Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Tuned in just in time to hear Joe and Piers M discussing soccer; but it isn't called soccer?  Who cares what Piers Morgan thinks about anything?  When talking Brexit he talks out of both sides of his mouth.  And then the both of them start talking trash about the Dems and impeachment.  Who is Piers M to weigh in on this?  And Joe.  You are the sage of the Democratic Party.  Yes you are.  That last is how I talk to my cat in a sing-song baby voice..except with Joe I say it with sarcasm.  

Joe's ego is bigger than his head and  hair - and that is saying a lot.  The Joe/Piers discussion got my day off to a raging start. 

Who's a good political pundit?  You are Psycho Joe, you are!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Boy they are lovin' on Mayor Pete (which is fine with me) but Chasten you better look out as they are coming for your man . . . 😉

Wow, those poll numbers are stunning.  What happened to Beto?  And I'm beginning to think Biden waited a bit too long.

Are these the Democracy For America poll numbers?

52 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

It looks like it's from the University of New Hampshire?

That is correct. Sanders has 30%, Biden 18% , Pete 15%, Warren 5%, Harris 4%, Booker 3% Beto 3%.

Kasie said that Biden's first day as a candidate might be his best day. Harris & Warren are not doing well.

Mika said she knew that Mayor Pete would do well.

Joe & Barnicle are opposed to impeachment.

Joe said that Warren has many policy proposals.

• Love 3

Joe complained about the Bernie Sanders campaign. Joe said he knew that there were similarities between Sanders & Trump voters. Sanders campaign doesn't want admit they are after Trump voters.

Mika defended Mayor Pete.

• Love 2

Joe was happy that Trump called him Psycho Joe in a tweet. Joe said he wasn't that powerful and did not help get Trump elected in 2016 with the free air time.

Mika was upset that Trump called Joe powerful. 

Joe said that Trump watches Morning Joe every day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I was very dismayed to hear that the other DEM candidates are digging for dirt on Mayor Pete. I know, politics is a very nasty, dirty game, but, for God's sake, why give the GOP any info they could also use????? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Doesn't Mayor Pete have enough to contend with, especially those Westboro imbeciles?????

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I was very dismayed to hear that the other DEM candidates are digging for dirt on Mayor Pete. I know, politics is a very nasty, dirty game, but, for God's sake, why give the GOP any info they could also use????? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Doesn't Mayor Pete have enough to contend with, especially those Westboro imbeciles?????

They are going to get it anyhow. One of the first things high profile candidates are advised to do is conduct opposition research on themselves so they are fully aware of any attacks that may be made.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

The GOP will gather dirt but not use it until the Dem nominee is named (unless they are trying to knock out a Dem they think would be too strong a contender against 45).  The GOP will save it for when it will do the most damage when it is too late for the Dems to pick a better candidate.  It is better to get the dirt out now, if there is dirt, so Dems can ultimately nominate their best candidate with the least dirt.  Bernie Sanders has this dirt problem, too.  The Dems should get all the dirt out on him now, rather than waiting for the GOP to destroy his candidacy in the general election, but they won't.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

Thanks for reminding me how the process of nomination is conducted, by both parties. Why, oh why, didn't any of the dirt work against trump?? It seemed as though the GOP were almost proud of all the  disgusting revelations that came out.....and he won. I'm worried that the Dems are gonna somehow blow this, and the nightmare will continue.😟

• Love 1

Joe is solo today in Florida. Joe is wearing a very nice blue blazer.

Heileman & Willie are in NY. Joe is upset at Trump because he ignores Congress, but he said Obama did the same thing.

Joe spoke to several key Democratic insiders. They all said that Biden should not enter the race. He is too old & relies on big donations. His roll out is old fashioned with a video & a visit to Pittsburgh next week.

Heileman said Biden is not the only one that can beat Trump. He waited too long.

Heileman said Biden was a bad fundraiser. Heileman was very delicate in discussing his physical contact with women.

Vander Hei said the other CNN candidates are very far too the left of Biden.

• Love 2

I didn't watch the show much today but did flip back in time to see Joe and Jane Harmon on a split screen and it looked like an episode of "Who's Hair Is Higher?".  Several cans of mousse gave up their lives for that segment and probably blew another hole in the ozone layer the size of Texas.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I didn't watch the show much today but did flip back in time to see Joe and Jane Harmon on a split screen and it looked like an episode of "Who's Hair Is Higher?".  Several cans of mousse gave up their lives for that segment and probably blew another hole in the ozone layer the size of Texas.

Well, this post is hysterical!!! Nice to have a good laugh. Did anyone discuss the invitation from the Queen? I was out for most of the show. So, dumpf leaves the Queen waiting on his last visit, (he was late, remember?) but she extends another invitation????? So much for protocol when meeting the royals. 

• Love 3

Wow, I've been away and I just realized that several days ago Trump tweeted that MJ helped him get elected by constantly having him on and giving him jillions of dollars of free air time!!  Trump, get out of this thread's head!

What was the convo on this??

• Love 2

Well I see today Joe has assumed the role of All Knowing Pundit Joe and basically said everybody has been calling him telling him they are not excited about Biden getting in but after seeing his campaign launch video it seems he has spun on a proverbial dime.  What a bunch of hacks.

The video was very well done and speaks to anyone that feels disconnected from the current presidency.  Some were snarking last night that Biden's team was still editing the video "and you know what that means".  I guess in this case it means the final tweaks were genius.  I thought maybe he waited too long to announce but I am happy to say I was wrong.  Go get 'em Joe Biden, bless you young man!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Wow, I've been away and I just realized that several days ago Trump tweeted that MJ helped him get elected by constantly having him on and giving him jillions of dollars of free air time!!  Trump, get out of this thread's head!

Whineandcheez, I honestly don't watch the show that much and missed much of the on air conversation but I can only imagine how they rolled around in that tweet like a dog when it finds something particularly odorous and can't wait to smear it all over themselves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Alrighty, we have now moved into the Pastor Joe segment of the program as they are dumping on Franklin Graham (and rightly so) for his comments about their FTTS Mayor Pete.  Apparently Joe says he has sinned a couple of times . . . yep, maybe a few.  Always good to see/hear John Meacham and I like his new haircut.

• Love 2

Top of the next hour:  Meeks starts the segment stating Biden just may be the man we need at this time in our nation's history.  Joe blinks his little eyes a couple of times and says we'll see.  Should be a fun day at the Scarborough household today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

"Joe blinks his little eyes" ... my favorite of the week so far.  I have been hitting the remote more than usual lately due to the sameness of the discussions.  Impeach or not impeach? Impeach or not impeach?  Impeach or not impeach?  You get the drift.  Same people, same discussions, same pontifications from Mount Scarborough.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe went wild when he got mentioned by Trump. They were so excited . They even joked about being called Psycho Joe. It was weird that they denied that they had so much influence on the election with all the free air time. They  even had a chyron with the term psycho Joe. Joe said his ratings were doing fine.

• Love 2

Joe complained that Obama sent his best advisers to Beto Orourke who only has 3% support.

Joe & Mika like Biden. Joe said Biden was right in 1993 to vote for a tough crime bill.

Barnicle likes Biden.

Ratner likes the TV show Veep.

Joe doesn't want Biden to apologize for past votes in the 1970's.

• Love 2

Joe attacked people with Blue Check Marks on Twitter. They complain too much about policies & want the Democrats to move left.

Joe said the election will come down to Pennsylvania.

Joe doesn't like Math.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Someone should tell Joe to stick to one theme. Is it Trump is doomed with 31% in Ohio or the Democrats are doomed with radical candidates .

I can't believe that MSNBC pays him for such superficial analysis.

Joe mocked the Washington elite for supporting Bill Bradley in 2000.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

I can't believe that MSNBC pays him for such superficial analysis.

Him and the rest of that table.  They can all go including Ratner who is still mumbling about Biden not being able to raise money.  Good grief, things have changed and will continue to change so fast how do you know what's going to happen or even what's been going on behind the scenes at Biden headquarters since clearly not one of them is wired into the campaign itself?  They can take all of those spoiled, over compensated, insulated from the real world table jockeys and send them packing.

Except Meacham, he can stay.

• Love 6

Joe says whoever wins California, NH & Iowa will be the nominee. Joe wants Biden to raise money with small donors.

Joe is unfamiliar with the rules for delegates. The Super Delegates only vote on the second ballot.

Omarosa is on Morning Joe. Yikes!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

The video was very well done and speaks to anyone that feels disconnected from the current presidency.  Some were snarking last night that Biden's team was still editing the video "and you know what that means".  I guess in this case it means the final tweaks were genius.  I thought maybe he waited too long to announce but I am happy to say I was wrong.  Go get 'em Joe Biden, bless you young man!

I'm not overly sentimental so I must be seriously damaged by the last two years, more damaged than I realized, because the video made me all misty.

You never truly appreciate what you had until it's gone.

• Love 9

The 8;30 am hour was devoted to the interview with Viola Davis. It was about her struggle with Diabetes.

Mika's daughter has an opinion on Beto. Mika wouldn't share it.

There some weird clip with Mika's KnowYour Value segment and Claire McCaskill

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe has to see the Avengers movie in Florida with his children.

Reminds me of how during the Vietnam conflict Walter Cronkite would skip out on broadcasting the news so he could be at home to watch "Batman" with his kids.

I'm so sick of man-children.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

The 8;30 am hour was devoted to the interview with Viola Davis. It was about her struggle with Diabetes.

It was a good segment, except for the ghost of Wilford Brimley yelling "Diabeetus! Diabeetus!" in my ear.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, oakville said:

Omarosa said that Trump has a list of shocking proposals  to distract the media.

It's already under way.   Following up on my post of a couple days ago, it has since been announced that Trump now wants to give all hospitals (not just Catholic ones) the option of turning away transgender people on the basis of conscience, and hopes to do that by removing the non-discrimination clause from the Affordable Care Act and reinstating pre-Obama administration definitions of male and female.   This would also allow insurance companies to deny transgender people coverage.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe wants Biden to raise money with small donors.

Already happening.  I just donated this morning!

Noah said that Biden will have problems with getting African American voters.

Noah doesn't know what he's talking about.

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, Eliot said:

It was a good segment, except for the ghost of Wilford Brimley yelling "Diabeetus! Diabeetus!" in my ear.

He's not dead yet.  You may be haunted in your future, though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Him and the rest of that table.  They can all go including Ratner who is still mumbling about Biden not being able to raise money.  Good grief, things have changed and will continue to change so fast how do you know what's going to happen or even what's been going on behind the scenes at Biden headquarters since clearly not one of them is wired into the campaign itself?  They can take all of those spoiled, over compensated, insulated from the real world table jockeys and send them packing.

Except Meacham, he can stay.

I was impressed by Meacham talking about Joe Biden's "story", and comparing it to dumpf's "no story". Maybe  a  good number of Millennials don't know about Joe's tragic past, and how he made sure his surviving children were loved and cared for? Will that encourage more Biden voters? Maybe not, but it does give a clear picture of Joe's character, as opposed to what's in the White House now......IMHO. Yes, Meacham can stay!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I couldn't watch, but only listen so tell me, did Mika do any of her snotty eye rolling or other tricks that she does to guests she has a whiff of disapproval for??

Oh rats I would have stuck around if I had known Omarosa was going to be on.  She was auditioning for whatever Senate committee that would have her last night on Hardball.  She practically has her outfit all picked out.  Mysterious boxes of evidence have disappeared . . . yep like her career.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I couldn't watch, but only listen so tell me, did Mika do any of her snotty eye rolling or other tricks that she does to guests she has a whiff of disapproval for??

Mika was polite & she was asking Omarosa if she was "under a spell " when she was working for Trump. She said that Trump was charming in private. Mika & Joe have said the same thing about him.

• Love 3

Mika was polite & she was asking Omarosa if she was "under a spell " when she was working for Trump. She said that Trump was charming in private. Mika & Joe have said the same thing about him.

Such journalism.  Way to go Scoop . . . and may I add, about that "spell" business, we ask the same of you and the Mr. as you both were the quintessential cheerleaders for far too many months.

Mika has to play polite. If there’s any dirt with Trump and Joe/Mika (and I’m honestly betting there is, given Joe’s friendship with Trump and both of them trying to jump into the admin), Omarosa probably has the receipts. 😂 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Mika has to play polite. If there’s any dirt with Trump and Joe/Mika (and I’m honestly betting there is, given Joe’s friendship with Trump and both of them trying to jump into the admin), Omarosa probably has the receipts. 😂 

I found it bizarre when Don Trump Jr  blasted Joe on twitter for asking for complimentary hotel & meals at Mar a Largo. Joe did admit to staying at Mar A Largo with his kids before Trump ran for President. 

• Love 1

I know I am ruthless in my snark about these two but I have to say I feel sorry for them today as they are going through the story about releasing that Coast Guard guy who threatened to kill several people including Joe.  You can hear the emotion in Mika's voice and I don't blame them as they live in rather close proximity to where he is based I believe.  It was a good discussion and highlights yet another hole in our judicial system that Congress needs to address (good luck with that) but I am horrified they are looking at releasing this guy even with "restrictions".

• Love 11

The panel likes Biden's first day on the campaign trail. Heilman is happy that he is focused on defeating Trump. Donny is happy that he is compassionate.

Joe admitted that there were divisions during the Obama era.

Eugene called Trump a lunatic with a family of grifters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Joe went on a long rant on his vote for the Iraq War. Joe said the CIA Director told him that Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. Joe is mad at people who drink soy lattes & complain about Biden's past votes.

Joe supported the crime bill in 1994.

Sam Stein wants more contrition from Biden.

• Love 2