Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sugarbaker design

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Eliot said:

I don't agree with her politics, but I love Elise. Especially the part where Lemire made some inane comment about how "uncomfortable" some administration officials are with Trump's remarks and she responded, "Oh, wah wah wah--they're uncomfortable? People were KILLED!"

Way to cut through the crap, Elise!

I saw that part. She exploded.  Her reaction was perfect.  I think she shocked some of the others.  Go Elise!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, Eliot said:

In fairness to Joe, I do think Sandy Hook was a turning point for him. He was visibly emotional and shaken about what happened there.

I don't believe that if Joe was still in Congress Sandy Hook would have made any difference in his public views.  Not exactly a profile in courage.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I don't believe that if Joe was still in Congress Sandy Hook would have made any difference in his public views.  Not exactly a profile in courage.

Quite possibly you are right, but currently we have no way of knowing for sure. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, cased said:

Quite possibly you are right, but currently we have no way of knowing for sure. 

We do know his response after Columbine, when he was a politician with high school aged kids. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

We do know his response after Columbine, when he was a politician with high school aged kids. 

Point taken, but Columbine happened in 1999, so I am pretty sure that his older sons were still in elementary school then (I think his oldest son is 30?). 

Also, most people are much more emotionally affected by events that happen in their local area than in areas that are distant and unfamiliar. That’s just how the human brain works.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The show this morning has been great.  Just great.  What a panel.  What energy and camaraderie and rhythm.  It's really enjoyable and really watchable and instructive. 
THIS is a great morning politics and news chat show.

I realize they can't always have Donnie and Heilemann and Yasmin on set every day.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I know not everyone enjoys seeing Doris Goodman, but she revealed something that I never knew: Presidents weren't always expected to comfort the country when disasters of any kind occurred, it's actually  a more recent function of the POTUS. Yasmin is great as a replacement for Meeks, but I was surprised to learn how young her children were!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I was surprised to learn how young her children were!

I believe she spent much of the last 12 or so months out on maternity leave?
She's gonna be Mika's replacement.  I bet you $2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I know not everyone enjoys seeing Doris Goodman, but she revealed something that I never knew: Presidents weren't always expected to comfort the country when disasters of any kind occurred, it's actually  a more recent function of the POTUS

While I respect Goodman's knowledge of presidential history, I doubt that she knows whether or not Presidents were expected to comfort the country, say, a couple hundred years ago.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

While I respect Goodman's knowledge of presidential history, I doubt that she knows whether or not Presidents were expected to comfort the country, say, a couple hundred years ago.   

Even if they were, how were they going to do it?  There was no radio or TV or internet to blast out a message.  They could give a speech and hope the content eventually landed in the newspaper.  I think Lincoln's second Inaugural Address ("with malice toward none, with charity for all") could be considered an effort to comfort the country, after a horrendous Civil War.  FDR was really the first president who had ready access to the general public in real time, and he used it to great effect.  Just calling it a fireside chat made it instantly comforting.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

FDR was really the first president who had ready access to the general public in real time, and he used it to great effect.  Just calling it a fireside chat made it instantly comforting.

Yes, exactly, and that's my point. In the history of this country, FDR and his fireside chats were a recent "comforting" of the nation. Goodwin had said that even during the aftermath of the 1903 earthquake, the then president didn't go to the city to express empathy to the victims, or see the damage done, as most modern presidents do.Not all. but most.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I believe she spent much of the last 12 or so months out on maternity leave?
She's gonna be Mika's replacement.  I bet you $2

I like Yasmin. I don't think Joe will allow  MSNBC to replace Mika while he is under contract.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, XOQueens said:

We do know his response after Columbine, when he was a politician with high school aged kids. 

I don't believe fully grown adults' deeply-held political views vary radically after they are set.  I do believe that people who espouse political views to further their own ends will bend with whatever wind best helps their current self-interest. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

I don't think Joe will allow  MSNBC to replace Mika while he is under contract.

Which is reason #221924 you don't allow family members to work together.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I believe she spent much of the last 12 or so months out on maternity leave?
She's gonna be Mika's replacement.  I bet you $2

From your lips to God's ear . . . please make it so.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I think Lincoln's second Inaugural Address ("with malice toward none, with charity for all") could be considered an effort to comfort the country, after a horrendous Civil War. 

In his farewell address, Washington "stressed the importance of the Union that bonded all Americans together and provided for their freedom and prosperity. He reminded them that the “independence and liberty” the nation currently enjoyed was the result of the “common dangers, sufferings, and successes” they had experienced together in the American Revolution and early years of the republic. To safeguard their hard-won system of republican government in a federal union, the country had to remain united."

1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

She's gonna be Mika's replacement.  I bet you $2

But would she sleep with Joe?

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Which is reason #221924 you don't allow family members to work together.  

Mika's new book warns females about socializing with co workers.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I don't believe fully grown adults' deeply-held political views vary radically after they are set.  I do believe that people who espouse political views to further their own ends will bend with whatever wind best helps their current self-interest. 

Joe's role as one of America's most popular thought leaders has allowed him to remain flexible with respect to his positions on the issues of the day. Joe's op eds in the Washington Post are considered to be must reads for Americans of all ages.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's op eds in the Washington Post are considered to be must reads for Americans of all ages.

I recognize and adore your snark, but the fact is that some of Joe's WaPo op-eds are actually pretty good.  They show he has the capacity to be thoughtful and reasoned, but then he apparently chooses to leave those qualities at the bunker door.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Well I see Joe rushed to get on the air this morning to defend his Twitter ranting this weekend and has now disappeared being replaced by Barnicle.  Mrs. Scarborough didn't bother to show up at all and is being played by Katty Kay.

How much do these two make again?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, meowmommy said:

I recognize and adore your snark, but the fact is that some of Joe's WaPo op-eds are actually pretty good.  They show he has the capacity to be thoughtful and reasoned, but then he apparently chooses to leave those qualities at the bunker door.

Yeah but op eds are also subject to scrutiny and editing by the publication, so there may be someone who tones down Joe's sanctimonious bullshit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, The Solution said:

Well, at least the show was watchable this morning without Mika. Even Joe was tolerable (I was oblivious of the twitter drama).

Mika will likely be there tomorrow in her full simpering voice mode.  It's like a joke at this point.  She and Joe seem to love their Twitter soap opera with the president.

Mika has really become a weak co-host since marrying the boss - taking extra days off and barely participating when she is there. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

So, Mica is MIA again today? Thursday, Friday, (Saturday, Sunday), Monday, Tuesday.

Life is good when you tickle the boss in all the right places.

During the segment I watched Joe shared stories about his dad and about Trent Lott. Riveting stuff.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Good grief, Mike Barnicle is such a sycophant; the worst on the show, maybe worst ever.  Even Heileman mentions Joe's time in Congress quite often...I am not sure it is snark.  But I can hope.

Don't miss Meeka at all; I have to think that maybe she does not have a contract in the usual sense...where the terms of appearances and such are actually spelled out.  This would give her a lot of freedom to come, go, get time off, etc.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Joe is excited about his friend Mark Sanford potentially challenging Trump for the GOP nomination. Sanford is against the high federal deficit.

Share this post


Link to post

Joe said the key to Sanford's comeback wa going door to door and visiting diners in South Carolina.

Joe complained about GOP voters who voted against Sanford in the GOP primary.

Joe said Sanford complained about Trump

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is excited about his friend Mark Sanford potentially challenging Trump for the GOP nomination. Sanford is against the high federal deficit.

I saw him on Hardball. I have no words but I knew Joe would be peeing his pants in excitement. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I saw him on Hardball. I have no words but I knew Joe would be peeing his pants in excitement. 

Mika & Joe were strong supporters of him before his affair. Joe wanted him to run for President when he was Governor of South Carolina. Joe was upset that the media made a big deal of him disappearing from the state to visit with his mistress.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

35 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was upset that the media made a big deal of him disappearing from the state to visit with his mistress.

Yes Joe is so sophisticated.  Mark Sanford is fine to Joe, but Bill Clinton is the devil. Hypocrite much. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, yay, Max Rose! I don’t agree with him on some stuff, but I always enjoy his appearances. He’s so genuine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said the key to Sanford's comeback wa going door to door and visiting diners in South Carolina.

Sanford is a neighbor of a friend.  He actually went to my friend's house and knocked on the door and they sat by the pool and talked about issues.
Another friend ran into Sanford in a coffee shop, this friend is a hardline, fake news promotin', true Bernie Bro, they talked for a long time and he said he was impressed and said Sanford has a lot of sane ideas.
Joe is - gasp - maybe right?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe is - gasp - maybe right?

Or just a member of the Traveling Brotherhood of Men Who Still Talk About The Moral Depravity of Clinton While Disappearing Into the Wild with Their Side Pieces.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe is - gasp - maybe right?

The guy was governor and took off to Argentina while his staff had to make up lies about him hiking the Appalachian Trail.  Hard Pass. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Hypocrite much. 

Joe quotes the beatitudes and bible a lot now. Yet he supports a guy like Sanford? Joe's credibility is equal to his hypocrisy. Nice show today.....could Willie and Katty be auditioning for this program???Just a thought. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Joe quotes the beatitudes and bible a lot now. Yet he supports a guy like Sanford? Joe's credibility is equal to his hypocrisy. Nice show today.....could Willie and Katty be auditioning for this program???Just a thought. 

There are rumors that Mika & Joe are working on a pilot for a Sunday Religious/Music/ Politics/Women's Personal Growth  show to compete with Joel Osteen once Kasie Hunt goes on maternity leave.

Joe's band would perform 2 songs in between Mika's KYV segment

Joe's knowledge of the bible is  unparalleled at MSNBC.

Joe reiterated his support for Sanford during his affair. He complained that Sanford's attorney was unable to get a non disclosure agreement concerning his infidelity.

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

There are rumors that Mika & Joe are working on a pilot for a Sunday Religious/Music/ Politics/Women's Personal Growth  show to compete with Joel Osteen once Kasie Hunt goes on maternity leave.

I see what you did there, oakville.  By the way, who signed your "Take the Week Off of recapping" permission slip????

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Women's Personal Growth 

I know she hasn't been on for a week but was she still hard selling Know Your Value til her most recent vaca? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I know she hasn't been on for a week but was she still hard selling Know Your Value til her most recent vaca? 

She's been busy this week picking out the perfect outfit/snacks for her and the Mr. for the Hardball Mooch/Omarosa extravaganza on Friday.  I would imagine it would be like sitting in the front few rows of a Gallagher comedy show.

BYOP (Bring Your Own Prophylactic)

And yes of course I'm going to watch it . . . 😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's knowledge of the bible is  unparalleled at MSNBC.

Oakville, your sense of humor and "snark ability" are unparalleled on this board!!!😁

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

She's been busy this week picking out the perfect outfit/snacks for her and the Mr. for the Hardball Mooch/Omarosa extravaganza on Friday.  I would imagine it would be like sitting in the front few rows of a Gallagher comedy show.

BYOP (Bring Your Own Prophylactic)

And yes of course I'm going to watch it . . . 😁

Will this show be televised?

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Mr. and Mrs. Scarborough have noticed how much more enjoyable MJ is without J and M on it.   At least for me.   It runs smoothly; there's just the right mount of levity; none of the women have been sighing and giggling.   Hell, they've even been contributing to the conversations on an equal level with the menfolk!!   Who knew?

This week's programming has been so much more watchable without the namesake and his sidekick (though I think Joey popped up briefly).   I'm loving today's show. 

Joe and Meeka have seriously outlived their usefulness to the show.   They were fine at first, when MSNBC was floundering around for a successful replacement for Imus.   But that time has come and gone.   They should Know Their Own Value and leave already.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I saw Jonathan Capeheart on this morning; is he on when Joe is hosting?  Or just when Joe is "off today" and Willie or someone else is hosting?  I have also enjoyed the show this week; I especially enjoyed No Meeka sighing or squinting with her Serious Eyes.  Winning.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

She's been busy this week picking out the perfect outfit/snacks for her and the Mr. for the Hardball Mooch/Omarosa extravaganza on Friday.  I would imagine it would be like sitting in the front few rows of a Gallagher comedy show.

BYOP (Bring Your Own Prophylactic)

And yes of course I'm going to watch it . . . 

What???  I need details.   

ETA: Never mind I found it online. Oh I'll watch a couple minutes just to confirm my opinion of Chris Matthews. 

Are Joe & Mika on this panel?  If so, I need to go get some popcorn. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh God, it’s too damn early for punchable Noah Rothman.

ETA: Willie is sooooo much better than Mika at reading the news.

Edited by Eliot
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Oh God, it’s too damn early for punchable Noah Rothman.

Hee, I was just going to say the same thing.  Noah . . . dude . . . this is not a hill you want to die on.  Shut up.  I think he's lucky Joe is in Florida today because I think both he and Nichols would have physically gone after him.  I bet he was the kind that used to remind the teacher when they forgot to assign homework in grade school.

It's lovely to see Yasmin on the panel in Meek's absence.  The show is so much better and much easier to watch.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Oh God, it’s too damn early for punchable Noah Rothman.

Yeah, Noah Kamala Harris is almost as bad as Trump with her ONE mistruth. GO BACK TO YOUR ARK!!!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe, Tom Nichols & Noah Rothman, the triumverate of self important "I'll neg on Dem policies while saying I'm no longer a Republican, just so they let me back in the club later" assholes. 

HARD PASS

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like people on Twitter hate Punchable Noah as much as we do. He's trending! Everybody wants to punch him!

image.png

Edited by Eliot · Reason: Why does the image keep posting twice??
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size