Type keyword(s) to search

Watch What Happens Live Past Seasons

• Start Topic

Meredith Viera was super entertaining! Loved that Matt Lauer shade!

Oh look, Wacha ate more glasses...

Connie naming Joe Theismann and OJ Simpson as football players was hilarious. She does have the most gorgeous hair ever. Justin Long was pretty funny as well.

• Love 2

I'm not a huge Wiig fan, it feels like she's been playing the same character in each movie since she finished playing the same characters on SNL, but that's just my take. Watching her and Hader together was quite entertaining though and I was only bummed when Hader basically apologized for telling the truth, that the Biebs was just the worst.

Who knew Meredith Viera would come to the rescue of the truth?! I wanted to bow down when she coughed out that tidbit about Matt Lauer! Now, I know his lazy, lecherous ass was surely not tuning into a former co-worker's talk show appearance, but I'm sure it will make his twitter feed that he's surely reading on his morning flight from the Hamptons to 30 Rock. Mindy looked impressed; she could take a page from Meredith's book, but I don't think Mindy likes to call anyone out.   

For those of us who did not watch, please tell us what the tidbit was.  Bravo has a tidbit from the aftershow on its web site, but there she is saying something nice about Lauer. 

Sadly, I think her deadpan delivery was part of the joke. This article claims she and Matt are buds who like to tease each other. :(

I am choosing to believe Meredith was throwing actual shade at Matt. ;-)

I WANT TO BELIEVE, MEREDITH!

I heard the same press in the next day or two, that they're great buds and all: well blech! I'm also going to hold out hope because Meredith doesn't appear to be worried at all about where her career goes or how many more millions she can make. And I think she's class-ay enough to throw real shade while also saying what a great guy he is. Even if she won't throw down, she must know what a colossal asshole the guy is IRL. I think it was Mindy's reaction that sold me.

If it was real shade it just shows Meredith's ignorance since Lauer, before his descent into raging dickheadedness, actually was one of the best morning news show hosts.  Up there with Harry Smith, Charles Osgood, Charlie Rose and Jeff Glor.  He put up with Bryant Gumble's arrogant jealousy as the newsreader and reined in Katie Couric and her overwheening ego for several years before it finally galloped out of control and he started seeing the financial windfall from letting La Couric beam her way as she basically torched the Today Show to the ground and then moved on.  Lauer had the chance to rebuild the show and instead decided to let continue it's descent.  Meredith didn't help any imo.

The real sad fact about Lauer is he started out being very good at his job.  That's the real element of his being such an asshole now.  He made the choice. 

Now real shade would be to ask who Cohen has been blowing and ball cradling to get the jobs he clearly has no skill or talent or ability to carry.  Talk about coasting on corporate coitus.  Somewhere in Palm Springs are a couple of ancient GE/NBCUniversal prostates that miss the gentle but clever lapping of Andy Cohen's tongue.

• Love 3

Liam Neeson is never better when he's on Watch! He'll do anything, say anything & wear anything. He is so cool. He never disappoints. I also really like Hickey, too. It's funny I think I've seen him in everything but didn't know his name until he started doing Watch. This show is best when they don't use the reality stars as guest. Also, Hickey is a really good looking guy and I liked that he was friendly with Neeson's late wife. Hysterical show tonight.

OK, Andy's smiling bugs the fuck outta me usually, but was he smiling even more in this one?  Liam is a nice guy, but if  I were there, I'd have kicked Andy in the face to get him to stop the insanely annoying smiling.  Goin' now to Google Hickey cuz I have no idea who he is, but I did like the story bout Liam's wife.  Andy was a dope.  Instead of so stupidly cutting it off, he coulda gotten Liam to talk a bit bout his wife, which he never does publicly.  But he really is a shitty host.

The shows on Bravo now are so awful, this is the only thing I watch.  We'll see how long I can take annoying Andy's non-stop insipid smiling.  He has been getting OK guests lately -- except for that Girls chick.  Boring twat.

I do kinda like watching Andy's eyes bug out when there's someone he's attracted to.  He likes Gingers.  He really liked the ginger bartender in the black t-shirt (on the show with Liam).  And the other nite when he had on Patrick Wilson.  Funny, I thought Patrick didn't look all that great -- at first.  Then he stood up and -- hello great body.  Andy's eyes popped right outta his head.  He even said something about his "tits".  See, this, I actually kinda like cuz no other gay host would express a little gay lust.  Anderson never would in a zillion years (zzzzzzzzzzzz).  Neither would Ellen or Rosie or Queen Latifah.  Oh yeah, I forgot, she ain't out.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Goin' now to Google Hickey cuz I have no idea who he is, but I did like the story bout Liam's wife.  Andy was a dope.  Instead of so stupidly cutting it off, he coulda gotten Liam to talk a bit bout his wife, which he never does publicly.  But he really is a shitty host.

J.B. Hickey is one of those actors who, once on your radar, is actually in a million things you've seen. He's just crazy good in every role. Manhattan has actually really sucked me in, and a lot of it has to do with the chemistry of Hickey's character. The show has some issues, like pacing and false drama, but Hickey and Olivia Williams and unknown-young-guy/semi-rival actor are great. Classic Andy that he genuinely seemed confused about whether The Manhattan Project is fiction or not.

Liam is the best dammit, and I'm glad I stayed tuned even though Andy's asshat impression of Taken died on the table when he so unconvincingly had to seethe "I have a very particular set of skills..." He couldn't even get through a spoof of the line without my brain trying to make a break for the door out of embarrassment. FWIW, Liam did a pretty in-depth interview with Anderson for 60 Minutes last year that was about 90% personal and related to losing Natasha; absolutely heartbreaking, but a wonderful interview.

How is it that Andy can get "Schindler's Schnapps (?)" out with nary a problem, but when discussing (poorly, of course) a Holocaust survivor, his mind goes to Amsterdam instead of Auschwitz? It's like he needs Drunk History come to life where anything that actually has happened, is happening, or will happen in the world is somehow related to booze, and then it's locked into his noodle like the nuclear codes.

• Love 2

It's as if Andy was purposely trying to make Josh Flagg cry.  He obviously saw him start to get emotional and he kept asking more and more questions until Josh was totally broken down about the death of his grandmother.

I agree. It was really inappropriate and disrespectful with the other guys there. Plus, Andy's show has always been about the "fun" so I don't get him doing his best Barbara Walters.

• Love 1

It's fun when the guests like Jeff Garlin and Luanne are real talkers and you can just read Andy's mind screaming "Wrap it up, movie it along, I want to talk, it's time for a game" while they are going on and on.

• Love 3

I got mad when Jeff didn't get to finish his story about eating 36 donuts during filming because he didn't yet know about the "spit bucket".  He was going to say what happened the next day, but Andy trampled over him, probably do take another caller who was going to ask some lame question no one cares about.

When I saw Sofia Vergara was going to be on last week, I hoped the relaxed nature of this show would show a better side to her personality than I had seen in other interviews, but...no.   She at least didn't go on and on about her own beauty and what a burden it is, which I appreciated because I've heard that from her enough, but she's just not fun.  She's not a good sport, and almost seems defensive when she has no reason to be.  I'm officially not a fan, now that I have seen her in a forum where she had the chance to just be laid back and enjoy herself instead of shilling her new perfume like a Real Housewife, and getting visibly irritated when the questions asked were not to her liking.

BJ Novak and Kate Walsh were pretty fun tonight.  Kate might have been drunk?  She looked stunning, as always.

I'm officially sick of Andy's dog now.

I was surprised at Sophia Vergara's lack of personality. What a bore. Complete opposite from her vivacious role on Modern Family. Guess she really is a good actress.

And that exaggerated accent is beyond irritating now. Who does she think she is? Charo? Show some REAL personality Sophia!

• Love 2
BJ Novak and Kate Walsh were pretty fun tonight.  Kate might have been drunk?  She looked stunning, as always.

Drunk Kate Walsh was ever the treasure. Gold, really. 

• Love 1

I could instantly tell that Jeff Garlin had never seen Andy's show before...and then he fessed up to it right after the break. He was a bit of an annoying talker, but Andy needs to loosen up a bit. You know, maybe sometimes it's OK that they don't get to play the game. God forbid we don't get the 137th installment of Andy loves crotchy.

• Love 2

I love Gretchen Mol and was so excited to see her on WWHL, so you can imagine my delight when Andy only talked to Melissa Etheridge and Gretchen just had to sit there the whole time.  At least she got to participate in gamelets!  HUGE EYEROLL.

Gretchen Mol must have been a last minute replacement, as she was not scheduled to be on with Melissa.  The other guest was supposed to be someone from Saturday Night Live, I think. 

I like Gretchen, but I like Melissa as well.  I think that Melissa is the bigger 'get' for the show, so it didn't shock me or even bother me that Andy talked to her a lot.  He probably didn't need a co-guest next to Melissa, but it was funny when they began talking about (Andy's favorite subject) weed -- the merits of edible vs. smoked -- and Gretchen weighed in with her thoughts on it as well.  That seemed to be the bonding moment for all 3 of them.

I had heard Melissa's Howard Stern interview earlier that morning, and was impressed with her.  She is a very upbeat, open person with a great attitude and good sense of humor, who has also experienced a lot of interesting things.  She probably has a million stories, but on a show like WWHL she is forced into playing Andy's games and fending off his dog. 

Oh, and Wacha was out of control on the After Show, constantly attacking Melissa's boots.  I have to assume -- or hope -- that Andy asks his guests in advance if they mind the dog coming out and possibly being rambunctious.  I certainly hope that he doesn't just let the dog loose without warning.

Edited by Sherry67

I still don't get the show.  I guess I should call Time Warner?  I don't want anyone to know I watch it!

But you're free!! I know what you mean though, a few years ago when I had cable, I was shocked to find I couldn't watch The Soup because they simply didn't carry the E! channel at all. First of all, I was convinced I was an idiot who couldn't find where they'd hidden the channel, and then I had to call and ask (second humiliation), and then had to explain to them why they should carry the channel (this was the Kardashian heyday no less) given that Joel McHale is a WA-raised comedian. It was like trying to convince a piece of chalk, needless to say I ended up getting out of cable.

Why was Caroline the #1 guest who Andy spent 90+% of the show speaking to? I wasn't a mega fan of the years of SNL when Ana was there, but I could have a thimble for a head and still know that she's a person with actual talent and skills (though I realize it's not in Andy's wheelhouse to differentiate). She looked confused and her body language grew stranger as things went on, like she couldn't believe Andy was asking her nada and going on for one-third of the show about Caroline's 12.5 lb. rack. 

I loved the stupidity of the preview for tomorrow's "prime" one-on-one where he was shown asking a series of softball questions and they flashed to like the 3 facial expressions the Gorga's have for all of life. I'm suresuresuresuresure he's going to really break it down and ask the hard questions and get the tough answers... gag...

Edited by meisje
  • Love 1

I love Gretchen Mol and was so excited to see her on WWHL, so you can imagine my delight when Andy only talked to Melissa Etheridge and Gretchen just had to sit there the whole time.  At least she got to participate in gamelets!  HUGE EYEROLL.

Why does he do this? Just have one guest on the show if you can't give equal attention to both. Just who did Andy blow to get this job and his exec. position at Bravo? He has no charm, is not funny and has no interviewing skills AT ALL!

I don't know  much about basic cable, are they subject to local affiliate station owners who can censor certain programs like network stations can be?  I called Time Warner and they could not understand my complaint other than my guide was not loading correctly.

Andy was awkward as fuck talking to Josh Flagg tonight. He confuses Amsterdam for Aushwitz?

Way late to this but Josh and Edith went to Amsterdam on the show and it was during this trip they went to Aushwitz. So Andy wasn't entirely off base there.

• Love 1

Is Kelly from Below Deck immature, self conscious, just plain simple, or a combination of all three? He spent the entire show giggling and covering his mouth. So much so even clueless Andy said something about it. Boy is strange.

• Love 2
I can't believe Hilary Duff is honestly making the rounds promoting a new singing album. Really?

This!  And that she had the nerve to get upset that everyone was asking Lizzie McGuire questions.  Bitch, that show made you (and the show was awesome and I still don't forgive her momager for causing so many issues that they just decided to scratch the last season.  Yes, I'm angry).

Also didn't really like Giada.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3

This! And that she had the nerve to get upset that everyone was asking Lizzie McGuire questions. Bitch, that show made you (and the show was awesome and I still don't forgive her momager for causing so many issues that they just decided to scratch the last season. Yes, I'm angry).

Also didn't really like Giada.

Thank you, my now 21 yr old daughter loved Lizzie McGuire. When it ended I was like wth! What was that? The ending didn't make sense. I assumed something happened, just didn't know what.

I used to think Hillary Duff was the cutest girl ever. Now, she's okay but nothing special.

I stopped watching about 15 mins. Hillary bored me and Giada had that scary smile on the whole time. I don't hate Giada but she seems smug and full of herself.

Sunday 10/12/2014: Amber and Jim Marchese. Oy.

I graduated from a NYC Catholic h.s. (though we're Lutheran/Church of Sweden). I've made lifelong friends.

This weekend I reunited with an Italian American classmate and her family. Her mom is hysterical. We were discussing men, bfs, good guys, bad guys. Mom started talking about certain men who are "mezzo braciole," meaning half-size meat entrees! I asked her to explain, and she said short guys who have inferiority complexes are mezzo braciole!

Omg. Jim Marchese needs to be in the dictionary next to mezzo braciole. Can't stand him!!

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

Jim Marchese is breathtakingly arrogant and delusional. His delusion is matched only by his wife's. Egads what a pair. Signing up for RHofNJ was a serious, SERIOUS mistake on their part despite how glad they both profess for having done it. This is going to haunt them for a long time; socially and probably financially. Who would want to use Jim's business after seeing him on these shows? And just when I am thinking Amber is not that bad, perhaps just a bit misguided, she states she wouldn't change one thing about Jim. Amber baby, he's all yours!

• Love 3

Way late to this but Josh and Edith went to Amsterdam on the show and it was during this trip they went to Aushwitz. So Andy wasn't entirely off base there.

I wish Andy had articulated his question more clearly. He said "When you both visited the site of a concentration camp... this ... Amsterdam?" And Josh quickly corrected him, "Aushwitz" so it's sounded like he bungled the cities. He should have said "i remember you both visited a concentration camp. when you guys went to Amsterdam and decided to visit...?" If he forgot the specific camp they went to during the trip. JMHO

Edited by Petunia13

Yes, a class act she is! True Hollywood class. She tells great stories and nobody gets hurt.

......except her when Andy's dog jumped up and nipped at her face. Not cool. You could tell by the way she was touching her face it hurt.

Edited by AnnieGirl
  • Love 1