Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe got upset with Hans after Hans refuted Joe's talking point about Trump being doomed in various states. He said that Trump believes that he can still win Ohio or Florida in 2020.

Joe will be an expert at Florida politics now that he & Mika are residents of the state.

Joe's rants are very repetitive.

Mika was excited that Nielsen got fired by Trump. She is only staying for 2 days.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Good grief why don't they just rename the show to "KYV/Buy My Music Morning Mash Up Madhouse" and get it over with.

They should let Joe & his band play a 3 hour concert. Joe should demand a primetime show:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Kasie Hunt is very worried about Bernie sanders getting to the convention with 20% or more of the delegates.

Bret Stephens does not seem to realize that the GOP had a winner take all delegate allocation system in 2016. Trump could win all the state's delegates with 30-40% of the vote.

I think Democrats use a proportionate voter allocation model

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was happy that her defense of Joe Biden was supported with 10,000 likes on Instagram.

😂... are you serious? She actually talked about her IG likes on the show? And, as if 10,000 is a lot in the IG-likes world? No?!

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Bret Stephens said that Joe Biden likes Eskimo kisses.

Joe wants Democrat to back centrist candidates.

Of course he does, he’s a Republican. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

😂... are you serious? She actually talked about her IG likes on the show? And, as if 10,000 is a lot in the IG-likes world? No?!

Of course he does, he’s a Republican. 

Yes! Last year, Mika would have Facebook Live posts and brag about the number of viewers that she got. She is becoming addicted to social media like a teenager.

Joe doubled down on his theory that outside the media bubble, everyone wants a moderate Democrat candidate to compete against Trump.

Joe said that Jewish voters will not support Trump in 2020

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I believe she also muttered "as opposed to what I usually get" in terms of responses . . . hee.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe doubled down on his theory that outside the media bubble, everyone wants a moderate Democrat candidate to compete against Trump.

How would he know given that not only does he live in the bubble, he help build it every day?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, xaxat said:

How would he know given that not only does he live in the bubble, he help build it every day?

Joe knows all ! Joe is the man in the bubble.  He is a true bubble boy . Joe is a leader in " hot takes" on the Democratic & Republican' s candidates for every elected office  .

Why don't all candidates listen to his opinions. ?

• LOL 4
(edited)

That's one of the creepiest intros I've ever seen.  Chilling, actually.

Way to dilute the impact, though, by going to birthdays and basketball.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 2

What a birthday gift for Joe, a wide open shot to make fun of Stephen Miller (I can't believe that guy is only 33!) for the entire show (I remember when he used to rail about him all the time but then went kind of silent).  Joe looks a little low energy this morning, he must have been up all night writing . . . 😉

• Love 2

I found it highly ironic that after a segment on rich influential parents buying their kids' ways into college above more deserving, less affluent students, that Jomika went to commercial playing Joe's song, complete with full screen picture of (I assume) the album cover and pertinent "tour" info.   I can't help but wonder how many other more talented, more hard-working musicians are out there who don't have a such a huge free platform to get their music out there; who aren't mulit-millionaires with a national TV show on which to hawk their albums; musicians whose talent may never see the light of day because they don't have access to such an inside track.    I'm not saying that Joe and Meek-a are doing anything illegal.  I'm just saying that they look stunningly superficial with this shameless plugging when there are so many built-in advantages they enjoy (and don't seem to even realize).     That is all.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

That's one of the creepiest intros I've ever seen.  Chilling, actually.

Way to dilute the impact, though, by going to birthdays and basketball.

I didn't like waking up to Stephen Miller sci fi montage. Is he supposed to be Max Headrom( p?)

Mika was excited about UVA winning the NCAA. She has friends and family that went there.

8 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I found it highly ironic that after a segment on rich influential parents buying their kids' ways into college above more deserving, less affluent students, that Jomika went to commercial playing Joe's song, complete with full screen picture of (I assume) the album cover and pertinent "tour" info.   I can't help but wonder how many other more talented, more hard-working musicians are out there who don't have a such a huge free platform to get their music out there; who aren't mulit-millionaires with a national TV show on which to hawk their albums; musicians whose talent may never see the light of day because they don't have access to such an inside track.    I'm not saying that Joe and Meek-a are doing anything illegal.  I'm just saying that they look stunningly superficial with this shameless plugging when there are so many built-in advantages they enjoy (and don't seem to even realize).     That is all.

I agree. However, for all the promotional work the show did for Joe's music, he ended up taking it off Apple Music after people complained about his songs. 

12 minutes ago, oakville said:

I agree. However, for all the promotional work the show did for Joe's music, he ended up taking it off Apple Music after people complained about his songs. 

Really?  They're that bad??  Wow.  And 😆.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

And put it somewhere where people will never find it . . . 😀

• Love 1

Joe retold his story about his discussion with Trump over Stephen Miller.

Joe said that he warned Trump that Miller was not respecting the Constitution.

I wonder if Mika will give Joe a piece of cake through the screen ? In the glory days of the show , Mika would bring out a birthday cake for Joe's birthday.

36 minutes ago, oakville said:

Eugene Robinson is concerned about the Democrats having too many candidates to pick from.

Well now we can choose between Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang. 

18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is now linking her KYV tour with Marie Kondo's decluttering show on Netflix?

It ceases to amaze me at the chutzpah that Mika & Joe have at promoting their ventures .

How is cleaning out your closet relative to asking for a raise? 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

How is cleaning out your closet relative to asking for a raise? 

Mika was able to use the money she received with the raise and buy new clothes. She cleaned out her old clothes. In her first book, she complained about having to pay for clothes that she wore on Morning Joe. They were expensive & she was making 1/7 th of what Joe was making.

6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika was able to use the money she received with the raise and buy new clothes. She cleaned out her old clothes. In her first book, she complained about having to pay for clothes that she wore on Morning Joe. They were expensive & she was making 1/7 th of what Joe was making.

Well I have heard it all now.  

I will soon be writing a book "I got a Raise & Cleaned out my Closet:  Pay Me Money to Show You How" 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

If he were a novelist, his music would be a sucky book published by a vanity press.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Well I have heard it all now.  

I will soon be writing a book "I got a Raise & Cleaned out my Closet:  Pay Me Money to Show You How" 

Sign me up!  I have always had a fabulous closet that unfortunately now I have outgrown but would still love to gouge dollars out of whomever I can lay my previously impecibly gloved paws on.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, oakville said:

In her first book, she complained about having to pay for clothes that she wore on Morning Joe. They were expensive & she was making 1/7 th of what Joe was making.

Then she realized all she needed was a single black or navy top and the rest was her-story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, oakville said:

You left out the part where, before she got a raise, Joe gave her money to shop with. Which most co-workers who also are supervisors do, right? I'm sure that he fronts certain costs for Willie when MSNBC is slow to see the light.

Joe doing that for her was fair, justified, and explained by the "1/7" ratio. Because most people, when asking for a raise, base it on how how much their supervisor makes and most companies go along with that logic. How else can employees Know Their Value?

Joe and Mika are ahead of the curve and break ground on so many fronts that it's hard to keep track somemes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Mika referred to the college admissions scandal as “horrific”. Twice. 

Hey Mika! How are you? You know what is “horrific “.? 9/11 was horrific. Plane crashes are horrific. Family separations are horrific.  A bunch of rich people paying money to get their kids into a specific college is far from horrific. It has been going on forever, in one way or another. Because you didn’t do it it’s “horrific “?  Barnacle said it was outrageous. Better word! Seriously, Meeks, everything doesn’t have to be drama level 10. Calm down, baby it’ll be ok. Take a Xanax and have a great day!

Best Regards, frequent viewer

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I was confused by Willie's statement  today. He said that the photos of people in cages were from the Obama years but that there was no official policy of putting asylum seekers in cages. How did that happen? Rogue INS workers?

Joe is off today rehearsing with his band.

How can Walter Isaacson be so intentionally naive as to believe that Bill Barr is sincere?

"Can't we just wait and see what he releases?! Maybe he's sincere!"

Come on! This has got to be intentional because this viewpoint is definitely not based on facts. Makes me wonder about his books, now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

Mika referred to the college admissions scandal as “horrific”. Twice. 

Hey Mika! How are you? You know what is “horrific “.? 9/11 was horrific. Plane crashes are horrific. Family separations are horrific.  A bunch of rich people paying money to get their kids into a specific college is far from horrific. It has been going on forever, in one way or another. Because you didn’t do it it’s “horrific “?  Barnacle said it was outrageous. Better word! Seriously, Meeks, everything doesn’t have to be drama level 10. Calm down, baby it’ll be ok. Take a Xanax and have a great day!

Best Regards, frequent viewer

Her father wrote her application essays. Lol. Someone needs to play that tape back to her. She’s said it multiple times. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Jon Meacham annoyed me this morning.  Mika asked him about the college admissions scam. Apparently he had no response and instead of answering made bad jokes. That closed the segment.  He could have gotten by with one joke but he wasted several minutes.

I do like the book segments, but I don't want to hear anything from Carly Fiorina.  You can still read articles online about her poor tenures at both Lucent and HP. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Considering how bad her SATs were, somebody pulled some kind of strings to get her into William & Mary. 

I am surprised that Mika is getting so worked up over this issue given that it is likely that her dad helped her getting into college.

32 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am surprised that Mika is getting so worked up over this issue given that it is likely that her dad helped her getting into college.

Like someone is going to steal her tricks. Hey your parents can't use money & influence to get you into college, that's MY jam!!!

• Love 2