Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

I bet that voiceover of her crying and saying "I was in love with him, I was going to spend my life with him," from the preview was actually from when Ben sent her home but they just inserted it into the promo to create the illusion that someone pulls a Brooks on her. Unless someone actually does pull a Brooks on her, in which case I eagerly await for the trainwreck to unfold.

• Love 4

Did they just copy and paste Josh's "5 to watch" blurb from a few years ago, replace "Former Pro Baseball Player" with "Former Pro Quarterback" and hope no one would notice? 

• Love 1

Thanks for the link, Cindy!

To be totally superficial, Luke has one of the weirdest noses I've ever seen.  Like Luke Wilson-level weird.  Chris comments "He really fits for JoJo. But he might be too perfect on paper but not add up in real life.”  That sounds EXACTLY like Olivia before Ben's season got underway.  Perfect on paper, a disaster in real life. 

And I DEFINITELY think Chad has Gym muscles, not developed-by-physically-working-for-a-living muscles.  Because he's a real estate agent. 

Jordan is so much Shawn Booth 2.0 in that photo, I can't even see anything else.  Except his really stupid looking swoop hair.  That I'll never un-see.

Grant is probably still too love damaged, but those muscles he gets from lugging around firefighting equipment and fire hoses get him +10 points for legitimacy.

Evan is raising 3 kids?  He probably won't get nearly as much crap for leaving them at home and being on this show as Amanda did last season for leaving her 2.   Men usually get a pass on that kind of stuff.  So hypocritical, but usually proves to be the case. 

• Love 3

Yeesh, there's some fug going on in that list.  I think Grant is the only good-looking one there.  I've heard all this talk about Jordan Rodgers, but never seen a pic until today... he is not attractive!  So I don't understand all the fuss or why Jojo would be into him.

• Love 1

Jesus, who did JoJo piss off to get that group??  I thought Kaitlyn's group of men was pretty fug, but this is even worse.  Oh well, makes for an extra snarky season!

• Love 2

The problem I have with Luke as the next Bachelor is that he's a musician that is supposedly based in Nashville, yet this site has him booked for gigs all over Texas, through the end of October.   The Bachelor usually films from around the end of September to around the beginning of December.  He would have to cancel that Oct. 30th wedding gig.  That poor bride!  *LOL*

https://www.gigmasters.com/country-band/lukepell/calendar

And he's willing to travel up to 3000 miles.  If they make him the Bachelor, where does he supposedly live and where would his new fiancee move to?  Because the girl always moves, no matter which show it is.  And is she just supposed to be his groupie/roadie/seamstress-for-the-band?    He doesn't have Army retirement or significant benefits, so his band is his only paycheck.  Unless he has another job hidden somewhere.  

I don't think he's a good choice, but I know they won't ask me!  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Canada said:

Jesus, who did JoJo piss off to get that group??  I thought Kaitlyn's group of men was pretty fug, but this is even worse. 

And there's only one snark-worthy job description - erectile dysfunction expert. (There's also a hipster, but that's too lame to even snark about.)

On the plus side, I'm intrigued by the Asian guy who's wearing full Scottish kilt (with socks and sporran and everything) in the cast photo. His bio doesn't say anything about Scottish heritage.

ETA: I was determined not to like Jordan Rodgers, but his answer to the "what's the wildest thing you've done in the bedroom" question actually shows a smidgen of wit, so if he keeps that up, I might change my mind.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1

I tried reading some bios. but these guys are so boring.  From what I could read...

• I predict that Alex is the Ian of the group
  • Brandon is the Jubilee of the group
  • Coley, Christian, and Jonathan are going home first night
  • Chad is the Mikey of the group

I could predict more, but I couldn't read any more boring profiles.

• Love 1

I looked at the group, and then I looked at Reality Steve's website with more pictures from their social media.  Am I just getting old, or does it seem like a lot of men in their 20s like to pose for "glamor" pictures and then post them (maybe those are the kinds of men who go on reality shows?).  Too many pretty boys.  I can't think of wanting to date any one of them based on what they put out there on Instagram, FB, twitter, etc.  It seems way too narcissistic.   Is this typical for 20 somethings in America?  If so, I guess I should be glad that that is not my dating pool.

• Love 3

I just got finished reading Reality Steve's bio recap and actually laughed out loud at couple of them.   And boo to Derek not making hometowns as his mom the "life coach" sounds like she would have been lots of fun!

I don't find this group overly attractive either.  Hopefully they'll be better in moving pictures than their ABC head shots and what we see on social media.  If not, well some of them at least look good with out a shirt on so on that's good for the ladies of Paradise. 

Steve is still piecing together the season and sounds like he's hearing different things so it might be awhile till we know what happened after hometowns, especially with Steve knowing that he's gotten 2 of the last 4 Bachelorette seasons wrong.

• Love 1

Ok, more from Reality Steve after he got to watch episode 1 (he tweeted out his thoughts this afternoon); my summary of his tweets, for those that don't follow:

1. Fleiss trots out Kaitlyn, Ali and Des to give advice to JoJo.   All I can say to that is poor Des.

2. The following get intro videos:  Grant, Jordan, Alex, James S, Evan, Ali, Christian and Luke to start his push for the next Bachelor

3. Jordan is shown getting out the limo first, Luke last.  See a pattern here!

4. Jordan gets first impression rose.  Its "love at first sight" for JoJo with him as she told him three different times as he's standing there after getting out of the limo how good he looks.   She must have spent the past 2 months writing in her diary, Mrs. Jordan Rogers, Mrs. Joelle Rogers, Mrs. Jo Jo Rogers, Joelle Fletcher-Rogers, JoJo Fletcher Rogers, with lots of little hearts.

Steve doesn't have the ending confirmed but he'd be shocked that its not Jordan.  

• Love 3

So if it comes down to the most expected final 2, Jordan and Luke, would the producers really do a repeat of last season and make the #2 guy the new Bachelor?  Thankfully they didn't do it with Nick on Kaitlyn's season.  And Robby & Chase are in the final 4, so I can hope one of them is tapped.  I just don't find Luke attractive at all and would rather watch one of the other 2. 

3 hours ago, leighdear said:

So if it comes down to the most expected final 2, Jordan and Luke, would the producers really do a repeat of last season and make the #2 guy the new Bachelor?  Thankfully they didn't do it with Nick on Kaitlyn's season.  And Robby & Chase are in the final 4, so I can hope one of them is tapped.  I just don't find Luke attractive at all and would rather watch one of the other 2. 

Robby and his flip flops for Bachelor! But only if his very recently ex girlfriend shows up halfway through the season, either to compete to "win him back" or to warn his girls to get out while they still can. Either scenario is fine. I'm not fussy.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, leighdear said:

I think they go for who will make the best bach; it doesn't matter where they finished.  Jojo was a far better choice than F3.  I doubt they will choose Luke.  A musician is not a good bet, for the reasons leighdear stated above. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I cannot say I am terribly surprised the final four are the four white men who are more than six feet tall and that most of them have professional sports backgrounds. I am surprised, however, that only one of them has a job that is not former athlete or singer.

Do not get me wrong. I like JoJo, but what bothers me about her as the Bachelorette is I did not expect her to be interested in the men of color. While I do not think Caila would have been any more diverse than her, the men on her season would have at least entered with an open mind to dating a woman of color. If one of these men were selected as the Bachelor, his cast and winner selection might be more diverse. In turn, the Bachelorette from his season might be diverse and/or have a diverse cast and so on.

The man who is selected to be the Bachelor from this season will probably choose a bubbly blonde like Lauren or maybe a perky brunette like Desiree or Jenny from Brad’s first season thereby continuing the cycle of poor representation.

Edited by Bossley
  • Love 1

I think most of them were cast, but not all.  We've had contestants say after their seasons that they were called in at the last minute, some folks have said they were flown out and in the hotel but got cut at the last minute and some contestants have dropped out on their own right before filming started.  But most were probably cast regardless of who the Bachelorette ended up being.   

Reality Steve's new column has some info about the first episode he got to watch, and from what he says, JoJo makes it plain she's got the hots for Jordan right away.  Plus, she gives him the first impression rose.  

42 minutes ago, gator12 said:

Since Caila was originally the Bachelorette, I believe these men were already cast. All ABC did was change the lead at the last minute.

I don't think this is true.  I know many thought she was the logical choice because she was F3.  She was asked, of course.  Production does not put all their eggs in one basket.  This happens on many seasons, if not all.  They line up the contenders, then decide.  They may have wanted JoJo all along. 

I tried reading some bios. but these guys are so boring.  From what I could read...

I predict that Alex is the Ian of the group

Brandon is the Jubilee of the group

Coley, Christian, and Jonathan are going home first night

Chad is the Mikey of the group

I could predict more, but I couldn't read any more boring profiles.

Ha, these comparisons would mean so much more to me if I could remember who the people are you are comparing them too =) 

• Love 5

RS has photos of Wells on a date with Carly Waddell, which means we may have to find another summer TV boyfriend, Cindy. Unless they both "spontaneously" show up on BIP and just happen to "fall in love" there. 

1 hour ago, dom16 said:

RS has photos of Wells on a date with Carly Waddell, which means we may have to find another summer TV boyfriend, Cindy. Unless they both "spontaneously" show up on BIP and just happen to "fall in love" there. 

I saw that!  Oh well.   Nashville seems to be one big bachelor/ette reject pool of folks so no surprise that they'd attempt to get to know each other, especially with Paradise filming starting in 3 weeks.   The way she reacted to Kirk's dumping, I think Carly is very much a shoo in for BiP3.0.

RS also said that JoJo's season is f*cked up.  Hopefully when he does do his season long spoilers post, it will all make sense.  At this point I just want to see Robby & his flipflops try to convince us all he'd make a great Bachelor.

I hope Wells got to watch Carly on BIP2 so if they both end up there, he knows when to expect her to shift into a stage-five clinger like she did with Kirk.

Sounds like there will be some interesting stuff to watch, though I don't think JoJo has much charisma.  I really hope the guys bring the fun drama.  

RS's Final 4 spoilers are up, and boy are they a doozy:

- JoJo and Jordan are engaged. Army Luke is F3 and probably the next Bachelor.

- Jordan is a total player who had a girlfriend who he slept with the night before he left for filming. He also told her that going on the show was a "business decision" and that they'd get back together once it was done. He was also trying to chat up some other girl with a boyfriend up until he left for filming too. Very Ed Swiderski of him. 

- JoJo and Jordan were talking before filming began since he was leaked as a contestant a couple of weeks before the ATFR. 

- The whole "two narratives" thing was that Jordan originally wanted to be the Bachelor to gain more exposure for his "media career" and was going to eliminate himself at F3, but later backtracked because he realized getting engaged to JoJo would get him the same amount of publicity without having to worry about looking like the bad guy. 

- RS expects Jordan to get slammed in the tabloids by his ex-girlfriend from 2 years ago and possibly by the girl he was dating and the girl he was trying to hook up with as well. 

JoJo and Jordan's inevitable breakup sounds like an absolute trainwreck in the making. I can hardly wait.

• Love 5
(edited)

I just had to close the door to my office as I kept saying out loud "holy sh*t" as I read through Steve's recap of the final four.

I'm actually kinda shocked that Jordan did NOT pull a Brooks and got engaged to JoJo at the end but I guess as Steve said, maybe he felt that being part of a happy "couple" was better for his brand.  

And I'm really looking forward to watching this season and watching ole Jordan in action!!!   Hopefully its going to be a good one.  And looking forward to discussing it with you all too!

Edited by CindyBee

Maybe Jordan changed his mind about backing out when he found out it was JoJo.   But yeah, a broken engagement gets you just as many pity bangs as a self-removal and a lot more attention in the media as an engaged couple.  

I really hope they choose Robby or Chase as next Bachelor over Luke.  I can't stand the soldier-turned-musician trope.  And I don't find Luke attractive at all.  

Ain't Jordan ex from 2 years ago Olivia Munn Best Friend/Personal trainer, I doubt she'll say anything since Olivia is dating Jordan's brother. The other two women, we shall see 

I too don't think his Ex that is Olivia Munn's friend will be talking but you never know, her "friends" might.  

I also think Jordan has the potential to be the most talked about contestant in a long, long, long time.  Every tabloid editor out there must be doing the snoopy dance of joy right now. 

As for Luke, his social media showed him out at final 4, not final 3, according to the posters over at bachelor spoilers fan site so maybe he isn't the front runner after all, that Robby and his flipflops are.   

(edited)

Luke said he was eliminated before the Thailand overnights trip?  I didn't think contestants were allowed to do that.  And even if Reality Steve switched 3 & 4, he's still right more than anybody else is.  And long before the show even starts.    

Robby looks like he'd be fun.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

No, Luke just was active on social media (liking photos on instagram, adding people, etc)  right after the final 4 rose ceremony would have been so that makes some think that he went out at final 4 and did not go to Thailand.    Time will tell who is right on that.

(edited)
10 hours ago, gator12 said:

Robby is the one who dump his girlfriend to go on the bachelorette right?

Yes he had a long term girlfriend (4 years) that he dumped to be on the show.    Of course she was very unhappy about that so I expect as the season goes on and IF he becomes "popular", that the tabloids will be interested in her story. 

Jillian was able to survive Ed and his harem being played out in the tabloids (man that was some good times as it seemed like every day brought out someone new that was Ed's "girlfriend") so it will be interesting to see if JoJo can do the same with Jordan's.  But social media (mainly twitter) wasn't a big deal in Jillian's season so things might be different for JoJo.  

Edited by CindyBee

I'm ready to "let my walls down" and "go on this journey".   Before we "met" the guys via the ABC site and Reality Steve, I was excited about having a boatload of attractive hunks to watch.  Sadly, I now think our reality is going to be a lot of bad acting, a massive amount of testosterone and few moderately attractive bros that are playing backup to Jordan Rogers.  

Oh well, we all know the deal, as it's all for fun.  And we do have potential BIP III candidates to be on the lookout for, so that's amusing.  

• Love 2

I'm watching for two reasons:   1. To see how Jordan charms his way to the end & 2. to put names with faces on BiP 3.0 since these guys will make of the majority of the cast. 

Won't be surprised if the following show up on some beach in Mexico in a few weeks:

Chad, the one everyone hates

Grant, the firefighter

Wells, cause he's already hooking up with rejects in Nashville

Alex, the marine

James Taylor, cause he has more bad songs to sing for us

Which one will turn out to the be the next Marcus/Tanner, the famewhor-ish guy that is actually sorta normal and ready to propose after just dating someone 3 weeks?!?!   Stay tune!

• Love 2
On 5/19/2016 at 11:11 AM, gator12 said:

Ain't Jordan ex from 2 years ago Olivia Munn Best Friend/Personal trainer, I doubt she'll say anything since Olivia is dating Jordan's brother. The other two women, we shall see 

I didn't know this, thanks! 

On 5/20/2016 at 8:35 PM, gator12 said:

Robby is the one who dump his girlfriend to go on the bachelorette right?

I wonder if their relationship was over or in the throes of being finished.  Did he really dumb her or did he do what was eminent, breaking up.   Nothing like a woman scorned to put a spin on things. 

Doesn't matter, Jordan is going to give us plenty.  This is going to be a good season!   It is time for some scandal.  Bring it on!  

On 5/18/2016 at 9:20 AM, CindyBee said:

I saw that!  Oh well.   Nashville seems to be one big bachelor/ette reject pool of folks so no surprise that they'd attempt to get to know each other, especially with Paradise filming starting in 3 weeks.   The way she reacted to Kirk's dumping, I think Carly is very much a shoo in for BiP3.0.

RS also said that JoJo's season is f*cked up.  Hopefully when he does do his season long spoilers post, it will all make sense.  At this point I just want to see Robby & his flipflops try to convince us all he'd make a great Bachelor.

Bold. I am okay with that!  

In Carly's defense, Kirk led her on and she was blindsided at zero hour.  She had expected they would continue to date after the show.  He had given her no indication otherwise.  I did not see her as clingy as many did.  She was dumped, it is okay to have feelings about that!  I would love to see her on BiP again; I like her. 

• Love 4

Reality Steve is out with his episode spoilers.  

Interesting tidbits:

1. Chad going out on a 2-1 date with fellow marine Alex in episode 4 and then ending back at the hotel fighting with Jordan.   Can't wait for that.  

2. Alex does the "I love you" on at date in episode 7 and promptly gets sent home.   Don't worry Alex, you are a shoo in for Paradise. 

3. Both Jordan & Robby don't get 1-1 dates till episode 5. 

4.  Derek gets the first 1-1 and lasts till episode 6; I think he's another possibility for Paradise, maybe even as the new Marcus/Tanner

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I must say, I am a 100% wrong reasons watcher this season so I can't wait for this circus to begin. The spoilers are getting be very excited for a fun ride.

I am right there with you.  Should be a very satisfying season!

So JoJo finds about Robby's girlfriend and still keeps him around to final 2.   Interesting.   Must have been in the script she was handed as she wanted Jordan and only him from the minute he stepped out of the limo and the only thing that was in doubt was if he was going to stick around or not.   And I totally believe Reality Steve's source that they did indeed talk before the show filmed.  

At least Chad stays around a few episodes to stir things up.    Alex too.   

• Love 1

Yeah the tabloid coverage of Jordan is going to be brutal, way worse than anything Ed had to deal with as Jordan is famous.  Well his older brother is but close enough.   Throw in the fact that Brittney is friends with Olivia Munn and its even better for the tabloids.    

• Love 1

Reality Steve also got an email about Firefighter Grant dumping his girlfriend to appear on the show.  He's got it posted on his Twitter feed also, from last night, but got the info weeks ago.  What a bunch of tools this season!  Steve said that last 4 minutes of previews was going to be dramatic and he was right!

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I didn't see anything on this link that Jordan's ex said.  ??? 

I can't post from work via Instragram/twitter (its blocked) but Brittney has a great post on her feed about "sitting on the bench" doesn't mean you can't be faithful or something like that.   She's obviously peeved that Jordan made it out like his big time football career was the reason they didn't work out but according to her it was cause he cheated on her.   She also said something about "he always wanted to be famous".  Hopefully RS will put the posts on his blog this morning for you to see.

Anyway, I think Jordan is a great study in sibling rivalry.  Obviously he is out to increase his fame/brand and since football didn't do that here he is on one of the most talked about shows on TeeVee today.    As for JoJo, I think she's totally ok with everything about him as she had a couple of "normal" guys in her final 8 (Derek & Chase come to mind) but took the two of the "bad boys" to the final 2.  She has a type and that's great for us this season!!

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, thehepburn said:

Alex is gross. Not surprised that he was the one who put a razor up his partner's butt and got shit all over the place. And Jojo still kept him around after that. Chick's a freak.

What?! Was this on RS? I didn't see this spoiler/gross news but I am definitely not googling that. As it is I can never unsee this sentence!