Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Show, please, I beg you...HIRE A PROFESSIONAL NEWS READER so we never again have to be subjected to the flailing, stuttering, stumbling stylings of Scoop Brzezinski. I honestly cannot even listen to her anymore. Either I’m annoyed at all her verbal fumbling or pre-annoyed because I know what’s coming.

Did the show ever acknowledge that Joe was one of the targets? I could hear him yelling and ranting all the way on my second floor, but didn’t get all the content.

Kudos to Sam Stein for pointing out the difference between election fraud and voter fraud. It’s a important distinction. Although I cannot for the life of me understand why the candidate and party that cheated should get s do-over. Seems to me they should forfeit.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Did the show ever acknowledge that Joe was one of the targets? I could hear him yelling and ranting all the way on my second floor, but didn’t get all the content.

I thought the list mentioned a "Joey", no one calls him that in his professional life.  He doesn't go by Joey Scarborough. Did they show Joe's old house in CT as the  location this guy was searching? 

I thought it referred to Joey Jackson, who appears on CNN discussing the legal matters re Trump, Cohen etc. 

Tired of Joe complaining about how bad white males have it in this country. Turned on the TV for ten seconds and he's ranting about the poor fictional MAGA victims of Smollett's false report. Had to turn it off even though my guy Eugene Robinson was going to be in the segment.

15 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I thought the list mentioned a "Joey", no one calls him that in his professional life.  He doesn't go by Joey Scarborough. Did they show Joe's old house in CT as the  location this guy was searching? 

His MSNBC colleagues Ken Dilanian and Pete Williams wrote that prosecutors believe that it was Joe based on all the information they have gathered including search history. It looks like he was targeting a lot of high profile hosts at MSNBC and CNN.

• Love 1

I have missed the show the last couple of days...but.  Is it horrible for me to say that being on that lunatic terrorist's list (home-grown, by the way) is a kind of affirmation to Joe that he is a very important media figure?  However, I am sure he never wanted this kind of media attention.  And I know he and Meeka would rather not be in the news this way.

I do feel terribly for them (and anyone on that list) to know that some lunatic is out there stalking and making threats/plans.  Th

Edited by Kemper
added last sentence. Cannot delete the block with the paper clip. Hit something the wrong way with my finger; never intended to insert other media.
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Kemper said:

have missed the show the last couple of days...but.  Is it horrible for me to say that being on that lunatic terrorist's list (home-grown, by the way) is kind affirmation to Joe that he is a very important media figure?   

Anytime they yell about Trump not responding appropriately, remember these are the two people who let him run his mouth on their show for eighteen months.  They would chastise him and then have him back on the next day. 

Example of the right behavior re a racist, or anything similar:  Pat Buchanan wrote a book several years ago with very racist tones, Rachel Maddow told him flat out, apologize for your comments, or you're not welcome on my show anymore, I won't let you publicize hate like that. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3

So sorry for the previous post.  I had tried to edit to so that it would not sound so catty and mean-spirited.  My fingers got mixed up.  That was not the post I wanted; but it is the post that I got.  😐

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I thought it referred to Joey Jackson, who appears on CNN discussing the legal matters re Trump, Cohen etc. 

One of the articles about this guy mentioned that his search history showed that he started looking up information about Joe within minutes of Joe saying that Trump was "the worst president in history". His searches resulted in him finding a former house of Joe's (I'm sure the CT house), and zooming in on it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

thought the list mentioned a "Joey", no one calls him that in his professional life.  He doesn't go by Joey Scarborough.

The actual charging document says they presume the name on the spreadsheet means Joe, and also that the guy did specific internet searches for Joe.

In addition, on December 27, 2018, the defendant performed an internet search for “joe Scarborough” (“Scarborough”), after viewing a headline claiming that Scarborough referred to the President as “the worst ever.” ... The defendant spent the next approximately five minutes reviewing Scarborough’s Wikipedia page and personal website before performing a Google search for “where is morning joe filmed.” After further searches, the defendant found Scarborough’s prior home, and then proceeded to scroll in and out on the location for approximately 35 seconds...

Those individuals included “JOEY” (who most likely is Joe Scarborough of MSNBC, based on the searches described above)

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 1

This story about this guy trying to find where his intended victims live or may be at makes me wonder (for about the millionth time) why celebs or journalists post personal information about their daily routine on social media.  With all these crazies out there, it's like waving a red flag and shouting "Here I am! Come and get me!"  I wonder how much CNN, MSNBC, and other media outlets have had to pay for security for their personnel in the past few years.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, meowmommy said:

It's the Where's Waldo of cable news.

Some snarky blog person should start this.  Every day.  Where are Joe and Meeka?  Some days they will each be in a different place; some days they will be sitting side-by-side but appear on tv to be in different locations.  Some days they will be in Florida; some days they will be in New York.  Alone, separate...the possibilities are endless.  And hopefully endlessly embarrassing.  Maybe one of the on set techs could do the blog under an alias.  Or Willie could do it!  He could have an online name...Appalled Acolyte?

• Love 2

It sounded like someone was eating off-camera between 7:00 and 7:30. After Meeka went on the rant about whoever left her women's activist group after it was revealed that her son was some kind of sexual predator. I was only half-listening and not watching because I was trying to nap while deciding whether I really wanted to go to work today. Work won BTW.

Monday recap. Mika & Joe are in Florida. Mika mocked Trump for going to Vietnam 50 years after the war.

Mika & Joe did not watch the Oscars but tried to have a discussion.

Eddie said Green Room was a controversial pick. Kasie liked Roma.

Susan Page joked that you can have an Oscar  show without hosts, so you can have Morning Joe without hosts as well.

Mika & Joe laughed nervously.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Susan Page joked that you can have an Oscar  show without hosts, so you can have Morning Joe without hosts as well.

With the bunkers they’re already more than halfway there. 

• Love 6

I tuned in early...nothing happening.  Tuned in again...stale discussion.  Tuned in again...Terry McAuliffe...with the usual stale discussion.  Flipped back on and saw a bit of the Rahm Emmanuel interview.  Whether you like him or can't stand him (I'm in the middle on that) - he didn't let Joe overtalk him. So, points to him. Then Meeka asked a kind of "gotcha" question (sorry, don't remember what it was) and he just brushed her off.  Mr. Kemper said Meeka had on her "serious" face.  !!  lol  Then, while Emmanual was still talking, Meeka threw the camera to Kasey.  And I sat up when I saw her body language.  She had apparently been waiting to ask her question for awhile...she had her arms crossed kind of over her chest; she looked aggravated.  The body language was kind of shocking.  I am way over Kasey.

Why is watching this show kind of like watching one of those Hallmark movies?  You know the plot going in, you know how it ends, you know most of the dialogue everyone is going to speak.  It seems that the Gold Dust Twins and a few of their regulars are on autopilot these days.  

Has Trump done this to us?  Numbed us?  Have we given up on seeing any kind of fruitful, insightful discussion?  Are we unable to just enjoy snarking on these two and this show anymore?  This show needs a transfusion.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe laughed nervously.

I wish I had this on tape so I could play it over and over again.  Meek's reaction was priceless.  Susan Page for the win!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, The Solution said:

It sounded like someone was eating off-camera between 7:00 and 7:30. After Meeka went on the rant about whoever left her women's activist group after it was revealed that her son was some kind of sexual predator. I was only half-listening and not watching because I was trying to nap while deciding whether I really wanted to go to work today. Work won BTW.

Mika was very upset at Lisa Borders resigning from Time's Up . Lisa spoke at KYV.

Mika said she should not have to resign based on the accusations against her son.

Mika wants due process.

4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika was very upset at Lisa Borders resigning from Time's Up . Lisa spoke at KYV.

Mika said she should not have to resign based on the accusations against her son.

Mika wants due process.

Man, what is Joe hiding from his past...

FWIW I’ve heard Borders stepped down willingly and wasn’t, as Mika implies, forced out without due process due to accusations against a man in her life. 🤷‍♀️ 

59 minutes ago, oakville said:

not watching because I was trying to nap while deciding whether I really wanted to go to work today. Work won BTW.

Same here. Damn Oscars. BCoop & Gaga had me so worked up I couldn't sleep. :)  I noticed Kasie must have stayed up to watch. I figured Mika would dis it or shut down any convo. 

I only saw the first 5 minutes and decided it wasn't worth starting the week with the same ol' same ol'

49 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Man, what is Joe hiding from his past...

What happened? 

3 hours ago, xaxat said:

That was extraordinarily selfish of Mika to question what must have been a very difficult  personal decision by Lisa Borders and turn it into a discussion of her Due Process Movement.

Yes, and it was extraordinarily UNselfish for Borders to resign. She didn’t want to be a distraction and she put the movement first.

Mika could learn something from that, instead of looking at the world from her shallow little “KYV” prism.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 2

is it just me or is this show skewing more and more toward the AARP crowd?   Claire McCaskill, Jane Harman, Tom Brokaw, Peggy Noonan, Mike Barnicle ... they should have Lawrence Welk music leading in and out of the breaks.   The "when I used to be in Congress" angle -- not just from Scarborough, but other regulars now -- is getting tiresome.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika urged viewers to attend Joe's concert tomorrow in NY.

Why is it okay that Joe will come to NY for his vanity project but not for his job - which funds his vanity project? And why don’t his bosses care?  It will be interesting to see if he shows up for work the morning after his appearance. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Why is it okay that Joe will come to NY for his vanity project but not for his job - which funds his vanity project? And why don’t his bosses care?  It will be interesting to see if he shows up for work the morning after his appearance. 

Joe may have asked management if he could stay in Florida longer so he can qualify for tax free residency purposes. They must have agreed to it as long as ratings were ok.

Joe & Jennifer Rubin support moderate Democrats. They helped flip GOP seats in Congress.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, oakville said:

David Ignatius supports Trump trying to prevent NK from increasing their nuclear weapons.

Yeah except he's not. 

Claire McCaskill is the female version of Joe. I'm the only one who knows what voters really want. Really, Claire? Then why are you sitting in a chair at 30 Rock instead of the Senate chamber? 

• Love 8

I thought I was the only one who cannot stand Claire McK.  Turned MJ on this morning, saw her, and flipped it off; turned on CNN.  So glad I did!  The network sent a reporter (female!) and crew to Afghanistan to interview mostly women who are living under Taliban rule; it was riveting. Great to see something other than a panel discussion from the usual suspects.  My point...

I think of Han Solo in the first Star Wars movie - when he met Obi Wan.  "Where did you get this old fossil" or some such.  I say this as an old fossil myself.  That is who we see day after day; or so it seems. You don't have to banish the usual people (well, maybe Peggy Noonan) - just add some fresh, younger voices as semi-regulars.  Trouble is, most of them won't remember when Joe was in....well, you know.  I won't go into Meeka and her issues.

• Love 2

Big Surprise!!  Joe criticizing AOC.  I'm sure she's working on getting an office open, does Joe realize there are several ways for her constituents to get in touch with her other than taking time from their day to go to her district office?   It's not 20 years ago, Grandpa. Get over yourself.  Try using the computer machine and that thing the kids call a telephone.  AOC has a direct phone line to her DC office.  

https://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-scarborough-zings-ocasio-cortez-for-not-yet-opening-ny-office-didnt-even-know-that-was-possible/

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, oakville said:

David Ignatius supports Trump trying to prevent NK from increasing their nuclear weapons.

I can't tolerate Ignatius. But I did like the story of his dad this morning. It was sweet.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Big Surprise!!  Joe criticizing AOC.  I'm sure she's working on getting an office open, does Joe realize there are several ways for her constituents to get in touch with her other than taking time from their day to go to her district office?   It's not 20 years ago, Grandpa. Get over yourself.  Try using the computer machine and that thing the kids call a telephone.  AOC has a direct phone line to her DC office.  

Another thing that annoyed me about that conversation was the way Joe and Claire McCaskill talked as if they personally made the calls to solve all of their constituents' issues. Instead of a bank of underpaid (which is something AOC is changing) hard working staffers. That IRS issue Joe got thanked for straightening out? He probably had nothing to do with it. (Not unless they were big time campaign contributors.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe may have asked management if he could stay in Florida longer so he can qualify for tax free residency purposes. They must have agreed to it as long as ratings were ok.

Everyone else on the network manages to deal with NY or DC taxes, including the low-level staffers who aren't pulling in a fraction of what Joe and Mika are overpaid. 

I'm sure Rachel Maddow would much prefer to do her show with Susan from a fishing dock in Western Massachusetts rather than commute to NY every week, but somehow she intuitively understands that a major network news analysis program run that way would be neither credible nor successful.   

Otherwise it's just Wayne's World, a cable access show from the basement.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Everyone else on the network manages to deal with NY or DC taxes, including the low-level staffers who aren't pulling in a fraction of what Joe and Mika are overpaid. 

I'm sure Rachel Maddow would much prefer to do her show with Susan from a fishing dock in Western Massachusetts rather than commute to NY every week, but somehow she intuitively understands that a major network news analysis program run that way would be neither credible nor successful.   

Otherwise it's just Wayne's World, a cable access show from the basement.

Joe's mom is in hospice care. This could be another reason why Joe has been spending so much time in Florida.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's mom is in hospice care. This could be another reason why Joe has been spending so much time in Florida.

That's the cover story.   Mika and Joe are being tactically moved around to a network of safe houses to protect their brand.   The Scarboroughs are super-serious media hucksters whom presidents and domestic terrorists would like to destroy.  Every morning a team of Navy Seals transports Mika, Joe, the scarves and backdrops to unknown locations throughout the Florida panhandle, the Midwest and Saskatchewan.   Even the people at NBC don't really know where they are every morning..   All this social media grousing about how Mika and Joe don't show up at work anymore?   All orchestrated from the inside.   For the sake of democracy itself, Mika and Joe must be protected.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Undoubtedly this is a stressful time and it’s showing today on Mika. She probably should have taken the day off to be with Joe, who is with his Mom. She’s talking over people, asking ranty questions that never reach an end, and letting random syllables loose.  They seem to have unlimited time off.   She probably could have done more being with Joe than she is doing for the program. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, may flowers said:

They seem to have unlimited time off.

I can truly sympathize with what Joe is going through with his mother, I really can.  We went through the same or similar with FIL.   But how many of us out here in the real world could ever, in a million years, move away from our job location, sometimes never even show up for work "from home", and then take unlimited amounts of time off from work of any kind to deal with family problems?   Joe and Mika are able to do that by virtue ( I guess) of their celebrity and supposed importance to the network.  I doubt that they really recognize what special treatment they are getting versus the rest of the working population.  That is all.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 9

Mika needs to find a couple other descriptions of Kim Jung Il other than murderous dictator who starves his people, she said that 3 or 4 times in five minutes. Okay, we get it. Most everyone knows his reputation. 

She should have gone with Joe this morning, Willie was doing just fine by himself. Mika adds nothing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4