Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Sam Stein seemed to get off on using Amy Klobuchar as a speed bag.  I'm not saying a Presidential candidate shouldn't face tough questioning, but I'll wager he wouldn't have been as aggressive with a male candidate.

Meanwhile, did anyone catch Scarborough steamroll Mika as they went into the 8 am break?  She posed a question and he just droned on like hadn't heard her.   She said, "I guess no one can tell me," and he didn't look her way, didn't acknowledge her existence in the least, just kept talking,

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, millennium said:

Sam Stein seemed to get off on using Amy Klobuchar as a speed bag.  I'm not saying a Presidential candidate shouldn't face tough questioning, but I'll wager he wouldn't have been as aggressive with a male candidate.

Meanwhile, did anyone catch Scarborough steamroll Mika as they went into the 8 am break?  She posed a question and he just droned on like hadn't heard her.   She said, "I guess no one can tell me," and he didn't look her way, didn't acknowledge her existence in the least, just kept talking,

I saw/heard this, too!  It was actually one of the most real moments between the two of them (especially for her) that I have seen.  She zinged him twice in that segment.  She said something else after...maybe "anyone" "anyone" or "okay"....I was so shocked that I thought I had not heard correctly..  Millennium ...thanks for catching it.  Plus Mr. Kemper was reading the Letters to the Editor in our local paper and complaining about them.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Plus Mr. Kemper was reading the Letters to the Editor in our local paper and complaining about them.

Is Mr. Kemper also yelling at kids to get off of his lawn?

Are they going to have all 22 or whatever Dem candidates on and give them a 1/2 hour?  Are they having Marianne Williamson on? And Joe will be "I used to be a Yogi and a Guru back in the Panhandle..."

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I did. They showed Jon Stewart's response to McConnell on Colbert, ie "what Jon Stewart so upset about", like he went before Congress to get attention. 

It was a thing of beauty, and Mika brought up McConnell's aloofness.  She couldn't get anyone on the panel to respond, and Joe did, as you said steam roll right over her. 

If you haven't seen Stewart's response, it's online.   I have a feeling Joe didn't want to talk about it because that would be admitting Jon Stewart still has it, and Joe never did. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Scarborough is clueless.

He's talking to Bill Nealy this morning, a Brit, and he says:

Bill, I don't know if you grew up with the Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle in England, but this character, Rocket J. Squirrel, Rocky, used to say "And now for something completely different."

Bill Nealy just kind of smiles as though not knowing what to say, and finally says "This is something completely different ..."

It never occurs to Scarborough that while Rocky may have used the phrase occasionally, it is more famous as the catchphrase from Monty Python's Flying Circus -- you know, a British show?

WHAT?? Joe Scarborough, Anglophile extraordinaire, doesn't recognize a famous Monty Python quote? 

How these jackasses book any guests with a triple digit IQ is beyond me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she does.

Mika doesn't remember when Jon Stewart did segments criticizing Morning Joe .He called them star F**kers.

I doubt Joe would forget that slight. Jon Stewart never apologized to Joe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Are they officially snow birds and only wintering in FL?   Or is Joe on a book tour? God help us. 

They were in NY because Mika was the keynote speaker at a woman's event. Mika showed clips of the event. Joe's book tour has not officialy started but you can pre order the book. It is highly anticipated by all the Washington insiders.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Joe is mad at Facebook. he wants to break it up. Joe is against the Libra Cryptocurrency.

Joe said Sam Stein's wife works for Facebook.

Barnicle wants Zuckerberg fired for lying about Russia.

Why won't everyone listen to Joe?

Mika was bored with the conversation.

Mika offered to give Sheryl a KYV pep talk at a discounted rate

• LOL 5

Joe said he was manipulated by Trump for the past 3 years. What!!

Joe was a hero who tried to save the Republic by being Trump's advisor according to the GQ article.

Listen to Joe should be America's motto:)

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, oakville said:

Mika offered to give Sheryl a KYV pep talk at a discounted rate

When at first I scanned/did a quick read of your comments I thought you were telling us that Mika offered to give Sheryl a pap smear!

• LOL 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was a hero who tried to save the Republic by being Trump's advisor according to the GQ article.

Listen to Joe should be America's motto:)

It's way past time to crown him. Will definitely call in sick to watch his spectatular coronation on TV!! MUST SEE TV!

Edited by little hermit
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

The "remember when" Nikki-Haley-endorses-Marco-Rubio  segment seems like a shameless detour to plug Scarborough's book.

The whole show, every day, has turned into a shameless plug for their books, music, etc.

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he was manipulated by Trump for the past 3 years.

Wouldn't a person of Joe's stature have researched Trump before allowing him to come on his show every day and say the things he said. 

So Joe was using Donald Trump to boost ratings in 2015-16, and now Joe is using Donald Trump to, wait for it, boost ratings. 

As I said in Small Talk, not much has changed since Murrow gave that speech in 1958. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Regarding those "delayed flights"  at JFK.....hummm, I  just have a hard time believing that any pilot would deliberately delay a flight with passengers wanting to get to their destinations on time! Just another  "I'm so important I even delay flights"  boast from the inflated ego of Joe?Oh, I wonder, if this story is true, how the delayed passengers reacted????? Wow, that was some steamrolling over Meeks, today. Wonder if there's a chapter in KYV titled "How to handle being steamrolled by your boss/ hubbby"??????

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Regarding those "delayed flights"  at JFK.....hummm, I  just have a hard time believing that any pilot would deliberately delay a flight with passengers wanting to get to their destinations on time! Just another  "I'm so important I even delay flights"  boast from the inflated ego of Joe?Oh, I wonder, if this story is true, how the delayed passengers reacted????? Wow, that was some steamrolling over Meeks, today. Wonder if there's a chapter in KYV titled "How to handle being steamrolled by your boss/ hubbby"??????

Joe is usually one of the last passengers to board the aircraft. There are usually so many people coming up to greet him in airports that he has a hard time getting to the boarding gate on time. They usually announce his name at final boarding call to the roars of the crowd.

There are very few people who would complain about being on a delayed flight when they know that Joe Scarborough is on their flight.

Sometimes, Joe gives a short speech after they play the security instructions to the passengers. If they are lucky, Joe will play the guitar to ease passengers who are nervous about flying.

A few years ago, Joe used to complain about the infrastructure at JFK airport. He called it a Thirld World airport. Joe convinced Mayor Deblasio to fix up the airport.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is usually one of the last passengers to board the aircraft. There are usually so many people coming up to greet him in airports that he has a hard time getting to the boarding gate on time. They usually announce his name at final boarding call to the roars of the crowd.

There are very few people who would complain about being on a delayed flight when they know that Joe Scarborough is on their flight.

Sometimes, Joe gives a short speech after they play the security instructions to the passengers. If they are lucky, Joe will play the guitar to ease passengers who are nervous about flying.

A few years ago, Joe used to complain about the infrastructure at JFK airport. He called it a Thirld World airport. Joe convinced Mayor Deblasio to fix up the airport.

Is this true or are you joshing????

14 hours ago, oakville said:

During the 2016 GOP Convention in Cleveland there was an article in GQ about Joe. His security detail was almost as big as Trump's. Joe was surrounded by crowds of well wishers. Joe was working on a musical play based on  Trump. Many people believed it could become more popular than Hamilton. Joe later did write several songs about Trump.

https://www.gq.com/story/joe-scarborough-has-big-dreams-trump-musical

I cannot believe Joe read this and didn't realize the author was basically calling him an egotistical spoiled brat whom Phil Griffin letsget away with murder because it's easier than dealing with him throwing temper tantrums.   

Now we know why all of a sudden Mika is allowed to talk about Know Your Value ad nauseum on the show and the two of them promote the side gigs, the new commercials for the show, etc.  The new 3 year renegotiated contracts.

"I want Mika to have a higher profile, Phil. We'll make that happen, right?" 

• Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, little hermit said:

Is this true or are you joshing????

Partly. Joe & Barnicle have frequently discussed all the people that come up to them in public. they always get a positive reaction.

I met Barnicle in 2011 outside NBC studios. I chatted with him & posed for pictures. He was very friendly. It was a much more informative show back then.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oakville, you are sooooooooo funny! I'm still laughing out loud as I try to compose this post🤣 I only hope "Ego Joe" doesn't see this and think " What a great idea.....playing my guitar to ease passengers fears".....or maybe watch as the passengers rush out of the plane!!!!🤯

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Oakville, you are sooooooooo funny! I'm still laughing out loud as I try to compose this post🤣 I only hope "Ego Joe" doesn't see this and think " What a great idea.....playing my guitar to ease passengers fears".....or maybe watch as the passengers rush out of the plane!!!!🤯

Thanks ! One of the staffers on the show did post on this forum a few months ago. It's possible that they do read the messages on the forum.

Joe used to call his critics cheato eating basement dwellers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

What a great idea.....playing my guitar to ease passengers fears".....or maybe watch as the passengers rush out of the plane!!!!🤯

Visions of the singing nun from "Airplane"....

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

"I frequently... as I'm sure many here at the table do as well... while flying get asked by the pilots to come up to the cockpit and land the plane."

Full of hot air, and landing a plane. That's our Joe. 

image.png.b54fee13785164d5e39c70d886af9ada.png

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika doesn't remember when Jon Stewart did segments criticizing Morning Joe .He called them star F**kers.

I doubt Joe would forget that slight. Jon Stewart never apologized to Joe.

Oh Oakville thank you for this as if I couldn't love Jon Stewart more . . . chef's kiss!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, little hermit said:

s Mika the co-pilot??? Joe looks mighty happy; is Mika checking out the equipment below?

You mean this? 

That's Leslie Nielsen as Joe delivering a baby. He's asked to do that everywhere he goes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

"I frequently... as I'm sure many here at the table do as well... while flying get asked by the pilots to come up to the cockpit and land the plane."

And Mika is asked to serve the drinks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

OMG! You guys are on fire today!!! No need to watch any comedy shows tonight, I got all the laughs I can handle today 🤣here on this board!!!!😂

We try to make it a fun forum. 🙂

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh Oakville thank you for this as if I couldn't love Jon Stewart more . . . chef's kiss!

There was another feud with Jon Stewart in 2009 .

Feud with Jon Stewart

On June 3, 2009, The Daily Show host Jon Stewart mocked the Starbucks sponsorship of the program, showing several clips of the Morning Joe cast prominently displaying and complimenting Starbucks products as well as an interview with Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz.[35] Scarborough responded that his intent in discussing the sponsorship was sarcastic, and he suggested that Stewart and his "90 writers" did not understand the joke.[36] On June 8, Stewart feigned embarrassment over missing their alleged sarcasm, claiming, "At the time, I thought your jokey manner was just a way of sublimating your shame over the discomfort you feel deep in your soul after extinguishing the last smoldering embers of any of your program’s journalistic bona fides. But now, I realize that that wasn't the case!"[36] On June 9, Scarborough fired back, referring to Stewart as "a very, very angry guy with a Napoleonic complex."[37] The next day, Stewart and correspondent John Oliver again responded with a skit, involving Stewart impersonating Napoleon and Oliver impersonating an even shorter Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington. After the routine, Stewart joked that he hoped that this would be the end of the feud, since continuing it was becoming expensive for the show.[38]

• Love 2
(edited)

How many terms/years did Joe serve? He act's as though he's a seasoned statesman.

Joe is baffled by why trump goes for the 37% (he said 37% I believe) He has asked the question over and over again. He didn't say who he asked but no one seems to have been wise enough to give him an answer.  He turns to John Heilemann who attempts to school him; he's been on that set with him for years why didn't he ask him this sooner? This show comes across scripted.

The wise ones give us their thoughts on the democratic debates lineup and how the candidates will perform. Clair McCaskill introduces the word of the segment 'Pivot, Pivot, Pivot'!!

Joe loves to hear himself talk. Do you think he puts on headphones and listens to replays/recordings of himself?

As always the little lady (Mika Mouse-a) is there to support and gaze adoringly at her god/man.

Mika Mouse-a stumbles through her introduction on a segment on Ortiz and Joe ask Barnicle to tell us what he may know is the latest update on his condition.

Now they are going to enlighten us on trump and the Central Park Five. It is so good of them to explain and to inform us, the unaware/unknowledgeable/uneducated, about this event.

Edited by little hermit
because that's what I do (edit)
  • Love 3

Joe & Mika are still in NY today. This is a worrisome development for Joe since he must stay in Florida for at least 183 days to qualify for residency & tax free status. I hope the panelits appreciate Joe showing up.

Joe mocked the speech Trump gave last night. It wasn't as good as his legendary Normandy speech he gave last week. Joe said he was like Austin Powers & Fat Elvis in 1977. There was nothing new.

Joe made fun of the same black guy attending the speech. Joe said there were empty seats at the stadium.

Eddie said people still went to see Elvis in 1977.

Mika was cranky & told everyone to shut their pie holes.

Joe & Mika went to see the movie Yesterday. Mika liked the movie. Mika never likes movies.

I think Joe was a consulting producer on the film due to his knowledge of the Beatles.

Mika read the teleprompter without stumbling during the first segment.

Joe laughed at Trump losing to Biden in Florida by 9 points.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, little hermit said:

How many terms/years did Joe serve? He act's as though he's a seasoned statesman.

Joe is baffled by why trump goes for the 37% (he said 37% I believe) He has asked the question over and over again. He didn't say who he asked but no one seems to have been wise enough to give him an answer.  He turns to John Heilemann who attempts to school him; he's been on that set with him for years why didn't he ask him this sooner? This show comes across scripted.

The wise ones give us their thoughts on the democratic debates lineup and how the candidates will perform. Clair McCaskill introduces the word of the segment 'Pivot, Pivot, Pivot'!!

Joe loves to hear himself talk. Do you think he puts on headphones and listens to replays/recordings of himself?

Joe served 6 years in Congress. During that time , he tells viewers that he supported welfare reform & convinced Bill Clinton to balance the budget. Joe led the impeachment trial of Bill Clinton & led the revolt against Newt Gingrich. Joe also passed a bill to name a post office in Pensacola after a famous local resident.

• Love 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe served 6 years in Congress. During that time , he tells viewers that he supported welfare reform & convinced Bill Clinton to balance the budget. Joe led the impeachment trial of Bill Clinton & led the revolt against Newt Gingrich. Joe also passed a bill to name a post office in Pensacola after a famous local resident.

I'm IMPRESSED!!. not

I wish there was a DUH emoji (not to duh you guys but to duh Joe or Mika).

Edited by little hermit
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Omgod Joe says DTrump believes in nothing but whatever is in vogue. Eddie Glaud says ok then lays out a case that horrid level racism is a core belief of DT and Joes reply is “Doesn’t matter doesn’t matter!!” He’s not racist he told me that! He just plays one on tv and DT once admitted to me that it works for him and that’s even worse!

he literally replied to Glaudes articulate impassioned points on rascism by saying “doesn’t matter! Doesn’t matter!” And it went downhill from there  

what an absolute ass

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I like seeing Ron Fournier and Wendy Sherman.

What was all the Elvis stuff about?

FYI Joe. David Ortiz is improving according to ESPN. That's where I switched to after you drove in crazy this morning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Joe is outraged, livid because Muller isn't coming to capitol hill! Mika put your hand on his shoulder, pat it and tell Joe to calm down because his blood pressure is going to go high sky!

Edited by little hermit
  • LOL 2
23 hours ago, oakville said:

It was a big deal until Trump attacked the Pope.

I was in Rome when Joe visited the Pope. They were up on the balcony of the Vatican together and an elderly Italian gentleman asked me, "Who's that up there with Joe?"

• LOL 7