Type keyword(s) to search

Seasons 1-3: High School Years

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2019 at 9:46 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

This season begins the period known as "Brenda Walsh: Hair to Die For"

Yes! Pop should be getting to the Paris episodes soon, and I think she looks stunning in those. Not just her hair, but cute wardrobe too. The only bad thing is that’s the beginning of the end for her and Dylan. 

• Love 6

She really does. In the specific scene, where they eat brains, & Brenda politely spits it out, while Donna just opens her mouth & lets it fall to her plate (not knocking, that was an awesome Tori Spelling scene), she is so strikingly beautiful that the camera just kinda stays on her, taking it in. I say that as a Kelly fan, Brenda was stunningly beautiful at that time. Season 4, not so much, but in the summer of deception, she was gorgeous. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, meggonzo said:

It's amusing that Donna was the one picked for a "modeling career" instead of Brenda.

It's because Tori had a face only a father could love (and he did) so he made her a model a few times and had every guy in all of California falling in with her. Sureee.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

It's because Tori had a face only a father could love (and he did) so he made her a model a few times and had every guy in all of California falling in with her. Sureee.

That's because Tori resembles her father, unfortunately for her.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Not anymore. She's barely recognizable. That said, I found Aaron to be..not handsome or good looking, but not ugly, either. Does that make sense?

10 hours ago, nkotb said:

She really does. In the specific scene, where they eat brains, & Brenda politely spits it out, while Donna just opens her mouth & lets it fall to her plate (not knocking, that was an awesome Tori Spelling scene), she is so strikingly beautiful that the camera just kinda stays on her, taking it in. I say that as a Kelly fan, Brenda was stunningly beautiful at that time. Season 4, not so much, but in the summer of deception, she was gorgeous. 

I haven't watched a whole episode of 90210 in years, but a couple years ago I caught the season two episode where Brenda gets held up at the Peach Pit. In the scene where she's kneeling on the floor sobbing and Dylan and Brandon come back in from taking out the trash, I remember thinking, "Wow, Shannen looks gorgeous, even when she's sobbing on the ground." I also thought she had the best wardrobe of all the girls in the high school years.

I also agree with you about season 4. It was sad to see how deflated she was after Dylan broke up with her. Her hair didn't look as good (though that may have had to do with real life health issues) and personally I think she looks better with bangs. Even her clothing wasn't as good as it had been in high school. 

• Love 1

Yes. From season 3 to 4, Shannen looked much older . Her eyebrows were terrible and she didn’t look youthful anymore . And I agree , she looked better with the bangs . 

• Love 2
On 4/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, doodlebug said:

Yeah Aaron Spelling was not a handsome man and his features only looked slightly better on a woman’s face. I don’t think Tori Spelling was ugly or anything, at this time (seasons 3-4) she had a very cute figure- tall and straight was big in So Cal then and now (the implants would’ve even been okay if she went a size smaller, but she was so thin they were too big for her size) and her hair was styled well. But compared to the other ladies in the cast (including Gabrielle Carteris) she had the least pretty face. 

I’m watching the SOD episodes on Pop now, and I find it amazing that Dylan was making Googoo eyes at Kelly with Brenda gone a few WEEKS. Six weeks is like nothing. The plane hadn’t landed yet and he was flirting with her BFF. Wtf. 

I can see during these episodes other young guys in the program thinking Donna was attractive and flirting with her, but a MODEL? No. 

• Love 2

Every time I rewatch the Dylan/Kelly summer fling I get so aggravated at Dylan. Ok, so they bonded and flirted and kissed while Brenda was away. Crappy thing to do but they could’ve admitted it was a mistake and moved on. Which Kelly wanted to do. But then Dylan acts hurt and makes her feel guilty for wanting to end it for Brenda’s sake. What did he want, exactly? He didn’t seem to want to dump Brenda yet he acts wounded when Kelly tried to move past it. He didn’t want Kelly to dismiss what happened but was fine making out with Brenda in front of her when she came back from Paris. I liked Dylan in general but in that story arc he sucked and both Kelly and Brenda should’ve washed their hands of him and moved on. And yes, it still bothers me after nearly 30 years. Lol! Glad I have you guys to understand me. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Every time I rewatch the Dylan/Kelly summer fling I get so aggravated at Dylan. Ok, so they bonded and flirted and kissed while Brenda was away. Crappy thing to do but they could’ve admitted it was a mistake and moved on. Which Kelly wanted to do. But then Dylan acts hurt and makes her feel guilty for wanting to end it for Brenda’s sake. What did he want, exactly? He didn’t seem to want to dump Brenda yet he acts wounded when Kelly tried to move past it. He didn’t want Kelly to dismiss what happened but was fine making out with Brenda in front of her when she came back from Paris. I liked Dylan in general but in that story arc he sucked and both Kelly and Brenda should’ve washed their hands of him and moved on. And yes, it still bothers me after nearly 30 years. Lol! Glad I have you guys to understand me. 

This is why I've got the slew of episodes leading up to this still saved and unwatched on my dvr. I DREAD having to go through this again. And boy did Kelly get over Jake realfast. Huh. No wonder Kelly and Dylan didn't last--he was her REBOUND, if she wuved Jake. I just HATE and LOATHE how the show "purified" Kelly because, as I stated up thread, Shannen was on her way out. And Dylan was an ASS.

Though I love Dylan and Brenda, I'm not blind to their faults. But Dylan.WAS.AN.ASS.

But "Reeek" was an idiot, who couldn't tell that Brenda's accent was so not authentic. Even as someone as plebian as myself, 🙄 at Brenda's French "accent."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, desertflower said:

Dylan wanted what a lot of men (and women) is his position want- he wanted the option of Kelly as the side piece and to keep his relationship with Brenda!!!! He ONLY called Kelly to have an actual date after Brenda ended things with him! Had Brenda never dumped him he would’ve gladly strung Kelly along. I think he only chose Kelly because he was upset that Brenda didn’t show up when his Dad got out of prison. 

And then after he was “with Kelly” he kept emotionally cheating on her with Brenda. Dylan and Kelly as soulmates only happened because Shannon left the show. 

• Love 9

I watched the classic Pigskin Prom episode yesterday, also affectionately known as The Electric Slide to Cure Racism. Lol. Lots of good, bad, and hilarious in that one.

Good: Jordan Bonner. Brenda and Donna line dancing; they were cute and having fun. Return appearances of Tony Miller and Kyle...it was nice the show was attempting to have some reoccurring minor characters, because we all know their history of making people disappear after one ep. 

Bad: Brandon’s endless lecturing on how everyone should feel about everything. Donna’s spanx garment worn as a dress. David’s dancing onstage.

Hilarious: Sue Scanlon’s random woo-hooing at David’s soundcheck. Heehee, I’m chuckling just thinking about it. So goofy. 

Ok, don’t kill me but I think David’s rapping was actually not bad. Definitely a step above his singing performance at the beach club. 

• Love 3
On 4/8/2019 at 6:42 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Dylan wanted what a lot of men (and women) is his position want- he wanted the option of Kelly as the side piece and to keep his relationship with Brenda!!!!

Except that Dylan, up to this point of the show, was not LIKE THAT at all. Otherwise he would have had a "side piece" when Brenda broke up with him the first time. But he didn't. It was all so stupid and lazy.

4 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Brenda and Donna line dancing; they were cute and having fun.

I think I remember David and Brenda dancing too? Or was that a different episode I'm thinking of? Oh wait, it is. Brenda and David dancing happened after Brenda came back from Minneapolis and there was a dancing contest. Or something.

As you can guess, by the lack of posts, I've accrued up to 21 episodes unwatched on my dvr. I think I'm gonna have to be drunk to get through them.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think I remember David and Brenda dancing too? Or was that a different episode I'm thinking of? Oh wait, it is. Brenda and David dancing happened after Brenda came back from Minneapolis and there was a dancing contest. Or something.

Yeah, that was in college. At the dance I mentioned David was onstage the whole time. I do like that scene you mentioned, David and Brenda had some good unexplored chemistry. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, desertflower said:

David and Brenda had some good unexplored chemistry. 

I think it was because both Shannen and Brian were child actors who grew up in the business. They were never on each others' shows (at least I don't recall seeing Brian on Little House on the Prairie or Our House, or Shannen on Knots Landing), but Hollywood is at times, an incestuous group, so I think they may have seen each other during award season? Just speculating here. And they had a natural chemistry. Hell, I think Shannen had chemistry with everyone. Then again, chemistry is subjective, so...

• Love 1

I also seem to remember that after Shannen left and there were so many articles about how difficult she was, Brian was one of the only ones to say he really missed her. So I’m thinking they probably had a good relationship. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I also seem to remember that after Shannen left and there were so many articles about how difficult she was, Brian was one of the only ones to say he really missed her. So I’m thinking they probably had a good relationship. 

Yup. Along with Tori and even Luke, I think. Ian trash talked her, as did Jenny. I can't recall what, if anything, Jason had to say.

I just started a rewatch of the pilot with my teenage daughter. She was a fan of Luke Perry in Riverdale & wanted to see Luke's earlier work. I can't believe it's been almost 30 years since the pilot aired.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Except that Dylan, up to this point of the show, was not LIKE THAT at all. Otherwise he would have had a "side piece" when Brenda broke up with him the first time. But he didn't. It was all so stupid and lazy.

Except he did, since when he and Brenda went to Mexico, the employees asked him if he brought Stacy.  Supposedly he had brought her the previous summer when he and Brenda were broken up, even though that didn't make sense with the episodes at the time.

Plus, there was that whole working Shadowcaster thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/2/2014 at 2:53 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

The thing that bothers me most about the basketball episode is that despite her earlier protests, which were spot on, Andrea gets herself involved in Brandon's witch hunt. She had no business judging anyone's fitness to attend West Beverly when she didn't even meet the bare minimum requirement herself.

I just saw this episode. She did tell Brandon that she was excluded due to geography but the basketball players were excluded due to race. It turned out the basketball player was allowed to attend the school because his dad worked for city of Beverly Hills.

On 5/23/2015 at 2:14 PM, Bastet said:

I remember that trend, although I think it lasted about five minutes.

My teenage daughter wears my tops all the time.

This show is SUCH A SLOG to get through after the stupidity of Baja, Mexico. I have fast forwarded most episodes through the end of season three, and DAMMIT! The episode where Dylan "chooses" The Pure, innocent, naive, who was never a shallow bint, stuck up princess Kelly didn't air, because I guess it aired right after Luke passed? I just want to watch the last two minutes where Brenda tells them that she hates them both and to never speak to her again.

But everything that lead up to it was so RIDONKULOUS. That Dylan couldn't even stay faithful for one fucking week before he started sniffing around Kelly. And she was just as bad. Hypocritical self ripping David a new one for messing around with Nikki, while she was all flirting and getting ready to betray Brenda. It was all in WARP speed. That Dylan, from almost the day he and Brenda started dating, was all about her, and watching them fall in love was so wonderful; I mean, you go from the episode where Brenda was held up (Something "Mr. Pony") to planning to go to Baja; sneaking around, forgetting her passport (DUMB), to the fallout at Jackie's wedding, to Paris, to UGH.

And do NOT get me started on how Show was turning/making Kelly this emotional, pure of heart person, who was never a Mean Girl/Stuck UP Shallow Popular girl, blah, blah, fishcakes! Oh, she be sooooo delicate and Fragyle. (spelled this way on PURPOSE). They RUINED Dylan for me in Season 3.

And had Brenda spouting that bullshit how she was sick and tired of brooding Dylan. PUHLEAZE. Another hypocrite in this lame, makes no sense story line.

And that INSULTING we are all friends, to Dylan messing with both, to no, you have to choose one. Like, why? Look at the history. Who was in a two year relationship that was the best relationship (as far as I'm concerned) to a summer fling with someone who was clearly on the rebound from an older guy, who was just plot detritus for his own show, Melrose Place.

I think I'll just pick and choose what episodes to watch until Shannen's gone. Because once she is, so am I. I stopped watching after the fifth season's first few episodes.

Why no, I'm not STILL bitter after all these years. Whatever gave you that idea?

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This show is SUCH A SLOG to get through after the stupidity of Baja, Mexico. I have fast forwarded most episodes through the end of season three, and DAMMIT! The episode where Dylan "chooses" The Pure, innocent, naive, who was never a shallow bint, stuck up princess Kelly didn't air, because I guess it aired right after Luke passed? I just want to watch the last two minutes where Brenda tells them that she hates them both and to never speak to her again.

But everything that lead up to it was so RIDONKULOUS. That Dylan couldn't even stay faithful for one fucking week before he started sniffing around Kelly. And she was just as bad. Hypocritical self ripping David a new one for messing around with Nikki, while she was all flirting and getting ready to betray Brenda. It was all in WARP speed. That Dylan, from almost the day he and Brenda started dating, was all about her, and watching them fall in love was so wonderful; I mean, you go from the episode where Brenda was held up (Something "Mr. Pony") to planning to go to Baja; sneaking around, forgetting her passport (DUMB), to the fallout at Jackie's wedding, to Paris, to UGH.

And do NOT get me started on how Show was turning/making Kelly this emotional, pure of heart person, who was never a Mean Girl/Stuck UP Shallow Popular girl, blah, blah, fishcakes! Oh, she be sooooo delicate and Fragyle. (spelled this way on PURPOSE). They RUINED Dylan for me in Season 3.

And had Brenda spouting that bullshit how she was sick and tired of brooding Dylan. PUHLEAZE. Another hypocrite in this lame, makes no sense story line.

And that INSULTING we are all friends, to Dylan messing with both, to no, you have to choose one. Like, why? Look at the history. Who was in a two year relationship that was the best relationship (as far as I'm concerned) to a summer fling with someone who was clearly on the rebound from an older guy, who was just plot detritus for his own show, Melrose Place.

I think I'll just pick and choose what episodes to watch until Shannen's gone. Because once she is, so am I. I stopped watching after the fifth season's first few episodes.

Why no, I'm not STILL bitter after all these years. Whatever gave you that idea?

Lol. I agree with the whole post. But I felt that Kelly did get her karma when her and Dylan got into a relationship and he couldn't act less into her. In my opinion, they didn't even have a honeymoon stage. Their relationship was built on deception and it was clear that Dylan just enjoyed the sex and was not emotionally into it. I think she was just a new toy to play with his favorite toy was far away. As soon as Brenda got back, he pretty much forgot that Kelly was still there. And the only reason he chose her was because she was the only one who showed up to his dads release party. Once they got together officially, he pretty much just still hung around Brenda and dropped everything for her.

• Love 4

Awww, puir Kelly has da sadz because Brenda won't talk to her or be her friend anymore. Now why would Brenda not want to talk to this bint? The "best friend" who promised in "Slumber Party" she would "NEVER try and steal" her boyfriend, and ended up doing that two years later? Guilt? She DAMN WELL DESERVES to wallow in it. And then the anvils of low self-esteem and her insistence on not eating, insecurity, and woe is me attitude. How her house was the one constant and blah, blah, BLAAAAH.

And how she made Dylan's grief over Jack's murder and his not paying attention to her ALL.ABOUT.HER. Dylan showed he still loved, cared MORE for Brenda in that episode ("The Father is the Son to the Man"?), and Kelly not wanting to go to the funeral because she had...cramps. Shows up late and is all jealous because Dylan's sitting with Brandon and Brenda. Opening her big fat mouth about the article. But Luke was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING playing Dylan's grief. Of course I didn't care for the retcon of turning Jack into this man who suddenly loved his son. And I really can't stand the sound of Josh Taylor's voice. It grates. And he's an AWFUL Roman Brady*.

I'd forgotten that Brandon supported Brenda for all of a minute right after the break up.

And just WHERE did Brandon's gambling start from? It came out of fucking NOWHERE.

And Stephanie Beacham and Jason Priestly only had a five second scene together? BAH!

And to get through this, I'm fast forwarding all scenes with Kelly and Dylan because, yuck.

And I'm still pissed that Brenda ended up having to go to Prom with that asswipesteroidpoppingdouchetasticPRICK Tony. or whatever his name was.

I'm disappointed that POPTV edited out Brenda's built up rage and anger at the self-defense class. I remember in the original airing Brenda shouting NO! while she pummeled that dummy.

*Days of Our Lives

• Love 2
On 4/2/2019 at 3:40 PM, doodlebug said:

Have you seen her mother?  Tori has her mother's face.  The two together are horrifying.  I dare you to google. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@Meatball, @Surrealist  tagging you to let you know that the Pilot and season one starts airing again on Monday, July 8!

So Show is definitely back in rotation after the Holiday!

Yes! Thank you! I hope it won’t be six-nine episodes a day. This last season is murdering my DVR.

• Love 1

Watching the Summer Episodes on Pop right now. 

Brooke, Brandon’s racist girlfriend was so well done she makes me sick in 2019. She was SO SALTY about Andrea and a bunch of children winning a sandcastle contest (which they totally deserved by the way) she brings Andrea being Jewish into it. Even if Andrea was a “rich Jewish girl from Beverly Hills”, and didn’t “need” the money from working at camp, what the FUCK does that have to do with Andrea being a great camp counselor and the kids winning?!! I kind of wished they had kept her around more to explore this phenomenon, of people so being wrapped up in the bubble of privilege that not winning a damn sand castle contest has something to do with another person’s religion. 

• Love 4

I watched the first episode of season two and  Dylan just broke my 💔💔when Brenda broke up with him. What I didn’t care for (and now I know it was done because people were clutching their pearls over them having sex) was how it made Brenda act like Sex was the ONLY thing that Dylan cared about. And we all who were watching know is just not true. We saw Brenda asking Dylan to slow thinks down in the episode they started dating. And I didn’t see any PINING from Her Speshialness either. I see this Dylan and I get all 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯🤯🤯 knowing how the show will destroy him.

And just what was so wrong with Dylan asking Brenda to go on the Pill? I don’t think he meant they’d stop having him use a condom.

Im definitely skipping the Paris episodes and the ones where the Angelification of Kelly begins.

I see Brenda, Brandon (YES! Brandon!), Cindy, and even hypocritical Jim, and I get sad at what happens to this family and show.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And just what was so wrong with Dylan asking Brenda to go on the Pill? I don’t think he meant they’d stop having him use a condom.

There wasn’t anything wrong with it!!! 😡

When Brenda started seeing Dylan I don’t know why Cindy didn’t take her to the doctor and have a contraceptive prescribed. (Same thing with Kelly’s Mom although she did push using condoms). 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

There wasn’t anything wrong with it!!! 😡

When Brenda started seeing Dylan I don’t know why Cindy didn’t take her to the doctor and have a contraceptive prescribed. (Same thing with Kelly’s Mom although she did push using condoms). 

Especially after the episode where that woman who had AIDS said just using a condom wasn’t enough.🤬🤬🤬

But, as we learned, that story line was directed as a result of pressure from the Puritans who couldn’t handle having teenagers who were in a loving, committed relationship having sex.

Like I believe that bunch of bullshit coming out of Brenda’s mouth.

• Love 2

Kelly in the beach episode : do you even know what sexy is David ? Sexy is being able to go 3 weeks without cheating on your girlfriend . 

10 minutes later : Kelly is making out with Dylan , her best friends boyfriend .. Brenda , the one who has been away the same length of time as Donna . 

Its sick watching it back and seeing how fast Kelly’s voice does the baby thing with Dylan where she sounds sweet until they get into a relationship with her . She was hitting on him the second Brenda got on the shuttle to the airport and she gave him the goo goo eyes . She was terrible then and only got worse from here on out . 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Kelly in the beach episode : do you even know what sexy is David ? Sexy is being able to go 3 weeks without cheating on your girlfriend . 

10 minutes later : Kelly is making out with Dylan , her best friends boyfriend .. Brenda , the one who has been away the same length of time as Donna . 

Its sick watching it back and seeing how fast Kelly’s voice does the baby thing with Dylan where she sounds sweet until they get into a relationship with her . She was hitting on him the second Brenda got on the shuttle to the airport and she gave him the goo goo eyes . She was terrible then and only got worse from here on out . 

I know. Brenda was gone SIX WEEKS. Six weeks. I know people can be sexually fickle but six weeks is not any length of time. Both Kelly and Dylan were awful in different ways. Dylan for wanting to have his cake and eat it too (he only ever asked Kelly out officially because Brenda dumped him), Kelly for acting like she was somehow on the moral high ground for fooling around with her best friend’s boyfriend. 

• Love 4

Oh, how WONDERRRRRRFUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLL to be back to Season One!!!!! What a PALATE CLEANSER!!!!!

And Brandon the loser. Kelly said as much and then later in the episode, forgot that she pointed him out as the loser who sat by himself eating lunch. Such a shallow twat, her.

But I so ADORE the relationship and closeness of Brandon and Brenda in the first handful of episodes. Hell, season one.

And aside from our core family, most of the core cast's parents were recast. Dylan's asshole father, Kelly's mother who we saw in episode two, Steve's mother (that was NOT Christine Belford's voice on the speaker), and Donna's mother, who was a typical Beverly Hills wife in the mother/daughter fashion show, until she was recast with Katherine Cannon, who was an uptight, hypocritical prude with the sensibilities of someone further east and then south.

And how did I miss this over the years? That in Dylan's first episode, at the end, when he's calling Paris, that his parents are STILL MARRIED? He asked for Mr. McKay first; then Mrs. McKay--his mother. Then asked the service if "THEY" left any message for him.

And lookee! Tori had three whole lines in the pilot episode.

Nope, didn't see Donna rescuing Brandon and introducing him to the "gang." Not that I ever believed that revisionist history.

Good GOD. Ooooohndrea is jealous and possessive of Brandon after ONE day. Judgmental harpy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

From seasons 1-10, the show is barely recognizable . And it’s hard to believe that by season 10, the characters are only 25! 

Kelly is like a different person in season 1. She’s so shallow , pretty much only likes to shop and is supposed to be the dumb blonde stereotype . Fast forward a couple of seasons and she is holier than thou , judgmental if anyone does pretty much anything at all , and just so self righteous  . When the show starts she is only 15 , but her “growing up “ seems more like a different person . 

I wonder if Brenda stayed on the show for all 10 seasons , how they would have destroyed her character . In her last season on the show , they seemed to be having her make bad decisions and become very dramatic and kind of a mess . Sure , a lot of that has to do with everyone hating her in real life , but I suspect they would have made her sort of like a Val with the constant drama , but probably not as much underhandedness that Val had . 

• Love 4

So, did they air these initial season one episodes out of order? I mean, Kelly befriends Brenda in the pilot. They seem to be new best friends in the first and second episodes; then Kelly ditches Brenda in the episode where Brandon saves Sarah, and by the end, Kelly is trying to suck up to Brenda because she and Brandon are local heroes or something.

Then, in the episode "Every Dream has its Price" I think--the shoplifting one, it's like Brenda is trying to figure out how to become friends with Kelly; that Kelly is just someone she's met or has classes with. Do NOT get me started on that horrid hair cut of Shannen's. Her hair was okay in the pilot. But those awful BANGS! {shudder}

It's all giving me whiplash.

4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I wonder if Brenda stayed on the show for all 10 seasons , how they would have destroyed her character . In her last season on the show , they seemed to be having her make bad decisions and become very dramatic and kind of a mess . Sure , a lot of that has to do with everyone hating her in real life , but I suspect they would have made her sort of like a Val with the constant drama , but probably not as much underhandedness that Val had . 

I also wonder about that. Would Dylan have gone down the drug addiction road? Part of the reason he did was because Brenda remained in London, so there was no Brenda to be there for him when the bottom fell out. Would SHE have been his soulmate? Who knows?

But I doubt that Brenda would have gone done the route that the show had Val go down. Brenda wasn't a slut. Compared to Kelly, she was an ANGEL. And the retconning of Kelly's sexual history just pissed me off in the last season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So, tried catching up on my episodes last night--Worked late most of all last week so I was too tired to watch, or rather, rewatch the episodes.

But. Watching "Higher Learning" we see Dylan and Brenda setting eyes on each other for the first time. And OMGEE (yes, my inner tween just came out!) the way those two looked at each other. MAGIC. Instant Connection. Even though Kelly dragged Brenda over and asked Dylan if he preferred girls with long hair or something. Her whole demeanor was like she barely knew Dylan, and NOTHING like the retcon revisionist shit in Season three of them having known each other since they were in diapers. But I digress. 

Dylan says he likes "blondes." Kelly gets a shit eat grinning on her face. Then, Dylan's eyes turn toward Brenda and he says: "So. You're Brandon's sister." And his eyes remain on her, totally ignoring the blond twat.

OH my tweenie shipping heart just EXPLODED. I don't know if Luke and Shannen ever tested together or not, but their chemistry just sizzled. 

And even though we were shown Dylan and Kelly walking together later, and laughing, it was BRENDA (in her horrid, atrocious hair/wig color, which was ALL KELLY'S FAULT!!!!) that Dylan stopped for. It was Brenda he gave another once over. 

And how'd I miss that Brenda stumbled over bike and told Dylan she really liked his "butt" 🤣 Then changed it to bike.

Seriously, I wanted to snatch Kelly bald for acting like it was Brenda who decided to color her own hair when it was KELLY who insisted she knew what she was doing and was responsible for how Brenda's hair turned out.

BUT.

Dylan💕Brenda 4-EVER!!!!!!!! Right @psychoticstate???

• Love 3
On 7/15/2019 at 8:39 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, tried catching up on my episodes last night--Worked late most of all last week so I was too tired to watch, or rather, rewatch the episodes.

But. Watching "Higher Learning" we see Dylan and Brenda setting eyes on each other for the first time. And OMGEE (yes, my inner tween just came out!) the way those two looked at each other. MAGIC. Instant Connection. Even though Kelly dragged Brenda over and asked Dylan if he preferred girls with long hair or something. Her whole demeanor was like she barely knew Dylan, and NOTHING like the retcon revisionist shit in Season three of them having known each other since they were in diapers. But I digress. 

Dylan says he likes "blondes." Kelly gets a shit eat grinning on her face. Then, Dylan's eyes turn toward Brenda and he says: "So. You're Brandon's sister." And his eyes remain on her, totally ignoring the blond twat.

OH my tweenie shipping heart just EXPLODED. I don't know if Luke and Shannen ever tested together or not, but their chemistry just sizzled. 

And even though we were shown Dylan and Kelly walking together later, and laughing, it was BRENDA (in her horrid, atrocious hair/wig color, which was ALL KELLY'S FAULT!!!!) that Dylan stopped for. It was Brenda he gave another once over. 

And how'd I miss that Brenda stumbled over bike and told Dylan she really liked his "butt" 🤣 Then changed it to bike.

Seriously, I wanted to snatch Kelly bald for acting like it was Brenda who decided to color her own hair when it was KELLY who insisted she knew what she was doing and was responsible for how Brenda's hair turned out.

BUT.

Dylan💕Brenda 4-EVER!!!!!!!! Right @psychoticstate???

YES, @GHScorpiosRule!!  

Dylan had chemistry with Brenda like he never had with Kelly.  Hell, Dylan and Kelly acted like they hated each other most of the time.   So all the revisionist history about how they were soulmates is just nauseating.  

• Love 4

Watching season 1 now . I don’t buy that Kelly was ever in love with Steve even though it was mentioned a few times that she was .  She acts repulsed by him most of the time and it always seemed more like he was obsessing over her at random times throughout the show so on his part I could see it , but she never once showed any signs of him being her first love , even in season 1 when they only broke up a few months before . I don’t think the writers even needed to include the fact that they used to date because it never served any purpose . 

• Love 3
(edited)

It’s been so long since I watched/loved this show, so rewatching these episodes feels like the first time all over again. I was watching the episode when Brandon was running for student body president while Brenda was trying to take an equivalency test to graduate early. My thoughts:

Yes to Kelly Taylor rocking the perfect red lippy in high school. 

Mr. Walsh had the hairiest arms known to man. 

Andrea. I still hate her all these years later. Brandon and Kelly created a completely vapid campaign ad that Andrea found repulsive, but I sided with Brandon and Kelly. How is it that I was a nerd and still couldn’t identity with her? Go find other nerds to play with, Andrea! 

Watching this knowing that Luke is gone was so sad.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Mr. Walsh had the hairiest arms known to man. 

And back. ughhh, the hairy BACK!

56 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Andrea. I still hate her all these years later. Brandon and Kelly created a completely vapid campaign ad that Andrea found repulsive, but I sided with Brandon and Kelly. How is it that I was a nerd and still couldn’t identity with her?

And I was totally on both Brenda and Ooohndrea's side on this. Because I do remember my own high school years, and that every person that ran, actually had a platform, and not the shallow, oh how "keeeeewllllll" to have rock stars!" nonsense. I mean, the way Brandon and his parents tell it, Brandon was involved in politics at his old school. And I LAUGHED my ass off as he looked the fool at that one minute debate.

And the way Kelly attacked Brenda for talking to Mike, the other candidate? I wanted to snatch her bald.

I find it interesting it took 10 episodes for Dylan and Brenda to get romantic. I liked that they were sort of friends first, even while being attracted to each other. Then circumstances changing with the high emotions that had them acting on it. But then we don't see Dylan for another three episodes!

And I have to wonder if they aired the episodes after "Isn't it Romantic?" out of order because in "One Man and a Baby" Brenda, with her competing with Kelly over that instructor regarding sky diving? NO mention of Dylan.

• Love 1

I think had I been in high school at the time, I may have been team Andrea. But I was in junior high while the gang was at West Beverly and I was in one of those “gifted” programs where everyone in the class was an Andrea...and those Andreas were straight up little bitches. 

• Love 2

Dylan’s love for Brenda in seasons 1-2 is so sweet and innocent but thinking about what happens in season 3 ruins it for me . I know they’re young , but I don’t understand how Kelly and Dylan just betray the person closest to them because they had a good time playing volleyball together a couple of times . Though I never saw anything but physical attraction to Kelly from Dylan , the show tried to play it off like he was actually emotionally connected to her . Yet he knew her his entire life and never looked at her twice or tried to date her . I’m fairly certain if Shannon was on the show Till the end that she and Dylan would have ended up together . Jason Priestley even said in an interview that if he didn’t leave the show , the ending was supposed to be a Kelly / Brandon pairing . 

• Love 3

So just finished watching season 1 and NOWHERE did I see Brenda thinking or talking about having a “Cool” boyfriend. You know, one of the reasons she gave for breaking up with him after the pregnancy scare?😒 Or that what she and Dylan had was all about sex! That if she hadn’t broken up with him, it would just be sex!sex!sex! All the time! Like they didn’t do anything but have sex!sex!sex! PUH-LEAZE!

And then in ”Spring Dance”, the way Kelly gushes to Oooohndreaa how she and Brandon make a great or cute couple was just nauseating. When you take into account how that senior friend of hers got Ooohndrea to confess she had feelings for Brandon. But that’s Kelly for you, with her pouty mouth that looks like she has an overbite, and narcissistic self. If she’s SOOOO HOT, why didn’t anyone ask HER to the dance?

Everything with Dylan and Brenda was 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 In this episode. And I loved Brenda’s “I don’t give a damn!” to Kelly when Her Twatness demanded Brenda change her dress because SHE was the “Spring Princess!”🤣🤣🤣🙌🙌🙌🙌

And DYLAN was the first to say “I Love You” to Brenda.

I HATE what this show did to them.

• Love 1
(edited)

Question - if both Dylan’s mother and father left him when he was 6, who was he living with all those years after ? Was he just hanging in the hotel by himself ? 

Re-watching the seasons , I feel bad for Steve because none of the ladies ever want him and always go for the other guys , but then he got Celeste who was out of his league and he treated her like crap so I guess he wasn’t too deserving of a love interest .  I do remember my mom passing my tv when I was watching the show years ago and she was like , “ I wouldn’t picture him as a main character on the show , he doesn’t have the look of a leading guy .” Lol 

Edited by Jaclyn88

I try not to dwell on the inconsistencies in Dylan's background. The writers didn't even pretend that Dylan was a teenager (and neither did casting). They gave him the backstory fit for a 25-30 year old who'd been around the block a couple times.

Now that I'm older the thing that surprises me most about 90210 was how relatively sexless and NOT incestuous the group was in high school. I don't feel bad for Steve because, really, most of the gang didn't seem that sexually interested in each other back in the HS years.

Like Dylan was the only guy into Brenda. For the first two seasons Dylan didn't give two craps about Kelly, and Brandon saw her as a sister; she was single during most of the HS years. So on and so forth. TBH, save the obvious exceptions, the group just seemed mostly more interested in other people.

Besides, IZ got the last laugh. He aged better than any of the other "heartthrobs".

• Love 3
On 7/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Question - if both Dylan’s mother and father left him when he was 6, who was he living with all those years after ? Was he just hanging in the hotel by himself ? 

Re-watching the seasons , I feel bad for Steve because none of the ladies ever want him and always go for the other guys , but then he got Celeste who was out of his league and he treated her like crap so I guess he wasn’t too deserving of a love interest .  I do remember my mom passing my tv when I was watching the show years ago and she was like , “ I wouldn’t picture him as a main character on the show , he doesn’t have the look of a leading guy .” Lol 

From the way the show portrayed Dylan- the most consistent story was that his parents split when he was 6 and his Mom was paid off to give Jack sole legal and physical custody (with promises not to try and contact Dylan or anything). Obviously Jack did this to stick it to Iris not because he had any interest in parenting at all, and had Dylan raised by a series of nannies (he didn’t even care enough to find ONE nanny that would stick it out with Dylan). By the middle school years Dylan probably whined that he didn’t need a nanny any more, and he was left to his down devices with a driver until he was old enough to get his license. Seems they lived mostly at the hotel and his Dad was gone a lot. The show was inconsistent but this type of lifestyle isn’t that far fetched for a certain type of rich kid. Kelly was raised the same way although Jackie didn’t work (outside of modeling) so she was there “sometimes”.

Those with more considerate parents (like Aaron and Candy Spelling), made sure the kids had the same staff well beyond the normal time to have a nanny so they would have some emotional consistency. Both Tori and Randy have said that Nanny (what they called their nanny) did raise them and love them like she was their child, and they are so grateful they had so many years with her. 

• Love 2

Did anyone else think Jim walshes body language and really heavy breathing when he got angry was annoying ? He looked like he was about to explode every time he got mad . 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Did anyone else think Jim walshes body language and really heavy breathing when he got angry was annoying ? He looked like he was about to explode every time he got mad . 

To be fair, Brandon is his son. If you knew that asshole was gonna bray at you every time he opened his mouth, you’d look like you’d explode too. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1