Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E28: Girl Meets Commonism

I agree that the writing for the show is uneven.  Some episodes are very good, but this one was quite simply stupid.  Cheating is the equivalent of communism??????  Huh?????????  

And the idea that Maya was somehow learning from copying answers from Farkle was beyond absurd.  You don't learn from cheating, and sending the children who watch this show the message that you do is utterly irresponsible.    If Disney and the writers are attempting to teach some sort of lesson, they failed miserably.  Riley, Farkle, and Maya would and should all have been suspended from school for some period of time.  Feeny, Feeny, Feeny, where are you when we need you?

• Love 1
Have they almost run out of season 1 episodes from the vault? Because it's always really jarring when they try to slip them in as new.

This episode (production number 206, according to Wikipedia) thankfully appears to be the last episode before the Farkle game-changing "Girl Meets Yearbook" (#214) to be aired.

I've gotten off track on this show so I need a little help. This is still season 2, right? Disney chops the seasons up like MTV does with Fakin' It and how USA splits up its shows into winter and summer seasons, right?

So, I did stumble upon an episode where Farkle is less nerdy and needy and he was taller, more serious and without the young Bieber hair style. When did this change happen and why do we see throwback Farkle here? Are the eps being shown out of sequence?

Clue me in, folks.

So, I did stumble upon an episode where Farkle is less nerdy and needy and he was taller, more serious and without the young Bieber hair style. When did this change happen and why do we see throwback Farkle here? Are the eps being shown out of sequence?

I think this might have still been a holdover from season 1. Disney is really bad about showing the episodes out of sequence.

Ugh, this episode was awful.

I agree, and I unabashedly love this show but this was crap! The only good thing about it to me was Zay. This is one episode where I wish they would have went the standard after school special route. Give a clear message you cheat you get in trouble. Not them spinning it as wonderful now Maya's learning, with the commie stuff. It just was so weird and disjointed, uggh! 

• Love 1

Why do I feel like this episode was written by Hillary Clinton?

Have they almost run out of season 1 episodes from the vault? Because it's always really jarring when they try to slip them in as new.

Was Zay around in season 1?  I thought he didn't appear until season 2.  

The Zay exorcism thing was just...uncommonly funny. I couldn't even tell you what it was that was funny about it, it just was. Keep this guy.

He was just so matter the fact about it and then his crazy tongue face pushed it over the top. It was kinda perfect.

• Love 5

I think the most humane thing to do at this point is to send Riley to a special school. Mainstreaming is obviously no longer working. I always got the impression that Topanga knows her daughter is an easily led moron, but in this episode, I think Corey finally faces the fact Riley is an idiot.

• Love 8

The Zay exorcism thing was just...uncommonly funny. I couldn't even tell you what it was that was funny about it, it just was. Keep this guy.

Zay is literally the only reason I continue to watch tbh.

There are no words for this episode. It was somehow boring, horrible, and bizarre all at the same time.

• Love 5

I thought this episode started off really well and then came crashing down.  There was so much potential to explain different types of governments, but ended up being "our way is the right way because it's our way"

Still trying to decide which episode I like the least - this one or Girl Meets 1961,

The part that got me was the stuff with the American flag at the end. Communism doesn't mean everyone is average. To me, it means everyone is looking out for each other. There were just so many moments where my eyes almost rolled out of my head. 

• Love 1

I think this might have still been a holdover from season 1. Disney is really bad about showing the episodes out of sequence.

Nope this as season 2. Early season 2 but still season 2. Tonight's episode was so much better and seems to be laying the ground work for the season finale.

Edited by Skyfall