Type keyword(s) to search

My Lottery Dream Home - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, OLynn33 said:

It's all about greed. Wanted to sell my childhood home to a young couple so they could raise a family in it after my dad died this past summer. House was resonably priced but damned investors got it (buyers lied). Immediately cut down the big beautiful maple tree in the backyard to build an inlaw suite and divided the house into a duplex for renting. And the city (barrie) only cares about the money from property taxes. Lifelong neighbours are upset and so am I. 

OMG, that's HORRIBLE!  My Dad passed in 2020.  I sold his Bronx, NY co-op which he owned for 46 years to a nice young couple looking to renovate.  They were just the people I wanted to buy it because I knew they would do it justice.  I was very lucky.  And because it was a co-op and they had to be board approved there was no way something like this could happen.  But if it had I'd never get over it....

• Love 3

I saw a repeat today around 7:30 pm with a young Salt Lake City couple who had extended family members living with them. They won 1 million and their budget was up to $450,000. David showed them a huge 5 bedroom home that was around 5,000 square feet. The basement was larger than many homes. Only problem was that the price was $479,000, almost 30K over budget. The couple made a really low ball offer of $378,000 and it was accepted. 😳 That's $100,000 under the asking price. What a bargain!

Idk what the original air date was but David didn't have a single tattoo. His face was also fuller; I think he has lost weight over the years. It made me sad to watch this episode because he used to be so adorable. I can hardly stand to look at him now.

• Love 5

Tonight's new episode is in Poughkeepsie, NY, in the Hudson Valley.   They won $5 million on a $20 scratcher.   

1. Hillside Abode, 3 bed 2 bath, 1723 sq. ft., almost 1 acre, $475k, great kitchen, small ensuite.  Great backyard.

2. Fisher Heights, a new build.   4 bed, 3 bath, 3400 sq. ft., $475k, huge main bedroom, and main bathroom.  I loved this house.  

3. Hudson Point, 4 bed, 3 bath, 1776 sq. ft., $545k, with a huge pool.    nicely remodeled, but still not as big as #2. 

They chose #2, and for once I picked the right one. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I liked the Poughkeepsie couple. The house they picked was decorated, so it was clear to me which was theirs. I’d be worried about the grade in the back yard, though. Water is going to drain down that hill directly toward their basement.

• Love 3

Just watched 6 episodes of the British version.  I really like seeing the British properties and hearing the generally positive comments from the lottery winners (this version includes inheritances as well as various lotteries).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Martha and Scott, $1 million on a scratcher.    They want a 3 bed, 2 bath, a nice yard.   Budget $300 to $340k.     In Winter Park Florida, or Maitland, or Casselbery.  In David's area in Orlando.  The closed captioning is having issues, instead of Lanai, it said Island. 

Spoiler

1.  Concord Creek-I think it's in Casselbery,  3 bed  2bath 2 car garage,  1300 sq ft, $285,000    split bedroom plan, smallish kitchen, but very well finished, all remodeled.    Back yard need some work, and pool or lanai added.  Main Bedroom is nice, but smaller, and with an en suite.   

2.  Green Meadow in Winter Park. Lots of amenities, but no garage.   3 bed 2 bath 1100sq. ft. $299,000 because of the location.    Smaller, but very nice.   Main bedroom is very nice, nice closet, nice en suite bathroom with a tub/shower combo, kitchen needs a little work,  the outdoor space is only a lovely patio, only grass is in the front yard.   Lots of amenities, include tennis courts, parks.  

3.  Sable Palm Way, in Winter Park.  3 bed 2bath 1540 sq. ft. $335,000.    2 car garage.   Living, kitchen and dining in one room.    kitchen needs stone counter tops.     2 guest bedroom, and guest bath has a green tub.    Main bedroom is huge, with a stand alone closet, plus a walk in.   Back yard has a great pool and it's a bird cage.   

I hope they get #3.   They chose #1. 

• Love 1

Adirondacks, NY: repeat of $5M winner who already has a log cabin and wants something on the water.

I’ve seen this a couple times and just don’t like the episode. Maybe the winner and her friend are uncomfortable on camera, but the tiny budget of $200K for a basic 4 walls and the unfunny dialogue with the giggling…I felt David really earned his money on this one.

Edited by Kiddvideo
  • Love 1

In Salem, Massachusetts.   Winners are John and Danielle, $100k for a down payment, from a parent's win. They want 2 or 3 bed, 2 bath, updated kitchen.  Budget $650k to $750k.   Beverly, or Salem.    

1.  Crane's Rest-in Salem.  Attached townhome, 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 1 car garage, 2020 sq. ft. $699,900.  HOA fee isn't big.   Lovely kitchen.   Carpet only on the stairs, everything else hardwood, great main bedroom and closet, en suite is fantastic, and finished basement.   great backyard, patio, BBQ, firepit.  

2.  Beverly's Spirit in Beverly.  3 bed,  2 bath, 1590 sq. ft., $669,900 single family over 100 years old.  Totally renovated, and recently.    Lovely kitchen.    No carpet.   Original hardwood floors.   No ensuite, but main bedroom is nice.   2nd floor bath is great.   Nice size yard.  1 car detached garage.   

3. Harmony Hill, in Salem, single family, oldest house, built in 1890, in Salem. 5 bed, 3 bath,1584 sq. ft., $630k.  Totally remodeled.   Double pane windows, kitchen is fantastic, full bath on first floor, and two stairways going up, steep stairs, main bedroom has two closets, no en suite, laundry on second floor, 2nd floor bath is fantastic, another bedroom, third floor has another bath, and 2 bedrooms, up steep stairs.    Biggest back yard.   

I think like #3, and they actually chose #3.    I like that house, but I bet the steep stairs will get old in a hurry.  I think it's far superior to the HOA fee, attached #1.   

On the 100th episode they had a lot of behind the scenes information, and David showed the people who have a database, and contact potential show subjects.    I'm guessing very few want to be on TV, and have everyone know they're now rich, or are potential money sources for them.    

I think a lot of the episodes are because one partner wanted to be on the show, and the other may be camera shy, or just not into being on TV.   I don't think they will film just one partner, unless they're a good reason the other partner can't participate. 

I always like when the winners pick something without a steep HOA fee attached.    I remember one, in Connecticut or Rhode Island, where the HOA fee for the place the man bought scared me.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Salem, MA: This one was kinda pushing it, I thought. One of their parents gave them $100k from the parents’ lottery win. If your budget is up to $700k that extra money wasn’t why they hadn’t moved from Boston center.

Does she ever let her husband talk? She responded to all of David’s comments, and the husband would work in a remark occasionally. I found that irritating. Plus she made that awful joke about only one closet, so where was her husband going to put his clothes. 🙄He said about two sentences in the goodbye montage.

All 3 houses were pretty big, but I’m glad they didn’t pick the duplex. Why go back to apartment-style living when you have that kind of budget and are moving to a much smaller town.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

Salem, MA: This one was kinda pushing it, I thought. One of their parents gave them $100k from the parents’ lottery win. If your budget is up to $700k that extra money wasn’t why they hadn’t moved from Boston center.

Yeah, and not only are the stairs going to get old, the house itself is very old, which means that no matter how good the renovation, in a few years they're going to be shelling out more money on repairs.  I've been to Salem a few times, even went there last Summer.  Unless you're into the touristy stuff (which I am not) it gets old real fast, especially during the tourist season.  David commented on the "double line" street.  That's a busy area.  In the Summer that street is going to be much busier, plus I found the house online and it's right smack across the street from Salem Hospital.  You could see it and a big parking lot across the street from the house when her mother came to visit.  Unless one or both of them worked there I would never choose to live in such a location if I had the choice (and they seem to have the choice).  Plus doing a Google Maps street view, it's not a very attractive neighborhood AT ALL.  I actually think they would have been better off with the duplex.  As two family houses go, it was pretty nice, only 4 years old and on a dead end street.  And they couldn't go wrong with Beverly either.  It's a very very nice town.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, and not only are the stairs going to get old, the house itself is very old,

Those stairs were awful. I thought the fact that the house was only a few feet away from the house next door kind of ruined the whole point of a free-standing home.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kenzie said:

Those stairs were awful. I thought the fact that the house was only a few feet away from the house next door kind of ruined the whole point of a free-standing home.

If a house is going to be that close give me a row home. At least the heating bills would be lower.

• Love 2

Holy crap, I just a 2019 rerun:  "Gone with the Win"

It was a Blonde lady from Tennessee who won 12 million dollars with 19 of her coworkers.  That episode had plot twist after plot twist!  It was so fascinating!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Holy crap, I just a 2019 rerun:  "Gone with the Win"

It was a Blonde lady from Tennessee who won 12 million dollars with 19 of her coworkers.  That episode had plot twist after plot twist!  It was so fascinating!

I was so glad when she broke up with the boyfriend.   Building a mansion on his family land was ridiculously foolish.     She would have no claim to a house she paid for, no matter what contracts were in place between the two of them.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I was so glad when she broke up with the boyfriend.  

Did you notice that David kept making jabs about the boyfriend using her for the money??? hahahahhah I noticed AT LEAST 2..... maybe there was three?

9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Building a mansion on his family land was ridiculously foolish.     She would have no claim to a house she paid for, no matter what contracts were in place between the two of them.    

Then again, the show presented this as David's idea, which just makes David look silly too.

Watching a season 7 repeat (2019)now.  A couple who served 6 years in the Air Force got a $100,000 settlement from the military and are looking in the Virginia Beach area. Their budget is $415,000 max and it really buys a lot in this area. At least it did 3 years ago. 

• Love 1

New episode was also in Virginia. She says she hates carpet in the bedroom and wanted more trees. So they chose the only house with carpet in the bedrooms and no trees in the backyard. $349K I think, budget was $350-$375. I notice they're no longer confirming what they actually paid.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

New episode was also in Virginia. She says she hates carpet in the bedroom and wanted more trees. So they chose the only house with carpet in the bedrooms and no trees in the backyard. $349K I think, budget was $350-$375. I notice they're no longer confirming what they actually paid.

At least they were a nice couple. But he certainly didn't dress to impress. Yeah I wear sweats on weekends but not if I was going to be on tv.

• Love 1
On 2/26/2022 at 4:35 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

New episode was also in Virginia. She says she hates carpet in the bedroom and wanted more trees. So they chose the only house with carpet in the bedrooms and no trees in the backyard.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Maybe they're just trying to throw us off.

Although I would have said the same thing about the carpet and ironically I bought a house with carpet in the bedrooms, although the rest of the house does not.

• Love 1

Good episode, I enjoyed it.  I mean, I'd pick the house with the most space too.  (Was it the most square footage?).  I also liked the ceilings, whereas they felt low in house #3.

They did pick the house with the least amount of privacy though.

• Love 1
(edited)

Phoenix, for the first time on the show.

Babs is moving back to Phoenix, where she grew up and her best friend Janet lives.   Babs and Janet went to high school together. Babs won $60,000 on a video Bingo game.  Janet lives in Cave Creek with her husband Dave, and Babs lives in Mesa, so she wants to move close to Cave Creek, in North Phoenix.  Looking for 3 bed, 2 bath, 1500 to 2000 sq. ft., price $500k to $575k

House 1- Paradise Oasis, 3 bed,2 bath, 1566 sq. ft., $550k move in ready.  Babs will get an en suite with this one, she hasn't had an en suite before.  There's a hot tub too.   Front and back yard are landscaped very nicely.  Front and back 'grass' is fake turf.  I thought the house seemed small, especially the living room. 

House 2- Copper Cave, 3 bed,2  bath, 1829 sq. ft., $550k, very low maintenance.   I love this one, but kitchen seems small for the size of the house.   Huge main bedroom, and big bathroom (with one of the walk in tubs/shower combo), and huge walk-in closet.  Another hot tub.   Turf in the front and back yard is fake grass.

House 3-Desert Casita, 4 bed, 2 bath, 1706 sq. ft., $519k but no landscaping in the back yard.  Front yard has a big tree, and the rest rock.   The kitchen is the biggest of the three houses.  Three guest bedrooms are nice, main bedroom is nice, en suite is smallish.   Back yard has no landscaping.   

She chooses #2. Copper Cave.   I love that one.   The third was better inside, but the yard needed so much work, it would have been over budget.   The first one seemed too small. 

The prices in Phoenix have really gone up.    If she's selling her current place, and the $60,000 is only part of the down payment, then I bet she'll have a very minimal mortgage.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I was pleasantly surprised that she had such a healthy budget since her winnings weren't super massive.  $60,000 is a lot of money but in terms of this show and what they're purchasing, it's not a ton if she doesn't have some other income. 

I was surprised how small I felt the houses were for that kind of money.  All the living rooms felt claustrophobic.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I was pleasantly surprised that she had such a healthy budget since her winnings weren't super massive.  $60,000 is a lot of money but in terms of this show and what they're purchasing, it's not a ton if she doesn't have some other income. 

I was surprised how small I felt the houses were for that kind of money.  All the living rooms felt claustrophobic.

Maybe she had another house to sell to use the equity.  I was also shocked at how expensive Phoenix is now.  The two women were fun but the show is really stretching the premise by including bingo winnings of only 60,000.  You know that's not enough to buy the house.  It kind of defeats the purpose of the show if they can only use the winnings for a down payment, too.  We've had poker, inheritances, contest winnings, insurance settlements, you name it.  Is it that hard to find people for the show that actually won the lottery?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Is it that hard to find people for the show that actually won the lottery?

I know I’d never advertise my winning. I didn’t catch David’s former catchphrase, My Millionaire(s), and they’ve gone beyond the original premise. It’s David, fun guy and designer, in HH Windfall Home Buyers. Now with design tips from David!

• Love 3

On the 100th show they stretched the 30 minutes to an hour, with all kinds of behind the scenes information added in.    They have a few people on the production staff who have compiled databases of lottery winners, and contest winners.         The numbers of the winners at that time was over 200.    I'm just surprised that so many have agreed to be on the show.   

• Love 1

Scratch Offs:  Cashed up in Cartersville (Atlanta.  $350-400,000 budget.)

Good episode!

I liked the couple, especially the wife.  (And the kids at the end.)

I would have walked right out of the first house, but I was much happier with the 2nd and the 3rd. 

Spoiler

I noticed that the first two houses were not staged, so I assumed they'd pick the third.

I was absolutely right, LOL.

The finished basement was innccrreeddddddddddible.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Im watching David show a couple a home in Bethany Beach, Delaware, Season 11, Ep. 3. I've only been watching for a few weeks so I can't place this in time, but David has no neck or hand tattoos. Was this filmed before all the ink, or had he covered up with makeup? 

(Watching house-hunting type shows is my guilty pleasure.  I broke my shoulder in January (tripped on a rug!) and was searching for a distraction. Somehow the formula, the structure, the pattern of these shows felt comforting and soothing and kept me from gnawing my arm off.)

• Love 4
On 3/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, buttersister said:

I know I’d never advertise my winning. I didn’t catch David’s former catchphrase, My Millionaire(s), and they’ve gone beyond the original premise. It’s David, fun guy and designer, in HH Windfall Home Buyers. Now with design tips from David!

You know, after thinking this over, I'll bet it's hard to find lottery winners that a) want to be on TV, b) are looking for or have recently bought a house and c) are somewhere that the show wants to film and d) that they think are presentable to put on TV.  All of that probably narrows it down a lot.  That's probably why we have seen some episodes with dinky "meh" little houses in sketchy neighborhoods (that they conveniently hide from the camera) and some where it looks like they're not using much if any of their winnings to purchase the house.  They have to make a few compromises somewhere.

There's no way to know how much money the winners, or other participants have paid off in previous loans, student loans, credit cards, back support or other payments.   Some are probably only house shopping with what they have left after paying off bills for themselves, or other family.    If there's a parent in a nursing facility, then that's a huge bill for the nice one, I've known people who paid up to $10k a month, after a big down payment to buy into the home.   I'm sure some were living on the ragged edge before they came into some money.      Also, they might have opted for the cash payout on the big jackpots, and that's a lot less than the annuity payments.   Plus, taxes in that bracket are a big percentage.  

I just watch for the houses, and to meet the people.   There's only one set of house hunters I didn't like, because I don't think the husband wanted to do this, and was pushed into it by the wife.     

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There's no way to know how much money the winners, or other participants have paid off in previous loans, student loans, credit cards, back support or other payments.   Some are probably only house shopping with what they have left after paying off bills for themselves, or other family.    If there's a parent in a nursing facility, then that's a huge bill for the nice one, I've known people who paid up to $10k a month, after a big down payment to buy into the home.   I'm sure some were living on the ragged edge before they came into some money.      Also, they might have opted for the cash payout on the big jackpots, and that's a lot less than the annuity payments.   Plus, taxes in that bracket are a big percentage.  

I just watch for the houses, and to meet the people.   There's only one set of house hunters I didn't like, because I don't think the husband wanted to do this, and was pushed into it by the wife.     

Oh I get all that, but it's kind of hard to swallow that all those people that won a few million can only afford $200,000 or less house even if they had a lot of debt.  There've been quite a few of those.  Unless they're all a million in the hole and giving a lot away to friends and family, which I don't buy is happening as often as it would have to for that situation to be the case.  Even if they planned to live on their money for the rest of their lives investments would help achieve more earnings so it's not like that's it so they have to be THAT thrifty with the house.  Plus I'm sure some of them will still choose to work.  I think some of it is fear and being afraid they'll spend too much so they underbuy on the house.  I'd actually understand that especially if they come from a poor background.

And now we're seeing more of them that didn't win much money and bought a house that cost much more than they won, and are probably relying on their savings or equity in their existing home for the rest.  I think one recent one could pretty much use their winnings as a down payment and the rest was on them.

• Love 2

Rerun in Cleveland—a million dollar ticket they almost lost. Sorry, but house #2 was a tiny thing that needed a ton of work. Millionaires looking at houses that look like the “before “ house being moved out of, I don’t know. The Hunter asked if the sectional was included and we know what that means. 

Of course, they chose that one, mainly because it’s down the street from family. Tiny kitchen. No dishwasher. Tiny baths. I wish they’d just let David find homes for people and suggest some decorating ideas. 

• Love 3

It's just like a regular "House Hunters" show where they have to factor in the budget as well as location, style, etc. The dream of winning the lottery is, to me at least, to find the most over-the-top luxurious home available. If I want the fantasy, I want to see huge rooms, extra rooms that I don't even need, room for a huge pool with gazebo, hot tub and tennis court. I don't swim or play tennis, but I want to have those amenities just because. Give me the fantasy!

• Love 4

I liked David during the Design Star days but each year I find him more insufferable.

And the stupid banter on this show.  Everyone is a "cutie" or "adorable" no matter how dull or drab they are. 

I'm not anti-tat and its not my body, but ugh, he just looks worse every time I see him.

• Love 4
(edited)

Season 12 Episode 1- "Millionaire Mama".  

Miami winner Stephanie is buying her first house, with daughter Brittany alone.   She won $1 million, on a scratch off.  She wants3 beds, 2 baths, anywhere in Miami, $400 to $450k budget Stephanie raised her three daughter in an apartment in Miami,  and is ready for a place of her own.   The further south you go in Miami, the cheaper the price.  

House 1-Anchor Bay, townhome, 3 bed, 2.5 bath,1650 sq ft, 1 car garage, $450k.   Main bedroom is spectacular. with a smallish walk in closet, and en suite.  A nice patio, fenced in back.   community pool.    Did they mention the HOAs? Gated, with the most amenities.   

House 2- Golden Preserve, Single Family, 3  bed, 2 bath, 1150 sq ft, $429k. very modern, totally remoldeled. 30 minutes south of Miramar, screened back covered porch/lanai , floors are all tile.  main suite with en suite, and walk in closet is spacious.  Lots of gold touches in the house. Move in ready.  Kitchen has all gold hardware, and touches on the back splash, I like that they didn't mix metals in that room.   There's some back yard to mow.  Too far from family. 

House 3- Garden Grove, townhouse, 4 bed, 3 bath, 1840 sq ft. $405,500, 1 car garage.  all tile floors downstairs, carpet upstairs. there's a nice kitchen, and a small family room on the back. 2 parking spaces, plus the garage. Main bedroom is lovely and the en suite.  2 guest bedrooms are nice, and the office. back patio has a screened stand alone gazebo.    1 main floor bedroom with a bath.   It wasn't hard to guess with the decoration. 

She chooses #3 , I liked all three, considering the prices in Miami, but would have gone with #1. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I didn't like this episode.  The women were over the top annoying, had dreadful fashion sense, and I didn't like any of the homes.  On top of that she picked the absolute worst one. The first one would have been a better choice, although more expensive.  For someone that mentioned feng shui she sure went out of her way to pick a place that didn't have any.  The first floor was like a little shoebox, more like a hallway than a room.  It was claustrophobic.  They must have had to buy kids' furniture to stage it and put a mirror in to make the dining area look bigger.  I doubt either of them could fit in that tiny tub, which was was blocked by a wall half way down.  No privacy at all in the back and a nice view of the chain link fence.  If that's all $400,000 buys you in Florida these days, they can keep it.  For once the home buyers were so loud and OTT they drowned David out.  He seemed much less annoying and loud than usual by comparison.

• Love 4
(edited)

New episode.   Burleson, TX.       This is going to be a teary episode. 

"Heartfelt Inspiration" Sandra and Michael lost their 10 year old Amberlynin a car accident in 2018, and have been fighting to get justice for her in the court system.    They want to start the area's only female-run brewery, and Sandra will be the first female brewer in Dallas/Fort Worth area.   They've been renting for 10 years in the area. 

I love David's cactus sweater. 

House is for Sandra, Michael and two sons,  3-5 bed, 3 bath $600k-$750k budget.  

House 1- Hollow Ranch, outside town, 5  bed, 4 bath 3400sq ft $725k, on just under 2 acres.  First floor is hardwood and tile, second floor is carpeted.  Not new, but totally redone, Huge main bedroom, en suite, and closets.  I think the bedrooms are all on the second floor,  I love the huge covered second floor balcony.  

House 2-Stones BLuff, gated community, 4  bed, 4.5bath , 3600 sq ft $700k I love the wood kitchen, instead of the white everything else is,  all bedrooms on the first floor.  Main bedroom and bath are spectacular, main closet if enormous,  (I'm over white kitchens for a while after seeing the Palm Springs House Hunters the other night, with the first house being a shiny white box of an interior, and I mean every surface.).   If they decide it's too much brown, then can always reface the cabinets to any color they want, and paint the range hood or other finishes.)   

House 3- Timber Creek , new build, 3 bed3 bath 3200+sq ft $695k backs up to a golf course.  Main bedroom and bathroom are fantastic, with a huge closet, one more bed and bath on first floor, second floor has guest bedrooms, and bath.   

I love #2, and that's the one they chose.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

They didn't say. No real details were given, just that she was killed in a car accident and they got a settlement after fighting for 3 years. She was a cute kid :(. It was bugging me why Burleson, TX sounded so familiar and I finally remembered why near the end. It's the hometown of Original American Idol, Kelly Clarkson.

I liked the house they chose but I have to disagree on one point, the kitchen is so relentlessly brown. Pretty much every thing is brown. The cabinets should be changed to cream or off-white.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

^^^^^ Haven't seen the above episode yet, but the car accident didn't involve a DWI/DUI, did it, @CrazyInAlabama

I sure hope not, because then a female run brewery, or any brewery would be a horrible idea for a business venture.

I really doubt that it did.    I don't know anything about the case, but I don't think that would have been said as 'getting justice for Amberlynn".     How sad for the mother and stepdad to lose the little girl, and for her brothers to lose their sister.   My condolences to all of Amberlyn's family and friends.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I liked the house they chose but I have to disagree on one point, the kitchen is so relentlessly brown. Pretty much every thing is brown. The cabinets should be changed to cream or off-white.

Why? Why not black/blue/green/red/purple? Why not change the backsplash or floor? Why not just enjoy the wood, as I am assuming that by brown you mean they were unpainted wood not actually painted brown. Not everyone wants an all white kitchen which so relentlessly white. 

Are they buying the place because they won the lawsuit? Because from the little I read it sounded like the fault of the driver they were backing, not the other sides. 

If they are buying due to winning a lawsuit, it makes it seem like winning a lawsuit is like winning the lottery which it isn't.  The lost of a child in no way is "winning" anything, so it disappoints me that they are on "My Lottery Dream Home."  However, as I don't really pay absolute attention, I may be wrong and that they did win a lottery.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

If they are buying due to winning a lawsuit, it makes it seem like winning a lawsuit is like winning the lottery which it isn't.  The lost of a child in no way is "winning" anything, so it disappoints me that they are on "My Lottery Dream Home."  However, as I don't really pay absolute attention, I may be wrong and that they did win a lottery.  

David did say it was a very different episode, with a sad story, and nothing involving winning.  

• Love 2