Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

It's hard to say. The only ones that would really interest me are Jubilee or Lauren H. and I don't think either would be chosen for The Bachelorette. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Becca. She's shown more life this season and she's pretty enough that men may be interested in her. She could probably handle the drama, etc., fairly well. JoJo - I don't know - for some reason I think she may end up being another Kaitlyn, someone you really like on The Bachelor but then ends up being a lousy Bachelorette. That's just a gut feeling, nothing really to back it up.  I think Whitney (Chris's season) would be nice but a lot of viewers might be put off by her voice.

From past seasons:

Whitney has a serious boyfriend outside the bachelor pool so she's out.

Andi has a book to promote and was front and center at the Janner wedding so I wouldn't be surprised if she's pushing to be the first two-timer but I can't see Fleiss wanting that.

This season:

The pool is really, really, really weak IMHO.   This would be the perfect opportunity for Fleiss to think outside the box but he won't so it will be someone blah but it really doesn't matter to me cause I only watch for the bromances and to see who fakes it the longest to get an invite to Bachelor in Paradise!

• Love 1

The producers haven't gone outside the top 4 since Trista, the first season.  And that was 13 years ago with a completely different shooting schedule.  I honestly can't see them making Jubilee the exception to that rule and putting her in the lead.  The only 2 boxes she can check are being attractive and being a woman of color.  

• Love 1

The next contestant, IIRC, has always been in the final four of the previous season. Assuming that holds:

Amanda has no shot. She has two young kids, and not many Bachelorette contestants will want to deal with that.

Lauren is very plain-looking (by the standards of the show, I mean. She's still quite beautiful) and is kind of charisma-less on camera. Can't see ABC wanting to place her mug on all their advertising.

JoJo is beautiful, has a great (if surgically-enhanced) body, and has two jealous brothers and a boozy mom to provide late-season drama. She's a lock unless Ben picks her in the Bachelor finale.

Caila is beautiful as well, but unfortunately for ABC seems to have a normal, well-adjusted family. She'll get the nod if JoJo doesn't.

• Love 1

Reality Steve's Twitter has photos of Caila filming intro spots.  And no, it doesn't mean she's definitely got it. 

Yes, they could still pick JoJo.  Or Becca.  Or Amanda.  Or Jubilee.  Or anybody else that's ever been in the franchise.  And yes, they did decoy filming for Nick & Arie and they didn't get the Bachelor.  So that doesn't mean Caila gets the Bachelorette.  

RS just tweeted out that his sources have confirmed that Caila is indeed the next bachelorette.  

Major bleeechhhh.

Anyway, I usually just tune in to see the bromances and man-tears but I think I'm going to give her pretty pink princess season a pass and I'll catch up when Bachelor in Paradise airs come August!

• Love 3

I think I'm going to give her pretty pink princess season a pass and I'll catch up when Bachelor in Paradise airs come August!

The spoilers for BIP3 will start in late June or July, so we'll see you in that thread then, right?  

I hope it's not Caila only because I think seeing her name constantly spelled wrong might drive me nuts. Her name is not Calia! Otherwise I think she might be interesting.

• Love 1

The spoilers for BIP3 will start in late June or July, so we'll see you in that thread then, right?  

I'll be checking Steve's site and if anything major happens, like Caila pulling a full Mesnick, I might tune towards the end of the season.  

I for sure will be around the BiP spoiler thread come late June when he starts releasing details as I love me some BiP.  I think its my favorite part of the franchise now as TPTB don't take it serious, the cast are all jockeying for air time and that little bit of me that is a right reason watcher might get to see another Janner.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Caila will be hopeless because she has one mode:  always on.  Because they are competitive and analytical, blokes want some feedback, some variety, some differences in reactions, statements, etc.

When they get the 'Hi!  Welcome to Outback!' hostess greeting every morning, every evening it may seem cheerful but eventually they will question, even resent, the glossy sameness since it gives them nothing to compare and contrast.

Caila seems quite content to play in the 'I like you...do you like me?  Because I like you...' conversational cul-de-sac until doomsday.  Boring.

There may be an obvious physical attraction aka chemistry that trumps the rest but Caila is a poor choice because she offers no mystery, no allure, no hidden danger that men think they will be able to navigate and win.  Yes, it's about winning.  This is a competition no matter how many people attempt to pretend that it isn't.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 1

I don't find J. Rodgers at all attractive.  Talk about looking like he's "ON" all the time.  Every photo is going to show some sort of goofy pose or exaggerated facial expression.  Those get really old really fast.  And what does he actually do for a living?  I'll bet he's some sort of "sales" rep.  

He's a fail for me.  And I hate that kind of floppy hair.  

Next!  *LOL*

Interesting tweet from RealitySteve...

RealitySteve ‏@RealitySteve  3h3 hours ago

Rumors circulating. Trying to get confirmation. Will let you know as soon as I do.

I went to look at that other spoiler board after seeing this tweet and apparently JoJo was spotted flying to LA a few days ago (too early for the ATFR) and has been pretty silent since. The rumor is that they flew her in early to secretly film her Bachelorette intro package while using the Caila leak as a smokescreen. They also found Caila's LinkedIn page which states that she started a new job in March 2016, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense if she's going to take a 3 month leave of absence immediately. Personally, I'm praying that this rumor is true. Caila's pretty, but she doesn't have a commanding presence and she's extremely fake and flighty. I doubt she'd be able get multiple guys to fight over her. 

Edited by dom16

Well, now someone on that board is saying that their own sources have confirmed The Bachelorette is definitely JoJo. I don't know how reliable they are, but it definitely makes more sense than the producers choosing someone that 95% of the audience dislikes just for the sake of diversity. And deliberately leaking Caila to US Weekly to stir up fans only to then go for the girl that everyone actually wants sounds like a Fleiss-like dick move. I expect Steve to "exclusively" announce the change in lead on Twitter tomorrow.

I just hope all the folks exhorting how incredible JoJo will be over Caila remember how many folks were just so convinced that Kaitlyn would be the BEST.BACHELORETTE.EVER.  *LOL*

Too bad for Caila if it's true, I like her.  

• Love 4

If the switch has been made and it is indeed JoJo, I wonder if social media played a part!??   Reality steve says it doesn't but I can't help to think Fleiss had to see the tons of posts on twitter that were extremely negative towards Caila, way more so than any other potential lead contestant.  

I feel bad for Caila that they actually filmed her intro;  guess she can call Arie to see how he got over doing the same thing and then not be cast.

I just hope all the folks exhorting how incredible JoJo will be over Caila remember how many folks were just so convinced that Kaitlyn would be the BEST.BACHELORETTE.EVER.  *LOL*

Too bad for Caila if it's true, I like her.  

Well as far as I can tell, JoJo doesn't have a drinking problem. She also has a college degree, and a she seems aware of the Bachelor rules, since she asked Ben if he's allowed to say ILY. On top of that she has a brother who's been the lead of a similar show, so hopefully he can give her some sound advice. Seems to me like she's one of the most prepared leads they've had. Hopefully she can keep it together at least somewhat under pressure. Who knows, but I'm sure she'll do a better job than Caila.

For the record, I don't think Caila was ever a real option, just a red herring. JoJo's part of the F2, so they had to distract people somehow. Mike Fleiss has been toying with the fans on Twitter, dropping hints that it's Caila just to get them riled up. I knew it would end in a "Gotcha!".

• Love 4

I would be very happy if I were Ben and especially Lauren.  It takes JoJo out of picture entirely and on her way to find someone for herself, if only for a few months.  It will relieve any tension should that exist.    

• Love 2
(edited)

It could be the social media impact, if it is indeed JoJo over Caila.  They've never strayed much from the formula of 30 seasons, so to see them now seemingly give a crap about what the public thinks is strange.  But only the Tweeting and Instagraming public, because not every fan is on social media.  So they actually only give a crap about part of their audience.  No surprise there. 

I give Reality Steve a pass because no matter what, he's always more right than wrong.  And he always amuses me.  :-)

It really doesn't matter, because whichever little puppet they choose will hopefully bring some decent looking guys to watch!

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

So if it does end up being JoJo, wonder if her brothers will be brought in earlier to mix things up than the last episode since they were such a big part of her hometown date and got people talking.  

And I too don't mind that Reality Steve might have gotten this wrong as he still gets most things right.  Though I do understand that his style isn't for everyone.  

• Love 1

RS has a good track record;  I have no problem with him. 

I think production looks first if the bachette can carry the season.  That is JoJo and not Caila.  I don't think they looked further than who is capable.  I doubt they ever considered Caila.  

• Love 1

I've been the #1 exhorter of JoJo-will-be-incredible, and I knew (and posted 999999 times) that Kaitlyn would be horrible. Time to quote myself (from the Bachelor spoilers thread).

January 19:

My hopes for JoJo as TBette 12 are still alive.

January 26:

The "F2 curse" will be lifted. It's JoJo's birthright to be the next Bachelorette.

And this same genius prophet madman is saying JoJo will be incredible.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 5
(edited)

And this same genius prophet madman is saying JoJo will be incredible.

Well of course Bugs, because you are the genius prophet madman and not the unwashed internet masses, I will actually believe.  But only because it's you!

I'm ok with JoJo, though I still think she's a bad actress and not terribly interesting.  But it sounds like they'll have to actually talk about the time delays, in that the finale was shot over 4 months ago, so of course she's over the heartbreak that the audience just watched on screen. 

They've never before referred to that, even though most people of average intelligence know that final ceremony didn't just happen last week and the final 2 girl isn't still consumed with grief & betrayal.   Then the whole "Voila! She's also the new Bachelorette" doesn't look so strange.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

Yay for JoJo being the next Bachelorette!!   I think on paper her season has everything to be a great season as I can see lots of the guys being into her and wanting to "win".     And I plan on watching!

And I just read RS new blog and I thought he handled being wrong about who the next lead will be pretty well and I don't think it will hurt his credibility as he still got all of this season right.

• Love 3

Agree, Cindy.  I think I said a while back that I wouldn't watch if it was JoJo, but who am I kidding....  ;-)  I'll be there as usual.

Steve always takes responsibility for what he posts.  And hell, anybody who's ever turned in a work project thinking it's perfect and then sees that stupid typo on page 22 knows that as often and as thoroughly as we verify and check, it's impossible to be flawless every time.

• Love 1

I wish Ben had seen Mandi's audition video.  I think he would have kept her if he'd been able to view that masterpiece.  One of the funniest things I've ever seen relating to this show!  

So far I've seen the following tweet out love for JoJo as the Bachelorette:

Juan Pablo

Josh Murray

Random Saints football player Obum Gwacham 

And we all know that she is ole Nick's favorite so Fleiss has a ton of possibilities to go with Jordan Rogers.   

I'll watch because I always watch, but I am completely unexcited about JoJo as the bachelorette. I find her slightly boring, don't find her more than averagely attractive & her family creeps me out a bit. Additionally I used to have a dog named JoJo & hearing the name reminds me of a trouble making poop eater.

• Love 3

I SERIOUSLY doubt Josh Murray would go back on.  He's the original "Brother of an NFL Player" and no way he'd play second-fiddle to Jordan Rogers, as Aaron Rogers is way more famous and talented than Aaron Murray.  I adore Josh, but he was just on another reality show, "Famously Single" that's filmed, but won't air until later this year I think. 

I'm betting Jordan Rogers isn't the only guy stunt cast for Jo's season. Maybe Jared from Kaitlyn's?  Cupcake would be great, but he has an actual real job & I don't think he's into going back.  

I'd love to see Chris Bukowski again, just for laughs.  

That Chad looks like a tool.  3 of them are pretty cute, then there's the desperate-for-validation little bro of Aaron Rodgers.  Any time an athlete can't get women on their own, I get suspicious.  I still can't figure out what he does for a living.  JoJo is going to expect a guy to bring some income to the table!

• Love 2

No clue to what Jordan Rodgers does for a living either.   Maybe he's hoping to get noticed by ESPN to get a talking head position on one of their football shows.  Being on the show (as the lead) worked out well for Jesse Palmer and his TV career.   Who knows with Jordan as right now I think he has been cast as one of the potential next Bachelor.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1
(edited)

I still think Jordan is Josh Murray 2.0 (But not as attractive). Josh did it first, so somebody like Jordan coming behind just looks lame to me.    And he's a personal coach.  Gee, isn't that unique.  He is cute, but that hair is going to annoy me.  But it's true, he could go all the way to #2 now and then get the lead.  JoJo re-set the standard, so we could be seeing him on TV for the next year.  

Poor Nick Viall.  He must realize by now that he totally wasted his big redemption shot by trolling Kaitlyn instead of waiting for JoJo.  He's used merchandise now, and I can't see the producers bringing him back a 3rd time.  But I guess he had to take his next shot after he flamed out with Andi. Now hopefully he'll fade back into nothingness where he belongs.  Or maybe they'll let him back on again and he can become the running gag that C. Bukowski is.  No telling what these folks will do!

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

So, I live in the middle of nowhere in southwestern Pennsylvania, and the word around town is that they're filming at least part of the new season at a well known, posh resort nearby.  Filming starts the first week of April.  Should be interesting, because it's kind of between seasons here- too warm for skiing and snow stuff, too cold for water and boating.  I may have to find some time to lounge around up there and see if I can see anything interesting...

• Love 3

Poor Nick Viall. He must realize by now that he totally wasted his big redemption shot by trolling Kaitlyn instead of waiting for JoJo. He's used merchandise now, and I can't see the producers bringing him back a 3rd time. But I guess he had to take his next shot after he flamed out with Andi. Now hopefully he'll fade back into nothingness where he belongs. Or maybe they'll let him back on again and he can become the running gag that C. Bukowski is. No telling what these folks will do!

Personally I don't think Nick is enough of a grown ass man to fill the Chris Bukowski position. I'm not so secretly hoping that Chris appears on BIP again. Because Bachelor gigs are his jam, right?
  • Love 4

Personally I don't think Nick is enough of a grown ass man to fill the Chris Bukowski position. I'm not so secretly hoping that Chris appears on BIP again. Because Bachelor gigs are his jam, right?

Absofrickinlutely!  *LOL*  I actually adore Bukowski at this point and think he's hilarious.  I was actually sad for him that he didn't get to hook up with anybody this last jaunt to BIP.  He bagged Elise on the first season, but that was just a fast hookup and he didn't even get a chance this past season.  If we don't see CB again, I hope they let Mikey T. have another shot.  He's a sweetheart.  

JoJo's ex Chad can only be a contestant if they find a 3rd Chad.  3 or more is the rule now for any multiple names.  We would also accept Chadd, Chaaad or Chd.  

• Love 4

Oh I almost forgot about Mikey T. I want him back too! He is such sweet, dorky fun. And like you, leighdear, I love me some CB. I think he gets the ridiculousness of it all now & fully dives in to the crazy.

I like the three Chad idea. (And a Chd would be too funny.) I'd like all three to have a last name starting with the same letter so it can't be Chad B. & Chad R., etc., but JoJo has to either say their full name or come up with some ridiculous nickname. Suggestions; Chaddy, Chazer, Chadless, Chad Man, The Chad, & Chad 1, 2 & 3. I'd suggest Hanging Chad but I fear the guys would think that implied some sort of prior knowledge from JoJo about that Chad's assets & a Chad measuring contest might break out.

• Love 1

So, I live in the middle of nowhere in southwestern Pennsylvania, and the word around town is that they're filming at least part of the new season at a well known, posh resort nearby.  Filming starts the first week of April.  Should be interesting, because it's kind of between seasons here- too warm for skiing and snow stuff, too cold for water and boating.  I may have to find some time to lounge around up there and see if I can see anything interesting...

Can you tell us which resort? That must be the location RS was referring to, since he said it's a place no one would guess (or something like that). You have a chance to beat him to the punch!

(edited)

Reality Steve posted this yesterday morning:

At the end of this month (I’m hearing around the 27th or 28th), they will be lodging at the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. Going by their shooting schedule, that would put filming in Pennsylvania around episode 4.

He also added this: 

In addition, one place I heard a date will be while in Pennsylvania is at Kennywood Amusement Parks. Kennywood is actually closed to the public until May. Whoa lookie here, the day Kennywood opens back up fully to the public happens to be the day the “Bachelorette” premieres on May 23rd. What a coincidence. Anyway, the date at Kennywood would open for just JoJo and her date(s) for that day.

Edited by leighdear

Is it just me, or does a date at an empty amusement park sound kind of creepy? For me, a huge part of the fun is the energy of the crowd. I feel similarly about dates at empty sports or music venues.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2
(edited)

I remember Sean and AshLee had a Six Flags date with 2 little girls that were cancer patients, and I seem to remember they cleared the park for them, for at least a few hours.  It's hard to keep people away from them in places like that, but it does still come off as strange.  

Mike Fleiss Tweeted last night that JoJo's first night went well and of course, there was kissing!

Edited by leighdear

Oh I almost forgot about Mikey T. I want him back too! He is such sweet, dorky fun. And like you, leighdear, I love me some CB. I think he gets the ridiculousness of it all now & fully dives in to the crazy.

I like the three Chad idea. (And a Chd would be too funny.) I'd like all three to have a last name starting with the same letter so it can't be Chad B. & Chad R., etc., but JoJo has to either say their full name or come up with some ridiculous nickname. Suggestions; Chaddy, Chazer, Chadless, Chad Man, The Chad, & Chad 1, 2 & 3. I'd suggest Hanging Chad but I fear the guys would think that implied some sort of prior knowledge from JoJo about that Chad's assets & a Chad measuring contest might break out.

There's always Hanging Chad (memories of the 2000 presidential election).

• Love 1