Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, stormy said:

The National Cathedral responds!

I'm kind of wondering why the press didn't already know this.  That Church is not a function of the government, it is an Episcopal Church,  the Cathedral Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in the City & Diocese of Washington. 

Why would the President of the United States have to give permission to hold a service in an Episcopalian Church.  It wasn't a state funeral, McCain lay in state at the US Capitol, which  again, does not need approval by the President.  Only State Funerals which are normally reserved for Presidents, involves the government. 

Surprised Rev Joe didn't know this.  Unless he's too busy worrying about getting raptured. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm kind of wondering why the press didn't already know this.  That Church is not a function of the government, it is an Episcopal Church,  the Cathedral Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul in the City & Diocese of Washington. 

Why would the President of the United States have to give permission to hold a service in an Episcopalian Church.  It wasn't a state funeral, McCain lay in state at the US Capitol, which  again, does not need approval by the President.  Only State Funerals which are normally reserved for Presidents, involves the government. 

Surprised Rev Joe didn't know this.  Unless he's too busy worrying about getting raptured. 

The last sentence made my day! Thanks...got a really good laugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Yikes, Joe was broadcasting from the bunker last night and now he and the Mrs. are live from the Washington studio?  He must be exhausted.  Actually his coverage has been rather good these past 12 hours and I am so glad they played that clip of Mayor Pete saying focus on what got the president elected in the first place and what can be done to get folks excited to vote in 2020.  Even the interview with Sekulow was good and it's good to see the show sitting at the big kids table for a change.  Really makes a huge, positive difference in the show.

• Love 6

Meeks does not look pleased with Nicolle Wallace.  Yikes that was some look she just threw her and now she is beaming at Pete Williams (one of my fave raves) and leaning as far away from her as possible.  I guess she doesn't appreciate her value.

• Love 3

If Mueller was in a flux about the President's collusion with Russia, why didn't he have a face-to-face with Trump?  To me, his job was to come to a nonpartisan decision about the administration's involvement with Russia.  He's only deepened the divide of the partisans. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe talked to Mark Halperin. He said that Halperin knew that Mueller would lay out the facts of the case.

They are determined to rehabilitate Halperin. It’s kind of disgusting. 

• Love 5

Cackles said Trump will get re elected & then laughed because nothing matters. She then cackled!!!. I miss that laugh on Morning Joe. Norah O Donnell used to laugh a lot on Morning Joe as well.

Joe said Trump cannot win re election with 40% of the vote.

• Love 2

Very surprised to see Chris Matthews & Nicole Wallace on Morning Joe. Impeachment is unlikely according to Matthews. Joe wants to know why everybody lied about contacts with the Russians.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

Cackles said Trump will get re elected & then laughed because nothing matters. She then cackled!!!. I miss that laugh on Morning Joe. Norah O Donnell used to laugh a lot on Morning Joe as well.

This is when Meeks threw that filthy look at her.  Nicolle just kept on going, hee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joe was on yesterday afternoon with Katy Tur and I literally tweeted at her "get him off the air, he has no idea what he's talking about". He would not shut up and kept saying, Dems need to get over this and move on, it's a great day for Trump". 

I bring this up because this morning he is saying the exact opposite, because people like Ari Melber et al explained law to him.  Not exonerated means just that, idiot. 

Barr started shutting down the investigation the minute he was confirmed. Notice how as soon as that happened, things started winding down? 

You can't find evidence of a conspiracy if no one will admit to it. Conspiracy isn't a murder or a robbery, there is no physical evidence.

Barr wouldn't let Mueller subpoena Trump.  This is like a mob crime. If the lower rung people don't rat the boss out, you got nothing. 

30 minutes ago, oakville said:

She said Democrats have to walk & chew gum at the same time.

Chuck Todd said the same thing to a  Dem Congressman, TO HIS FACE. WTF is up with these people.   

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Even the interview with Sekulow

Sekulow has been lying his ass off since the day Trump brought him on. Are they pointing that out? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

And yet a bear DOES shit in the woods, as evidenced by my Sunday afternoon hike. This Am in the gym I listened to dieting podcasts, not MJ.  Dieting podcasts--yes, I'm just that disappointed.

• Love 8

I watched the first 45 minutes of the show today.

I was waiting for someone to say that what was released was not the Mueller report. It was Barr's version of what he wanted it to say.

Also, when Rod Rosenstein said he would stay on to take the heat, that signalled that, IMO, Barr had the report. I don't see any way he could have gotten the report and released his version so quickly.

But it seemed in the short period of the show I watched everyone just danced around the whole damn thing

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, stormy said:

I watched the first 45 minutes of the show today.

I was waiting for someone to say that what was released was not the Mueller report. It was Barr's version of what he wanted it to say.

Also, when Rod Rosenstein said he would stay on to take the heat, that signalled that, IMO, Barr had the report. I don't see any way he could have gotten the report and released his version so quickly.

But it seemed in the short period of the show I watched everyone just danced around the whole damn thing

It makes me wonder if media, which Joe & Mika are not even remotely a legitimate part of,  is saying Mueller report over and over to keep viewers tuned in, and they aren't explaining that what we found out yesterday is the version of events Barr promised in return for getting the AG nomination.  He wrote a long memo in July 2018 about how the investigation was illegal.  This is quid pro quo at the worst.  Fire Sessions, nominate me, I'll end this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, stormy said:

Hey! New polls this morning.

Mayor Pete moving up. Mika probably thinks he has MJ to thank 😆

3rd place in Iowa caucus poll behind Biden & Sanders. That is huge, folks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

On the flip side, Mika's other boyfriend, Michael Avenatti, has been arrested and charged with extortion.  Against Nike. 

WT holy F

Oh, AvenHotti, WHY.....

• Love 3
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

Could we possibly be living in an enlightened society?

I read a story about Pete this weekend that will crush.  I was literally speechless.  I can share it in small talk I think. 

On the flip side, Mika's other boyfriend, Michael Avenatti, has been arrested and charged with extortion.  Against Nike. 

I just heard this on the radio.  MJ will have a good time with this tomorrow. The timing seems so unbelievably coincidential?  Trump Avenges??

• Love 3
21 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Are they pointing that out? 

I wouldn't say they were throwing at his head but they did challenge him on some of his talking points.  It wasn't the pass I was expecting when I heard he was going to be on.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

And yet a bear DOES shit in the woods, as evidenced by my Sunday afternoon hike. This Am in the gym I listened to dieting podcasts, not MJ.  Dieting podcasts--yes, I'm just that disappointed.

I know, I'm stuck with Dr. Phil reruns . . . ugh.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I just heard this on the radio.  MJ will have a good time with this tomorrow. The timing seems so unbelievably coincidential?  Trump Avenges??

Whineandcheez, I will reply to this in Small Talk.

• Love 1

For those of you that missed the opening of the show, Joe the Superhero Journalist strapped on his cape in defense of journalism because you know he's a journalist:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-blasts-trump-defenders-over-mueller-fallout-dont-knock-reporters-just-because-youve-sold-your-soul/

In all honesty, I enjoyed and applaud every second of it.  It's just so strange that you never know which Joe is going to show up.  Defender of the people or well he's not that bad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

For those of you that missed the opening of the show, Joe the Superhero Journalist strapped on his cape in defense of journalism because you know he's a journalist:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-blasts-trump-defenders-over-mueller-fallout-dont-knock-reporters-just-because-youve-sold-your-soul/

In all honesty, I enjoyed and applaud every second of it.  It's just so strange that you never know which Joe is going to show up.  Defender of the people or well he's not that bad.

I just started watching. This rant has gone on for at least 5 minutes. He's too loud.

Joe is mad at journalists for the Seth Rich conspiracy.

• Love 4
Just now, oakville said:

I just started watching. This rant has gone on for at least 5 minutes. He's too loud.

I think his overall point is that journalism is going to come under excruciating attack from well organized and well funded sources and journalists need to keep writing and fighting the good fight.  The best part is they are barring certain people from ever being on MJ again (I guess someone who works for the NYT said something oogie on FN last night that may have started this ball rolling?).

Now he's after Lindsey Graham and Meeks is sitting next to him doing her Silk (of Diamond and Silk fame) impression.  He must be mainlining Red Bull this morning, his head is going to explode.  Slow down there hoss, you're going to pop a blood vessel.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Ok, this is where the show frustrates me.  They have mentioned health care about half a dozen times and I have not heard a mention of the DOJ deciding overnight to try and pull ALL of the ACA out (siding with that judge in TX).  Including pre-existing conditions.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

The first 20 minutes we're a bit crazy but very disheartening.

M&J sorta laughed off trump's threats towards the media. Rightly laughed at SHS calls of treason. Called out Lindsay Graham who is now going to get to the root of the evil inquiry and FFS is there no one in Kentucky to run against McConnell?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I think his overall point is that journalism is going to come under excruciating attack from well organized and well funded sources and journalists need to keep writing and fighting the good fight.  The best part is they are barring certain people from ever being on MJ again (I guess someone who works for the NYT said something oogie on FN last night that may have started this ball rolling?).

Now he's after Lindsey Graham and Meeks is sitting next to him doing her Silk (of Diamond and Silk fame) impression.  He must be mainlining Red Bull this morning, his head is going to explode.  Slow down there hoss, you're going to pop a blood vessel.

OK Thanks.

Morning Joe does ban guests on a regular basis that don't agree with Joe.

Joe got mad yesterday at Chris Matthews for not agreeing with his talking points about Trump's cronies lying to the FBI.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

IThe best part is they are barring certain people from ever being on MJ again (I guess someone who works for the NYT said something oogie on FN last night that may have started this ball rolling?).

Who are they barring? I always admired them for being the first to nominate Kellyanne and holding to that. 

• Love 3

Wow, Mika and Joe together on set, Joe blasting WH hypocrisy, David Ignatius shaking his head at how low the government has sunk — loved the opening.  This is a show I could watch. And featuring two calls of “treason” from Trump and the dead behind the eyes soulless Sarah H Sanders. Thanks for shouting into the wind, Joe. 

Edited by freddi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe is now accusing Trump of meeting with Robert Kraft & Jeffrey Epstein to brag about tax cuts for the wealthy.

I THINK Joe was talking about when Trump went to Mara Laga after the tax cuts.  Trump let all his rich friends know that he had made them a lot of money that day. 

• Love 3
Just now, crossover said:

I THINK Joe was talking about when Trump went to Mara Laga after the tax cuts.  Trump let all his rich friends know that he had made them a lot of money that day. 

Yes, but did he really meet with Epstein? I thought he was in jail.

2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Yes, but did he really meet with Epstein? I thought he was in jail.

He was just going for "cute" with that.  Those two (Kraft & Epstein) have had really visible negative things.  He just wanted to link Trump with them because evidently he's going rough on Trump today.  Later on this week, he'll be all over the "Dems".  Didn't they try to bring Trump into the "Madam" mess with Kraft? 

• Love 2

I don't care what Joe is ranting about, he needs to ctfd.  No one wants to listen to that screeching for 20 minutes.  

Esp when 48 hours ago he was telling Democrats to let it all go, that Trump was exonerated, and everyone should move on. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I don't care what Joe is ranting about, he needs to ctfd.  No one wants to listen to that screeching for 20 minutes.  

Esp when 48 hours ago he was telling Democrats to let it all go, that Trump was exonerated, and everyone should move on. 

As I get older, Joe's rants are getting harder to listen to. It's just rude to rant when there were other people at the table.

Mika was excited about Joe's latest Washington Post column.

• Love 3