Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe said Kamala Harris was popular with police & the latte liberators.

Al Sharpton was a panelist. He said some African Americans supported the 1994 crime bill.

He admitted that as a prosecutor she had to prosecute criminals fairly. He does not support criminal behavior.

There was a good debate about felons having voting rights after they leave prison.

Holly Harris was a new guest. She works with ex felons to get voting rights restored. It varies by states.

Delaney has 4 county chairs in Iowa endorsing him.

• Love 1
On 4/25/2019 at 4:09 PM, Chloesmom said:

She was auditioning for whatever Senate committee that would have her last night on Hardball. 

I read this as Hairball!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I like Max Rose in spite of myself. Don’t agree with him on a lot of things (e.g., his refusal to back Pelosi) but he’s sincere and personable and always contributes thoughtfully to the otherwise inane discussion on the show.

Walter Isaacson is pretty worthless, however.

• Love 2

I so enjoyed the discussion between Max Rose and Clint Watts.  Watts put in his opinion that the mainstream websites aren't the only problem; that there are little-known sites that bigoted, possibly violent people flock to that will be a huge problem in the future.  Rose agreed and then the two of them put forth some really informative stuff.  It was a great discussion "around the desk" - which included, I think, Jonathan Lemire. Until Joe and Meeka had to interject themselves into the conversation.  And that was that.  

And then the interminable, boring, ego-centered (centric?) conversation between Isaacson and Joe.  Did anyone know that Joe was a child of the south? Gosh, I didn't.  I don't mind them having Isaacson on once in awhile; but I have to think he is there to prop Joe.  The two of them can relive their glory days.  And Joe wrote an op-ed.  Did anyone hear that?  Gosh, I didn't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Monday Recap. Joe is in Florida. Joe is upset at the Red Sox for not playing better. Joe liked the Avengers movie. Joe did not listen to the Taylor Swift video.

Clint Watt is a guest. He said that Trump is not doing enough to stop white nationists & domestic terrorists from attacking synagogues.

Joe is upset at the Coast Guard terrorist for getting bail. Trump blamed Barr.

• Love 1

The union chief said that Biden was a reasonable Democrat. He didn't like the Far Left Democrats.

The NRA is in chaos. Joe said the leaders are self dealing. Joe complained that the NRA didn't listen to him. They lost their way.

Mika wants the Obama family to endorse Biden. Joe said that Obama threw shade at Biden.

• Love 1

Mika said that Joe was on the kill list. She blamed Trump for allowing him to run free.

Ok I am Super Liberal , but MJ's entire riff on how Trump and Barr is trying to kill off all of Trump's political enemies (inc. Joe) by releasing this American guy who was targeting them is too deep state for EVEN ME!  Come on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe  was happy about growing up in Meridien Missiissippi. Joe said he went to integrated schools in South. Joe said he was a Son of the South.

He sure as hell didn't got to an integrated school in Meridian. Like many southern school districts it developed a system where whites went to a private school, and blacks attended an under financed public school. A pattern that still exists today.

Lamar School (private) Four percent African American

Meridian Public School District 83 percent African American

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, xaxat said:

He sure as hell didn't got to an integrated school in Meridian. Like many southern school districts it developed a system where whites went to a private school, and blacks attended an under financed public school. A pattern that still exists today.

Lamar School (private) Four percent African American

Meridian Public School District 83 percent African American

Joe did not mention which specific school he went to in Mississippi today.  In the past he did mention going to school with African Americans. Joe said that everyone got along and that he was very popular with all the students.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Ok I am Super Liberal , but MJ's entire riff on how Trump and Barr is trying to kill off all of Trump's political enemies (inc. Joe) by releasing this American guy who was targeting them is too deep state for EVEN ME!  Come on.

Thank you.  Where was he arrested? Wouldn't the Fed Prosecutor for that district be in charge of whether he got released?  Not Trump & Barr? 

1 hour ago, xaxat said:

e sure as hell didn't got to an integrated school in Meridian. Like many southern school districts it developed a system where whites went to a private school, and blacks attended an under financed public school. A pattern that still exists today.

He graduated from Pensacola Catholic High School in Pensacola FL.  Which is a private school.  And in 2015-16 had 602 students.  Current enrollment shows 8% black students. 

Of course Joe thinks he was popular.  Just like the head of the CIA and the ghost of Margaret Thatcher call him every night. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Kemper said:

I so enjoyed the discussion between Max Rose and Clint Watts.  Watts put in his opinion that the mainstream websites aren't the only problem; that there are little-known sites that bigoted, possibly violent people flock to that will be a huge problem in the future.  Rose agreed and then the two of them put forth some really informative stuff.  It was a great discussion "around the desk" - which included, I think, Jonathan Lemire. Until Joe and Meeka had to interject themselves into the conversation.  And that was that.  

Sigh, it figures the one morning I don't tune in at all I miss something I would have liked to have seen (well at least until the Bickerson's inserted themselves).

I also see they brought up the Coast Guard guy getting released again.  I don't blame them at all for being upset but the day it was announced one of the real lawyers they have on was trying to explain that because the way the law is currently written there just isn't much he can do and both of them curb stomped him until he finally gave up and let them blame Barr.  Again, I understand that they are upset but I am not sure antagonizing the people that could potentially help expedite a solution is the best course of action.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Thank you.  Where was he arrested? Wouldn't the Fed Prosecutor for that district be in charge of whether he got released?  Not Trump & Barr? 

He graduated from Pensacola Catholic High School in Pensacola FL.  Which is a private school.  And in 2015-16 had 602 students.  Current enrollment shows 8% black students. 

Of course Joe thinks he was popular.  Just like the head of the CIA and the ghost of Margaret Thatcher call him every night. 

Joe did not mention attending a private school. Joe's popularity in elementary school may have forced his parents to transfer him to a private school. Joe may have have been distracted by all the other kids and teachers listening to his wise comments on the issues of the day while he was in class.

I wonder if the city of Pensacola has agreed to build the Joe Scarborough Congressional library. ? Joe was a very prominent member of Congress for the district.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Tuesday Recap. The first 5 minutes was spent discussing the Beatles & the Avengers. Willie's son , George liked the movie. Joe's kids loved the movie too. Joe said the Avengers is a very popular film series.

Joe mocked that Trump made 10,000 lies during his Presidency. The opening clip was of the previous Secretary of State trying to call Trump  moron.

Mika wanted to discuss the optics of saluting North Korean Generals.

A new poll shows that Trump is doomed. Turnout levels will be high.

Joe said Trump only has 30% support in Wisconsin & Ohio.

Joe blasted the mainstream media for not listening to him. He said they are afraid of Trump.

• Love 1

Joe is mad at Trump's catch & release policy for domestic terrorists.

Joe said Boys & the Hood was one of his favorite movies of the early 1990's.

Eugene Robinson said it was important movie for African Americans.

Joe said Biden has to stay in the middle of the road to win the nomination.

Joe liked Biden speaking to voters at the rally. He was alert and finished his speech without major gaffes.

• Love 1

Heileman said it's too early to call the Democratic race.

Joe started shouting about the Red Sox. Joe likes Liverpool.

Mika reminded Joe that he was on TV. Joe was acting up.

Joe was coaching Jack last night in baseball but he called him Joey by accident.

They showed photos of Joe coaching his son's baseball team.

Joe said the nuns agreed with him when he coached the Pensacola Catholic High School baseball team.

Joe is laughing at how popular he was as a coach.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mika said that Joe Biden's time has come. He can defeat Trump .

Bernie Sanders sent out a tweet against the Democratic establishment. Kasie said other Democrats don't want Bernie Sanders to win. d

Kasie said that Democrats will rally around Biden to defeat Sanders. Kasie Hunt said many voters are upset at Trump's comments on Charlottsville.

Kasie said that Bernie is very stubborn.

Joe said that Pittsburgh is a swing area.

Joe mentioned many cities in Pennsylvania where Biden is popular.

• Love 1

Richard Haas said that Biden could run as the 3rd term of Obama. It worked for George Bush SR.

More photos of Joe's baseball team. They have a girl as a pitcher on the team. Mika wants the girl to Know Her Value.

It's surprising that they would do another 5 minute segment on Joe's baseball team.

Slow News Day?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Mika told the audience to get out of NY. Mika defended Biden's hugs. Million of people have been hugged by Joe. Mika lashed out at women who are writing op eds against Joe Biden.

Mika refuses to discuss the hugging issue again.

Joe Biden had his hands on Joe's son shoulders at the convention. Joe also hugged Teya's kids.

Mika & Joe are VERY STRONG Defenders of Joe Biden.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, oakville said:

Richard Haas said that Biden could run as the 3rd term of Obama. It worked for George Bush SR.

More photos of Joe's baseball team. They have a girl as a pitcher on the team. Mika wants the girl to Know Her Value.

It's surprising that they would do another 5 minute segment on Joe's baseball team.

Slow News Day?

Here's my problem with Joe showing that picture.  If I had some lunatic threaten me with death, the absolute last thing I would do is show a picture of my son (and his baseball team) on national television for all to see.  If I was a parent of one of those children, I would be furious with the Scarboroughs right now.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Here's my problem with Joe showing that picture.  If I had some lunatic threaten me with death, the absolute last thing I would do is show a picture of my son (and his baseball team) on national television for all to see.  If I was a parent of one of those children, I would be furious with the Scarboroughs right now.

Because it is always always about him.  Yes, those parents should be furious and threaten the big-headed, big-haired, big idiot with a lawsuit.  He is getting worse in his bragging. (I would say braggadocio but am not sure how to spell it).  I would love to know who they know at the network that let's them pull all of this stuff.  That new contract must really be something.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Because it is always always about him.  Yes, those parents should be furious and threaten the big-headed, big-haired, big idiot with a lawsuit.  He is getting worse in his bragging. (I would say braggadocio but am not sure how to spell it).  I would love to know who they know at the network that let's them pull all of this stuff.  That new contract must really be something.

I wonder if Joe got approval from the parents to show the photos ? . Joe also mentioned the first names of all the players on the team. That would make it even easier to track down the kids.

Joe used to brag on the show  that he was powerful enough at MSNBC to get rid of Olberman, Toure Ed Shultz & other progressives whose shows he did not like. Joe said he replaced them with his people like Kasie Hunt & Chuck Todd.

It amazes me at how brazen Mika & Joe are now.

• Love 3

Mika got at very upset at Kasie Hunt when she said everyone has flaws including Joe Biden.

Mika said only 2 people have criticized Joe Biden for inappropriate hugging.

Kasie has to be careful about disagreeing with Mika.

Mika said she was treated unfairly by the media . They tried to bring her down. Is this about the "butt boy" comments?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika got at very upset at Kasie Hunt when she said everyone has flaws including Joe Biden.

Mika said she was treated unfairly by the media . They tried to bring her down. Is this about the "butt boy" comments?

So they are even fighting with Meek's protege/mini me?  Can you imagine what a complete nightmare these two must be when the cameras are off?  And I have to say I like Kasie's new hair do, I like the softer look.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Yes Kasie is going to realize the deal she made with this devil to have her own show may not be worth it.   

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

So they are even fighting with Meek's protege/mini me?  Can you imagine what a complete nightmare these two must be when the cameras are off?  And I have to say I like Kasie's new hair do, I like the softer look.

Kasie! did not realize that Mika's favorite candidate for President this week is Joe Biden. Last week, Mika loved Mayor Pete. Joe has made it clear that the Democrats will make a huge mistake unless they nominate a candidate that he approves of.

• Love 5
On 4/29/2019 at 8:40 AM, oakville said:

Joe bought his kids a flip phone. He is also buying Mika a flip phone. Joe still keeps an iphone for all the important world leaders that contact him.

iphone addiction is a big issue.

i use a flip phone.   zero interest in owning an iphone

• Love 1

Joe is mad at Barr today. He received a letter from Mueller complaining about his 4 page summary. Barr twisted the findings in the report to make Trump look good.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe told Trump to stop retweeting around 6 20 am. Does Heidi have a new hairstyle?

She looks great.

I noticed that, too.  She was on one of the shows last night...maybe with Steve Kornacki (thankfully subbing for Chuck T) or one of the later ones.  It looks like her hair has been highlighted or streaked ("streaked"..showing my age) and cut at an angle in the front.  She is absolutely gorgeous.  Could that possibly impact her infrequent appearances on MJ?

• Love 5

Ok, I just tuned in before the top of the hour and was lucky enough to catch Meeks letting us know an KYV pearl was going to drop about her taking a "big risk".  Good to see that in the news tsunami we are in right now she managed to shoehorn her soon to be Pulitzer Prize winning article in under the wire.

I'm sorry I missed Heidi, I would have liked to see/hear her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

That was pretty amazing. Joe and the Congressman from Oklahoma managed to do ten minutes on how evil deficits are without once mentioning the signature legislation of the administration, a deficit busting tax cut.

Remember back when the legal talking heads told us that Barr was a principled institutionalist and an appropriate replacement for that hack Matthew Whitaker?

• Love 7

Kasie! did not realize that Mika's favorite candidate for President this week is Joe Biden. Last week, Mika loved Mayor Pete

Hee! You know, if this upcoming election's outcome wasn't so very DIRE, I would just sit back and put my legs up with a glass of cold Riesling and watch it all play out.  Like I did for the year leading up to the 2016 election, laughing over Trumps antics. I think its kinda amusing how Beto was the next President and now he's been repackaged into Mayor Pete.  (I was on Beto's side until he  took that solo soul-finding tour sans wife and kids after losing the Texas election, which was overly dramatic IMHO)

• Love 7
(edited)
18 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Remember back when the legal talking heads told us that Barr was a principled institutionalist and an appropriate replacement for that hack Matthew Whitaker?

Yeah how's that working out

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, oakville said:

Joe said the nuns agreed with him when he coached the Pensacola Catholic High School baseball team

Interesting here is a list of the coaches of that team from the school's web site.  I don't see Joe Scarborough listed.   

1984 - 2016    33 years Richard Labounty  717-228-1

2017- 2018     2 years  Sonny Reedy    43-15-0

The current coach is Seth Currie. 

Bringing juice boxes and helping with equipment isn't coaching, Joe. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Interesting here is a list of the coaches of that team from the school's web site.  I don't see Joe Scarborough listed.   

1984 - 2016    33 years Richard Labounty  717-228-1

2017- 2018     2 years  Sonny Reedy    43-15-0

The current coach is Seth Currie. 

Bringing juice boxes and helping with equipment isn't coaching, Joe. 

Did you check under Juice Box Manager?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2