Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika want more Democrats to go on Fox News.

Mika is wearing a new grey sweater.She looks very nice today. The makeup crew is much better in NYC.

Barnicle wants a Democratic debate on Fox News.

• Love 1

Well they did say they would have any candidate on whenever they wanted, they've reached out to everyone, and the way people get to know candidates is for them to go on tv.   Pete was on CNN yesterday or Monday, he just announced his official candidacy, this is how you campaign. 

Candidates can reach a lot more people doing these shows, couple that with rallies, you introduce yourself to millions of people. 

His team is negotiating with Fox to do a town hall like Bernie did. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Barnicle wants a Democratic debate on Fox News.

Like anyone cares what he wants.

27 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika would not confirm if Joe's concert would be covered live on MSNBC.

So far, the best line of the week.  Gave me my morning laugh.  And yes, Meeka did a good job today; I also liked her sweater/top combination.  These seem to be her salad days; she actually seems very happy.  And pleased with herself. (Sorry, could not resist a bit of sarcasm).

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 4/15/2019 at 8:21 AM, revbfc said:

I say this as someone who supports Buttigieg:  MJ’s cheerleading of PB also feels contrived.

I don't think it is contrived, but I think it is way overdone. Mika needs to control herself. I like Buttigieg a lot, but listening to Mika's constant fangirling is actually turning me off. I have to remember it's not his (or any candidate's) fault that Mika sucks at her job. 

The reason I don't feel it is contrived is that Mika is prone to be a fickle fangirl. Last cycle, all she talked about (when she wasn't giving Trump a verbal tongue bath) was Elizabeth Warren (whom I also like, btw), even though Warren wasn't running. 

I think there are miles between Warren and Buttigieg, so I find it weird that this woman who couldn't shut up about someone who wasn't running last time barely mentions her this time. 

I don't think Mika has shown herself to have much ideological consistency. She is a flavor-of-the-week person. How one moves from being the only person on this show to respect the Occupy movement, to supporting Warren, to positively fawning over Buttigieg is beyond me. 

She paid Bernie Sanders some lip service today, and I thought that was contrived. Like someone showed her his poll and fundraising numbers and so she decided she likes him for the day. 

She's a shell and a shill.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:32 PM, merriebreeze said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/morning-blow-how-joe-and-mika-became-trumps-lapdogs-90992/

"Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski should be herded into a rocket and shot into space for their brown-nosing of Trump"

So is there a Go-Fund-Me for that worthwhile project?

On 4/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, teddysmom said:

Like he said, try being a gay man in Indiana in 2010 running for office.  I have no doubt he's tough as nails.  He doesn't get flustered easily and that may come across as too gentile.  I guarantee Trump wouldn't know what hit him. 

I think Buttigieg so far has shown himself to have a quiet strength. I like him. That said, he didn't come out publicly until 2015. So he was a gay man in Indiana, but he wasn't dealing with the public reality of that until more recently. 

That said, someone wondered if Buttigieg would hold his own against Putin and Kim Jong Un. Buttigieg was a Navy Intelligence officer. I think he'd be okay.

3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Does Mika utter anything (other than um and wow) that isn't scripted?  "Compate--compare."  The suckfest for Mayor Pete is suckifying, even if you like him.  He was just there and he's coming back tomorrow?  Looks like he's going to get the full Mika treatment.

It's stunning, isn't it? I don't even really understand how she thinks this is at all the job. She's acting like a PR flack/cheerleader. In the early days of Morning Joe, I appreciated that the hosts and the table brought their opinions to the discussion.

Mika's behavior this time out is something apart from that.

3 hours ago, millennium said:

Just re-brand the show "Morning Pete" already.   It feels like they're going all in on a stock they got a hot tip about. 

Yup. Although, I guess that's better than Morning Trump.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, meowmommy said:

I have a sinking feeling the Westboro Baptist Church and its despicable clones are going to mobilize.

They seemed to have disappeared for a while, but, as you said, they're going to come after Mayor Pete with a vengeance. One good thing though, most Americans are disgusted and outraged by their hateful actions and rhetoric. I hope, with all my heart, that even the evangelicals will ignore them and actually give Pete a chance to speak. Most archaeologists think Sodom and Gomorrah were cities destroyed by earthquakes and the deadly fires that followed. Hope I didn't digress too much!!!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Interesting little montage, though, of how 45 handles hecklers.

No offense MEOWMOMMY, but I hated it.  Because I feel like I've seen it eleventy billion times already.  When it happened and when each network, including this one, repeatedly showed each incident over and over and over.  And given what's been shown of Mayor Pete's temperament - so far - I didn't need to see those clips again to know there's no comparison between these two (I'll be charitable and say) "people".

Edited by jalady
No shade directed towards Mayor Pete regarding "people".
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, jalady said:

No offense MEOWMOMMY, but I hated it.

None taken.  That's how I feel about the Access Hollywood tape that gets played over and over and over, as if nobody's ever seen it.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, jalady said:

No offense MEOWMOMMY, but I hated it.  Because I feel like I've seen it eleventy billion times already.  When it happened and when each network, including this one, repeatedly showed each incident over and over and over.  And given what's been shown of Mayor Pete's temperament - so far - I didn't need to see those clips again to know there's no comparison between these two (I'll be charitable and say) "people".

But the montage shown on this morning's show is what many people like and want from Trump.   They feel powerless in their everyday lives, subordinate to employers, authorities, creditors, people with higher education, etc.  They wish they could have their daily antagonists removed that easily -- and preferably hauled off by burly men and beaten along the way.   The impotent masses live vicariously through Trump, never stopping to consider that he would have them dragged away just as swiftly and brusquely if they ever tried to set foot in, say, Mar-A-Lago.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, General Days said:

think there are miles between Warren and Buttigieg, so I find it weird that this woman who couldn't shut up about someone who wasn't running last time barely mentions her this time. 

I think Mika was way on for Warren because she wasn’t running and could talk about her without specifying policy initiatives... and because she was constantly bashing Rodham Clinton, Ms. KYV needed some woman to balance out her brand.

If she talks about Warren now as a candidate she would need to have some grasp of her policy plans, and I doubt Mika has that on any level.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Per usual, I was only half listening - but was Joe's very first question to Mayor Pete about being gay?   Really??   With all that's going on in this country and the world, a person's orientation or gender mean nothing to me.   I want to hear policy plans, stances on social issues, etc.   They're finally getting around to it.   I could listen to Pete B. talk all day.  His calm, rational demeanor makes me feel better, even though he has no 'power' in the Federal sense now.   -   I don't have a problem with them having him on frequently, not after the near daily free platform they gave Trump during the last campaign.   Maybe - just maybe - they realize the part they played and are trying to balance the scales.   But then again, they're not that deep.

• Love 11

I hope other candidates take advantage of the "open door" to go on the show frequently.  This is free press and airtime for candidates.  I don't know how welcome they will be and how tough the questions will be.  But still.  Candidates...go on the show; we could get burnout with Mayor Pete.

• Love 3

Yes, absolutely other candidates should take advantage of MJ.   The show seems to have a bigger following than I can make sense of, so it's smart to take advantage of that.  I began watching long ago when they took over Imus' slot, which was my go-to.   Now it's just habit, plus the fact that whenever I switch over to CNN or CBS, etc. I don't like them either.   So I stay with what's familiar.   And so snarkable 😉.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So, they changed sets in the middle of the third hour, and after the break, Joe says “Where are we?”  Mika: “On the Nightly News set.”  And Joe’s eyes were darting around like a cat trying to track a laser dot. 

Was glad they had Barbara McQuade on set; that means she will be live on other shows today.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

It was kind of jarring that they switched sets in the middle of the show. 

Another surprising moment was when Joe complimented Rachel Maddow’s interview with Mayor Pete

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, freddi said:

So, they changed sets in the middle of the third hour, and after the break, Joe says “Where are we?”  Mika: “On the Nightly News set.”  And Joe’s eyes were darting around like a cat trying to track a laser dot. 

Was glad they had Barbara McQuade on set; that means she will be live on other shows today.  

Look at them sitting at the big kids table using their state funeral/Master's Championship sudden death playoff voices . . . 😉

I think maybe the set change is because Brian Williams is coming in at the top of the hour to anchor the coverage.

• Love 2

I could listen to Pete B. talk all day.  His calm, rational demeanor makes me feel better, even though he has no 'power' in the Federal sense now.

I agree! He gave the best answer I have heard in years about the late term abortion fear mongering by the right. I love how he pointed out how these pregnancies were wanted and meant to go full term but tragic circumstances intervened and now the families have a terrible decision to make. He asked how the government making this decision is better than the mother, her doctor and her religious or spiritual counselor? I would love to see him in a Vice-Presidential debate against MIke Pence.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, freddi said:

This paragraph will make me chuckle and smile all day, no matter what other dismal news I read and see today.   Thank you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

The show seems to have a bigger following than I can make sense of, so it's smart to take advantage of that.

It does boggle the mind.  Why do people watch this show?

Each of the candidates should get on the gab shows as frequently as they can, but some of the candidates, like Beto, are pounding the pavement.  He did 5 stops yesterday in Virginia.  He's been twice here in Charleston in the past 2 weeks.
He may not have stops in DC or NYC on his schedule.  But he ought to call in every morning and Trump it up.  He's far too earnest and square to be very entertaining, and would never draw Trump's ratings... but he and Mayor Pete ought to call in frequently.  Mika hates Beto, so that would make for awesome TV... for my own morning-snark anyway.
Biden would be ratings dynamite - they should get him a chair with his name on the back.  Call the show Morning Joe Biden.

• Love 5

Well,  Trump and Pompeo were certainly handed their respective a###s by Kim Jong Un today, weren't they? No Pompeo at any meetings, more missles being tested, a meeting with Putin without Trump......how foolish and stupid must this administration look to the rest of the world.With all the coverage of the Mueller report, maybe this was overlooked. Did anyone believe those meetings were going produce results??? Kim got on the world stage, while Trump looked like an imbecile. I loved the Mayor Pete interview....at least he got to talk without too many interruptions from "you know who". I hope Mayor Pete isn't trashed, he seems like a decent man, quite articulate, and he made so much sense about a variety of issues facing our country. 

• Love 11

Well I see we caught the first flight back to Florida.  That's ok, my beloved Chuck Rosenberg is on and actually got Joe to stuff it so I am happy.  

Ah, now we are on to one of their favorite subjects/targets Sarah Sanders and it would be fine with me if they dedicated the rest of the show to this.  Of all of the roles that have been rewritten/misappropriated she is one of the most aggregious examples and lying about the FBI is the worst.

And I love me some John Heileman but goodness did he rumage around in his suitcase and that's all he had left to wear today?  I give it a 94 on the frump meter . . . boo.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Well I see we caught the first flight back to Florida. 

Yeah. It's not like they could have know that today would be a big news day.

Is Joe friends with the prosecutor from Palm Beach? Is Joe giving him publicity for a run for higher office? It's kind of weird that they keep ignoring the two national stories involving his office (Jeffery Epstein and the massage parlor bust). 

• Love 3

That was lovely what Meeks said about Julia Ainsley and her reporting especially yesterday.  She has done an incredible job all through this saga but was just outstanding throughout that very long day yesterday.

1 minute ago, xaxat said:

Yeah. It's not like they could have know that today would be a big news day.

Is Joe friends with the prosecutor from Palm Beach? Is Joe giving him publicity for a run for higher office? It's kind of weird that they keep ignoring the two national stories involving his office (Jeffery Epstein and the massage parlor bust). 

THIS.  ^^^^^^^

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I figured it out.  The off-screen mumbles of...
"mmmm..."
"yup"
"oh yes.  yes"
"incredible"
"MMMmhhhMM!"
"uh huh"
"hard to believe"
"My God"
"well, yeah"

She's eating a cupcake.

With a milkshake chaser . . . 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Go Donnie go.  Couldn't agree more about that message going forward about he broke and law and got away with it along with taking your healthcare.  Yes.  Plus he gets my vote for best dressed today.

Ooooh, Jeffrey Epstein mention.  Not much but it's something.

• Love 2

If the Congress lets Trump "get away" with this, then we're done because the Russians will be back attacking our voting system -- since Trump won't protect it -- and whose to say they won't be even more successful than 2016? Whose to say they won't be able to change votes in close battleground states, awarding the presidency to Trump again? I really worry about that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ah, now we are on to one of their favorite subjects/targets Sarah Sanders and it would be fine with me if they dedicated the rest of the show to this.  Of all of the roles that have been rewritten/misappropriated she is one of the most aggregious examples and lying about the FBI is the worst.

When I look at her, I immediately want to wash and comb her hair, and dress her like a professional. How did she even get this job???? Did Daddy pull some strings? She is arrogant and obviously reading from trump's playbook. Did anyone ever hear about her before???? Of all the most vile trump spokespeople, she is the one I cannot stomach the most. After this nightmare is over, I hope we never, ever see her lying, disgusting face again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

When I look at her, I immediately want to wash and comb her hair, and dress her like a professional. How did she even get this job???? Did Daddy pull some strings? She is arrogant and obviously reading from trump's playbook. Did anyone ever hear about her before???? Of all the most vile trump spokespeople, she is the one I cannot stomach the most. After this nightmare is over, I hope we never, ever see her lying, disgusting face again.

This post is a thing of glory. 🙌

• Love 5

Catching up with yesterday's show. Joe was upset that Terry Mcauliffe won't run for President. Joe had a Gator jacket.

Joe was mad at people complaining about billionaires giving money to rebuild Notre Dame .

Katty Kay recommended that Joe do more concerts.Mika drank vodka shots during the event.

Mika mocked Ivanka's facial movements during her interview. I remember when Mika & Joe were singing the praises of Ivanka & Jared as the smartest power couple.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joe wants George Conway, Kelly Ann's husband to run a constitutional convention to discuss having the attorney general job reviewed so that the Presidnt would have less power to influence their decisions.

• Love 4

I figured it out.  The off-screen mumbles of...
"mmmm..."
"yup"
"oh yes.  yes"
"incredible"
"MMMmhhhMM!"
"uh huh"
"hard to believe"
"My God"
"well, yeah"

She's eating a cupcake.

Really?  Exactly one week ago she wrote a KYV post about her sugar addiction and the therapy she was using to overcome it.  Her EATING DISORDER you know.  She was giving up sugar because of her EATING DISORDER.  Sheesh.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

That's ok, my beloved Chuck Rosenberg is on and actually got Joe to stuff it so I am happy. 

8 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

And I love me some John Heileman but goodness did he rumage around in his suitcase and that's all he had left to wear today?

My two political TV boyfriends on the same stage.  😻😻😻

John would have to seriously grunge down to get as nasty a wardrobe as, say, oh I don't know, Ari Melber, who usually looks like the hobos gave him their hand-me-downs.

I do wonder about some of the MSNBC regulars who often are on LOD's set and then show up at MJ the next morning.  Do they even bother to go home, or do the producers just supply a room at 30 Rock for them to crash for the night?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Katty Kay recommended that Joe do more concerts.Mika drank vodka shots during the event.

Perfect.  As many hard alcohols (including vodka) have very little sugar in them she is going to go from cabernet to chirrhosis in no time at all but at least she'll be staying on the diet du jour.  Wow.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, xaxat said:

I was wondering about this too, so I did a quick google search, and as it happens, there was an article about this very subject a week ago.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-dave-aronberg-morning-joe-msnbc-20190411-story.html

apparently, his introduction to Morning Joe was through an MSNBC executive, not from being friends with Mika and Joe. Also, he doesn’t talk about local  cases due to conflict of interest,  which explains why he does not come on to discuss the Epstein and massage parlor stories) 

Edited by cased

Mika & Joe are in Florida. They are upset that Trump's aides said he is very happy. Joe found a poll that showed that Trump's appproval is down to 37%.

Meacham called Trump Macbeth.

Joe said he knew Trump for over 10 years. He can be very charming in private.

Joe called him a day trader.

Mika is depressed that Trump is still President. She called KAC a lackey for the President.

• Love 1

Scarborough and Barnicle pontificating on how Democrats must resist the urge to impeach sound just like Statler and Waldorf.

As Mika reported, Trump's coming after basic LGBT rights now.   He and his minions want to eliminate the federal protections that keep LGBT people from being fired or denied housing because of who we are.   The media hasn't paid much attention, but the administration has already tried to legally define transgender people out of existence, has enabled Catholic hospitals to deny transgender patients care on the basis of "conscience," and banned new transgender recruits in the military as of April 12.

Now it's protection for our housing and jobs that's on the line, and being decided by the conservative-heavy Supreme Court.

Today it's us -- tomorrow, it could be you.

• Love 5

They should stop quoting Washington Post pieces until they get people who can ably read them aloud.   While reading a Maureen Dowd column on Trump's egomania and narcissism, Yasmin Vossoughian pronounced "Trump's id" as "Trump's I.D."

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 2

Boy they are lovin' on Mayor Pete (which is fine with me) but Chasten you better look out as they are coming for your man . . . 😉

Wow, those poll numbers are stunning.  What happened to Beto?  And I'm beginning to think Biden waited a bit too long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, revbfc said:

Why’s Piers Morgan on my TV, and who keeps telling him he smart?

HEE!  I was just thinking gee who can lead us out of our political darkness?  Hey, I know!  PIERS MORGAN.  The Geraldo Rivera of the UK.  Good grief.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Tuned in just in time to hear Joe and Piers M discussing soccer; but it isn't called soccer?  Who cares what Piers Morgan thinks about anything?  When talking Brexit he talks out of both sides of his mouth.  And then the both of them start talking trash about the Dems and impeachment.  Who is Piers M to weigh in on this?  And Joe.  You are the sage of the Democratic Party.  Yes you are.  That last is how I talk to my cat in a sing-song baby voice..except with Joe I say it with sarcasm.  

Joe's ego is bigger than his head and  hair - and that is saying a lot.  The Joe/Piers discussion got my day off to a raging start. 

• Love 6