experience to be a partner or a corporate general counsel or something, anything, other than Diane and Cary and their crappy chair.

Is Lucca really such an unusual name? 

• Love 1

Am I giving the writers too much credit that there HAS to be ANOTHER reason that Lucca and Monica are viewed as being excited to work with one another? Seriously, if not that was just atrocious writing.

OK does anyone have the statute on the charge of "trafficking of stolen goods"? I thought in the probable cause hearing, the tech guy was directly accusing Howell of stealing the prototype from his backpack? So why does it matter if Howell is a journalist or not? I can understand if they were accusing him of merely being in receipt of stolen goods, then MAYBE I can see how since he is a "journalist", then his receipt of the stolen goods could be covered under the guise of journalism or "whistleblowing" and not for the purposes of stealing it for personal gain? Even that is a stretch...so really...how does being a journalist get Howell out of a theft charge?

Once again, somebody in "that" law firm (I lost track of its name), has alcoholic beverage, opens its container, drinks it in office premises, during business hours, in the open where anybody can see.

In the organizations I have been working with, it is a fireable offence. Guess I have never worked in a place as prestigious and as reputable as "that' law firm.

I will never understand the rationale behind the Wig decision. It looks awful and so obviously fake. It doesn't fit properly. Unless JM has lost her own hair as a result of a sickness, there's no excuse that makes sense to me. If JM is the raging egomaniac who Has refused to film with certain actors, then it would stand to argue (IMO) JM would also be hyper vain, and concerned over her appearance. That matted Brillo pad she's perched on her head is doing her no favors in the attractiveness column.

Add me to the few here who dislike Lucca. She never made a good impression and I don't think she's added anything to the storyline.

I hope the law firm somehow goes up in flames as a result of whatever investigation is happening with Alicia. None of those lawyers deserve a happily ever after when this show is finally declared dead. Eli, Marissa and Mags Bennet deserve spin-offs.

• Love 1
Is Lucca really such an unusual name?

I don't think it is. Just off the top of my head, Luca Brasi (sleeps with the fishes) from The Godfather, "My Name is Luka" by Suzanne Vega, and Luka Kovac on ER all come to mind. It's certainly not so unusual that I would ask someone why they were named Luca. I don't understand why people bother to ask about that anyway because the basic answer is always, "Because my parents chose it."

I will never understand the rationale behind the Wig decision. It looks awful and so obviously fake. It doesn't fit properly. Unless JM has lost her own hair as a result of a sickness, there's no excuse that makes sense to me. If JM is the raging egomaniac who Has refused to film with certain actors, then it would stand to argue (IMO) JM would also be hyper vain, and concerned over her appearance. That matted Brillo pad she's perched on her head is doing her no favors in the attractiveness column.

She has said on several occasions that her thick curly hair takes a long time for them to style. It's easier for her to just shove it under a wig. I totally understand her reasoning, but if that were one of my stipulations then I would make sure I got to approve the wigs beforehand to make sure I didn't end up with what we've seen on her lately.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Once again, somebody in "that" law firm (I lost track of its name), has alcoholic beverage, opens its container, drinks it in office premises, during business hours, in the open where anybody can see.

In the organizations I have been working with, it is a fireable offence. Guess I have never worked in a place as prestigious and as reputable as "that' law firm.

That's an old TV cliche. The rich businessman having a minibar in his office and offering a drink to a client or colleague, or downing one in the middle of a stressful day. Usually this show is careful to avoid cliches like that, so I assume it's building up to ANOTHER TV cliche - the outwardly successful, neurotic person, stashing what they're addicted to (booze, cigs, junk food) all over their home and office and sneaking them. Although I do wonder how the show is going to introduce and resolve a plot line about Alicia being an alcoholic in the 7 episodes they have left.

• Love 1