Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika was upset at Senator Collins for complaining about Tanden's twitter attacks on her. Senator Collins should suck it up.

She said that Collins didn't complain about Trump's tweets attacking Democrat politicians.

Willie said that no GOP Senators wants to be critical of Trump on tape in case he runs in 2024..

Mike Mammoli said that Neera attacked Bernie Sanders supporters when he ran against Hillary.

Tandren has begun deleting tweets criticizing Republican Senators. In't that an ackowledgment that the tweets were rude.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Joe mocked the Trump administration for hiring Dr Scott Atlas who is a radiologist to be on his Coronavirus task force. He resigned due to controversial views.

Joe should acknowledge that Morning Joe's DR is Dr Dave Campbell , who is a spinal surgeon & neighbor of Mika & Joe. Why was he brought on the show for 9 months as an infectious disease expert ?

• Love 6

Dr Vin Gupta said people should stop traveling. He said its ok for schools to remain open .

He said a mask mandate won't work in Florida because people will ignore it. There aren't enough pulmonologists to treat patients.

Mika is making ample use of her “scornful laugh” this morning. I find it extremely off putting, like fingernails on a blackboard. It makes me want to put the TV on mute whenever she comes on screen. Why can’t she just discuss things like a normal rational person?

• Love 4

Dr Dave hopes that everyone will be vaccinated by June.

Mika started cry reading about Giving Tuesday. It's a day to make charitable contributions. Acts of generosity count.

Joe quickly left the set before Mika asked Joe about making a donation.

Joe joked about it being a Comcastic day. Joe made fun of the fog in NYC.

• Love 1

Eugene Robinson & Senator Claire joined the show.

Joe said people thought he has been too tough on Presidents. Joe said they are in the public eye & deserve to be criticized.

Claire has new glasses. She decorated her kitchen with Christmas ceramics.

• Love 3

Mika went on a rant about Trump being a loser. Mika said Trump call everyone a loser. He need to move on.

I wish Mika & Joe would move on from talking about Trump. I wish they would focus on the Biden Administration's priorities.

• Love 4

Dr. Jonathan Samet from Colorado explained the bad situation in Colorado. There is a mask mandate & restrictions on indoor dining. The cases are still high.

He is worried about interstate travel. People are starting to ski.

• Love 1

Mika said that the final results for the House will show Democrats winning 223 seats. The GOP will have 212 seats.

The GOP won all 27 toss up seats .

Mika asked Claire about what happened.  There is no price to pay for blind allegiance for Trump. The democrats were supposed to gain seats in the 2020 election. They gained 12 seats.

Why didn't voters listen to Joe "The GOP is doomed" Scarborough ?

Mika admitted that Democrats can't just campaign on Trumpism is bad.

Joe disappeared during this segment.

• Love 3

Joe returned at 8:25 am. Joe is happy that Mark Kelly & Joe Mancin will work with moderate GOP Senators to come up with bi partisan solution to Coronavirus .

Senator Mark Warner said he is working on a bill to provide assistance to people that could be evicted.

• Love 2

Joe stayed for his book selling segment at 8:37 am. Mika said it's an important book on the wise men after World War 2.

Walter Isaacson & Evan Thoma wrote about the wise men after WW2. Joe mentioned the wise men in his book on Truman.

You can get a discount on Amazon if you buy both books.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Evan Thomas said that Obama would have been a better President if he had golfed more with Boehner.

Biden has to build bridges with GOP Senators.

Evan applauded Biden working with Senators that supported segregation.

Mka said that Joe will continue discussing his book tomorrow. Sales are below expectations.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika went on a rant about Trump being a loser. Mika said Trump call everyone a loser. He need to move on.

I wish Mika & Joe would move on from talking about Trump. I wish they would focus on the Biden Administration's priorities.

Exactly. Since I don't watch this anymore with any degree of regularity or interest, I surfed by during a CNBC commercial and heard Mika acting so offended about Trump's legal PAC, or whatever his election investigation thing is, asking for funds... that it could benefit Trump when out of office, that these poor people/rubes donating may not be financially secure enough to waste their money, blah, blah, blah. Now she has sympathy for Trump supporters for whom she had such disdain just months ago. I was actually shocked that they are still stuck on such Trump hate when I'd have thought it would be an All Praise Biden fest from here on in. They hate him so much but apparently have nothing else to talk about...except The Book.

• Love 2

Joe: would Alanis Morisette call this "ironic"?

Mika: she'd call it "hypocrisy"

This made me laugh. and the blanket thing! don't judge, due to sleep-deprivation i'm easily entertained in the a.m.... Walter Isaacson gets gold star points for Oscar Wilde reference, and Eugene Robinson for going straight for the jugular, as usual, and calling out weak-ass condemnations where there's no freakin ambiguity... also Willie was spot-on with this "martyr" comments, basically pointing out there's a parallel universe where the "loser" label just isn't a factor.... 

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe read the definition of the word coup from Wikipedia.

Joe uses his cell phone as a fact checker. It's cheaper than paying research assistants.

yeah.. this was dumb. If you're gonna go there, get an expert on - Joe is constantly bragging about having read Anne Applebaum's book. And friend of the show Madeleine Albright wrote a book called "Fascism, a Warning" - you want a definition don't go on wikipedia.....!  

Edited by neona
Isaacson, not Isachson
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Exactly. Since I don't watch this anymore with any degree of regularity or interest, I surfed by during a CNBC commercial and heard Mika acting so offended about Trump's legal PAC, or whatever his election investigation thing is, asking for funds... that it could benefit Trump when out of office, that these poor people/rubes donating may not be financially secure enough to waste their money, blah, blah, blah. Now she has sympathy for Trump supporters for whom she had such disdain just months ago. I was actually shocked that they are still stuck on such Trump hate when I'd have thought it would be an All Praise Biden fest from here on in. They hate him so much but apparently have nothing else to talk about...except The Book.

I think they will have to spend a bit of time on the Georgia Senate races. If the Republicans win 1 of the 2 seats , Joe will focus his rage on Mitch McConnell. I expect Joe to be ranting about Moscow Mitch & Cocaine Mitch . Joe will also use a Southern accent to make fun of Mitch.

It's possible that Mika & Joe don't want to bother having their staff do any prep work on the Biden administration's priorities.

18 hours ago, Kemper said:

Joe was on Joy Reid tonight.  Has he been on with Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel?  And.  Should we put these kind of comments in The Hosts thread?  Small Talk?  While I am here ... will he be on every single show on both MSNBC and NBC?  

I think he's been pretty much everywhere by now...i only caught him live on Nicolle, and Joy, and i watched a couple of the other clips.... weirdly, surprisingly, he was...very good with Joy. Idk, it sounds crazy, and it might be because she's just so warm and funny and generous with *everyone*, but they had this fun southern vibe going, it was fascinating... the other appearances he was pompous and boring, except for the View and Fallon with Mika, of course, but their joint stuff is always way better and way more popular (heyyy, remember when they used to do the *show* together?).

he hasn't been on Maddow...so I do wonder a bit if you guys were right about the feuding, i always kinda thought you were exaggerating? like what's the origin of all that? it seems pretty dumb for colleagues to be feuding rn given everything that's happened the past four years....buuut i don't know the backstory. Was it really that bad?

Btw, was it just me or didn't the guest list promise us Heilemann today?? but he wasn't there, did i miss it? i know it's early but dude, just have some coffee. or vodka. or Adderall. C'mon man, we miss you..    

Edited by neona
28 minutes ago, neona said:

he hasn't been on Maddow...so I do wonder a bit if you guys were right about the feuding, i always kinda thought you were exaggerating? like what's the origin of all that? it seems pretty dumb for colleagues to be feuding rn given everything that's happened the past four years....buuut i don't know the backstory. Was it really that bad? 

Response in Hosts Thread because it went down on another show.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Kemper said:

Joe was on Joy Reid tonight.  Has he been on with Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel?  And.  Should we put these kind of comments in The Hosts thread?  Small Talk?  While I am here ... will he be on every single show on both MSNBC and NBC?  

I got home from work last night and ESPN was on.  Mr. ebk said there's fundraising on PBS, so he had to turn off Newshour, and Joe was on with Joy.  So ESPN it was! 

• LOL 4

I just lurk here, and I can't find your original post, asking this, @Kemper, but yes, Joe was on Lawrence O'Donnell's show last week. I think it was Wednesday night, before Thanksgiving. He was all dressed up, and either Lawrence or Joe himself made a point of how he "dressed up" for the show.

• Love 3

Wednesday Recap.

Mika, Willie & Joe howed up. Joe is wearing a new red & gold striped tie. I bet he will be promoting his book later today.

Mika is excited that Senator Mitch mentioned that the new administration will have priorities. It is a tacit concession that Biden will be the President.

Joe made fun of Trump for wanting to pardon Ivanka, Don Jr & Eric . He asked Mika, who was part of the Carter administration when she was 9 about President Jimmy pardoning Amy Carter. Amy & Mika used to play together in the White House. Amy broke a vase from the Harry Truman administration  in the East room while playing jump rope with Mika.

Jimmy got mad, but no criminal charges were pressed. No pardon was necessary

• Love 4

Joe asked Willie if George W pardoned Jenna Bush. Willie said that Jenna may have wanted one just in case.

Mika wanted a pardon for nearly running over Menachem Begin at Camp David.

Joe started his Simple Caveman Lawyer routine.

Joe interrupted Mika who wanted to discuss the UK approving the vaccine.

Joe was telling his jokes about being in a Turkish prison.

Joe is mocking Mika for taking 7 minutes to get started. Mika was frustrated with Joe.

• Love 4

Joe said that the Senate Intel committee passed along criminal referrals for Don Jr & Jared. They will need to be pardoned.

Is Joe the only one in cable news that has proof of these criminal referrals ? If the information is classified, how does Joe get access to the referrals?

Mika got mad at Republicans for defending Trump.

• Love 4

Joe told Katty Kay that the Guiness Book of Records said that Senator Ron Johnson is the dumbest Senator in US History.

Joe started doing his Jack Nicholson impersonation of "You can't handle the Truth". Katty laughed at Joe. She is nicely tanned & wearing a nice grey sweater.

How many different accents & impersonations will Joe do today ?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe asked Willie if George W pardoned Jenna Bush. Willie said that Jenna may have wanted one just in case.

Mika wanted a pardon for nearly running over Menachem Begin at Camp David.

Everything is a name drop opportunity to this idiot. Yes, Mika, we know that your princess ass spent your childhood at the White House hanging out with Jimmy, Rosalind, and Amy.  Did Jimmy have a dog?  I don't remember the Carter administration cause I was in busy in preschool finger painting.

It's a stupid "joke" since you would not be charged with a crime for accidentally hitting someone.  

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just lurk here, and I can't find your original post, asking this, @Kemper, but yes, Joe was on Lawrence O'Donnell's show last week. I think it was Wednesday night, before Thanksgiving. He was all dressed up, and either Lawrence or Joe himself made a point of how he "dressed up" for the show.

Now I remember!  I even posted about it. 🤓  At this point all his appearances are blending together .. waiting to see if he appears on Rachel’s show.

• Love 1

Katty is back! yay! I think she's been off for a while?

you know, Barnicle looks surprisingly good today...rocking that blue suit  

Michael Schmidt's sparse zoom backdrop has me convinced that he really *is* count Dracula and the only piece of furniture he owns is the coffin in which he sleeps....

• LOL 3

Joe said the chaos around Trump is allowing Biden to get a free ride over his cabinet appointments.

Joe should be honest with viewers and say that he prefers talking about Trump than Biden.

Joe left the show when former OMB chair Peter Orzag showed up to discuss Neera Tandem's appointment.

Long time viewers remember that Joe used to flirt with Peter's wife, Bianna Goldoraga when she appeared on Morning Joe.

Mika did not approve of him flirting with other women on set , so Bianna left to go work for CNN or ABC.

Mika had a KYV discussion with Jen Psaki & Morning Joe regular, Karinne Jean Pierre.

Mika stumbled over the words President Obama. She called him president Obana. Obama was President for 8 years & is a well known figure.

How can she stumble over those simple words ?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

aw that's adorable! i looked at her twitter and her mom passed away 😞 apparently she was living in Cyprus, so now i'm imagining Katty's childhood like that cute tv show the Durrells

• Love 1

I thank you, Oakville, as usual, for the recaps. By the sound of today's show, Joe's ego has been stroked massively by his media "tour" and apparently now thinks he's as clever and funny as the fawning hosts and comedians pretended he was on their shows. My, God, man, get a grip. This is not (technically) Morning Vanity. All those stupid jokes and cracks when there is real news happening outside his bubble. How is this allowed?

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

I thank you, Oakville, as usual, for the recaps. By the sound of today's show, Joe's ego has been stroked massively by his media "tour" and apparently now thinks he's as clever and funny as the fawning hosts and comedians pretended he was on their shows. My, God, man, get a grip. This is not (technically) Morning Vanity. All those stupid jokes and cracks when there is real news happening outside his bubble. How is this allowed?

Joe's last appearance on the show was at 7:30 am. He ignored important guests including a federal judge who had a child that was murdered outside their home.

I am worried that friend of the show, Adrienne Elrod who is in charge of talent of the Biden Inaugural committee will agree to Joe's request that he perform a song with his band at the Inauguration ceremony. The Obama & Trump Inaugural committees both rejected Joe's requests because they thought it would be politically incorrect to let him sing at the Inaugurations. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's last appearance on the show was at 7:30 am. He ignored important guests including a federal judge who had a child that was murdered outside their home.

I wonder how the bookers pitch potential interview subjects on the show.

"Hey, we'd really like to end the show with a segment about your cause."

"That's great! Joe wants to discuss police reform/global climate change/(name of any policy that is not inside the beltway  cocktail party chatter)?"

"Well, I don't know if he'll actually stick around for your segment. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Might be Mika, might be Willie. It's kind of a crapshoot."

Edited by xaxat
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

The book tour might be over because Joe is wearing his election year sweater.

Joe is mad at Trump for making his rant video about the election being rigged.

Joe wants Trump to discuss the 2,700 people that died from Coronavirus.

• Love 2

At 6:11 am, Mika began cry talking about the Trump administrations response to the virus. Joe said he knew the virus would get worse.

Mika said that Trump is killing people. Mika is mad about White House Christmas parties.

Mika said Kayleigh is in 8th  grade. Mika should know because she behaves like an 8th grader on set.

Mika should take a break from the show if she can't handle the stress.

• Love 2

Here is a "kudos" to a show segment.  I didn't tune in until around 8:30; they were showing a clip from what appeared to be a rally with a wee man in a red cap (MAGA?) who was hysterically addressing the crowd.  I actually thought it was a "bit" from one of the late-night shows and the guy was a comedian.  Then they showed another clip with a blonde woman talking like a Valley Girl about election fraud. Again, I thought satire.  Until I saw Rudy sitting beside her.  Then they went back to studio and Joe started making fun of the clips; he actually made me laugh a couple of times (until he put on the Foghorn Leghorn drawl) and he went on too long.  But Meeka was laughing a bit. 

This is the one redeeming thing about Show; this is what sets it apart from CNN and all the others - just a bit of a laugh at the absurdity we are sometimes living under in these times.  But Joe does not have a real comedian's knack for quitting while you are ahead; his ego is too big.  And that, in a nutshell, is the problem every morning.  Brian Williams is a "pro" at this kind of thing; Joe should take a lesson.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said Kayleigh is in 8th  grade. Mika should know because she behaves like an 8th grader on set.

I was just coming here to say that! I tuned in to the top of the hour (7 est) to hear Mika's dramatic reading of the chart on the screen. Incorrectly, of course, saying yesterday there were 205 new cases when the screen said over 200,000. Nice work. She sounded like she was in the 10th grade drama club, over enunciating and emphasizing the wrong words. I quickly scrambled over to CNBC.

• Love 3

Tom Ricks is basically Santa Claus moonlighting as a historian. he's so smart and insightful but also cheerful and enthusiastic. can they please make him a regular?? he's a great balance to Joe's ranting and Hamlet's soliloquizing. 

15 minutes ago, Kemper said:

This is the one redeeming thing about Show; this is what sets it apart from CNN and all the others - just a bit of a laugh at the absurdity we are sometimes living under in these times.  But Joe does not have a real comedian's knack for quitting while you are ahead; his ego is too big.  And that, in a nutshell, is the problem every morning.  Brian Williams is a "pro" at this kind of thing; Joe should take a lesson.

yeah this made me laugh too. Joe actually can be really funny and he has this irreverent streak that's sorta refreshing. But there was some anguished yelling in the 6 a.m. hour...which i agreed with, in principle buuuut why must it always happen at 6 a.m. my brain just can't handle it...like at least give us some time to let the caffeine kick in. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joe said he was NOT a critic of the Trump administrations peace deals between Israel & some small countries like the UAE & Bharain in the Middle East.

Joe is worried that the agreements will unravel after Trump leaves office.

Ignatius's laptop crashed on the ground after David agreed with Joe. The technical equipment is set to auto destruct if someone says anything nice about President Trump's policies.

Mika laughed about a cat probably attacked the laptop.

Ignatius doe not have Joe's book prominently displayed on his book shelf.

• LOL 3