Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sugarbaker design

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Recommended Posts

Mika had trouble figuring out biden's age. Biden will have trouble fundraising.

Mika recommended that Biden choose Mayor Pete as a running mate

Mika claimed that Mayor Pete became popular after appearing on Morning Joe.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ari Melber up early and in da house! It seems like all the THs are on pins and needles more than usual this week ... everyone knows Mueller drops on Fridays but the anticipation level this week is off the chart. No matter which Friday it is, it'll happen after Joey and the Mrs crawl back in bed. 😉 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lupita Nyong'o is intelligent, talented and drop dead gorgeous. Looking forward to Willie's interview with her on Sunday morning. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe said Trump could win the Electoral College in 2020 & lose the popular vote again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Loved Meacham pointing out separation of church and state to Joe.  Too bad he wasn't around earlier this week. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Best moment of the show. The National Cathedral responds!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, stormy said:

The National Cathedral responds!

I'm kind of wondering why the press didn't already know this.  That Church is not a function of the government, it is an Episcopal Church,  the Cathedral Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in the City & Diocese of Washington. 

Why would the President of the United States have to give permission to hold a service in an Episcopalian Church.  It wasn't a state funeral, McCain lay in state at the US Capitol, which  again, does not need approval by the President.  Only State Funerals which are normally reserved for Presidents, involves the government. 

Surprised Rev Joe didn't know this.  Unless he's too busy worrying about getting raptured. 

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm kind of wondering why the press didn't already know this.  That Church is not a function of the government, it is an Episcopal Church,  the Cathedral Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in the City & Diocese of Washington. 

Why would the President of the United States have to give permission to hold a service in an Episcopalian Church.  It wasn't a state funeral, McCain lay in state at the US Capitol, which  again, does not need approval by the President.  Only State Funerals which are normally reserved for Presidents, involves the government. 

Surprised Rev Joe didn't know this.  Unless he's too busy worrying about getting raptured. 

The last sentence made my day! Thanks...got a really good laugh.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yikes, Joe was broadcasting from the bunker last night and now he and the Mrs. are live from the Washington studio?  He must be exhausted.  Actually his coverage has been rather good these past 12 hours and I am so glad they played that clip of Mayor Pete saying focus on what got the president elected in the first place and what can be done to get folks excited to vote in 2020.  Even the interview with Sekulow was good and it's good to see the show sitting at the big kids table for a change.  Really makes a huge, positive difference in the show.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I like the Washington studio with the window. Joe is excited today. Joe said it is good news for America that Trump did not collude with the Russians.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Meeks does not look pleased with Nicolle Wallace.  Yikes that was some look she just threw her and now she is beaming at Pete Williams (one of my fave raves) and leaning as far away from her as possible.  I guess she doesn't appreciate her value.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If Mueller was in a flux about the President's collusion with Russia, why didn't he have a face-to-face with Trump?  To me, his job was to come to a nonpartisan decision about the administration's involvement with Russia.  He's only deepened the divide of the partisans. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Joe talked to Mark Halperin. He said that Halperin knew that Mueller would lay out the facts of the case.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Joe bragged that he was invited to speak to the Democartic whip group.

Joe said Democrats will be sad with the Mueller report

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe talked to Mark Halperin. He said that Halperin knew that Mueller would lay out the facts of the case.

They are determined to rehabilitate Halperin. It’s kind of disgusting. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Cackles Wallace is back on set. She said Democrats have to walk & chew gum at the same time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Cackles said Trump will get re elected & then laughed because nothing matters. She then cackled!!!. I miss that laugh on Morning Joe. Norah O Donnell used to laugh a lot on Morning Joe as well.

Joe said Trump cannot win re election with 40% of the vote.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Very surprised to see Chris Matthews & Nicole Wallace on Morning Joe. Impeachment is unlikely according to Matthews. Joe wants to know why everybody lied about contacts with the Russians.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Cackles said Trump will get re elected & then laughed because nothing matters. She then cackled!!!. I miss that laugh on Morning Joe. Norah O Donnell used to laugh a lot on Morning Joe as well.

Joe said Trump cannot win re election with 40% of the vote.

This is when Meeks threw that filthy look at her.  Nicolle just kept on going, hee.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Joe was on yesterday afternoon with Katy Tur and I literally tweeted at her "get him off the air, he has no idea what he's talking about". He would not shut up and kept saying, Dems need to get over this and move on, it's a great day for Trump". 

I bring this up because this morning he is saying the exact opposite, because people like Ari Melber et al explained law to him.  Not exonerated means just that, idiot. 

Barr started shutting down the investigation the minute he was confirmed. Notice how as soon as that happened, things started winding down? 

You can't find evidence of a conspiracy if no one will admit to it. Conspiracy isn't a murder or a robbery, there is no physical evidence.

Barr wouldn't let Mueller subpoena Trump.  This is like a mob crime. If the lower rung people don't rat the boss out, you got nothing. 

30 minutes ago, oakville said:

She said Democrats have to walk & chew gum at the same time.

Chuck Todd said the same thing to a  Dem Congressman, TO HIS FACE. WTF is up with these people.   

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Even the interview with Sekulow

Sekulow has been lying his ass off since the day Trump brought him on. Are they pointing that out? 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tom Brokaw is back from exile. Brokaw said Trump had a big victory yesterday.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Chris Matthews made a Jackie Mason joke.

The show had many guests on today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Joe said Trump cannot win re election with 40% of the vote.

And yet a bear DOES shit in the woods, as evidenced by my Sunday afternoon hike. This Am in the gym I listened to dieting podcasts, not MJ.  Dieting podcasts--yes, I'm just that disappointed.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the first 45 minutes of the show today.

I was waiting for someone to say that what was released was not the Mueller report. It was Barr's version of what he wanted it to say.

Also, when Rod Rosenstein said he would stay on to take the heat, that signalled that, IMO, Barr had the report. I don't see any way he could have gotten the report and released his version so quickly.

But it seemed in the short period of the show I watched everyone just danced around the whole damn thing

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, stormy said:

I watched the first 45 minutes of the show today.

I was waiting for someone to say that what was released was not the Mueller report. It was Barr's version of what he wanted it to say.

Also, when Rod Rosenstein said he would stay on to take the heat, that signalled that, IMO, Barr had the report. I don't see any way he could have gotten the report and released his version so quickly.

But it seemed in the short period of the show I watched everyone just danced around the whole damn thing

It makes me wonder if media, which Joe & Mika are not even remotely a legitimate part of,  is saying Mueller report over and over to keep viewers tuned in, and they aren't explaining that what we found out yesterday is the version of events Barr promised in return for getting the AG nomination.  He wrote a long memo in July 2018 about how the investigation was illegal.  This is quid pro quo at the worst.  Fire Sessions, nominate me, I'll end this. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey! New polls this morning.

Mayor Pete moving up. Mika probably thinks he has MJ to thank 😆

Edited by stormy
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, stormy said:

Hey! New polls this morning.

Mayor Pete moving up. Mika probably thinks he has MJ to thank 😆

3rd place in Iowa caucus poll behind Biden & Sanders. That is huge, folks. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

3rd place in Iowa caucus poll behind Biden & Sanders. That is huge, folks. 

Could we possibly be living in an enlightened society?

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

On the flip side, Mika's other boyfriend, Michael Avenatti, has been arrested and charged with extortion.  Against Nike. 

WT holy F

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

On the flip side, Mika's other boyfriend, Michael Avenatti, has been arrested and charged with extortion.  Against Nike. 

WT holy F

Oh, AvenHotti, WHY.....

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

Could we possibly be living in an enlightened society?

I read a story about Pete this weekend that will crush.  I was literally speechless.  I can share it in small talk I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

On the flip side, Mika's other boyfriend, Michael Avenatti, has been arrested and charged with extortion.  Against Nike. 

I just heard this on the radio.  MJ will have a good time with this tomorrow. The timing seems so unbelievably coincidential?  Trump Avenges??

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Are they pointing that out? 

I wouldn't say they were throwing at his head but they did challenge him on some of his talking points.  It wasn't the pass I was expecting when I heard he was going to be on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

And yet a bear DOES shit in the woods, as evidenced by my Sunday afternoon hike. This Am in the gym I listened to dieting podcasts, not MJ.  Dieting podcasts--yes, I'm just that disappointed.

I know, I'm stuck with Dr. Phil reruns . . . ugh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I just heard this on the radio.  MJ will have a good time with this tomorrow. The timing seems so unbelievably coincidential?  Trump Avenges??

Whineandcheez, I will reply to this in Small Talk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

For those of you that missed the opening of the show, Joe the Superhero Journalist strapped on his cape in defense of journalism because you know he's a journalist:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-blasts-trump-defenders-over-mueller-fallout-dont-knock-reporters-just-because-youve-sold-your-soul/

In all honesty, I enjoyed and applaud every second of it.  It's just so strange that you never know which Joe is going to show up.  Defender of the people or well he's not that bad.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

For those of you that missed the opening of the show, Joe the Superhero Journalist strapped on his cape in defense of journalism because you know he's a journalist:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-blasts-trump-defenders-over-mueller-fallout-dont-knock-reporters-just-because-youve-sold-your-soul/

In all honesty, I enjoyed and applaud every second of it.  It's just so strange that you never know which Joe is going to show up.  Defender of the people or well he's not that bad.

I just started watching. This rant has gone on for at least 5 minutes. He's too loud.

Joe is mad at journalists for the Seth Rich conspiracy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Joe is now accusing Trump of meeting with Robert Kraft & Jeffrey Epstein to brag about tax cuts for the wealthy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, oakville said:

I just started watching. This rant has gone on for at least 5 minutes. He's too loud.

Joe is mad at journalists for the Seth Rich conspiracy.

I think his overall point is that journalism is going to come under excruciating attack from well organized and well funded sources and journalists need to keep writing and fighting the good fight.  The best part is they are barring certain people from ever being on MJ again (I guess someone who works for the NYT said something oogie on FN last night that may have started this ball rolling?).

Now he's after Lindsey Graham and Meeks is sitting next to him doing her Silk (of Diamond and Silk fame) impression.  He must be mainlining Red Bull this morning, his head is going to explode.  Slow down there hoss, you're going to pop a blood vessel.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, this is where the show frustrates me.  They have mentioned health care about half a dozen times and I have not heard a mention of the DOJ deciding overnight to try and pull ALL of the ACA out (siding with that judge in TX).  Including pre-existing conditions.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

I just started watching. This rant has gone on for at least 5 minutes. He's too loud.

Joe is mad at journalists for the Seth Rich conspiracy.

The first 20 minutes we're a bit crazy but very disheartening.

M&J sorta laughed off trump's threats towards the media. Rightly laughed at SHS calls of treason. Called out Lindsay Graham who is now going to get to the root of the evil inquiry and FFS is there no one in Kentucky to run against McConnell?

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I think his overall point is that journalism is going to come under excruciating attack from well organized and well funded sources and journalists need to keep writing and fighting the good fight.  The best part is they are barring certain people from ever being on MJ again (I guess someone who works for the NYT said something oogie on FN last night that may have started this ball rolling?).

Now he's after Lindsey Graham and Meeks is sitting next to him doing her Silk (of Diamond and Silk fame) impression.  He must be mainlining Red Bull this morning, his head is going to explode.  Slow down there hoss, you're going to pop a blood vessel.

OK Thanks.

Morning Joe does ban guests on a regular basis that don't agree with Joe.

Joe got mad yesterday at Chris Matthews for not agreeing with his talking points about Trump's cronies lying to the FBI.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

IThe best part is they are barring certain people from ever being on MJ again (I guess someone who works for the NYT said something oogie on FN last night that may have started this ball rolling?).

Who are they barring? I always admired them for being the first to nominate Kellyanne and holding to that. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, Mika and Joe together on set, Joe blasting WH hypocrisy, David Ignatius shaking his head at how low the government has sunk — loved the opening.  This is a show I could watch. And featuring two calls of “treason” from Trump and the dead behind the eyes soulless Sarah H Sanders. Thanks for shouting into the wind, Joe. 

Edited by freddi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe is now accusing Trump of meeting with Robert Kraft & Jeffrey Epstein to brag about tax cuts for the wealthy.

I THINK Joe was talking about when Trump went to Mara Laga after the tax cuts.  Trump let all his rich friends know that he had made them a lot of money that day. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×