Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live Past Seasons

• Start Topic

I agree that Carol Burnett was a bit concerned about what the dog did to her. She touched her chin too many times to just be wiping away slobber. She is a very gracious guest; she played along with good humor all show long, even with the dog.

Yech! I didn't need to see Slimey Slade Smiley again. He was actually teasing a future what they did to my sack but it wasn't reversing the vasectomy show? What is it about these woman that attracts the likes of Slade, Brooks, Jim, etc?

• Love 1

Yech! I didn't need to see Slimey Slade Smiley again. He was actually teasing a future what they did to my sack but it wasn't reversing the vasectomy show? What is it about these woman that attracts the likes of Slade, Brooks, Jim, etc?

For real!!!

Gretchen STILL can't pronounce words correctly! You can't talk smack when the people have to decipher what you are trying to say!

I enjoyed Carol Burnett so much.  What a classy lady, and she sure still has her shit together after all these years.  Of course the dog jumped up when she did the Tarzan yell, he had done the same thing to Andy when he had made some other noise in the same general arena recently, which means he should have been holding the dog back while she was kind enough to honor his request.  Beagles respond to howling...DUH.  I didn't think she was concerned that her chin was bleeding, I think she was touching it like it felt like her makeup had gotten messed up by the slobber.  She was a really great sport about it. 

Gretchen and Slade were such a waste of an episode, I have to believe they are just eternally on standby in case both guests cancel and Andy is left with not even a NY or NJ housewife to fill in.

Loved Minnie Driver, she is fantastic and surprised me by being as candid as she was.  I enjoyed James Marsden, too, so tonight was fun for me.  It continues to irk me that Andy wastes time with interesting, fun, willing guests on those stupid games.  He's the boss, he should be able to decide on the spot if the show is going well enough to forego that crap.  Especially when he is the one trying to win the game and just uses the actual, legit, highly regarded actors as props, because he has to be the center of attention all the time.  God, Andy, sit the fuck DOWN already.

eta: I think the name of the goldfish is "Jugs".  Why does everything clubhouse related have to be so juvenile?

Edited by Irritable

Agreed. Minnie and James were both a lot of fun and pretty game to dish, so it was really annoying to see Andy waste time rambling about things like the poll and the games. Andy, you talk over guests who aren't good. Like Gretchen and Slade.

I completely agree about last night's show.  This was a perfect example of how certain guests (who have never been on the show) seem like they could be stuffy or boring, and then they turn out to be surprisingly fun, and up for whatever happens.  They don't have to be A-list names, although it helps (it's always fun seeing Liam Neeson go with the flow of WWHL and play along with the shenanigans).  They could be B-list and beyond.  If they are playful, upbeat, open and have a good sense of humor, it makes all the difference.  Another thing that makes a difference is when the 2 guests are willing to interact with each other.  Some guests seem like they could not be less interested in each other.  Minnie and James played off of each other nicely, as well as interacted with Andy very well.

I also agree that this was one of those situations when Andy should have chilled out a bit with the games (even though both guests were up for playing them).  Sometimes more games might be necessary if nothing else is happening, and sometimes fewer games are necessary -- or even no games for a night or two.  I think that "reading the situation" or feeling the mood/vibe from night to night is crucial, rather than sticking to some pre-planned agenda.  I don't mind "Outside the Actors Studio" and I didn't even mind that first game with Minnie (who would she rather get a lap dance from, etc.), but then it was overkill.

• Love 1
I think that "reading the situation" or feeling the mood/vibe from night to night is crucial, rather than sticking to some pre-planned agenda.

And that's why Andy will always suck at hosting, he lacks this very same intuition and the imagination to stray from the text.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3

Yes, but only when it's possible to be a goldfish activist by sending tweets of outrage from the comfort of one's own couch, or mom's basement dweling, or whatever... because there will always be those people out there who think the internet exists solely for them to complain in such a way that allows other people to see them complaining.  The goal isn't really to get an important opinion out there and save one damn goldfish from such horrific cruelty, it's to see their (fake) name out there, on twitter threads and in YouTube comments, throwing a fit about something, knowing that lots of strangers will witness their fit-throwing.   Even if the fit is only about a goldfish who is being abused because it lives in a goldfish bowl, where it is fed daily and is in no danger from predators.  And if what Andy said is true, that it normally lives in a large tank until show time, then it's actually one of the more privileged goldfish out there, but hey, by all means some people should get on a virtual soapbox about it!  I'm a big animal lover, but in my opinion, the only harm that was done to that fish was naming it Jugs.

Andy claimed that people were tweeting like crazy about how great it was having T.I. and Matthew Broderick on the show together, but all I saw was T.I. being a cool customer like he always is, and Matthew acting weird and uncomfortable.  He couldn't even offer any inflection when reading some of his old Ferris Bueller lines from a card, he just monotone-read his way through them like a 10 year old boy who is called upon to read in front of the class.  His outfit also looked really tight and confining, so maybe that was part of it - the bow tie was cutting off oxygen to his head or something.

• Love 6

Wow, I thought that Matthew Broderick and TI would be a good show. I confess to having a huge crush on TI, his teeth sparkle! His mocha skin so velvety! He actually saved the show with his low key charm b/c I guess Matthew Broderick decided to phone it in. Seemed like he felt like he was above it all. He must be a pretty good guy, after all SJP had some great men in the past and she ended up picking him. I can't understand the uncomfortable act, the guy's been in the business forever-he's not very bright though, making that remark about Helen Hunt getting drunk quickly and throwing up. I know she was a former girlfriend, and was'nt she with him when he got into that terrible car accident in Ireland years ago? Best not to talk shit about formers. Also, his outfit was boring, but next to the delectable TI, anyone would look ordinary.

• Love 1

I can't understand the uncomfortable act, the guy's been in the business forever-he's not very bright though, making that remark about Helen Hunt getting drunk quickly and throwing up. I know she was a former girlfriend, and was'nt she with him when he got into that terrible car accident in Ireland years ago? Best not to talk shit about formers.

Not sure if he ever dated Helen Hunt, but his girlfriend at the time of the accident was Jennifer Grey, who was with him in the car.

I agree, I did not get the Broderick/TI twitter lovefest. Matthew was uncomfortable and sightly boring. The game where both people answer at the same time is stupid because Andy just goes back to clarify each answer so it takes twice as long.

I also hate how Andy acts like a petulant child about some things - like the goldfish. "Well, if the people on twitter can't play nice with the goldfish then I'm taking it away!" Considering how he just lets his dog out to chew on everything on set, I'm not too confident the goldfish was taken care of properly. But I'm sure not going to waste any sleep or tweets about it.

I can see that Andy was going for another one of his "odd pairings" shows -- and sometimes those work well (John Mayer and Dan Rather), and sometimes they don't (like this one!).

Matthew has never been a lively, upbeat personality onscreen -- but he was better on his previous WWHL appearance than he was this time.  He just didn't seem to want to be there.  I like Andy most of the time, but I think Andy really threw him for a loop by bringing up Oscar de la Renta's death on the show (rather than during a break or something).  It was obvious that Matthew was trying to process that -- not just for himself, but because he knew SJP would be upset and he was most likely thinking about her.

I think it might have been Jennifer Grey that Matthew was with at the time of the car accident in Ireland, although he did date Helen too. 

James Marsden...call me!

I'm sorry, he can't come to the phone right now, he's unavailable (read: bound, gagged and stashed in my bedroom closet).  Please leave a message at the sound of the beep.  *beep*

Are there really goldfish activists out there?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

• Love 3

SJP and Mathew Broderick both act very awkward and nervous. It was one things that has always bugged me about SJP. I loved SATC but I avoided watching SJP when she won any award. Her nervous stammering came off as fake every time she won.

I missed what MB said about Helen Hunt and I didn't know they dated. Jennifer Grey was in the accident in Ireland with.

Edited by imjagain

Last night Andy tweeted that Renee Zellwegger was still trending late at night and that we should have something else to talk about.  I mean, come on, he is so full of shit, he asks every housewife to their face what they have had done and then asks them to move their forehead.  If a housewife had altered her face to an unrecognizable degree he would be all over it.

• Love 1

After watching last night's episode, which I enjoyed because I really like both Tom and Jenny, I kept laughing to myself. I was laughing because I assumed this board would be delighted by two things:

1. Andy skipped the game! Miracles do happen!
  2. Wacha bit Tom -- and drew blood. So many people complain about the dog being on set. I just thought if anything might make Andy or his bosses (because he isn't the head honcho of all of Bravo) rethink having Wacha on set, it would be him biting a guest AND drawing blood. I feel horrible for Tom. Not cool Andy and Wacha. As much as I adore dogs, it doesn't seem like the best atmosphere for him. Too much excitement with new people and lights and sounds, etc.
  • Love 3

Alan's story about Monica Lewinsky was so genuine and unexpected.

Antonio Sabato Jr. was enjoyable beyond being pretty. He seemed to understand the vibe of the show and rolled with the constant "you're hot" oogling. Joey McIntyre tried way too hard to be funny, and it grated. I detest when guests meander on their answers and then never actually offer up any dish. If you're gonna evade the question, be quick about it!

• Love 1

Hot in Cleavland stars Valerie, Jane & Wendie were on and as always they are a fun bunch. I have always thought Wendie was hot (and, nice & thin...yes, I'm shallow) and, I loved Valerie back in the day on ODAAT. I was never really into Jane but she was funny on Frasier. All in all, a good show. That said, Hot in Cleavland is an awful show & I'm amazed it's still on the air. That said Part II, Betty White is still awesome.

Valerie B grated.  She acted like she was past it all and didn't really answer any q's.  She seems like she'd be cool but then not quite. 

And to me, Lisa Kudrow plays the same part in every show.  Even her impressions all sounded the same.  It was nice seeing Martin Short look much healthier.  And I loved all the SCTV clips.

Enough with the ill behaved dog already though.  Now that he's nipped 2 guests, wonder if Andy will continue to be a hypocrite about Kim Richards dog?  (Kingsley is just as out of control, only scarier because he's a pit)

Nene is soooo insufferable. She is clearly doing damage control from her last appearance on the reunion where she was a bowl of sour grapes. I don't get Andy's obsession with her.

They should have made the drinking word Broadway. Who hired this woman for Broadway?!?

Also, why are we back to these cheesy bedazzled prizes? Can't they give away Bravo swag anymore? So embarrassing. And Andy's book is about to come out, so he'll be giving away a million copies and people that call-in will be oh-so-subtly hinting that they want a copy.

• Love 4

Has NeNe had a nose reconstruction? She looks very different to me and it's not just makeup. Plus, she looks as though she has a serious 5-o'clock-shadow. Her makeup artist needs to be fired. What is it with women shaving their faces! It's terrible.

NeNe is in for a shock doing eight shows on Broadway every week. That is hard, hard work.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think NeNe just outed herself as a liar. She insisted to Andy she had not watched the premiere of RHOA tonight. But just before commercial, while ranting against Cynthia, NeNe said we will see the true Cynthia if Andy continues to play clips from the episode. Ha!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

I also meant to add that Andy's pup avoided NeNe like the plague! Usually, I see him at least attempt a little fun time with the guests. Last week, the dog managed to entice Martin Short into serious action with his tug toy. But pup ignored NeNe. First, he went behind the chairs, then, he concentrated on Andy. Made me wonder if NeNe spritzed on a little Eau de NoNo Chien.

I know the dog, and Andy, have received criticism, but I love him. I especially watch to see how the celebs react to him, so the NeNe deal really stood out to me.

• Love 1

It's funny, I think I'm just the opposite. I can ignore a lot of Andy's immature dickhead moves, but his carelessness with the dog really gets under my skin for some reason. Animals are such an unpredictable entity, it always concerns me what's going to happen when Wacha is let loose in the studio. The fact that Andy just laughs it off as "cute" and "hilarious" is really inappropriate to me. Even more so than him asking Oprah if she's ever dipped into the ladypond or some older actress how much plastic surgery she's had done.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 3

Sheesh, I must be outta the loop, but I never heard of Rob Riggle.  Couldn't decide at first if he was vaguely hot or goony-looking.  Settled on goony-looking.  I like Naomi, but anyone who tries that hard not to insult anyone ends up being dull.  I was bored by this one.  Rob the goon was not funny.  He's supposed to be a comedian?  Who's booking your guests, Satan Andy?  That assistant you torture & pay shitty?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

I thought Naomi looked a hot mess.  I didn't like her hair, the dress was ugly, and what on earth did she have on her feet?  Also, when they got up to do the shot, she sorta shuffled over like she was having a hard time walking and, although I tried to get a good look at her feet/shoes, Andy's dog was in the way.

I know what you mean bout Naomi's hair & clothes, but she sorta has always fascinated me that she's just so young looking & she still is.  I mean she looks younger & better than either of her daughters, despite the fugly clothes & questionable hair color & style