Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said the theme of KYV this week is body confidence & to accept yourself as you are without procedures.

Does Mika have a time machine so she can go back and have all her procedures reversed? 

Is there no one to point out what a fucking hypocrite she is? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika said the theme of KYV this week is body confidence & to accept yourself as you are without procedures.

Did she really say that?  What was the context?
Does she know that we can see her?

I'm gonna presume she wore her kicking-around clothes yesterday interviewing the next President to prove some moronic point about how she's comfortable being her own sloppy self, yet, her makeup yesterday was absolutely great and clearly applied over a long period of time by a pro.  So which is it, Einstein?

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe usually received standing ovations when he spoke in Congress.

Hummmm, skeptical as I am, is there any footage showing all the standing ovations Joe received??? Or any reporting of it in any newspapers?? 🤔Just asking!

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Does Mika have a time machine so she can go back and have all her procedures reversed? 

Is there no one to point out what a fucking hypocrite she is? 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-body-image-i-m-no-longer-slave-outside-expectations-ncna1008931

She has given up on Botox. The pictures of her from 1995 indicate that she has had significant amounts of cosmetic surgery since then.

Joe has approved of the work she had done since she started working on Morning Joe.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe usually received standing ovations when he spoke in Congress.

Hummmm, skeptical as I am, is there any footage showing all the standing ovations Joe received??? Or any reporting of it in any newspapers?? 🤔Just asking!

If they were clapping it was only because they were glad you finally shut the fuck up. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I think some of his speeches are available on C Span. Joe is so modest he probably asked Congres to stop recording his speeches due to the disruption caused by the ovations.

I suspect some people also fainted when they heard Joe's emotional rants about entitlement reform

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

Are you FRICKIN' kidding me? This is rich.  What all has she had done????

Joe mocked Megan Williamson for being in the first debate.

Marianne. I don't like when people mock MW for having alternative views. She qualified for the debate after all. 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

But, sadly, she's still making money from her KYV crap. Yes, she's had a lot done, so much for accept yourself without procedures!

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Marianne. I don't like when people mock MW for having alternative views. She qualified for the debate after all. 

If you visit the KYV website you can see all the changes she made throughout the years.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

She's like Kramer. 

No more procedures...... STARTING NOW!! 

Mika needed the procedures done  to stay on TV. In her first book she wrote that the TV News directors told her that she had to lose weight & update her wardrobe. In her second book she complained because MSNBC would not pay for her clothes when the show started. She was only making $150K per year. Mika had to wear nice clothes every day to work when she was on TV.

• Love 1

Holy shit, the man is a magician.  In one single sentence, he managed to tag "suburban women will stand in line" [presumably in the rain] and "day trading." 
Great start, Joe!  Play the hits!  Gonna be a helluva show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Thursday Recap. Joe called Trump's rally a Nuremberg Rally.

The crowd was chanting Send Her Back!

Mika was upset at Ilan Omar  being attacked by Trump. Trump said that Omar supports Al Queda.

Mika & Joe are safe in the Bunker.

I doubt they will show the clips of Mika & Joe complimenting Trump for his rallies in 2015 & 2016.

Barnicle used to say they were exciting events.

Heilemann said Trump is inciting violence against Omar.

Joe is mad at the GOP for not condemning Trump more forcefully.

• Love 1

I saw the discussion of Thomas Friedman's recent column "Trump's Going to Get Re-elected, Isn't He?" I know this is a nit, but Mika said it (twice, I think) as "Isn't HE?" instead of "ISn't He?" She also said "moderate Republications" as though it were the verb (MOD-er-ate) instead of the adjective (in a list of people Trump might be alienating).

I don't know why these little flubs bug me so much. OK, maybe I do. Her main function on the show seems to be reading from the teleprompter. 

Be better, Mika.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joe said he was right about the 2018 elections. The GOP lost in a landslide.

Joe said Blacks,Latinos & educated women will vote against Trump. Muslims will vote against Trump.

Joe called Trump a day trader.

• Love 1

I don't know why these little flubs bug me so much. OK, maybe I do. Her main function on the show seems to be reading from the teleprompter.

WORD O RAMA.  If you are making THAT kind of money do your job correctly!! That is ALL she has to do! (Oh, and mutter things under her breath and say "WOW" constantly....)

Joe said Blacks,Latinos & educated women will vote against Trump.Muslims will vote against Trump.

Weather forwcast for Election Day---RAIN!!!!

• Love 1

Joe is happy that the Democrats have backed off the positions they had at the debate. Joe is against forced busing & Medicare for All & open borders.

Heilemann said the debate was spring training. The party base is left of centre.

• Love 1
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I saw the discussion of Thomas Friedman's recent column "Trump's Going to Get Re-elected, Isn't He?" I know this is a nit, but Mika said it (twice, I think) as "Isn't HE?" instead of "ISn't He?" She also said "moderate Republications" as though it were the verb (MOD-er-ate) instead of the adjective (in a list of people Trump might be alienating).

Be better, Mika.

I was driven a little insane by her reading of this headline. It was wrong and changed the meaning from people are desperately begging the Democratic Party to get it together to defeat Trump ....to people are begging Friedman for reinforcement to their belief Trump will win again

What a surprise Friedman wasn’t on. He may have been scheduled but when he heard her reading the headline he was like umm never mind gotta go. 

Anyway Mika sounds particularly stoned this morning. 

Edited by novhappy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Joe admitted that he doesn't agree with Omar's suspicious of Israel.

Joe was a strong supporter of Israel.

Richard Haas was happy that Rand Paul will represent the USA vs Iran. He will try to calm them down.

Haas is opposed to a war with Iran. An accident could happen & people get killed.

Trump was happy that a majority of Democrats  voted to table the motion to impeach Trump.

Jonathan Lemire said the Democrats will try to keep investigating Trump.

Willie said that Pelosi will meet with AOC.

• Love 1

Tom Friedman should have been on.  As a favorite son he is still very connected here in Minneapolis (in fact we grew up together).  He should school M, J and panel on the facts.

Minnesota has the largest Somalian population in North America and Mpls has the largest population of Somalians in MN.  We interact with them daily.  They go to the YMCA that go to six days a week, they work at the Target that I shop at.  They own restaurants ad stores that I frequent.

You don't have to be an immigrant or controversial as a member of Congress to be a target.  Remember Gabby Giffords?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Tom Friedman should have been on.  As a favorite son he is still very connected here in Minneapolis (in fact we grew up together).  He should school M, J and panel on the facts.

Friedman was on CNN this morning. Guess he didn’t want to be on Morning Joke. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Yikes! Doesn't he realize how prestigious it is to have Mika & Joe interview him from a bunker?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Minnesota has the largest Somalian population in North America and Mpls has the largest population of Somalians in MN.  We interact with them daily.  They go to the YMCA that go to six days a week, they work at the Target that I shop at.  They own restaurants ad stores that I frequent.

You don't have to be an immigrant or controversial as a member of Congress to be a target.  Remember Gabby Giffords?

Is there a particular reason why so many Somalians live in Minneapolis?

I wonder if Morning Joe will do a townhall from Minneapolis to support Omar & the Somalian community.?

• Love 1

I think they settle in one area as a sense of community, like the large Muslim communities around Dearborn Michigan. 

22 minutes ago, oakville said:
50 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Yikes! Doesn't he realize how prestigious it is to have Mika & Joe interview him from a bunker?

He was on 11th Hour last night maybe he didn't want to get up at 5 am.  Also Brian Williams allows his guests to speak, and doesn't make weird noises or sigh loudly in exasperation. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

Is there a particular reason why so many Somalians live in Minneapolis?

I wonder if Morning Joe will do a townhall from Minneapolis to support Omar & the Somalian community.?

It's really a matter of charitable organizations sponsoring them (as they did for Hmong refugees here as well).

• Love 2

I watched this morning (because I continue to hate myself) and during one of the segments between 7:10 and 7:30 a.m., all I could hear was someone's iPhone Siri sound firing up a few times then ... Joe's mic fell off or something because I could hear it. So I assume he was fumbling around with his phone instead of listening to Heilman (sp?) interview the guest and spent his time talking sounding as if he had his head in a toilet bowl.

If they're gonna broadcast from the Bunker, they really need to spend a couple bucks and shore up the acoustics.

27 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I watched this morning (because I continue to hate myself) and during one of the segments between 7:10 and 7:30 a.m., all I could hear was someone's iPhone Siri sound firing up a few times then ... Joe's mic fell off or something because I could hear it. So I assume he was fumbling around with his phone instead of listening to Heilman (sp?) interview the guest and spent his time talking sounding as if he had his head in a toilet bowl.

If they're gonna broadcast from the Bunker, they really need to spend a couple bucks and shore up the acoustics.

I think they might be in one of the New England Bunkers. The acoustics may not be as good as the Florida bunkers.

It's shocking that MSNBC won't spend the extra money to fully equip all the bunkers to the same standard as the Florida bunker.

Furthermore, why won't MSNBC have special teams of makeup artists available to them when they are in New England. ? Mika looked better in Iowa than she did in the New England bunker.

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika looked better in Iowa than she did in the New England bunker.

Maybe she took one of her KYV slaves, er I mean interns to do her make up in Iowa since she was sexy timing it up for Joe B, but when it's just the actual audience upon which she depends to watch to justify her salary, her motto is "fuck 'em".  

40 minutes ago, oakville said:

It's shocking that MSNBC won't spend the extra money to fully equip all the bunkers to the same standard as the Florida bunke

I imagine MSNBC is about up to here with Joe and Mika's demands, esp since their ratings are down. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe she took one of her KYV slaves, er I mean interns to do her make up in Iowa since she was sexy timing it up for Joe B, but when it's just the actual audience upon which she depends to watch to justify her salary, her motto is "fuck 'em".  

I imagine MSNBC is about up to here with Joe and Mika's demands, esp since their ratings are down. 

Mika should have her own "SQUAD" of makeup & teleprompter technicians that follow her around the country while she interviews key decision makers like Joe Biden & American women that need her help with the KYV seminars.

Joe is busy trying to negotiate with AOC, Pelosi & the "Never Trump" factions so that they can unite the anti-Trump forces.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Why not stop trying to pretend they're in a studio, go full John-and-Yoko and stage a bed-in?  Since they usually look like they just rolled out of there anyway.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

Why not stop trying to pretend they're in a studio, go full John-and-Yoko and stage a bed-in?  Since they usually look like they just rolled out of there anyway.  

That would be a great idea!

They could have the interns serve them breakfast in bed.

Mika used to complain about Joe spilling cereal & milk on his fleece tops before they moved in together.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Friday recap.

Today's word of the day is Hush Money.

Mika was outraged that Trump is getting away with paying Hush Money to Stormy Daniels.

Mika was upset at Donny Deutsh's white suit. Joe called him Mr Clean.

Joe is mad at Mueller & the justice dept for not prosecuting Trump.

Joe is happy that Ilan Omar got a standing ovation when she came back to Minneapolis.

Mika was crying at the positive reception Omar received.

Joe is happy that the White House got flooded with phone calls after the rally chant. Send Her Back.

• Love 3

Joe is mad at Trump from reducing his base to 35%. Joe said suburbanites & people of color won't vote for him.

Joe said African American turnout will rise in 2020 to historic levels.

• Love 3

Did you all know that, according to Mika's teleprompter flub, Jeffrey Epstein had been receiving four "messages" a day from teenage girls? 

Look I understand we all make mistakes but as you're saying messages instead of massages, you hear it and correct yourself. Come on. 

Donnie seriously needs to stop saying "my friend Michael Cohen is in jail".  Michael Cohen went along with the bullshit until he got caught. Remember how he said he would fucking ruin people who dared to mad mouth Trump?  That's your friend. 

6 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Maybe Mika's makeup looks so awful because she's been Standing in the Rain to vote?  It's gonna 99 degrees and humid and I'm going to an outdoor concert tonight, I have nothing else here.......

Really?  Our outdoor venue postponed concerts this weekend due to the heat wave.  Yike. 

• Love 2

I'm late to the party around here, but, wanted to say that I think Joe has done something, as he really looks BETTER than he has in years, imo.  Not sure why.  Maybe married life agrees with him. lol 

Maybe we all need to pull together here! I know I am relying on our saintly Oakville to watch and let us know what is being discussed/happening.  I haven't watched but a few minutes here and there; mainly because I hate the show's format (hosts never being on set) and cannot really stand the hosts; except for their entertainment and snark value.  We are drying up!  Starting next week I will tune in more.  Maybe we have the summer doldrums.  Or is the show really that sad?

We need to get our humor and snark back a bit.  Who's with me? 

• Love 3

Anand is on the show.

Joe debated Anand as to whether the US institutions would hold after Trump got elected.

Anand said the institutions allowed slavery, segregation & delayed the vote for women.

Anand's dad called him one of the original Cleveland Indians.

Anand did not like living in Cleveland.

12 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Maybe Mika's makeup looks so awful because she's been Standing in the Rain to vote?  It's gonna 99 degrees and humid and I'm going to an outdoor concert tonight, I have nothing else here.......

Yikes!. bring extra fluids.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Maybe we all need to pull together here! I know I am relying on our saintly Oakville to watch and let us know what is being discussed/happening.  I haven't watched but a few minutes here and there; mainly because I hate the show's format (hosts never being on set) and cannot really stand the hosts; except for their entertainment and snark value.  We are drying up!  Starting next week I will tune in more.  Maybe we have the summer doldrums.  Or is the show really that sad?

No it's really that terrible.  Today was the first day I could tolerate more than a few minutes,  Mika's histrionics hadn't ramped up that much yet, and Joe seemed subdued. I did turn it off at 6:30 as I remembered Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee new season dropped.  Jerry Seinfeld >Joe Scarborough. 

I'm not interested in Joe & Mika's opinions on anything. They never do anything but rehash whatever happened after 9 am the day before and I already know all I need to know about that. 

I'm here for the snark on KYV, Joe's delusions about his importance in shaping the United States of America, or any cake/smoothie recipes Mika passes on to viewers. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1