Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Restaurant Wars, Part 2

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Who hated that he loves his wife?  Who's even mentioned his wife (other than him, and just briefly)? Or his sexuality? Did I miss all of this somehow? I admit it's possible someone has, but "so many"?  That word choice seems to be saying it's more than some lone nutter or two, and comes off more like some kind of ad hominem attack on  the usual gay-friendly history of Bravo (by implying that they, and by inference their typical viewers, are somehow hostile to non-gay relationships).

Yes I guess you missed all the people who put Phillip down for always talking about how great, beautiful, talented his wife is.

• Love 1

Yes I guess you missed all the people who put Phillip down for always talking about how great, beautiful, talented his wife is.

That's not the same as "hating that he loves his wife."

You'll notice that he never talks about how much he loves her - just about what a status symbol she is - because she's a chef, an astronaut, a brain surgeon, a novelist, etc. It's never about his love for her, it's about bragging.

It's that he won't shut up with this bullshit. He can easily love his wife without constantly yapping on and on. I'm sure the others also love their partners, but they don't treat it as a publicity stunt.

• Love 3

Or maybe it's just funny that he goes so over the top. The "hate" isn't for him loving his wife, it's that it's like everything else he does--all about superlatives and him constantly describing everything about himself, his food, his life, etc. in them. If it was just his wife he described in those terms, it might be sweet. But he's just as likely to describe some sandwich he invented and put on his menu with just as much gushing.

• Love 5

Philip may be the most deluded cheftestant ever. He still thinks that everything he makes is wonderful and the judges just don't get his genius. I know I would be fascinated if my restaurant host described his tattoos table side. Oh wait - I meant grossed out.

I haven't watched the most recent seasons of TC, but Phillip IS the most deluded and full of himself contestant that I've remembered.

He just felt that the judges were out to get him and him only. Wow.

(edited)

I loved that Isaac got the win. He was last picked, everyone ignored everything he had to say, which was so rude, and whenever anyone needed any help, he stepped right in.

Philip is just such a douche.

I didn't mind the way the girls were dressed. It was their taste and much better than mine. Lol.

I was so offended when someone said LA has no definitive food style. Whoa, misinformed much?

Edited by hatchetgirl

I think they meant that LA, like New York, has a diverse food culture rather than a distinct traditional regional style like New Orleans or the deutsche region in PA.