Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live Past Seasons

• Start Topic

Well, so much for the "Jennifer Lopez / Josh Lucas should date" idea.  Andy brought it up last night and she did not seem into it.  At all.  I don't know if JLo is some kind of hypnotist or sorceress, but she absolutely charms the hell out of this straight middle aged white woman.  I find her to be absolutely ethereal, adorable, fun and mesmerizing, and if I could please be reincarnated as her in my next life, that would be super.

• Love 6

Well, so much for the "Jennifer Lopez / Josh Lucas should date" idea.  Andy brought it up last night and she did not seem into it.  At all.  I don't know if JLo is some kind of hypnotist or sorceress, but she absolutely charms the hell out of this straight middle aged white woman.  I find her to be absolutely ethereal, adorable, fun and mesmerizing, and if I could please be reincarnated as her in my next life, that would be super.

I saw the interview.  I didn't quite read her response to Andy's question about Josh Lucas as not being into it.  All she said was "I don't know..."    (And then Andy immediately steered her into talking about Pitbull.)  I sensed some hesitation in her voice, but that could be for a variety of reasons.   What I took from that and from her tone is that there is more to it, or she, rightly so, wasn't going to delve into all of it on WWHL.   There could be lots of reasons for not saying more about Josh Lucas, but I didn't get a clear "not into it" vibe from what she said or from her facial expression. 

JLo is a great guest on WWHL -- which I never would have expected prior to her previous appearance.  She is a lot of fun, and she is just open enough to make it seem like she is revealing details when she answers questions, but she doesn't reveal everything.  (By the way, Jennifer Garner must loooooove the fact that two of Ben Affleck's famous ex-girlfriends and/or fiancees have been answering questions about their time with her husband in interviews lately!)

Not to mention... JLo is a beautiful woman.  Her face is stunning.  Great skin.  Great features.  When Andy asked her if she would ever get work done, I wanted to clobber him on the head.  "No, Andy!  Don't give her any ideas!  She is in her mid-40s and she doesn't need to have any work done!  Hush!"  Fortunately, it seems as if she is not in a hurry to race to the plastic surgeon.

• Love 2

I loved JLo too; I loved her response to the question about Affleck's nude scene in Gone Girl.  I had to pause it for laughing so much, unexpectedly.  I really never knew she was so witty IRL.  But I do have a soft spot for her since she was in one of my favorite Soderberg movies, Out of Sight.

• Love 3

Did you guys take the Britney answer from J.Lo as a dig? She had just said not to read too much into her facial expressions, and then the internet had gifs everyone like J.Lo was making fun of Britney for not dancing. I feel like J.Lo isn't really aware that Britney spends most of her Vegas show moving her arms.

Oh and what did she say about Ben Afflecks nude scene? I must have switched at that point.

She said something along of the lines of that she was familiar with it/she has seen it all before. I don't remember the exact phrasing.

I didn't think she was making fun of Britney.

Can we talk about the man candy that was behind the bar Sunday night? The football player, Mychal Kendricks. Hot damn, he was delicious! More of that please, Andy!!

• Love 1

I personally interpreted it as a dig at Mariah as well. Those two have a well-documented "rivalry," so I was not surprised she chose Britney.

I'm curious if anyone actually enjoys Whitney Cummings. While less obnoxious than Chelsea Handler, it was so irritating how she kept interrupting Eileen Davidson with low-hanging one-liners. If you're going to constantly cut someone off, at least be clever about it.

• Love 4

Up until last night's WWHL, I hadn't been annoyed by Whitney.  I don't know that I would call myself a fan, necessarily, but she has done a few entertaining roasts and interviews here and there.  I didn't dislike her.

However, I don't know what was going on with Whitney last night.  Not only did she keep interrupting Eileen -- during Eileen's very first appearance on WWHL -- but she was physically leaning into her personal space as well.   I can't recall who the co-guests were the last couple of times Whitney was on WWHL, but I don't remember her acting like that with them.  I don't know if she had been drinking or what was happening, but it came across as very off-putting.  Eileen was trying to be a good sport about it and laugh it off, but I don't think she was digging it.  Poor Eileen -- she joins RHoBH and has a drink thrown in her face (for no reason) by Brandi, and now she is trying to answer questions on WWHL, only to have Whitney dominating each segment.

Eileen had a major relationship with Jon Voight many years ago.  I was hoping someone would have asked about that.  Also, Eileen married into the Van Patten family -- who are very interesting in their own right.  Dick Van Patten was, of course, the dad on Eight is Enough.  Tim has become an esteemed director in TV (he's directed episodes of The Sopranos and other things).  And, of course, Vince (Eileen's husband) used to grace the pages of Tiger Beat magazine back in the day!!!  :-)  I would have liked to hear a bit about them as well. 

Tonight on WWHL, the guests were originally supposed to be John Mayer and Martha Stewart -- which would have been a great combo, if the John Mayer-Dan Rather pairing from a couple of years ago is any indication.  I am guessing they cancelled due to weather?  Drat!

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3

I personally interpreted it as a dig at Mariah as well. Those two have a well-documented "rivalry," so I was not surprised she chose Britney.

I'm curious if anyone actually enjoys Whitney Cummings. While less obnoxious than Chelsea Handler, it was so irritating how she kept interrupting Eileen Davidson with low-hanging one-liners. If you're going to constantly cut someone off, at least be clever about it.

Juvenile humor.  I doubt Eileen would have talked about Brandi at all but Whitney kept bringing it back.  Best way to address the scourge that is Brandi is to ignore it.

• Love 1

Whitney Cummings is excellent when she fills in for Kelly Ripa on Live but on WWHL, God she was annoying!

Then I find out she's very good friends with Chelsea Handler who was probably the bitchiest, off-putting guest Andy has ever had on. Poor Eileen could hardly get a word in. I can't stand when it's not an even balanced show with his guests. Jeff Lewis is a very dominant guest as well. Jeff and Whitney together could work but being that she was paired with Eileen, it didn't look good. Again, not sure if she even gave a shit being a friend of Chelsea's.

• Love 3

I've never enjoyed Whitney Cummings, but now I outright can't stand her.  She was so awful!  Not a single thing out of her mouth was funny, and yeah, stop trying to lean into the frame when it's Eileen's turn to speak, you desperate loser.  I have no understanding at all why she is "famous".  I've never heard a genuinely witty thing come out of her, ever.

• Love 5

I want to be friends with Cheri Oteri now.  She was fun to watch during the game because she seemed so competitive with it but not in a horrible way. Also, dang, they made her work on WWHL and Dylan (did he used to be married to Tori Spelling? Why do I think he was?) was barely acknowledging.

I want to be friends with Cheri Oteri now.  She was fun to watch during the game because she seemed so competitive with it but not in a horrible way. Also, dang, they made her work on WWHL and Dylan (did he used to be married to Tori Spelling? Why do I think he was?) was barely acknowledging.

Tori Spelling is married to Dean McDermott and they have many children.  Dean famously left his first wife and child for Tori, and in recent years he cheated on Tori too. 

Dylan McDermott (no relation to Dean) often gets confused with Dean, and also with Dermot Mulroney, because of the similar names.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Tori Spelling is married to Dean McDermott and they have many children.  Dean famously left his first wife and child for Tori, and in recent years he cheated on Tori too. 

Dylan McDermott (no relation to Dean) often gets confused with Dean, and also with Dermot Mulroney, because of the similar names.

Thank you for clarifying Sherry67! I thankfully pay very little attention to Tori. :)

• Love 1

Cheri was always one of my all time fave SNL cast members, but I heard rumblings that she was a horrible bitch with no goodwill in the industry, which is why I assume she did nothing after the show.  She cracked me up last night and Andy seems like a genuine fan!  Her facial work is scary though... she looks like Reba McEntire.

Weirdly, I expected to enjoy Hugh Grant and...didn't.  I've added him to my list of actors that I like onscreen but don't much care for in interviews.  Maybe he takes himself too seriously, or if he was trying to be funny his timing wasn't working for me. 

• Love 1

He hasn't been on my radar much since his hooker adventure long ago, but he seems to be a decade short of being a grumpy old coot but well on his way there.

It seems like he's decided he is who he is, take it or leave it.     I knew Andy would be swanning over him...and Hugh did his part as the guest but was having none of it, and I kind of enjoyed it.    He was there to promote his current film and that's it.  

I remember him as a fairly self-effacing young man, but he seems to have come a long way from those days.   (And I loved his simple "no" to the question of whether he keeps in touch with Julia Roberts.)

Honestly, I am not sure whether I loved this Hugh Grant appearance or hated it.   I want to like Hugh because he is funny, and I've enjoyed many of his movies -- or I've enjoyed Hugh being Hugh in the movies.

I thought it was very odd that Love, Actually -- a film that I think is talked about more frequently than Notting Hill or Four Weddings and a Funeral -- was never mentioned.  (I didn't watch the after-show, so I don't know if it was brought up then.)  True, Hugh was not the only star of that movie.  There were many stars and future stars (I'm looking at you, Andrew Lincoln and Chiwetel Ejiofor!), but he did have a big story line in the movie.  In fact, he was one of the most enjoyable characters to watch (his scene with his driver, singing "Good King Wenceslas" at the request of the lively children who answered the door, was hilarious). It made me wonder if Hugh hates Love, Actually and refused to talk about it.

The Hugh Grant that I remember from days of talk shows past was much more lighthearted in his befuddled, confused way.  He may have hated doing The Tonight Show -- especially right after the Divine Brown incident -- but he didn't really make it known that he did.  On Andy's show last night, I felt like Hugh was really not hiding the fact that he didn't want to be there.  I think that he humored Andy because of the Sarah Jessica Parker connection.   Hugh was a good sport, and he played along when he needed to.   He was even refreshingly honest at times, I think -- such as when asked if he liked "curvy" women.   Most celebrities would normally never give that kind of answer to that kind of question.

Something about Hugh seems to have changed over the years.  He may be getting less patient with having to do the whole interview thing, and he just doesn't feel like being adorable, charming, confused Hugh anymore, but would rather just be himself.  I don't know.  I can't tell what's going on with him, but it was fascinating (to me).

It can't have been easy for Andy to try to get Hugh to engage, but it had to have been easier than the infamous Scott Baio appearance of a few years ago  (Andy has said Scott was the worst celebrity guest who has been on the show).

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 2

Sherry67- What happened with Scott Baio? I never saw that episode.

(Sidenote: I think Jillian Michaels was another he said was awful and probably wouldn't have back on, although that sounded like it had more to do with her behavior with the staff.)

Sherry67- What happened with Scott Baio? I never saw that episode.

(Sidenote: I think Jillian Michaels was another he said was awful and probably wouldn't have back on, although that sounded like it had more to do with her behavior with the staff.)

I saw the Scott Baio WWHL episode but it must have been 3 years ago or more at this point, and I barely remember it.  I think that other things must have gone on behind the scenes, during breaks or before/after the show that the viewers were not privy to, because I don't recall thinking that the actual on-air stuff was all that painful.  Then again, Andy laughs and smiles at everything, so it's hard to tell what he is really thinking about a guest if the vibe has been awkward during the commercial breaks.

I remember that Scott was not the only guest.  There was a co-guest with him (and I am blanking out on who it was).  The other guest was sitting closest to Andy.   Scott was not necessarily the most forthcoming guest ever, but he didn't seem like the worst either.  He played one of the games with a good sense of humor.  I think he pled the Fifth on one question (can't recall which question it was).  He didn't seem to want to talk about his endless parade of famous ex-girlfriends (Pamela Anderson, Nicollette Sheridan, Heather Locklear, etc., etc., etc.) too much, though that it is a subject that comes up in any interview that Scott ever does with anyone, so I don't know why it would bother him that Andy wanted to know.

I do remember that Liza Minnelli was mentioned -- it is rumored that Scott and Liza once hooked up -- and that seemed to be something that made Scott uncomfortable on camera.  So I am wondering if, maybe, he bitched at Andy about it after the show was over.

Whatever happened with Scott Baio, Andy named him as the worst guest, and/or the guest that would never be back on the show, when he was asked about it in a couple of places (I don't know if the title of Worst Guest/Guest Who Will Never be Back on the Show has been stolen by anyone else by now).

I wonder if  Scott was awful with the staff, like Jillian was awful, too?  I didn't think Jillian seemed too miserable on the air, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes and how she treated people.

Edited by Sherry67

I remember the Baio episode as well.  He was being a pill. Thinks way too much of himself.  Whatevs.

Fast forwarded a bit of the Hugh Grant episode.  Can't stand Andy's little acting schtick.  He sucks and not in a funny way.  Grant also thinks a bit of himself and acts like it's a treat that he's there.  I do think part of it is his sense of humor but most of it is probably him being his assy self.

I read the comments here and then watched the Hugh Grant episode. I didn't think he was too bad. I do think he thinks a lot of himself. I think he was probably just a little bewildered at Andy's show. Andy's like a hyper 13 year old so he's probably exhausting to deal with for some people.

I agree though that SJP must have gotten him to do the show. I did like Hugh asking Andy about the FedEx guy - trying to turn the tables on him a little bit.

• Love 1

Andy asks Dakota Fanning who she'd get rid of on RHoBH.  She answers Brandi.  Andy clearly doesn't like that answers and aggressively asks her why.  Dakota seems taken aback and says, because Brandi is too aggressive?  for me?  on the show?

He really is like Wayne & Garth in his parents' basement.

• Love 3

And last night's episode with Jane Lynch and Josh Duhamel was the so awkward.  Anyone else uncomfortable watching?  Jane was constantly "on" and Josh looked pissed to be there.  It was weird.

Yup.

And Andy can stop with the gold star gay crap.  That's not really anything to high five over.  It diminishes the people who went on a journey to discover their sexuality.   He's such an ass.

• Love 5

He needs to stick to the pop culture trivia. His soapbox rants and attempts at being socially aware are always so disingenuous and hypocritical, like his rant about the HWs using the term "the gays." He cherry picks whenever to get up in arms about social injustice, and then he's way too fond of cutesy little labels that are at best insensitive and at worst offensive and retrogressive. 

• Love 6

Andy asks Dakota Fanning who she'd get rid of on RHoBH.  She answers Brandi.  Andy clearly doesn't like that answers and aggressively asks her why.  Dakota seems taken aback and says, because Brandi is too aggressive?  for me?  on the show?

He really is like Wayne & Garth in his parents' basement.

Wow! I didn't get that feeling at all!  

• Love 1
(edited)

When I saw that Anne was going to be a guest on WWHL, I wondered how it would go -- if she would be on her best behavior and overly-restrained, or if she was going to be the... um... slightly 'eccentric' Anne that pops up from time to time.   Now I know.

There are times and interviews in which Anne seems to be a little more, for lack of a better word, contained.  This was not one of those times.  She has a lot of hyper energy that seems to manifest in her speech.  She kept talking over Tim Daly and/or Andy during the final game, and she didn't seem to be able to find the groove or pace of the show.  It's as if someone told her in advance that it was a fun, loose, casual show, and she decided to go with it in her own unbridled way.

Of course, Andy didn't help matters any when he tried to ask Anne (in a roundabout way) about her previous "other language" and all of that.  He probably thought, "Well, she seems loose and fun so let me give it a shot," but it went nowhere and she clearly couldn't sum it up in 2 or 3 sentences.  It was an awkward moment that really didn't fit on that show.    You know that Andy probably really, really wanted to have Anne do Plead the 5th so he could sneak in some kind of Ellen DeGeneres question, but he must have been forewarned that it would not be a good idea and so he avoided it at all costs.

Tim Daly must have been wondering, "What in the hell did I get myself into..."

When thinking about it, I realize that Anne Heche has been in several shows or movies that I've watched and enjoyed.  I wonder if that means I am a fan?  I don't know if I enjoyed them because of her -- though she is intriguing -- or if I would have enjoyed them anyway, with another actress.  She was in the HBO series Hung, which I watched every week.  She did an interesting (quite naughty) movie with Ashton Kutcher called Spread, which was pretty good.    Anne was in one of the better Lifetime TV movies called Fatal Desire, with Eric Roberts (why do I have a feeling that those two wacky kids hated each other?).  She even did a rather pleasant, G-Rated, made-for-Hallmark Christmas movie called Silver Bells.  And her scenes in films with Harrison Ford and Alec Baldwin were not bad.

So I think that Anne is an interesting actress and person, but probably not a great WWHL guest.

Edited by Sherry67
(edited)

I hate to be mean, but can I just add that some of the callers to WWHL are insufferable?  I have thought this for years, but it seems to be getting on my nerves more often now. 

When Andy says "What's your question," it means get on with an actual question.  Don't stop to address every single person on the panel and tell them how much your son loves them, how cute you think Andy is, etc.  No one on that panel really cares.  Or, they might actually care -- but there is simply no time to delve into it and you're taking up time that could be allotted to other callers by inserting all of your thoughts. 

On shows like WWHL -- especially shows that are short and move quickly -- the screeners rush you along.  I have never called into that show, but I have called into other shows (and to radio shows) and the screeners urge you to get to the point right off the bat.  Unless they just have no one else calling in and need for something to happen, they will want to you to wrap it up almost as soon as you open your mouth.

Now if Andy presents an open-ended question such as "What are your thoughts on this, Caller?" -- then you have a bit of wiggle room to say more.  Otherwise, if Andy is having to prompt you -- two or three times -- to ask your question, which happens a lot on WWHL, it means you're not getting to the point in the time limit that you have... which is really only a few seconds.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 9

I thought that Liz was a good sport.  She looks good too -- while I do think she has had a small bit of work done on her face, it is not enough to have changed her overall look.  She still looks like herself, but an older version of herself.  The "work" that bothers me is when it causes otherwise attractive women to no longer look like themselves.

I think that Liz is involved with someone, but if she weren't I am guessing that Tony Danza could have charmed her into a dinner date.  If you look at her dating history, she doesn't seem to have a specific type (Hugh Grant looks nothing like Tom Sizemore, and neither man looks anything like the father of her child).  It would be an unexpected pairing, but not an impossible one.

Edited by Sherry67

I didn't get the appearance of Matchmaker Patti at all.  Um, Andy was actually nice to her.  What the what???  I thought he hated her guts.  Was he merely being his usual phony self again?  Does he produce her show & felt the need to promote her finale ep with Dina Lohan on Sunday nite?  Or did Bravo -- er, "encourage" him to promote her show & be nauseatingly phony-nice to her & fake being interested in her crap show?

Is it my imagination -- or does Andy lately seem to be ramping up on the non-stop annoying smiling?  Sheesh, I thought he was calming down on that shit.  Guess not.  That fakey/phony Joker-smile now seems to be permanently plastered on his ridiculously smug mug.  The constant smiling lately is making him look insane -- to me, at least.

And what's with these callers who go on & on & on endlessly & might I say -- uncomfortably, about how they luv, luv, luv Andy & think he is just soooo adorable and/or cute?  Ugh & puke.  Me thinks these annoying callers are encouraged to do this, cuz at 46, Andy wants this bullshit said & he wants it said badly.  

After all, he is trying to get those 20 year olds on Tinder.  Maybe promises of Gucci wallets, hundred dollar bills, or quick meetings with AC or SJP, or a cameo spot on a Housewives show, just ain't enough anymore for him to get those boys.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

After all, he is trying to get those 20 year olds on Tinder.  Maybe promises of Gucci wallets, hundred dollar bills, or quick meetings with AC or SJP, or a cameo spot on a Housewives show, just ain't enough anymore for him to get those boys.

Also, Instagram... 

After all, he is trying to get those 20 year olds on Tinder. Maybe promises of Gucci wallets, hundred dollar bills, or quick meetings with AC or SJP, or a cameo spot on a Housewives show, just ain't enough anymore for him to get those boys.

I always figured Andy to be a Grinder and Scruff kind of guy.

And what's with these callers who go on & on & on endlessly & might I say -- uncomfortably, about how they luv, luv, luv Andy & think he is just soooo adorable and/or cute?  Ugh & puke.  Me thinks these annoying callers are encouraged to do this, cuz at 46, Andy wants this bullshit said & he wants it said badly.  

I noticed this, too. It worse than ever. The callers must be coached to profess their Andy love by the people that screen the calls. There is no other explanation. I hate ass kissers.  

• Love 2
I always figured Andy to be a Grinder and Scruff kind of guy.

Andy openly discusses being on Tinder & I just saw him somewhere the other day (forget where, but he's such a big ole fame-ho, he'll appear on anything) & he said he's still on it.  I think he mentioned to Howard Stern why he had a pref for Tinder, but don't remember.  Maybe Tinder is kinda/sorta more "relationship-oriented"?  Yeah, right (suppressing giggles & chortles).

Also, Instagram...

Do people really meet on there?  I remember Ryan, Tamra's vile, worthless, rat-faced son, said he met his gun-toting sugar-momma on there.  But guys can meet on there too?  How interesting.  Well, now that Aaron Schock's Instagram account is private & he's not too busy these days (except for dealing with those pesky FBI investigators), maybe Andy should focus his sexual appetites on him.  I think they could both meet each other's wants & needs.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Andy openly discusses being on Tinder & I just saw him somewhere the other day (forget where, but he's such a big ole fame-ho, he'll appear on anything) & he said he's still on it. I think he mentioned to Howard Stern why he had a pref for Tinder, but don't remember. Maybe Tinder is kinda/sorta more "relationship-oriented"? Yeah, right (suppressing giggles & chortles).

Do people really meet on there? I remember Ryan, Tamra's vile, worthless, rat-faced son, said he met his gun-toting sugar-momma on there. But guys can meet on there too? How interesting. Well, now that Aaron Schock's Instagram account is private & he's not too busy these days (except for dealing with those pesky FBI investigators), maybe Andy should focus his sexual appetites on him. I think they could both meet each other's wants & needs.

What's it got to do with anything? Spying on people via the Internet is tacky, imo.

Andy puts his life out there, so I'm not seeing how "spying" is relevant in the least when discussing him.  I'm basing comments on watching him on this show & maybe his other Bravo shows (or interviews elsewhere) or what's on record of what he's said in his books, so what does this reference to "spying on people via the internet" mean?  Doesn't the whole idea of using Instagram completely negate any notion at all of spying?

What's it got to do with anything?

It has everything to do with who Andy is as a person & how he behaves on the show -- and the direction he takes the show.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Andy openly discusses being on Tinder & I just saw him somewhere the other day (forget where, but he's such a big ole fame-ho, he'll appear on anything) & he said he's still on it.  I think he mentioned to Howard Stern why he had a pref for Tinder, but don't remember.  Maybe Tinder is kinda/sorta more "relationship-oriented"?  Yeah, right (suppressing giggles & chortles).

Andy must be a real unlikeable tool in real life if out of all the celebrities and New Yorkers he knows, nobody has been able to successfully fix him up. He has to resort to a dating site? Not even his buddy Patti Stanger can help him ?