Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Yoknapatawpha

Except the resistance fighters WERE the ones that destroyed his life by setting off the bomb that let him get caught and identified in the pilot.

He was only out looking for his son because the people he is collaborating with colonized his city and separated him from his son. No matter how you slice it, he is still not angry enough at the people who started the conflict.

Anger is hard to maintain long term, and when you're struggling to survive, frequently counterproductive. As a family person, I'd hope his energy is directed first and foremost towards ensuring their survival. Resistance is a luxury not everyone can afford.

• Love 1
(edited)

The "people" who did all the really bad stuff to Will, like set up the wall and set drones to flying about are invisible, out of reach and apparently invulnerable anyhow. 

All the less bad things he and his family have suffered are being done by the resistance. 

The thing about this discussion of Will drinking the Kool-Aid is that it's based on a false premise, that the Resistance is fighting the villains responsible for it all. They aren't. They just fight other humans, with strategies that seem to me can't possibly be effective. They're not hurting the true enemy and even worse, don't even seem interested in hurting the true enemy. They're only angry at humans. So, no, it's not so obvious to me that Will's drunk any Kool-Aid yet.

When Will has a glimmer of an opportunity to actually do something? That's when we'll know. 

Edited by sjohnson
  • Love 1

The thing about this discussion of Will drinking the Kool-Aid is that it's based on a false premise, that the Resistance is fighting the villains responsible for it all. They aren't. They just fight other humans, with strategies that seem to me can't possibly be effective.

The mistake here is thinking that without a well organized Resistance in place for you to support, then you must drink the Kool-Aid.  But in truth, if there is no well organized Resistance in place, then you can still be the Resistance.

As in, get the transitional authority's trust; then sound out potential recruits and target hard core loyalists; together, get real intel on the aliens to devise a strategy; organize elements of the population to support your underground faction in the authority when you strike the aliens. 

Frankly the crazed antics of the so-called Resistance isn't leaving Will too much time to do anything besides step one. The suggestion he needs to let the Resistance run riot means he'll be fired, or worse. The real kicker of course, is that the Resistance isn't even interested to getting intelligence from people in a position to know, much less salvage people for the cause: They just want to kill people, not aliens. The only way to justify Will joining this bunch is if the aliens are just a metaphor for Big Government or some other far right boogieman.

• Love 2