Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

It's always such a stark contrast between Meek-a and any other woman who's ever on the show.    All her tics were on full display this morning.   Raised eyebrows.  Nodding head.   Shaking head.   Sly grin.  "Knowing glance".   On and on.  

And the arms folded across her chest! That's what I saw for a full five minutes while I dried my hair (this was around 6:45 a.m. or so). She said nothing. Didn't open her mouth once. Just sat there, arms folded, staring at her beady-eyed, bloviating husband and likely only listening to the rocks rattle around in her own head. 

It is amazing to me that these two showed up in the studio today to no doubt escape the terrible weather that drove them from their home--and never once mentioning (at least while I watched) anything about said weather event. 

This show, and its format, is so rancidly stale and awful. 

Joe said that George W Bush wasn't sure about running for President.

He said Obama didn't like living in Washington. I laughed at that. Did he think that he could work out of a basement studio like Mika & Joe ?

Joe said that Trump's victory was a branding experiment gone wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

And the arms folded across her chest! That's what I saw for a full five minutes while I dried my hair (this was around 6:45 a.m. or so). She said nothing. Didn't open her mouth once. Just sat there, arms folded, staring at her beady-eyed, bloviating husband and likely only listening to the rocks rattle around in her own head. 

It is amazing to me that these two showed up in the studio today to no doubt escape the terrible weather that drove them from their home--and never once mentioning (at least while I watched) anything about said weather event. 

This show, and its format, is so rancidly stale and awful. 

Mika was very annoyed today at the baseball talk. She emptied her wallet and played with credit cards.

Lemire asked her if she put Joe's credit card in the top pocket of her wallett. She said she always uses Joe's credit card!

Joe laughed nervously at that.

They should play that clip at Mika's KYV seminars.

It amazes me at how tone deaf Mika & Joe have become over the last year.

• Love 3

Okay, everyone knows I don't care for Meeka.  But I do not feel sorry for the pinhead for sitting with arms crossed and purse cleaning when her husband and co-host talks over her, interrupts her, shouts, and belittles her by simply rolling over her on the show.  If you can't speak up for yourself and a story you are "reporting" on - then just stop.  Don't even put up a front. I have no idea why she drives me more crazy than Joe does.

My niece was a news anchor in a major city for years; she got her degree, started on the radio, moved to a small tv market and then worked her way up through bigger and bigger stations.  She did her homework, was always prepared, managed to have a sense of humor and was respectful of her fellow newscasters.  That is the difference between working for a living versus being born on third base.  

Mr. Kemper is from an area of South that is not known for being tolerant.  His family always used "arrogant"  and "aloof" to describe Obama.  They absolutely abhorred him; arrogant sounded better than a couple of other terms they used when they didn't know Mr. Kemper was present. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, oakville said:

He said Obama didn't like living in Washington. I laughed at that. Did he think that he could work out of a basement studio like Mika & Joe ?

Joe is so full of crap.  He knows the Obamas actually bought a house in Washington after his presidency. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Or it could be Media Matters. All the progressive sites love to point out what a hypocrite he is. 

It was Media Matters.  I saw the article the Axios guy was referring to earlier today when he was on but can't find it now or I would post the link for those that missed that part of the show today.  The jist of it is that there is going to be an organized effort to target certain journalists with past social media posts and it was like throwing red meat to the Scarborough's because they lit up like a Christmas tree.  Seriously, I would donate a kidney to find out what the Clinton's did to those two that they can barely contain themselves at the mere mention of their names.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

It was Media Matters.  I saw the article the Axios guy was referring to earlier today when he was on but can't find it now or I would post the link for those that missed that part of the show today.  The jist of it is that there is going to be an organized effort to target certain journalists with past social media posts and it was like throwing red meat to the Scarborough's because they lit up like a Christmas tree.  Seriously, I would donate a kidney to find out what the Clinton's did to those two that they can barely contain themselves at the mere mention of their names.

During the 2016 election campaign Mika complained about Hillary refusing to come on Morning Joe. Hillary's campaign also complained to Chuck Todd about Mika's complaints about Hillary's emails. It was documented in wiki leaks.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

That segment annoyed me, particularly when Mika sarcastically chimed in, "And it's all free!"

No one is claiming it's free. Everyone who is running acknowledges that it would require new revenue, shifts in taxation, and other structural adjustments to fund these programs. And we can all argue the merits of the policies and determine whether it's worth rescinding that $1 trillion tax cut to pay for some or all of it. But those conversations need to start from a place of honesty and factual accuracy, not wild misrepresentations like we heard today.

Sorry but I am one who would like for them to really argue.  I want them to adjust the tax cut and whatever else that they can find to help the middle class.  But, I don't think health care/provisions for immigrants (legal or otherwise) should be at the top of the list.  That's just like people taking care of a neighbor when people in their home are in need.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Eliot said:

That segment annoyed me, particularly when Mika sarcastically chimed in, "And it's all free!"

Yikes, so she actually said the inside voice stuff out loud eh?  Sorry I missed that moment.  Nothing like seeing a spoiled, rich woman who normally does her grueling 2 1/4 hours a day in her jammie bottoms hurl something so insensitive and totally lacking in empathy.  Wow, those two must be an absolute riot after the cameras are turned off.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Yikes, so she actually said the inside voice stuff out loud eh?  Sorry I missed that moment.  Nothing like seeing a spoiled, rich woman who normally does her grueling 2 1/4 hours a day in her jammie bottoms hurl something so insensitive and totally lacking in empathy.  Wow, those two must be an absolute riot after the cameras are turned off.

Mika did say that she would offer discounts on her KYV seminars & books to those women affected by Hurricane Dorian.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This morning Mika is giving a dramatic reading from a Washington Post editorial about Mitch McConnell, criticizing the leader regarding gun control.  Joe says that Mitch is concerned about doing the work of the KGB and Putin.

Joe is just lecturing while everyone sits there.  He must have had a ton of coffee today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

This morning Mika is giving a dramatic reading from a Washington Post editorial about Mitch McConnell, criticizing the leader regarding gun control.  Joe says that Mitch is concerned about doing the work of the KGB and Putin.

Joe is just lecturing while everyone sits there.  He must have had a ton of coffee today.

No kidding, another inglorious start to the show.  I'm glad Meeks had her WP moment as I am now sure Mitch is going to get right on it.

I see Joe is in Hurricane Hunter mode dispensing all sorts of "to do's" in order to help those folks in the Bahamas.  They need water (great idea, check) and he and the Mrs. are going to write a check to charity (duly noted, check).

And that tie he is wearing is an assault to my eyeballs this early in the morning but the show did redeem themselves when they showed that clip of one of my most favorite people on the planet the Speaker of the Parliament.  That guy is a complete riot . . . orderrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

And that tie he is wearing is an assault to my eyeballs this early in the morning

I like purple, but the diagonal stripes on the tie point to the upper left, but his hair swoop points to upper right.  My eyeballs don't know which direction to turn to!

• LOL 4

I am sorry I missed the majority of the block with Amy Klobuchar as I always enjoy listening to her and she didn't disappoint.  She has a way of taking things that are causing angst, breaking them down into easily digestible pieces and I always feel better after listening to her.  I also enjoyed the gentlemen that was on after her as he speaks in common sense terms, not soundbites.  I have to look up his book as I think I would like to read it.

Those two remain the absolute worst "interviewers" in the industry but if you listen around them, those that are willing to stand up to them and talk past them do a great job (oh and Joe trying to bait Mattis into giving him a little snark was priceless.  Yes Joe, this distinguished, principled gentlemen is going to spill the tea to you).

• Love 4
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I like purple, but the diagonal stripes on the tie point to the upper left, but his hair swoop points to upper right.  My eyeballs don't know which direction to turn to!

Whineandcheez my friend I have been debating what about our angst was truly bothering me and I remembered that incredibly fabulous line from "Amadeus" when he said "there are simply too many notes" which for me describes Joe's tie.  Too many notes.

• LOL 4

During the Matis interview joe said I need to remind my wife then called Mika honey and grabed her hand and she started lookin at him all lovey dovey (of course it was about dr brzezinski )

Edited by Loloooopoi
  • Love 1

ACK I forgot the best part of Amy Klobuchar's segment!  Apparently the Violence Against Woman Act is being held up because it has some gun restrictions in it and some you know non-female members of congress  have a problem with that.   Seriously?

Ugh.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Loloooopoi said:

During the Matis interview joe said I need to remind my wife then called Mika honey and grabed her hand and she started lookin at him all lovey dovey (of course it was about dr brzezinski )

Oh goodness you saw it too?????  Awful, just awful!  When he started to reach over to grab her hand it was like in slow motion from some bad movie.  It's like they don't get that no one else wants to see their "inside jokes" except them themselves.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2

Ok, I thought watching the Brits duke it out in Parliament was going to be the most amusing thing I saw today until I swung over to MJ and they had those photos mocked up with a Sharpie (mocking the weather map incident from yesterday).  I don't know who on their staff does those things (along with those video mash ups) but they deserve a big raise.

• Love 1

Bill Karins is my new TV weatherman boyfriend. I didn’t realize he had such a dry sense of humor, but he was cracking me up this morning. Sharpiegate is the best thing that ever happened to him!

• Love 5

This morning, Joe and Mika are covering how much some Republican states lost in diverted defense spending for border wall. 

Joe and Mika showed a list of diverted funds by state and they "riffed" on how this will affect each state while Mika smiled and stared at Joe.  They seemed quite pleased with themselves.  Now, Joe is screaming at NC Sen Thom Tillis about the effects of the diverted funding.  Does he think Thom is going to see the rant and try to get the money back?  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

Ok, I tuned in for Joe's Scripture Sessions.  I don't know why he seemed to be ragging on Mayor Pete about his faith and how it applies to him but the mayor did a great job of bringing it around to practice what you preach as there will a reckoning (and that includes you fatuous fornicators at the table).

Meeks is sitting like she has hemorrhoids.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, I tuned in for Joe's Scripture Sessions.  I don't know why he seemed to be ragging on Mayor Pete about his faith and how it applies to him but the mayor did a great job of bringing it around to practice what you preach as there will a reckoning (and that includes you fatuous fornicators at the table).

Meeks is sitting like she has hemorrhoids.

Joe kept trying to get Mayor Pete to accept Jesus as his personal savior.

I am curious as to whether Joe will get a bible hour study show on MSNBC after he gets tired of Morning Joe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe said African Americans should have a right to attend Harlem Village academy which is a charter school.

Joe bragged about visiting Harlem with Mika.

Eddie said that school choice ended up with whites creating private schools.

Joe bragged about going to a desegregated school in Mississippi. Joe said some of his white neighbors went to a private academy.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe kept trying to get Mayor Pete to accept Jesus as his personal savior.

I am curious as to whether Joe will get a bible hour study show on MSNBC after he gets tired of Morning Joe.

Full disclosure: I have absolutely zero use for Fundamentalists of all stripes.

However, watching Joe try to save Mayor Pete while he is sitting next to the latest of his adulterous conquests (that we know of) was rich indeed.

Didn't Jesus say something (in the red letters) about the mote in your own eye?

Lose me, Joe.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

My morning exposure to this show was, unfortunately, the Gods and Guns segments and I wanted to turn a firehouse to the TV and spray the unclean away. I honestly don't know which part of Joe's pontificating during these segments was more gasp-worthy -- him talking about how much he loves guns and the NRA while listing all the gun control measures the organization's members believe should be enacted but never will be because the organization TO WHICH THEY WILLINGLY PAY DUES won't allow them or him trying to figure out who sits closer to the right hand of Jesus -- him or Mayor Pete. That whole discussion with Mayor Pete still gives me the willies. 

I'm in mexico so no MSNBC here.  Am I to understand that this morning Joe Scarborough tried to save Mayor Pete, like an evangelical tries to save lost souls, live on television?  Were they on set together?
What was the lead up to this?  How did this happen?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I'm in mexico so no MSNBC here.  Am I to understand that this morning Joe Scarborough tried to save Mayor Pete, like an evangelical tries to save lost souls, live on television?  Were they on set together?

Yes, this happened. They were on set together. I missed the lead up. I turned it on at the point where Joe asked Mayor Pete if Jesus was his personal savior. Mayor Pete handled it well, although he did have an "Eh-Q me?" look on his face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe & Mayor Pete discussed religion. I think Mayor Pete is Episcopalian. Joe is a Southern Baptist. Joe bragged to Pete about being personally saved by Jesus & and asked Pete to accept Jesus as his personal savior. Pete tried to discuss using the bible's teachings to do good works. Joe was not happy about that and browbeat Pete into finally accepting Jesus. Pete said yes reluctantly & Joe was happy.

1 minute ago, Landsnark said:

I'm surprised I'm surprised.  This show is a shapeless dumpster fire.
While he was doing this was Mika eating a huge slice of cake with one hand and playing solitaire with her other hand?

There was no cake on set today.

6 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ok, I thought watching the Brits duke it out in Parliament was going to be the most amusing thing I saw today until I swung over to MJ and they had those photos mocked up with a Sharpie (mocking the weather map incident from yesterday).  I don't know who on their staff does those things (along with those video mash ups) but they deserve a big raise.

This made me laugh way too hard as well!

• Love 3

Joe is a Southern Baptist. Joe bragged to Pete about being personally saved by Jesus & and asked Pete to accept Jesus as his personal savior

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife," Joe.

I'm in mexico so no MSNBC here. 

Landsnark, that's because MSNBC Built a Wall to keep you away from Morning Joe!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I honestly don't know which part of Joe's pontificating during these segments was more gasp-worthy -- him talking about how much he loves guns and the NRA while listing all the gun control measures the organization's members believe should be enacted but never will be because the organization TO WHICH THEY WILLINGLY PAY DUES won't allow them or him trying to figure out who sits closer to the right hand of Jesus -- him or Mayor Pete.

WWJS: Who Would Jesus Shoot?

I thought watching the Brits duke it out in Parliament was going to be the most amusing thing I saw today until I swung over to MJ and they had those photos mocked up with a Sharpie (mocking the weather map incident from yesterday).  I don't know who on their staff does those things (along with those video mash ups) but they deserve a big raise.

I think those were memes pulled from Twitter. There were a bunch floating around yesterday.

Edited by Eliot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

The show is much better when they are in the studio together.

No.

It's better when they are either on vacation or on the road chasing down some pipe dream.

I'm waiting for the KYV Super Mega Supplements and Hormone Replacement Therapy to be lined up on the desk next.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I hope someone who is more religious than me can answer in more detail but Mayor Pete was on the set and he was duking it out with Joe which sounded to me that if MP didn't agree with Joe then MP was wrong (and was probably going to Hell).  As someone said a few posts up, I found the entire conversation extremely uncomfortable not because it discussed religion but Joe was trying to wrangle MP around verbally (and thank goodness I missed the Gun portion of the morning or I would have been frightened for his safety).

Enjoy Mexico my friend, so lovely there!  😎

• Love 4
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Landsnark, that's because MSNBC Built a Wall to keep you away from Morning Joe!

It's ok Landsnark, you can come back as they used a Sharpie . . . 😉

That was the best graphic of the morning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, The Solution said:

Full disclosure: I have absolutely zero use for Fundamentalists of all stripes.

However, watching Joe try to save Mayor Pete while he is sitting next to the latest of his adulterous conquests (that we know of) was rich indeed.

Didn't Jesus say something (in the red letters) about the mote in your own eye?

Lose me, Joe.

Very well said. Joe can be very hypocritical about religious matters when it concerns himself. He believes that the non discloure agreements he got his ex wives to sign protect him.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, oakville said:

Very well said. Joe can be very hypocritical about religious matters when it concerns himself. He believes that the non discloure agreements he got his ex wives to sign protect him.

You’d think someone on their third marriage wouldn’t want to judge/challenge anyone’s relationship with God.  There are no big and little sins.  Joe needs to remember that Satan knows scripture too 😉

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Congratulations! After a very long labor (so long she began to be afraid) Kasie ! was delivered of a 9.5 pound baby boy Wednesday night. His name is Mars.

They shared a couple of cute photos and, no shit, dragged out some thunder and lightning.

Le sigh.

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Mika is reading the news verrrrry slowwwwwly and deliberately this morning...and still stumbling over her words and inflections. GIVE UP.

ETA: So now apparently all female panelists are required to grovel at the altar of Know Your Value and participate in KYV plugs and promotions in order to appear on the show? Susan DelPercio, I though better of you.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

I'm driving to work this AM, and realized I am still pissed over Mika's very shrill "and its all FREE!" intonation earlier this week as a reaction to the platforms of some of the Democratic candidates. Shut up you 7 million dollar-making Upper East Side/Connecticut/Florida entitled chick.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I can't figure out which Studio Mika & Joe are broadcasting from.

Joe is upset at the Sharpie-Alabama scandal. World leaders won't take him seriously.

Joe said that Trump eats chess pieces.

Joe said that Trump ran a terrible campaign in 2016 & only won by a fluke.

3 hours ago, suomi said:

Congratulations! After a very long labor (so long she began to be afraid) Kasie ! was delivered of a 9.5 pound baby boy Wednesday night. His name is Mars.

They shared a couple of cute photos and, no shit, dragged out some thunder and lightning.

Le sigh.

That's exciting news!.

Mars is an unusual name for a boy.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

WTH does that mean?  Are you sure he didn't say chess PIE? (A Panhandle delicacy)

Hee, but no this is an old joke that's been rattling around for a while whenever someone says our president is playing 3d chess the snarky reply is maybe but he's also eating the pieces.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1