Type keyword(s) to search

Young And Hungry - General Discussion

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Am I the only one watching and enjoying this show?

The season premiere aired last night and I loved it! I don't even know where to talk about it as there isn't an episode thread but I would love to discuss it.

I'm watching too!  I actually really love this show.  I started an All Episodes talk thread since it doesn't seem like the single ep ones do too well.  

The one thing I'm not too happy about with this show is that Gaby and what's his face couldn't stay just friends.  I hate that a relationship between the main characters is always the end game.  Men and women can exist with getting involved.

• Love 1

I thought this week's episode was hilarious! The numbing spray, the S&M, haha. I'm happy to see Josh and Gabby finally trying to make it work, and Sophia and Josh's brother are hot together. I'm excited for this season.

I really liked the latest episode.

Yolanda freaking out that she was pregnant and everyone bursting into laughter was hilarious. And then her finding out she was in menopause was golden.

I loved Gabby and Josh's date and the whole bird bit. I particularly enjoyed her anger and the fact that she was going to step up and care for the bird herself after the animal hospital refused to. I worked at a bird and exotic animal hospital and it's true, we can't treat wild birds.

I even liked that she had brought back a heat lamp to care for the pigeon.

What can I say? I love animals, heh.

And, I'm glad Sophia told Gabby about sleeping with Josh's brother. I would have hated if that secret was dragged out all season.

• Love 1

Man, I don't know what they're doing to Jonathan Sadowski's styling this year, but the age difference between him and Emily Osment seems extra apparent to me this season. I feel like they've had better chemistry in seasons past? I don't know, there have been a couple of moments where they've seemed more brother/sister than boyfriend/girlfriend.

Last night's episode was a good one, for me. It had lots of charm, which is when this show does its best stuff. I find that I don't need a ton of Sophia, but I like her with Yolanda and Elliott.

I wish the writers would make up their damn minds. If Gaby and Josh are going to be together, just have them together without any of these stupid obstacles. And if they're not, let them be friends, because males and females can just be friends. I'm over all this angst stuff.

Loved the scenes with Sophia, Yolanda, and Elliot, especially at the end when they showed more phot age from the hidden cameras.

Also thought Josh's mom was hilariously messy.

• Love 2

Great episode, but I agree about the Gabby and Josh comments. If they're supposed to be together, then let them be together. It's been what, four episodes now and still nothing? I know the writers are trying to create "drama" but after all this time, let them just be a couple. At least for awhile before you start trying to tear them apart. It's kind of annoying.

I really enjoyed the Yolanda, Elliot and Sophia B-plot. The footage of them drunk in the movie theater was hilarious.

Also, the actor playing Gabby's dad seemed too young to be her actual father. It was jarring.

I kind of grew up with Jerry O'Connell and remember him from some show where he was a teen and had super powers. I think I'm just realizing I'm getting old, heh.

I want to comment on this week's eppy but I'm drawing a blank on what happened.

I have to agree with the Josh and Gabby critique.  I like this show, or did, but it completely lost me these last handful of episodes with more angst for no reason.  I don't care if Josh and Gabby are together or not, but just pick a route and stick to it.  The show literally got them together for like 3 episodes, where they basically just fought over stupid stuff the whole time, and then broke them up over something stupid.  If they were going to do that then why the heck did they spend so much time finally getting them together?  I get having real drama and some angst, but now the writers are just creating stupid obstacles that make no sense because they have it in their minds that their needs to be constant drama.  The show is funny enough on its own that its not necessary.

• Love 1

I agree with your whole post spanana.

I wasn't thrilled with this latest episode. Although the secondary cast continues to delight, the whole Gabby and Josh drama is stupid and annoying. I'm mad they're broken up mostly because I feel like the writers wasted our time in making us believe they were finally going to be together.

And I liked Sophia and Josh's brother together. But, of course, the writers had to mess up that relationship too because it's apparently more funny to have Gabby and Sophia simultaneously crying over the Kaminski brother. *yawn*

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. It felt like the show was back to its old form.

I thought the whole powerball story line was hilarious and was just as upset that the ticket burned. Although I laughed when Gabby's douche date got struck by lightening while holding the ticket. It was highly amusing if not over the top.

But of course, Gabby finally realizes she wants to wait for Josh to work through his issues, just as Josh kisses his therapist. Le sigh. Will these two never get it together?

I just can't with Josh.  He is seeing a therapist to help with his commitment issues with Gabby and then kisses her?  Really Josh.  Since we did not see the aftermath of the kiss, I am hoping Josh ends it with "Well I felt nothing" and then looks into finding a MALE therapist.

These stupid roadblocks are really beginning to piss me off.  Its worth then the problems with Danny and Riley on Baby Daddy

Edited by Aliconehead
  • Love 1

It is getting overly ridiculous.

Funny you should mention Baby Daddy. For years I wanted Danny and Riley together, and now they are a couple, they're the most boring thing ever. It's like the show doesn't know how to write for a character once they're in a relationship. Maybe that's the issue Young and Hungry's writers are having as well.

I'm over it. Who in they're right mind would not be freaked out if his therapist got on a plane to try to be with you. No , let's just sit at the bar and have drinks with you sort of stalker while she carasses your leg. That makes sense. It's drama for drama sake and it's annoying.

• Love 2

I too was disappointed in the finale.

I don't know why the writers insist on keeping these two apart. And for the dumbest reasons.

Stop with the games, stop with the pointless drama and just get on with it.

Also, that Shrink showing up on the plane like that was super creepy. But whatever, Josh. Be an idiot.

The B-Plot was great though. I love Yolanda so much.

• Love 1

I actually liked this episode. I thought Gabby on her faux honeymoon was funny and I like that Josh finally realized that he wanted to be with Gabby.

Unfortunately, Gabby then kissed her faux husband. Which in one sense is annoying because I would actually like to have Gabby and Josh together for more than 30 seconds at a time. On the other hand, I feel it's time for Josh to squirm a bit after all he put Gabby through.

And I liked Sophia dancing around her apartment.

• Love 2

And here they go again with this will they or won't they be together bullshit!  I also enjoyed this episode up until the very end, when they made it clear that they want to continue creating these complications for Gaby and Josh.  But I otherwise really love this show and will of course continue to watch while ignoring the relationship nonsense.

Also, I completely didn't realize that there was another Ritter son who acted out there, and spent the entire episode wondering when Jason Ritter got so skinny.

• Love 3

Ugh.  Here we go again.  It was pretty striking when Gabi mentioned that it had been 2 years since she and Josh slept together and then later she laid out all the things that have happened that have kept them apart.   I realize the show is trying to preserve its central romantic conflict, but it's long since become an issue of diminishing returns.   And considering the BS with Josh and his commitment issues, as cute as they are, I don't really necessarily want to see them together anymore.  

• Love 2

I definitely agree. I remember wanting Gabby and Josh together so badly in the beginning, but honestly, I'm over them now. The fact that it's been two years of mix-ups and commitment issues and non-stop obstacles has just left me annoyed and frustrated.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:55 PM, DucksFlyTogether said:

Crap, jumping the shark already with a teenager.  That bombed so hard on Melissa and Joey.

I'm really hoping we don't see much of that kid cause the character was annoying and the actress is awful.

Looks like this episode is a backdoor pilot.  If it gets picked up, I hope the focus is more on Sofia than it is on Logan.  And also, that they don't lose the interactions that happen between Sofia and Gaby, because that's one of the best parts of this show.

• Love 2

I dont know how I feel about the "pilot".  It wasn't that funny and was missing the heart of what makes Young & Hungry enjoyable as fluffy as it is.  Plus less Sofia on Y&H cannot be a good thing.

• Love 2
(edited)

As much as I like Aimee Carrero (and Pinkston, too), I liked this setup better when it was called Supergirl (bitchy boss mispronouncing her assistant's first name included). Not a fan of that backdoor pilot, as you can guess, especially since the plot was pretty much by the book, and been there seen that.

Edited by Kaoteek
  • Love 1

Comedy pilots are always kinda bad and I don't think either main female will be solely on their show as they will be in different production cycles for different airing cycles.

I disagree. Precocious kids are worse than teens (unless the teen is Urkel from Family Matters). I don't have a problem with the new daughter as long as they don't have her take over the show.

• Love 1