Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika will be hosting a new show called Headliners on Sunday night at 9 pm. She interviewed Nancy Pelosi

Teddysmom will be watching Big Little Lies on Sunday nights at 9 pm, but good luck trying to beat out HBO Meeks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Mika said no one knew how to fight back against trump in  2016 but it's all old news now and that's not going to happen in 2020.

I agree with Mika. Only to my dismay when everyone else disagrees. ☹️

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, stormy said:

I agree with Mika. Only to my dismay when everyone else disagrees. ☹️

The media has to keep things stirred up and the general public worried and interested. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, oakville said:

He called her a difficult child.:)

And she grew up to be a difficult woman. 

She sounded almost hysterical this morning, like she's trying to be "upbeat" but it's more unhinged.  If she's so happy, and in love and just got a new contract and a house in FL and a trip to France, she's the most miserable happy person I ever saw. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Savannah Guthrie, Rachel Maddow, and Chuck Todd are moderating debates along with Lester Holt so I don't know where JoMika fits in this scenario.  Unless they just wanted a free trip to Miami. 

They live less than a two hour drive away, so what kind of free trip do they need?  A motorcade?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, teddysmom said:

There is much more to the Elaine Chao story than Mika & Susan Page let on. She used her influence as Labor Secretary to set up meetings for her father's company with Chinese gov't, she was supposed to divest all interest in Vulcan, the asphalt contractor the federal gov't uses, which she didn't do, and she's cutting funding to US shipping companies while promoting her father's shipping company.

Lock her up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Stay tuned MJ fans, Joe's book is debuting at the bottom of the first hour (including a sneak peek at the cover).  No wonder Meeks looks mopey, it's All Eyes on Joe Day iso Me Me Me Mika Week. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just want to say Heidi is doing an outstanding job of pulling out important parts of the Mueller report which highlight/outline/spell out the areas that would help support impeachment proceedings and is broadcasting for all to hear in a clear concise way.  I wish the Democrats would take a page from her and do the same on both the airwaves and social media especially Facebook.  Lordy that is one frustrating group.

• Love 7

Oh this is rich . . . the name of the book is This Ends Badly and it is a run up to the 2016 election and focuses on . . . their relationship with the president!  So in other words, it must be nice to have friends in high places that you are given an entire book to explain away your behavior for over a year.

Oh and Meeks help edit it.  Willie says it's fascinating.  Yes I'm sure it is.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Stay tuned MJ fans, Joe's book is debuting at the bottom of the first hour (including a sneak peek at the cover).  No wonder Meeks looks mopey, it's All Eyes on Joe Day iso Me Me Me Mika Week. 

OMG  the teaser roll out of Joe's book!  It was hilarious. Mika:  it's fascinating, blah blah blah and I helped edit it!!  It sounds like it's basically a trip down memory lane for these two ego maniacs.

Edited by stormy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

A bonus this morning was having James Fellows and Clint Watts on to talk about the lastest episode of "Russian are You Listening?"

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
(edited)

Mika throws out a compliment to Amy O'Rourke during Beto's appearance.  Uh-oh.  Mika's looking to recruit a  new, fresh face for her tired KYV sc;htick.

Edited by stormy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

After hearing part of his interview with Willie, I am done with Beto O'Rourke.  I still don't know  his policies.  I wasn't that impressed with him though I wanted him to beat Cruz in Texas and at that time thought he had potential.  It never materialized.  I never understood why he was running for President.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Those two talking about Joe's book... ugh, it was just awful.  And it won't be released until the fall.  Why do I watch this show??

I wonder if there will be a movie about Joe, Mika & Trump?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Mika throws out a compliment to Amy O'Rourke during Beto's appearance.  Uh-oh.  Mika's looking to recruit a  new, fresh face for her tired KYV sc;htick.

Just came here to comment on this!  Mika literally halts Willie mid-sentence and strong-arms-in a compliment on Beto's wife. I was astounded that a KYV  was NOT added!  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, madfortv said:

After hearing part of his interview with Willie, I am done with Beto O'Rourke.  I still don't know  his policies.  I wasn't that impressed with him though I wanted him to beat Cruz in Texas and at that time thought he had potential.  It never materialized.  I never understood why he was running for President.

The poll the showed had Beto (something like) 60/40 against John Cornyn and at 27% nationality in the presidential poll.

I don't believe the TX Senate poll. Is Cornyn really that unpopular?

If so, Beto should really rethink this thing by Labor Day.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I just want to say Heidi is doing an outstanding job of pulling out important parts of the Mueller report which highlight/outline/spell out the areas that would help support impeachment proceedings and is broadcasting for all to hear in a clear concise way.  I wish the Democrats would take a page from her and do the same on both the airwaves and social media especially Facebook.  Lordy that is one frustrating group.

I like Heidi's delivery, no nonsense, approach to her news stories. She has appeared on other MSNBC shows, and I hope she has a promising future. Now, I totally agree about Beto's interview. Did he ever say which candidate he would eat if stranded on a desert island? That's a pretty bizarre question!  Did he answer? I quit watching since most of his rhetoric I have heard before. Joe's book....meh!

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe told Beto that it is important to go door to door and talk to voters. Joe applauded Beto's decision to hold town halls.

Joe is such a wealth of voter information.....those Dems better listen to his advice or read his new book.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, stormy said:

The poll the showed had Beto (something like) 60/40 against John Cornyn and at 27% nationality in the presidential poll.

I don't believe the TX Senate poll. Is Cornyn really that unpopular?

If so, Beto should really rethink this thing by Labor Day.

TX is changing rapidly so this may well be true.  It's also pretty clear that Beto isn't ready for the national stage so hopefully he'll throw in the towel and focus on his home state as I think maybe he's better with smaller audiences.  I hope he does and I hope he wins.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Why exactly is this show 3 hours long?  There's entirely too much filler.  The first hour gives you the latest news and analysis.  The top of the 2nd hour repeats the latest news from the first hour and then does some additional discussions.  But by the third hour (8am-9am), they repeat all the major news from the first 2 hours on tape.  At 8:30am-9:00 you might get an interview from someone on their latest book/tv show/movie/cause, Mika again discussing Know Your Value, Joe's latest music gig or Joe's new book.  There are entirely too many repeated segments and self-promotion on this show.   I'm also convinced that between 8:00am-8:30 when they are repeating stuff from earlier in the show on tape that everyone on set is back in their dressing rooms taking a morning nap.  Morning Joe could easily be a 1 1/2-2 hour show and be much tighter instead of dragging it out for 3 hours every morning.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Damaris56 said:

Why exactly is this show 3 hours long?  There's entirely too much filler.  The first hour gives you the latest news and analysis.  The top of the 2nd hour repeats the latest news from the first hour and then does some additional discussions.  But by the third hour (8am-9am), they repeat all the major news from the first 2 hours on tape.  At 8:30am-9:00 you might get an interview from someone on their latest book/tv show/movie/cause, Mika again discussing Know Your Value, Joe's latest music gig or Joe's new book.  There are entirely too many repeated segments and self-promotion on this show.   I'm also convinced that between 8:00am-8:30 when they are repeating stuff from earlier in the show on tape that everyone on set is back in their dressing rooms taking a morning nap.  Morning Joe could easily be a 1 1/2-2 hour show and be much tighter instead of dragging it out for 3 hours every morning.

I think they repeat the segments so that viewers in the central & western time zones can get up to date with Joe's latest opinions. Joe considers himself to be a thought leader so it is essential that his opinions reach as many Americans as possible.

During  the mid terms in 2018 , he advised many voters to stand in line in the rain so they could defeat Trump. Joe came up with the idea of wearing rain coats & using umbrellas while waiting to vote. Joe took credit for the strong performance of Democrats in rainy parts of the USA.

During the 8 am-8:30 repeat, Joe is often on the phone with world leaders giving advice on domestic issues.

Joe's knowledge of soccer is so extensive that he frequently skypes teams in the UK such as Liverpool & Manchester United  and offers tips to the players while they practicing on the pitch.

Joe has helped teams win the championships. He is too modest to take credit for many victories.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

There's 128 million households in the U.S., so  Beto better get started. I hope he owns comfortable shoes.

Beto isn't as well known and popular as Joe Scarborough. He needs to join Joe's band if he wants a shot at the Presidency.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Meeka was reporting on something this morning...possibly breaking news or some such.  After every sentence or two she would take a really deep breath...loudly.  Loudly.  So much that it was positively distracting from the story.  Isn't one of the first things they teach you in journalism/communications classes is breathing?  I mean being able to control your breathing when speaking/reporting on camera.  She seemed to be gasping between sentences.

• Love 8

In the olden days each of the three hours was live/new and that's how Joey pitched it to Andy Lack.

Depending on what was going on in the news, they did recaps during the second and third hours but the third hour wasn't a mashup like it is now. Now, it takes a big damn news day to get three live hours out of these two.

Honestly? It seemed like the third hour changed when their affair was taking off. It was slow, it was incremental, it was business as usual during the first two hours but during the occasional third hour Mika changed her clothing or her hair was rearranged. She worked most of the third hour but he didn't and vice versa.* Then one week, it seemed like, bam - no more live third hour at all and after that there was no turning back. Now, it's rare enough that viewers notice it: "Hey, was the third hour live today? It seemed like it was." 

*This was during the time frame when it was leaked that they were sharing a dressing room. Before the divorces, before they went public. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, suomi said:

Honestly? It seemed like the third hour changed when their affair was taking off.

I also vaguely recall Joe/them? doing quick hits on the Today Show for the missing half hour and I also remember hearing something about needing time for his now defunct radio show?  Not sure how they snuck the need for a remote studio in there except that Sean Hannity had one and ergo he had to have one too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Friday Recap.

Mika is mad at Sarah Sanders for lying.

She is also upset that KAC did not resign for violating the Hatch Act.

Joe is mad at the GOP for still following Trump on letting Russia interfereiwith USA elections

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mika got upset with Joe. Mika denied saying that Trump was evil. Mika said Trump is chipping away at our values.

Joe denied saying that Mika thought that Trump was evil. He reminded her that he was a country lawyer.

Joe bragged that the GOP lost seats in the 2018 election because Trump was friendly with Putin.

Why won't everyone in the GOP listen to Joe?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, stormy said:

I still like Rep Tim Ryan. But I hope he let Donnie's advice go in one ear and out the other.

Donnie & Joe should have a show where they give political advice & debate strategy to candidates.

Donnie wants Tim to have a human moment.

Joe told Tim not to do cartwheels on the stage. He told him to be himself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika got upset with Joe. Mika denied saying that Trump was evil. Mika said Trump is chipping away at our values.

And thank God we have those bedrocks of morality to tune into every morning . . . oy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

How can Meek-a sit there practically mute as all the menfolk discuss world affairs and foreign policy, as she did this morning?  (And does every day, actually).    Did she learn nothing sitting around the family dinner table in her formative years, considering her father's career??

I find it ironic and sad that she, of all people, is the spokeswoman for KYV.   In my head she is the 2019 version of June Cleaver, in her house-dress and pearls, setting Ward's dinner plate in front of him and gazing with rapt attention and he commandeers the mealtime conversation.

What is puzzling is why so many smarter, stronger and genuinely self-confident women take part in her little 'conferences', or whatever she calls them.   I imagine them making fun of her behind her back.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Mika & Joe are in NY today. It must be a special occasion. Joe might be meeting with someone important to discuss his new book.

Trump is cutting ties with his pollster because they leaked results showing Trump behind in all the states except Texas. Joe was excited and said he was right that Biden would sweep Trump out of office.

Joe is excited about the Fox News polls showing Trump behind.

Trump is doomed according to Joe!

Jonathan Lemire said Trump voters may not have been polled.

Joe said the Obama coalition was at a low point in 2016. African Americans will be more excited to vote for Biden in 2020.

• Love 2

Joe said Trump's election was a fluke. Confessore said Trump is a Black Swan President.

Joe said that Wisconsin & Pennsylvania usually vote Democratic.

Joe said that 9 times out of 10 , Trump would lose.

• Love 2

Barnicle said Trump is losing women voters.

Joe reminded the panel that Black women came out in the rain to vote for Doug Jones.

Will the African American voters show up to defeat Trump. ?

The key for Biden will be to listen to Joe's latest advice.

Joe applauded himself for saying that Trump could be President. This will be in his book.

I hope they put a countdown clock on screen as the date of Joe's book approaches.

Joe said Evangelicals won't vote as much for Trump. Joe is an evangelical.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

How can Meek-a sit there practically mute as all the menfolk discuss world affairs and foreign policy, as she did this morning? 

Oh my goodness, I tuned in earlier today and she looked like the RCA dog staring into the Victrola/Joe.  It took me a minute to figure out yes they are live in studio and yes she is acting like nobody else is sitting at the table.  She then proceeded to totally muck up the teleprompter and that's when I grabbed the remote but am thrilled I tuned back in in time to see those ABC clips with Stephanopoulos.  Yikes.  You go George, that is how you do it baby!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Boy I am really so impressed with so many of the freshmen women elected to Congress.  So many talented, focused, actually caring about their constituents women.  Good on those districts that elected these talented women!

They should change Morning Joe to Morning Katies and have both Representatives Hill and Porter host the show and bring on their colleagues and constituents to get a true picture of what is going on right now.

3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Stephanopoulos towered over Trump at his desk. He is short though so it made him look powerful!.

Trump hates people that cough during interviews.

Hee, between that shot and the two of them stuffed into the back seat of The Beast I love the visuals of those interviews!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6