Type keyword(s) to search

Young And Hungry - General Discussion

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

I missed this show. It was nice to have it back and I thought the premier was hilarious. Between Josh taking pictures of his junk, to Sophie acting all crazy about her crush, I couldn't stop laughing. Hopefully the rest of the season is just as strong.

• Love 3

I loved this episode. The valentine's confusion was hilarious and I loved seeing Betty White!! I wish she'd come back for more episodes. Also enjoyed the bit with the stripper, heh.

• Love 2

I'm getting tired of Gabby constantly meddling in everyone's lives. It's just so ridiculous and over the top.

Not sure how I feel about the whole Josh/daddy thing.

I was kind of sad Yolanda didn't get to keep the cruise tickets and Sophia was hilarious in her scout's uniform and fake grill, heh.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:49 PM, jewel21 said:

I'm getting tired of Gabby constantly meddling in everyone's lives. It's just so ridiculous and over the top.

Not sure how I feel about the whole Josh/daddy thing.

I was kind of sad Yolanda didn't get to keep the cruise tickets and Sophia was hilarious in her scout's uniform and fake grill, heh.

"It's in your back pocket."

I wish they would've just combined Y&H with Y&S after Y&S didn't get a pickup. The wage bill would've been balanced since the established cast wouldn't be in as many espisodes and the new cast would be cheaper. Also would add a variety of storylines that can be seen as opposed to just told.

• Love 1

This show has really gone downhill. It went from a "watch live", to "watch recorded but in the same night" to a "watch recorded sometime that week" for me.  Why does every story line have to be so over the top?  I'd like to see more of Sofia trying to date, or Gabby cooking for Josh's important business friends and fucking something up, and of course, more of Yolanda and Elliot's relationship. 

• Love 1
On 5/2/2017 at 4:05 PM, saratothej said:

This show has really gone downhill. It went from a "watch live", to "watch recorded but in the same night" to a "watch recorded sometime that week" for me.  Why does every story line have to be so over the top?  I'd like to see more of Sofia trying to date, or Gabby cooking for Josh's important business friends and fucking something up, and of course, more of Yolanda and Elliot's relationship. 

I'll honestly want less Yolanda and Elliot or at least add Alan to more episodes. I want to see more of Sofia's work and employees. The backdoor pilot was good and I was sad they didn't pick it up.

I really enjoyed last night's episode. Betty White is hilarious and it was wonderful having her back. And I loved that Carl Reiner was her beau. Can you believe he's 95?

Yolanda walking about with those boots was hilarious, as well as Elliot clutching the tote.

The marriage thing was weird. Elliot is still married to Allen so I guess it's void anyway.

I know, I just keep shaking my head at this show. Is it too much to ask that they hook up Josh and Gabby for half a season before throwing some wrench in their relationship? It's gone from frustrating to ridiculous. I wish they had renewed Baby Daddy instead of this show.

• Love 1

Emily Osment has posted online that there are 10 more episodes remaining in Season 5 that will air sometime in 2018, but she doesn’t know when. She also posted about a CBS pilot for another comedy that she’s starring in this pilot season. That leads me to believe that there won’t be a Season 6 and the actors are pursuing other projects. 

That makes me really sad but I'm also not surprised. The show just kind of disappeared and I'm not seeing any promotion for it. Too bad, because it was charming and still had a lot of life in it, just like "Baby Daddy."

• Love 1

This show came back last night with two episodes. I really enjoyed them and had forgotten just how much I liked this little show. I'll be sad when it's over. I'm happy Gabby and Josh are finally together. Sophia and Gabby's apartment was terrifying. No wonder Josh tried to upgrade it. I laughed when Sophia was clinging to the fridge while it was being wheeled away, heh. I can't wait until next week. 

• Love 3

I really hate the trope that all men want is sex all the time and if we go one day without wanting to have sex it somehow means that we are not as attracted to our girlfriends/wives or that there is some kind of issue with the relationship.  I know women are sexualized so early and "conditioned" by society that pretty much all guys want to sleep with them at every minute of their lives from a teen on so if they don't there must be an issue but it just reeks of insecurity when it comes up on shows which it does on pretty much every single show at some point.  It is a bad look for both sexes.

• Love 2

I agree but I still found it amusing that Gabby was convinced that Josh preferred to have sex with himself. All the misunderstanding and double entendres made me laugh. This show can be frustrating but I will definitely miss it when it's gone. 

• Love 1

Don't get me wrong it makes me laugh too.  It is just tired and done in almost every sitcom that has a relationship at some point.

I will also miss it.  it is dumb for sure but the cast has good chemistry and no matter how stupid the writing is, the actors commitment to the jokes make it funny.

• Love 3

Looks like they are setting it up for Sophia to be with the new attorney guy at the end. I’m glad they are finally giving her someone stable to date. The actress’s real life husband played one of her love interests at the beginning of this back half of the season. He was the guy that had the ex who suddenly decided they wanted to get back together with him. 

I’m glad that Gabby and Josh are finally together and learning to better communicate. 

All the Yolanda and Elliott storylines just feel annoying and cringeworthy. 

Gabby has always been a little ditzy and self centered but I never thought she was a complete moron until the Mexico episode. Thinking it would be no big deal to smuggle a person across the border is just too dumb.

• Love 2

Yes, next week is the series finale. Too bad because I thought this season had improved on previous seasons now that they no longer have to come up with contrived reasons to keep Josh and Gaby apart.

• Love 3

I agree. Since getting together, the show has been stronger and way more interesting. They really should have put Gaby and Josh together sooner rather than drag it out for how many seasons. 

• Love 2

I had no idea the cast and crew thought they'd get another season when it was announced this was the last season of the show so imagine my surprise when the last  episode ended with Gabby proposing and then faded to black before Josh could answer. Ugh!

On one hand, I'm a hopeless romantic who likes the idea of a movie so we could see Gabby and Josh get married but on the other hand, I'm also fine with just using the power of my imagination to believe that after a little more convincing, Josh agreed to marry Gabby and he moved to Seattle with her (and then after a few years they moved back to San Francisco and bought a house next to Sofia and Nick).

• Love 1

Since Josh works from home and works the tech field, wouldnt Seattle be just as good a fit for him?  Lots of techies in Seattle, right?  I mean it is right below San Fran regarding tech jobs.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 3:26 AM, Unclejosh said:

Since Josh works from home and works the tech field, wouldnt Seattle be just as good a fit for him?  Lots of techies in Seattle, right?  I mean it is right below San Fran regarding tech jobs.

He's rich and self-employed. I didn't get his personal struggle - he can, and should move wherever Gaby needs to be.

They should have gotten a season 6. I don't know what is up with this network cancelling all their good shows: Baby Daddy, Melissa and Joey, and now Young and Hungry. All I know is they better make that TV movie. 

• Love 2

Freeform seems like it wants be known for its dark teen dramas and eliminated most of their sitcom line-up.  It's short-sighted, as a good network should have a variety of shows in different formats.

• Love 1